Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Inspection System

Go down 
+10
faerirose
Claudia
Childe of Malkav
Ringo
Sykar
UncleCruncle
redeyesandlonghair
Jad.3
ThePhilosopher
Zer0Morph
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

The Inspection System - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Inspection System   The Inspection System - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 5:27 am

Yeah but I recall you have to make him talk in a certain order to sense that something's wrong ^^
Back to top Go down
faerirose
Fledgling
Fledgling
faerirose

PostSubject: Re: The Inspection System   The Inspection System - Page 2 EmptyTue May 03, 2011 9:44 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
TCI Members and Fans,

To avoid this kind of item exploitation and to make the Inspection Feat worth having, we removed a great deal of items, especially in the four main hubs, and replaced them with items that ONLY appear if the player has a high enough Inspection Feat to see them. You see, the items now lay around (like before) but are invisible and cannot be picked up unless the players Inspection Feat is high enough.

I wondered if that was the case. I ran into the bathroom in my crap apartment when I started the game and the pills weren't in the cabinet and the watch wasn't next to the toilet. Then I started to think maybe they weren't in the unmodded versions and moved on but still thought they should've been there. BLAST! I already figured out that Haggle is important, but now I should start dumping XP into inspections.

Wise decision. Me likey.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: The Inspection System   The Inspection System - Page 2 EmptyTue May 03, 2011 9:49 pm

Thanks Faeri!

The idea was to make some of the less used Feats more worth having. Inspection and Haggle were at the top of our list. Because I know the ins and outs of TFN (I wonder why, lol) I also make sure my Haggle is at least 5 and same with my Inspection. Nice thing about Inspection is that you can always increase it later in the game and pick up the items you missed. Of course you have to hunt for them, but for the most part the good items like Free Armor, Occult Items, and very expensive weapons can be found in the main hubs, just lying around. Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Shabutaro
Methuselah
Methuselah
Shabutaro

PostSubject: Re: The Inspection System   The Inspection System - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 8:39 am

just got to hollywood.. went for a walk in the alleys.. whats that? ding ding ding FLAMETHROWER!! win Smile I just can't find those damn occult items... i bet they are in some corner of some crappy place where you only go once in the whole game or where u actually never have to go.. grr spent about 30 minutes in SM to find that damn occult item-.-
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: The Inspection System   The Inspection System - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 1:01 pm

In TFN 1.1 it will be worth finding the occult items regardless if you need them or not. I've raised the sell value to match the buy value so every occult item in the game will be worth some good money, just in case you don't want to keep them and rather have cash.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Aluka
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: The Inspection System   The Inspection System - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 4:42 pm

I'm glad to see that feat finally being worth investing XP, like everyone else I usually just ignored it. Now for the first time I saw those hidden doors at the Giovanni Stronghold sparkle ^^ And getting the Ithaca that early in the game is quite an asset.
But I think that some items are still too easy to find. With Inspection 5 I found the Sledgehammer and the flame thrower upon entering Hollywood, so I had both the best Melee weapon for killing humans and the Gargoyle as well as the best weapon for killing... well, everything, actually. A hunter at a peep show? A crazy Serial killer? A Tzimisce elder? A Tong ambush in Chinatown? Just burn them. That was way to early in the game to find a weapon like that. In addition, with Inspection 6 I found the Body Armor in Chinatown. Again, that should be more difficult. I mean, for having Inspection level 6 in Chinatown you don't even have to actually specialize in Ranged Combat, just have enough Perception to at least hit anything and a few points of Investigation because you know it has become more important than it has been in Bloodlines.
On the other hand, even with Inspection 10 I wasn't able to track down any of the occult items Neutral
Back to top Go down
Fusei
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: The Inspection System   The Inspection System - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 5:40 pm

Isn't there some kind of balance issue ? I mean the inspection feat is tied to perception, what if I want to play melee and that I'm looking for occult items ? I'd have to waste XP on my per attribute ? I bet it's quite expensive, XP wise.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: The Inspection System   The Inspection System - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 5:48 pm

Fusei wrote:
Isn't there some kind of balance issue ? I mean the inspection feat is tied to perception, what if I want to play melee and that I'm looking for occult items ? I'd have to waste XP on my per attribute ? I bet it's quite expensive, XP wise.
That's part of what Zer0 intended to do for TFN: You have to make choices, sometimes even bad ones...

- geek
Back to top Go down
TheInvoker
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: The Inspection System   The Inspection System - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 3:34 pm

Does inspection work correctly??
I tested at the hospital in the room with Malcolm's keys..... i can see the keys with at least 5 points of inspection,but if i have 4 and i use Auspex they don't appear. Also if i have 4 and i buy 1 point of perception/investigation they don't appear. I have to go out of the hospital and then come back in Sad
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: The Inspection System   The Inspection System - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 4:52 pm

This is a known bug that will be fixed once Zer0 had time to test all the fixes and publish a 1.4.1 version.
Back to top Go down
TheInvoker
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: The Inspection System   The Inspection System - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 6:34 pm

ok i thought it was fixed

is this known too?
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com/t2398-fang-of-voukodlak

Also please answer to this
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com/t2393-questions-and-my-first-impressions#47490

Or answer here since it's about inspection
I mean the part where i ask to have the list of the hidden objects i can find with Inspection.. (items and level needed,not the location)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Inspection System   The Inspection System - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Inspection System
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next