Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blood timer settings?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris313AllNight
Fledgling
Fledgling

Blood timer settings? Empty
PostSubject: Blood timer settings?   Blood timer settings? EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 8:53 pm

For those that don't like exactly how the Blood timer works, I've seen how it's adjustable with notepad and things. But my question/idea is putting those settings into the game. Adjustable either at the beginning of the game or also making it adjustable while playing the game? (Accessible by the stats sheet?) Give an option weather to turn it on or off and a settable number minutes? (I saw a post that someone said they had cranked it up to 20 minutes before they started losing blood) Will we see something like that for those that don't want to mess with the notepad way of doing it?

Aside from that, I've been reading about the mod since I first heard of it right before 1.0 came out and I'm looking forward to trying 1.2 onwards.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Blood timer settings?   Blood timer settings? EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 11:06 pm

Chris313AllNight wrote:
For those that don't like exactly how the Blood timer works, I've seen how it's adjustable with notepad and things. But my question/idea is putting those settings into the game. Adjustable either at the beginning of the game or also making it adjustable while playing the game? (Accessible by the stats sheet?) Give an option weather to turn it on or off and a settable number minutes? (I saw a post that someone said they had cranked it up to 20 minutes before they started losing blood) Will we see something like that for those that don't want to mess with the notepad way of doing it?

Aside from that, I've been reading about the mod since I first heard of it right before 1.0 came out and I'm looking forward to trying 1.2 onwards.

Hey Chris, welcome to the CE boards...

I wish I was a programmer and knew how to fulfill your request. If their is a way of doing this I will certainly implement it immediately. It's a great idea unfortunately out of my scope of knowledge but again if someone knows how to implement this into CE I will be more than happy to add it to the list of features.

Have you seen the screenshots of CE 1.2 in the media section?
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Chris313AllNight
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Blood timer settings?   Blood timer settings? EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 1:34 am

Zer0Morph wrote:
Chris313AllNight wrote:

Hey Chris, welcome to the CE boards...

I wish I was a programmer and knew how to fulfill your request. If their is a way of doing this I will certainly implement it immediately. It's a great idea unfortunately out of my scope of knowledge but again if someone knows how to implement this into CE I will be more than happy to add it to the list of features.

Have you seen the screenshots of CE 1.2 in the media section?

Yes. That's unfortunate. You have willingness to implement what I'm sure would be an excellent feature, but not the knowledge to make it happen. That's a real blow. I suggest either learning the needed programming yourself, or recruit someone to your team who does. (Hell, I'd volunteer, but I know jack about anything. You're way ahead of me. I only know enough to know I'm looking at code, but not what to do to make it do anything! lol! ) As I was sitting here reading your reply, I was thinking about the set number of minutes for the blood timing feature if it's ever implemented like I said. I'd go with having a chooseable number of minutes like filling out the stats on the character sheet, and if that's not enough, have a box like the one where you type in the character's name and let them pick the number themselves. (Though, if you do it like that for certain parts of the game, I think I'd just turn off the timer, altogether. One part of the game comes to mind where turning off that feature would be good. The Warrens. I always get lost in the sewers and I'd be frenzying constantly trying to find my way out. That'd be a good thing though against thost damned head humpers!)

And yes, I have seen the new screenies. The Brujah with the skull shirt was very interesting. I know my girl would like it and she's never even played Bloodlines cause of not having a computer to run it, let alone a good connection (Dial up) to download the 4 or so GBs of game off Steam. (The game is compatible with Steam versions, right? That's what I have as well.)
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Blood timer settings?   Blood timer settings? EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 3:00 am

I believe it's compatible with Steam, I'm sure I would've heard something by now if it wasnt.

Yes all good ideas, but I won't be learning how to program just to implement that feature, I'd rather do other things with my time. But you're more than welcome to take the up the torch on that. queen

When you were in the warrens were you playing 1.0 or 1.1? 1.0 had a 3 minute timer where 1.1 had a 5 minute timer. A couple bags of blood would certainly help you make it through those areas.
Back to top Go down
Chris313AllNight
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Blood timer settings?   Blood timer settings? EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 4:27 am

Zer0Morph wrote:
I believe it's compatible with Steam, I'm sure I would've heard something by now if it wasnt.

Yes all good ideas, but I won't be learning how to program just to implement that feature, I'd rather do other things with my time. But you're more than welcome to take the up the torch on that. queen

When you were in the warrens were you playing 1.0 or 1.1? 1.0 had a 3 minute timer where 1.1 had a 5 minute timer. A couple bags of blood would certainly help you make it through those areas.

Good to know. I'll probably find out myself when 1.2 or later debuts. If you don't wanna learn programming just for that, I'd suggest finding a programmer to add to your team and continue working on your individual plans. Those screenies were awesome. (Loved the Ventrue's Red and black outfit) As you said earlier, if I knew what I needed about programming, I'd tap out things and send it to you to impliment, but I don't. So... But if all else fails, there's that Notepad solution, right? Still, I'm crossing my fingers the option gets programmed into the game later on. As for the last time I was playing, I haven't even completed my first play through yet. And I'm not playing any CE version. I'm running the UP 5.4 last I looked. (I've not played for months, so I haven't updated the patches, either) When I try out whatever CE version is newest, it'll be my first time playing the new Mod. I'll also keep the blood bag thing in mind. With the way the game was before, I basically maxed out on blood, so I had plenty to drink if I needed it, but it just sat there.

I'll be watching for more goodies. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Blood timer settings?   Blood timer settings? EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 5:35 am

Oh you haven't played any version of CE yet? How do you know the Warrens will be hard then?

Either way, dude you gotta fire up CE 1.1, it's awesome!
Back to top Go down
Chris313AllNight
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Blood timer settings?   Blood timer settings? EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 4:45 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Oh you haven't played any version of CE yet? How do you know the Warrens will be hard then?

Nope. I haven't tried any version of CE. And I've played through the Warrens before on my current UP 5.4 install. Took me forever to get out. From everything I've seen and heard, CE rocks and you're making me wanna try 1.1 now.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Blood timer settings?   Blood timer settings? EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 11:10 pm

Chris313AllNight wrote:
Zer0Morph wrote:

Nope. I haven't tried any version of CE. And I've played through the Warrens before on my current UP 5.4 install. Took me forever to get out. From everything I've seen and heard, CE rocks and you're making me wanna try 1.1 now.

With 1.2 coming out in the next month or so, you should fire up 1.1 so that you're not as shocked at the changes in 1.2. We changed ALOT in 1.1, but 1.2 rams it down you're throat lol.
Back to top Go down
Chris313AllNight
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Blood timer settings?   Blood timer settings? EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 11:16 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Chris313AllNight wrote:
Zer0Morph wrote:

With 1.2 coming out in the next month or so, you should fire up 1.1 so that you're not as shocked at the changes in 1.2. We changed ALOT in 1.1, but 1.2 rams it down you're throat lol.

Ha! I like ramming. Should gimme a very neat experience From what I've been exposed to before. Maybe I'll complete my first complete playthrough with your CE mod attached. What better praise is there then that?
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Blood timer settings?   Blood timer settings? EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 11:38 pm

Thats great, you won't regret it. When you get near the game write up a review on what you thought of it, the good, the bad, and the ugly. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blood timer settings?   Blood timer settings? Empty

Back to top Go down

Blood timer settings?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: Camarilla Edition Forum :: Post Your Ideas-
Jump to: