Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Weapon System

Go down 
+12
redeyesandlonghair
Tuishimi
Claudia
Feral
PGM1961
ThePhilosopher
Jad.3
Nezumi
Eliza
Childe of Malkav
8people
Zer0Morph
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

The Weapon System - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Weapon System   The Weapon System - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 9:31 am

Tuishimi wrote:
Zer0Morph wrote:
Feral wrote:
Unless you wanted to loose your head. Making fun of a samurai was sort of effective method. Poor Japanese pesants...

Did you guys know that lose is the most mispelled word in the English language?

Next to "misspelled". Razz

Sorry, man. Smile

Wow my hand really hurts... because I just got BURNED!!!! Twisted Evil

Nice one Tuishimi! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: The Weapon System   The Weapon System - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 10:42 am

redeyesandlonghair wrote:
Feral wrote:
Jad.3 wrote:
Nah, there were nothing joyous about them.

Unless you wanted to loose your head. Making fun of a samurai was sort of effective method. Poor Japanese pesants...

That's not a typo. He's obviously making a Keujin reference.

Don't get it... Suspect
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: The Weapon System   The Weapon System - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 2:10 pm

"Peasants" anyone?
Back to top Go down
redeyesandlonghair
Ancillae
Ancillae
redeyesandlonghair

PostSubject: Re: The Weapon System   The Weapon System - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 6:29 pm

Feral wrote:
redeyesandlonghair wrote:
Feral wrote:
Jad.3 wrote:
Nah, there were nothing joyous about them.

That's not a typo. He's obviously making a Keujin reference.

Don't get it... Suspect

Keujin can remove their head and have it attack you... sort of like "loosing the hounds" on someone, but with your head. Also there are samurai and japanese peasants in the qoute!
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: The Weapon System   The Weapon System - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 6:52 pm

Unclean foreign beasts... To attack with ones head. That should be against the Traditions... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tuishimi
Elder
Elder
Tuishimi

PostSubject: :)   The Weapon System - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 11:48 am

I've discovered that the sledgehammer makes a very worthwhile weapon to have. I cannot believe how quickly I did away with the gargoyle! That was a surprise since I've been struggling with my character to NOT die in battles. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: The Weapon System   The Weapon System - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 12:08 pm

Tuishimi wrote:
I've discovered that the sledgehammer makes a very worthwhile weapon to have. I cannot believe how quickly I did away with the gargoyle! That was a surprise since I've been struggling with my character to NOT die in battles. Very Happy
And all it takes to know is to question Strauss.
Back to top Go down
Tuishimi
Elder
Elder
Tuishimi

PostSubject: Re: The Weapon System   The Weapon System - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 12:10 pm

Jad.3 wrote:
Tuishimi wrote:
And all it takes to know is to question Strauss.

LOL! No, I already knew it was useful for the gargoyle, but it seems like it is also faster than it used to be, or maybe that is just me. I wailed on the gargoyle... bam bam bam... he couldn't even get a smash in edgewise.

In the past he used to be one of the harder things to take down (for me).

I dunno... maybe I am just crazy. Smile

You're funny (all it takes is to ask Strauss).
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: The Weapon System   The Weapon System - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 12:13 pm

Thanks, I was going for funny!
Anyway, Zer0 adjusted guns, maybe he's done st to old melee thingies too.
Back to top Go down
Tuishimi
Elder
Elder
Tuishimi

PostSubject: Re: The Weapon System   The Weapon System - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 12:14 pm

Yeah, it looks like he did according to the chart, I just don't know what the values used to be. I think I'll just carry it around and use it for everything. Razz
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: The Weapon System   The Weapon System - Page 2 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 2:05 pm

It's funny you guys began talking about the weapons today. Last night I went through and rebalanced all of the melee weapons. In TFN 1.1 the bashing weapons will do alot more damage (except for the sledgehammer, that one was fine) and the lethal weapons will do less damage.

I tested this theory on Brother Kanker last night and sure enough, my bashing weapons only did 1/2 dmg to him while my lethal weapons did full damage. So using that, in TFN 1.1 the bashing weapons will be good vs. Humans where lethal weapons will be good vs. Kindred.

I didn't touch the guns, those dmg values turned out nicely.
Back to top Go down
Aluka
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: The Weapon System   The Weapon System - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 3:37 pm

I have to say that I'm a big fan of the Steyr Aug's lower Firing Rate. It still is one of the most useful weapons, but taking into consideration that you get it only very late in the game that's okay. It is much more balanced now, I really like that Very Happy
The Crossbow and even Pyro Crossbow still don't seem to be very useful though. They are rather precise weapons, granted, but even though they are supposed to be silent I get spotted whenever I use them, they don't deal much damage to NPCs (even the weakest undead lowlives never took more than 20 damage from it - however, being shot at by a hunter with a Pyro Crossbow really hurts the Player Character) and they take long to reload. When I first saw the Crossbow in Bloodlines it looked like a real fun weapon, but up to now, it whas never been worth carrying. I'd love to see that changed Smile

//edit: What I also found to be a little irritating was that you can't find that... Nodachi it was called, I think. The big sword ^^ If I wanted to have this one, I had to buy from Akeem - or kill him to get his one (which, I need to add, was much too easy. No problem with the Uzi or even the Patria, he barely moves while being shot at, doesn't use Disciplines, doesn't use ranged weapons...) After having found at least a hundred Katanas I expected this one to be waiting for me in the locked room at the Fu Syndicate (the one which requires Lockpicking 10) - but no, just another Katana.
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: The Weapon System   The Weapon System - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 3:55 pm

Aluka wrote:
I had to buy from Akeem - or kill him to get his one (which, I need to add, was much too easy. No problem with the Uzi or even the Patria, he barely moves while being shot at, doesn't use Disciplines, doesn't use ranged weapons...).
What a wuss! Very Happy

As for nodachi, same goes for ninjato.
Back to top Go down
Tuishimi
Elder
Elder
Tuishimi

PostSubject: Re: The Weapon System   The Weapon System - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 4:05 pm

Aluka wrote:
After having found at least a hundred Katanas I expected this one to be waiting for me in the locked room at the Fu Syndicate (the one which requires Lockpicking 10) - but no, just another Katana.

Stingy developers!!!!

Razz Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Aluka
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: The Weapon System   The Weapon System - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 5:14 pm

Jad.3 wrote:
Aluka wrote:
I had to buy from Akeem - or kill him to get his one (which, I need to add, was much too easy. No problem with the Uzi or even the Patria, he barely moves while being shot at, doesn't use Disciplines, doesn't use ranged weapons...).
What a wuss! Very Happy

As for nodachi, same goes for ninjato.

Playing as a Setite I also took him down in Melee Razz My Baali didn't like that idea, though ^^
You sure about the Ninjato? I always ended up having one and I'm sure I didn't buy it. I think some of the Tong carry one, I remember at least one of them attacking me with a sword that caused me aggravated damage.
Back to top Go down
Kastor785
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: The Weapon System   The Weapon System - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 12:28 pm

Can't say much for the accuracy of the weapons
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: The Weapon System   The Weapon System - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 8:44 pm

Looks like I need to review how many of these new Japanese swords are available, and also take another look at Akeem's combat prowess. Please post these in the "Ideas" section of TFN so it's not missed when I go through my playthrough to further improve TFN.
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: The Weapon System   The Weapon System - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 9:44 am

Am I the only one who had to flee for my life while Akeem chased me with Celerity?

Man, Daimonion is so underwhelming when you can't use it against supernaturals =(
Back to top Go down
Kastor785
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: The Weapon System   The Weapon System - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 11:29 am

Akeem attacked you or you attacked him?And how did you do that forced him to attack you? Question Question silent silent
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: The Weapon System   The Weapon System - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 1:39 pm

I insulted the Assamites after he insulted the Baali and took it a little too far, suddenly he started chasing me, using Celerity and a no-dachi. I didn't stand a chance.
Back to top Go down
Kastor785
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: The Weapon System   The Weapon System - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 12:11 pm

:O :O :O :O :O
Back to top Go down
TheInvoker
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: The Weapon System   The Weapon System - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 6:54 am

which is the formula for damage?

Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: The Weapon System   The Weapon System - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 5:20 pm

It's in the game manual.
Back to top Go down
TheInvoker
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: The Weapon System   The Weapon System - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 3:59 am

Zer0Morph wrote:
It's in the game manual.

ok so you didn't change anything,good.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: The Weapon System   The Weapon System - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 2:55 pm

No, the formula is the same, I only wrote out the formula so others could see how it works.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Weapon System   The Weapon System - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Weapon System
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2