Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bordeaux's WoD

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Bordeaux's WoD Empty
PostSubject: Bordeaux's WoD   Bordeaux's WoD EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 1:51 pm

Alright, now that all NPC are settled, here is where you're going to play :

Clic Me, I'm a wiki-link !
Don't worry, you do not need to know this stuff, I'll sum it up for you guys Wink

Bordeaux's WoD Bordeaux_quartiers

Bordeaux has 11 neibourhoods, but we will hand out mostly in 5 of them (on the map, they are 1, 2, 3, 4 and Grand Parc). Everything else is peripheria, very residential, and non historical. For instance, Le Lac is basicly a huge mall with an industrial parc (you know, big highways, enormous IKEA shop, more grocery mega stores that you can imagine.. and only accessible by car !)
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Bordeaux's WoD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bordeaux's WoD   Bordeaux's WoD EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 4:32 pm

Bordeaux's Opera is called The Grand Theater. It's huge and there are plays all the time, so the name fits right, right ?
The place just in front of the entrance is called La Place de la Comédie (which still quite fits, right ?).

Grand Théâtre de Bordeaux, is a Theatre in Bordeaux, France, first inaugurated on 17 April 1780.
The Theatre was designed by the architect Victor Louis (1731-1800), who was selected for the task by winning the famous Grand Prix de Rome. Louis was also famous for designing the galleries surrounding the gardens of the Palais Royal, and the Théâtre Français in Paris.
The Grand Théâtre de Bordeaux was conceived as a temple of the Arts and Light, with a neo-classical facade endowed with a portico of 12 Corinthian style colossal columns which support an entablature on which stand 12 statues that represent the nine muses and three goddesses (Juno, Venus, and Minerva).
In 1871 the theatre was briefly the National Assembly for the French Parliament.
The inside of the theatre was restored in 1991, and once again has its original colours of blue and gold. The Grand Théâtre de Bordeaux is one of the oldest wooden frame opera house in Europe not to have burnt or required rebuilding.

Today the theatre is home to the Opéra National de Bordeaux, as well as the Ballet National de Bordeaux.

(thanks, English wiki !)

As you guessed it, this is a pure Toreador creation for Toreador needs, deeds, influences and interests.
Gosuin kept it as the main Elyseum because of the Revolutionnary symbol it held, but also as a political strategy to keep non political affiliated Toreadors as allies (or at least, not enemies).
Every 18th building in downtown Bordeaux is being taken care of with real means and ressources since the 1990's. It's mostly the Toreador Primogen's initiative.

The Elyseum is opened when needed for extraordinary meetings, but for moundain questions and when to be social, it's once per week (on Sundays).

The Theatre itself is most of the time closed, the place serving as Elyseum is the Deambulatoire only (it's huge enough !).

Bordeaux's WoD Operaplacedelacomediebo

Bordeaux's WoD Vueaeriennebordeaux1395

Bordeaux's WoD 1bis

Bordeaux's WoD Bordeaux11848grandtheatBordeaux's WoD Bordeaux11849grandtheat

Don't mind the guys talking, just think for your eyes. The Kindred Elyseum is what you guys see at 2:27.

Here's a picture :
Bordeaux's WoD Grandtheatreinterieur

For Sunday nights, ghouls and servants prepare the Déambulatoire with tall round tables and seats.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Bordeaux's WoD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bordeaux's WoD   Bordeaux's WoD EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 1:08 pm

About the Regent Grand Hotel, the Hotel as a website, and IN ENGLISH !

Clic me !

The room the Tremere use for receptions and for meetings, is Le Foyer, one of the receptions rooms of the Hotel (which is sometimes booked for wedding lunches).

Because it's a hotel, Kindred and kine enter and leave as they wish at anytime, except for Le Foyer when it's Kindred used, the staff of the hotel doesn't let enter mortals. Probably a ritual.

Last edited by Claudia on Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Bordeaux's WoD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bordeaux's WoD   Bordeaux's WoD EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 12:08 pm

I've made you guys a map !

Alright, it's huge, so Clic me !

I've marked some places of interest :

Saint Catherine street is the huge commercial, pedestrian street. The closer to the Grand Theatre, the more expensive and "elitist" it gets (huge french brands, Lacoste, Levis, Celio, Converse, Lafayette galleries..). The closer to the Victoire plaza, the cheaper it gets (market-clothing, second hand video games, underground kind of clothing, hippy clothing).
Clic me to have a look

The Victoire plaza is right in front of El Bodegon. That is where the Medecine university is (on the east side of the plaza), but there are no campuses. There's also a huge Mc.Donalds. La Victoire is where you say to your university friends "after school let's meet and hang out". Universities are all south from there, up to the suburbs' campuses, so when they come to hang out Downtown, they get down the bus and tramway in Victoire. It's also where strikes begin.
This picture has been taken from El Bodegon (so, facing north).

For high school students, it'll be on Saint André Cathedral (the plaza is called Pey-Berland), as it's closer to their schools, but also there are benches and many can skate on that plaza. It's also where people switch tram-way lines, and where tourist hangs out to see the Catheral.
Clic me, I'm the PeyBerland plaza !

It can be also Gambetta, where you can shop soem books at Virgin, sit on the little park, take buses that go all West and North Bordeaux, and eat a (quite cheap) kebab

Between Gambetta and la Place de la Bourse, it's also a shopping street, like Sainte Catherine, but maybe for older people (Hermes, Façonnable..).
Place de la Bourse is part of the docks, that had huge work done on, so people can walk around them, to some skating, bike, and have fun.
This is place de la bourse, facing south (to the left there's the river)

here are the new docks

Saint Eloi church, with the Big Bell, is what was the old Tremere Chantry until the end of the second World War. Lyle Kersten's first action was to move the Chantry into the Regent Grand Hotel. It's rumored to have neo nazi, hard core Catholic reunions in it's caves, and the Catholic Church do not use this church for offices.
Here's a picture of Saint eloi with the Big Bell

Last edited by Claudia on Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:13 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Bordeaux's WoD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bordeaux's WoD   Bordeaux's WoD EmptyThu May 19, 2011 7:20 am

Oh I sound soooo wrong !
So, I was on my way to get beauty products when I saw it was like 20°C outside. So I took my video camera out with me ! I started north and walked on to the south, either filming or taking pictures.

Quinconces :

The Regent Grand Hotel and the Grand Theatre

Pey-Berland and the Cathedral

Here are also some of the pictures I took, with the places and angle I took them from :

The map of the pictures, clic me !

Picture 1:

Picture 2:

Picture 3 (the arch you see all the way down the street is the arch from Victoire plaza):

Picture 4:

Picture 5:

Picture 6 (the arch in the end is the one that leads to Gambetta Plaza):

Picture 7 (the end of the street is Place de la Bourse):

Picture 8:

Picture 9:

Picture 10:

Some more pictures, of google street view Wink

Last edited by Claudia on Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Bordeaux's WoD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bordeaux's WoD   Bordeaux's WoD EmptySat May 21, 2011 10:41 am

Once you've lived in France for a couple of weeks straight, there is one word you learn, curse and adore : La grève
Bordeaux being a little more conservative, smaller and richer than other French big cities, it has less local strikes. But when there is a national movement, Bordeaux is about third in people showing their disapproval (after Paris and Marseille).

But they happen, not only in front of the companies (Ford, for instance, but not only), but also against the government's policies (both local and national), to support hostages, to show solidarity with other cities (magistrates, for instance)...

Keeping people outside of the city hall (or inside !)
Bordeaux's WoD _wsb_500x374_Mars+2008+manif$27+devant+la+mairie+de+Bordeaux

Blocking the Tramway on the docks
Bordeaux's WoD DSCN4676

Highschool students in action
Bordeaux's WoD M-ps_cpe

There is a common joke in Bordeaux about the Classics, Linguistics, Arts and History university (which is known as "Bordeaux 3" or "University Michel de Montaigne"), since it's always the one going for the most strikes, the most marches, as they are the most insecure about their future (having a Master degree in History doesn't offer as much opportunities as in Laws, don't they). So, if the university has to shut down because of students and professors on strike, it will be. Blocus will happen. And exams will be rescheduled. The idea is that most students have about 15-20 hours of class per week, and with about 6 months of true courses (October-April), so it gives them much time to think about the future, about how hard it is to get a job, about life. So Bordeaux 3 students are ALWAYS leading any march possible against about everything they can, they are mostly left wing (if not anarchists or communists), and they outnumber all other universities. Except maybe, the "pro-life" few marches that happen every now and then.

Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Bordeaux's WoD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bordeaux's WoD   Bordeaux's WoD EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 12:29 pm

I have uploaded some more pictures like the ones I posted on the Map thingy earlier, so here's the picasaweb link !
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Bordeaux's WoD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bordeaux's WoD   Bordeaux's WoD EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 6:30 pm

Yay, more stuff !
Heritage Day (Patrimony days) open a bunch of places for us curious little people to go in and film and takes pictures of everything Very Happy

So.. Here are randomly put together everything I took. I mostly filmed so you guys could have a good understanding of the distances and stuff Wink

Random pictures I took from Grand Theatre, following the tram lines, to go to the Cathedral Saint André.

Other randomness pictures ^^

Notre-Dame de Bordeaux :
(behind the regent Grand Hotel)
Bordeaux's WoD Data=wgIsIL58sZmVZw2wHnMNlqlLV3Jq2G15Fxz2KCWcEn9t-3D2rahIzbao1m9qa3Nvfo2BmdVCqXveahqvx-yP_y9VyibFzq0eiA

Pictures !

Grand Théâtre
Bordeaux's WoD Data=Vr6kTqaZA1dmW1OWlr8OWTu_6r18BivCPP0TXrig0jQg39kpCN7Eogw1YYEK3CNsBZm_ekzAj4_OO01GxHJ83vKiw_E29kVmEA
I filmed the Deambulatoire >_>

And one little more for the lulz and culture;)

Pictures !

Saint André Cathedral
Bordeaux's WoD Data=QAFOhGz8ZQGaXSW72z0iATvtfW8qyUHK81_4dxNznUoSk2xcetWLsczqX2NG07vL6AlDa4fHX1K1RXU3qJOxRFAOwyk95Ol0dA

Pictures >_>

Saint Pierre Church
Bordeaux's WoD Data=mupbfV7MN_zbBu6QSJ2lFiDjvKAj6C9k1DbPyrw8Yw80OIjXbAlYuswnMSglwbyO-qQBt0wFarT8e-ABhaWcWDlBucHRiroYIyISQB0v3xpNb3HY6RbNHsF-Jh5lYzpNpFjCrz07eUphBqLeyQpfdB3BDOx6vSp7-foT8VLWGn6xvLIIE1hNBH5zs-yJgNWPysk4lt4hsK8ySFq2uEAO8r-wXC83JR85bwzcSvlbDc4vXgea

Pictures \o/

Other random places (mostly walks !)

I'll edit with moaaaar, because Long uploads are long Smile
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Bordeaux's WoD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bordeaux's WoD   Bordeaux's WoD EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 6:05 pm

Okay, this is one link of all albums, I tagged most of them as much as I could <_<

My albums Very Happy

Here are also the Youtube Channel I created. Don't mind my favs, it's pure randomness.

Don't hesitate to share and show around, nor to comment ! Smile
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Bordeaux's WoD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bordeaux's WoD   Bordeaux's WoD EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 5:34 pm

New map ! Very Happy

Last edited by Claudia on Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:43 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bloodywolf
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Bloodywolf

Bordeaux's WoD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bordeaux's WoD   Bordeaux's WoD EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 6:12 pm

That's a link btw, somehow she managed to make a link look like normal text unless you hover above it with your mouse.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Bordeaux's WoD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bordeaux's WoD   Bordeaux's WoD EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 6:16 pm

I underlined it now Smile

No links are underlined in this forum with the url tags Smile I should edit everything and add all u, /u thingies Smile
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

Bordeaux's WoD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bordeaux's WoD   Bordeaux's WoD EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 7:08 pm

I just know to check for a link when Claudia posts something new.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Bordeaux's WoD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bordeaux's WoD   Bordeaux's WoD EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 12:23 pm

Bordeaux's WoD 9e2m

Better ? Smile

(drag and drop it on a new tab to open it super full size)

Last edited by Claudia on Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bloodywolf
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Bloodywolf

Bordeaux's WoD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bordeaux's WoD   Bordeaux's WoD EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 5:16 pm

Iz gud
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

Bordeaux's WoD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bordeaux's WoD   Bordeaux's WoD EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 6:04 pm

Future maps will, of course, list Duncan's first haven in Bordeaux as a historical landmark.  Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bordeaux's WoD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bordeaux's WoD   Bordeaux's WoD Empty

Back to top Go down

Bordeaux's WoD
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: Roleplaying Vampire: The Masquerade :: Rules and OoC :: Background-
Jump to: