Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Masquerade Violation System

Go down 
+11
Childe of Malkav
redeyesandlonghair
Tuishimi
Jad.3
8people
Nezumi
Maxus Corvin
ThePhilosopher
Feral
PGM1961
Zer0Morph
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

The Masquerade Violation System - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Masquerade Violation System   The Masquerade Violation System - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 2:39 am

Yup, that's vanilla. If your humanity is low enough, there are some situations when you can frenzy, force feed, or induce combat out of a dialog.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: The Masquerade Violation System   The Masquerade Violation System - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 2:47 am

Zer0Morph wrote:
Tuishimi wrote:

Well after playing this for a few nights (playing 3 different characters) I've learned that I am a crappy gamer. Smile I get killed left and right, I've had masquerade violation after masquerade violation (Being Setite has its drawbacks), I got yelled at by VV (but not spanked, unfortunately), and blood dolls hate me. Smile

Stop using Apep's Semblance in front of the Red Spot, LOL. lol!

Apep's Semblance if ront of the red spot Question You would only do it if you were color blind for red and green cherry alien

Tuishimi, you don't really expect that china doll pretty sucker girl to spank you Shocked She's way too delicate for something like that

- geek
Back to top Go down
Tuishimi
Elder
Elder
Tuishimi

PostSubject: :)   The Masquerade Violation System - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 4:24 am

My imagination is so ViVid.

Back to top Go down
Ragnhild
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: The Masquerade Violation System   The Masquerade Violation System - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 3:21 pm

Hi!
The Systhem is nice :-) But I thinks its a bit Triggerhappy. I gave me one Violation for doing Obea in a closed room with only the mostly unconcious Heather with me. And a nother one for feeding in a Dark coner in an alley (between the two dumpster were the Chunk double and the Thug relieve therselve in Santa Monica) so anybody would only be able to see it fromt the back and any mostly sane Vampire would make it look like having ehh fun, wouldn't they?
Also somebody else noticed that the Masquerade Violations are spread a bit uneaven, my I idea to that would be to give tokesn to be redeemed if needed (maybe if the Prince has a sort of Contract with this I think Silvia is her name or has his own personell) would make it easier though of course :-)

Just my two pennys worth

Ragni
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: The Masquerade Violation System   The Masquerade Violation System - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 7:38 pm

Hello fresh blood,

welcome to the forum.
Yea, you're right. Sometimes I don't know where the witness came from either. But that is afaik not a TFN thing. Except that in TFN, there are more people on the streets, so the chance of being seen is increased.
For your idea fo redemptions, I have beeen thinking on similar lines for a changed hunter/ masquerade violation system in CE.
Something on the lines of making the hunter's appearance randomized, with chances of hunter presence increasing with your total number of violations. And a counter for redemptions you didn't need at the time you get them. And then perhaps a desk on the ground floor of the tower, where you can have free redemptions applied for a small fee, when you need to wipe off a violation.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Umbra
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: The Masquerade Violation System   The Masquerade Violation System - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 2:49 am

I like foxy's idea. Would you be able to implement it with the same type of system used for the cops, Criminal Violations. giving the hunters so long to find you before most of them leave the hub to find other things to hunt, and just leaving the permanent hunters in the hub to keep a look out. With each violation, you could also increase the time, number, or areas (sewers) these extra hunters are spawned in.
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: The Masquerade Violation System   The Masquerade Violation System - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 12:17 pm

I don't like the idea of "a counter for redemptions you didn't need at the time", it's like saving Humanity for another day... "Oh, I just killed this bum, but yesterday I tipped a hooker so I'm fine!" Redemption desk on the other hand adds to the atmosphere of hypocrisy in the camarilla.
I sorta like that you can't get much redemptions early in the game, you're fledgeling, don't know the rules, screw up...
Back to top Go down
Ragnhild
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: The Masquerade Violation System   The Masquerade Violation System - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 4:27 pm

@ Childe of Malkav: You are Making fun of me! *pouts*

Has anybody read one of the Mercy Thompson novels? There is a Werewolve pack who has a witch on retainer to clean up there messes. So it would actually make sense like an "Ablasshandel" just not to secure a place in Haven but on Earth :-)

Ragni
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: The Masquerade Violation System   The Masquerade Violation System - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 8:19 pm

Jad.3 wrote:
I don't like the idea of "a counter for redemptions you didn't need at the time", it's like saving Humanity for another day... "Oh, I just killed this bum, but yesterday I tipped a hooker so I'm fine!" Redemption desk on the other hand adds to the atmosphere of hypocrisy in the camarilla.
What I had in mind is sort of Redemption Desk. Just that you must have earned the chance to get away from a free haircut by previously having done something to prevent the majority of kine to find out about kindred.

Quote :
I sorta like that you can't get much redemptions early in the game, you're fledgeling, don't know the rules, screw up...
Yep, I don't say anything against that.

The main idea of what I had in mind is this:
You get a violation because YOU messed up. That draws attention of hunters to you. And of course it's bad for your standing with the camarilla.
On the other hand, most redemptions are for cleaning up the mess of sombody else. Like a whining ghoul searching for her sugardaddy, a thinblood who can't keep his mouth closed. Whatever.
These actions can better your standing with the Cam, but I don't see how doing something like this will get the hunter's attention off your ass.

So I thought, let the chance of hunters being out for you depend on your total amount of violations, without regard to the possibility of redemptions.
But for your dealings with the vampire society, especially such a hypocritic one as the Camarilla, you should be able to remind them that you have done something to draw mortal attention away from vampires yesterday. So they might more readily overlook your blunder today.
"Ablasshandel", as Ragnhild said. Only you must really have done something to earn the "Ablass", not only pay $$$ for it.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: The Masquerade Violation System   The Masquerade Violation System - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 10:45 am

Good idea, well thought through. You are hereby allowed to implement it.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: The Masquerade Violation System   The Masquerade Violation System - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 4:07 pm

Jad.3 wrote:
Good idea, well thought through. You are hereby allowed to implement it.
Jad, you are so generous Laughing

- geek
Back to top Go down
malak
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
malak

PostSubject: Re: The Masquerade Violation System   The Masquerade Violation System - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 4:27 am

Haven't played too much with this, but this now seems like a once-and-done deal. I remember playing a low humanity Toreador and holding my violations at 4 to make money off the hunters. In the spirit of VtM? No. But this now seems like "I killed my violation 2 hunters, good to go from now on."
With the new humanity game over, needing to herd the hunters to somewhere you can safely fight them becomes a huge concern, and gives low humanity vamps a reason to maintain the masquerade. playing both low becomes an honest challenge.
Granted, if they will respawn ever (if dead, respawn on map-load mayhaps? only the ones from the current violation level maybe?) then the concept of needing to actively hide your nature is maintained. The vibe I am getting for this is you simply pay the price (one hunter/cell) for your violation and walk away.

I do have to say, I love the hunter swarm from hitting 3 violations at once, though.
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: The Masquerade Violation System   The Masquerade Violation System - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 7:09 pm

malak wrote:
Haven't played too much with this, but this now seems like a once-and-done deal. I remember playing a low humanity Toreador and holding my violations at 4 to make money off the hunters. In the spirit of VtM? No. But this now seems like "I killed my violation 2 hunters, good to go from now on."
With the new humanity game over, needing to herd the hunters to somewhere you can safely fight them becomes a huge concern, and gives low humanity vamps a reason to maintain the masquerade. playing both low becomes an honest challenge.
Granted, if they will respawn ever (if dead, respawn on map-load mayhaps? only the ones from the current violation level maybe?) then the concept of needing to actively hide your nature is maintained. The vibe I am getting for this is you simply pay the price (one hunter/cell) for your violation and walk away.

I do have to say, I love the hunter swarm from hitting 3 violations at once, though.

They don't respawn, only if you get a masquerade redemption and break it again.
Killing Hunters don't reduce your Humanity, as far I tested. I tried killing them in front of people, in front of the police firing me, and both previous with Samedi's Compress - I lost humanity for killing the cops and the civilians caught in it, thought. But no humanity loss on killing hunters!!!

Edit: And fed from behind, until I suck tier 1 dry. No losses.
Back to top Go down
malak
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
malak

PostSubject: Re: The Masquerade Violation System   The Masquerade Violation System - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 5:40 am

If the hunter is not yet in "combat mode" then killing them does result in a humanity loss, at least in my experience, haven't tried since 1.2. Granted, getting to them without them entering combat takes work, but it is doable.
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: The Masquerade Violation System   The Masquerade Violation System - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 6:23 am

Doesn't. High stealth and coming from behind allows for stealth kills, and Obfuscate is a nice tool of the trade.
So, I played some TFNnow, and I'm sure killing hunters won't decrease your humanity.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: The Masquerade Violation System   The Masquerade Violation System - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 2:26 pm

Stealth killing unsuspecting hunters won't give you a humanity loss. I tested this awhile back, unless something has changed on its own.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
malak
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
malak

PostSubject: Re: The Masquerade Violation System   The Masquerade Violation System - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 4:03 pm

Hmm.Maybe something else was going on. This was back when I first got here, so a failed install is a possibility.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: The Masquerade Violation System   The Masquerade Violation System - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 5:39 pm

malak wrote:
Hmm.Maybe something else was going on. This was back when I first got here, so a failed install is a possibility.
Or you killed the wrong guy. scratch
Back to top Go down
malak
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
malak

PostSubject: Re: The Masquerade Violation System   The Masquerade Violation System - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 7:15 pm

True. I just remember filing that away in my "be careful doing this" list. At the time I was just playing through TFN the first time, filled with wonder at all the new shinies and probably jumped to a conclusion.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: The Masquerade Violation System   The Masquerade Violation System - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 7:38 pm

malak wrote:
True. I just remember filing that away in my "be careful doing this" list. At the time I was just playing through TFN the first time, filled with wonder at all the new shinies and probably jumped to a conclusion.

Ahhh, the days of playing a new version of Bloodlines, how I love thee. Well, I'll keep trying to create new content so the newness never wears off, lol.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Masquerade Violation System   The Masquerade Violation System - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Masquerade Violation System
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2