Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Le Grand Théâtre

Go down 
+13
Bloodywolf
Karavolos
ThePhilosopher
Kogamitsu
Nachtrae
Nicholas Masterson
Raekel
Sio
8people
Duncan.Oliver
z.o.o.
Eliza
simison
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 24 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Le Grand Théâtre - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 14 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 12:41 pm

The Prince and the Toreador Primogen exchange a very meaningful look when Estela presents herself. Laure takes a step towards the Prince and leans to whisper him a few words, just after Estela mentioned her clan, and while she asks for the Hospitality Tradition. Gosuin slowly finger-frowns once he gets the Elyseum Keeper's information, as if he had got a headache, in the lines of "oh Lord I need vacations". Laure passes behind the Prince while he addresses Estela, to be able to reach her Primogen and whisper him information -certainly the same information-, who has given her a look full of questions. A careful look to Gregory shows he got dulled and he lets out a despair sigh.
While Gosuin speaks to this new Kindred, he retakes his composure and puts both his hands on the desk as he stands up once more, to have his body language a bit more welcoming. He smiles with a certain compassion and observes closely Estela. His tone of voice is in between friendly and respectful, yet there is a polite distance.

(Prince Gosuin) I was aware of your Sire's existence and mission, to which I thank him, and I thank you. Consider yourself welcome to Bordeaux, Miss Aguilar... However, this "however" is a bit more commanding than the rest of the words he had spoken all night long, Lineage is nothing one can do about ; it is sometimes a source of pride or shame, as the color of our skin and our nationality. I advise you to begin accepting it as part of who you are now and to work with it, once you are settled with this new existence. Madame Nolveaux will help you out fill in the blanks concerning our existence, as well as the Sheriff. You can go.

Gosuin's tone doesn't sound very convinced that the Sheriff will help out Estela, but he does seem certain Laure will.
While Laure approaches back Estela, Gregory Darvault offers the young Kindred a warm smile. His own compassion towards her situation somewhat seems more deep and genuine than Gosuin's, probably out of being more sensitive to the subject of being turned into a vampire, certainly against one's will, plus Toreador being more in touch with mortality. Gregory is certainly more expressive than Gosuin, even if he stayed silent the whole time.
Laure seems to wait for Estela to be ready before walking her out. She'll walk her to an empty table so they can sit and talk.
Victor de Sainte-Croix, who is leaning against the wall adjacent to the opened doors of Gosuin's room, gives her a very wide, amused smile full of playfulness to Estela when she turns to leave. He stays silent as well.

Etiquette 2, Intelligence 3:

Celine, having saw Raekel's blood being drained in a quite violent way, was already going to approach her with blood, but she had to stop by the reserve first. She nods at Duncan's gesture, as she understood the request, and once her tray full once more, she walks back to Raekel and Miriel. She offers to Duncan as she crosses path with him, who is walking away from the two Toreador, and once he either accepted, refused or walked away from her, the Senechal approaches Raekel and Miriel to offer them access to her tray.

Scoop opens his small backpack and draws a netbook he lends to the Sheriff, certainly by Doctor's unspoken order. The Sheriff takes it and walks away, to turn on the small computer and read the USB key with it. He walks to the balconies and uses the guardrail as a desk. Theodore shrugs to leave the Sheriff do his own job. The Brujah Primogen takes this time as being a good moment to take the Gangrel Primogen slightly away, speak him a few words, makes a gesture to Kersten, Andrew and walking Elisabeth. Henri gives a very suspicious and surprised look to the Tremere and then to Theodore, then follows him to Gosuin's Room, after Estela and Laure have walked out. Laure gives them both a friendly wave when she crosses them, too.
Scoop takes a seat so be able to see the Prince's room, and takes from his backpack an old booklet and begins taking notes.
The Prince greets Theodore and Henri with a polite smile. Victor leaves his wall to walk in the Prince's room and stand on the background, behind Gosuin. The Malkavian Primogen exchange a few looks with Gregory, who smiles back at the young man.
Doctor leaves the Elyseum with a hasten walk. One can see him take a phone out of his pocket and call someone. His voice will not be heard though, certainly because as whoever he calls doesn't answer him in the few seconds it takes the Nosferatu to walk out of the Elyseum.
Adriano walks in the Deambulatoire once more and approaches lonely Suzanne, who seems to accept to converse with him with a certain mistrust. Alicia stays on the balconies.

Lyle plays a little with the glass filled with Raekel's vitae, making it turn, observing it to the light, as one could do with a fine wine. He gives a brief look to Elisabeth as she approaches but doesn't mind her more than that, as he drives back his attention to the vitae. He also gives other looks as other Kindred move around the rooms. Lyle doesn't seem very concentrated with his test, so maybe he lied about him not having done so for awhile.
Andrew gives a warm but very tired smirk to Elisabeth as she approaches him. He moves the chair next to him to invite her to sit. He responds to her in a foreign language, certainly English. His voice is slightly broken down by fatigue.

Linguistics - English:

Lyle gives back his two Apprentices another look while he uses a paper tissue to clean up the letter-opener and sets both objects on the table. He puts the tip of his index finger in the glass and tastes the blood. He smiles widely to his own test, then catches the first servant passing by, gives him the glass. An audible "Dispose of this, would you ?" can be heard, as the servant, surprised by the request, obeys and disappears to where Celine walks in and out to get rid of used glasses and comes back with full ones. Once such an order given, Kersten stands up, takes back the paper knife in his right hand, his computer bag's strap on a shoulder, puts the disposable napkin in his pocket, and addresses the two Apprentices with a certain commanding voice, despite being half-serious, and as friendly as he can.
(Lyle) Very well ! Let's go present you both so we can all do something productive with our time, like assigning your rooms and discussing Tremere plots, shall we ?

He invites the two apprentices to follow him as he walks towards Gosuin's room. The Prince observes him do so with much apprehension, anticipating the Tremere Primogen to lie and cheat. Theodore looks excited, he smiles to Lyle as expecting, too, the most obnoxious story to be told by the Tremere.
Andrew stands up and seems ready to follow, although he still looks tired. He waits on Elisabeth so he can walk close to her, behind Lyle.

Claudia walks in Elyseum once more, right after Doctor has left -they probably crossed paths in the stairs-, and her footsteps were fast, as if she had been running. She has not changed clothing, she still wears this very 50's marine dress, but she doesn't wear neither the big blue silken scarf nor the red ribbon in her hair anymore. She even stops for a few seconds once in the Deambulatoire, to take the time to calm down a little and to behave. She scans the room, to see who is where, but she doesn't move yet.
Laure noticed Claudia and smiled at her, even though she's not sure the Tremere has seen her do so.

Auspex 2:

Perception + Alertness/Empathy over 5:

Intelligence + Etiquette over 5:
Back to top Go down
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Sio

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 14 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 1:16 pm

As Duncan grits his teeth, Miri stands elbow in hand, head tilted, fingers of the opposing hand touched to her temple. She appears braced for whatever comes next. She doesn't speak a word the whole while, as he grows angry, then collected, then resolute to find space to cool off. She offers him a small sort of understanding smile as he looks to her and then leaves. Even when he is gone, her posture remains tilted. She looks like she may be nursing an oncoming headache.
Auspex 2:

As Rae begins to speak, Miri looks to her and smiles politely, lifting her head from its tilt on fingers to rest thoughtfully on her palm. Her smile softens sympathetically as Rae's gaze lowers.
Auspex 2:

She lets a quiet moment pass, to allow Raekel's thoughts to mingle. She takes a breath and begins speaking frankly, in a hushed tone,
Rae, Auspex 1 hearing:

She places her hands onto her hips, shrugging whatever worries there are off for Rae, It's nothing to worry about, he'll be back when he's vented. He just seems to be the type that appreciates some... she shakes her head, searching for the word, Courtesy of orderliness? It's not a personal thing. She smirks, reasoning, His orders were momentarily derailed, that's all. He'll have another chance to meet... she's almost forgotten already, Elisabeth? Yeah. She nods.

Celine approaches and Miri smiles at her arrival directly, she gladly accepts a glass from the tray and nods a thank you to her.

Etiquette 3, Subterfuge 3:

Miri holds her glass and thinks to herself, grinning for a long second, God, I fucking love the Brujah, she covers her grin with the glass before she finds herself chuckling hard, though she's not joking.

There was nothing, in actuality, 'wrong.' Your timing was just not the best, but it's nothing that's a fault. He was also not simply angry for the sake of being angry. He honors his manners like any ethical code, and something threw what he pays his respect to off kilter for a bit. No biggie.

When she is done speaking on the matter, Miri makes an unconscious glance at the Prince's room as Lyle and his apprentices enter. She scrunches her nose briefly in thoughtfulness, before turning to Rae again.
This is completely off subject, but either Mr. Kersten is indeed the sweetest, most innocent man I have ever seen but have still gotten the creeps from, or there's something all... 'wizardy'... going on. As dead serious as Miri's expression asserts she is, she could not think of a better word at the moment to describe Lyle's specific kind of suspiciousness, and so its ridiculousness must suffice for the moment.
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/Sio
Kogamitsu
Fledgling
Fledgling
Kogamitsu

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 14 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 1:25 pm

Elisabeth smiles timidly at Andrew.

Linguistics - English::

As Lyle gives his orders, Elisabeth responses with a nod. She follows him to Gosuin's room, sticking closer to Andrew than Lyle. She cracks her knuckles, nervously, under the studying looks of the Kindred inside, then places them behind her back and widens her stance again, to appear as gallant as she could fake it. Naturally, nothing really hides her nervousness from anyone.

She comes close to saying something to Andrew, but she remains silent instead and begins searching for the imaginary pences on the floor.
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 14 EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 4:39 am

When Celine crosses Duncan's path and offers him a glass of blood, he tries not to scowl as he refuses, briefly but politely. The best he can manage is a neutral expression; but at least he doesn't scare her. Celine continues on to Raekel and Miri.

Duncan watches as the group of primogen and elders breaks up, each going their separate ways. Duncan observes the Nosferatu Primogen leaving Elysium, and his frown returns for a moment; but he merely shakes his head. However, he looks at Scoop, and the Nosferatu's vantage point on the Prince's room, and walks toward that table. He stops a few feet away from Scoop, and asks a question.

Excuse me, do you mind if I join you?

As he speaks, Duncan gestures toward another chair at the table. It doesn't block Scoop's view, and also allows a view of the Prince's audience room, as well as a good portion of the Deambulatoire.
Back to top Go down
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Nachtrae

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 14 EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 11:28 am

As the Prince begins to speak to her, Estela rises her head a little to look at him before she catches herself and lowers her gaze once more. At the commanding ‘however’, she winces visibly and doubt as well as some fierceness crosses her features when the Prince continues about her having to accept what she was. It’s obvious she has high doubts about actually being able to accept her lineage and would rather fight it every inch of the way. Then she suddenly frowns, realizing that the Prince knew something she didn’t want him to, but since he kept it silent the young vampire had no wish to begin about it. “Thank you sir. For…everything,” She said after being dismissed, relief settling in her voice, glad she managed to survive that ordeal. Catching the smile of a guy with glasses, she smiles back while following after Laure. Another smile is send to the person near the door, a bit of surprise beginning to show in her features. Estela hadn’t expected such seeming openness, but it was a pleasant surprise for her. Eyes linger a little on the wild haired, kitty pin wearing man as he passes with two others following behind him.

Plopping down on a chair in a fairly unrefined manner, Estela lets out a heavy and relieved sigh, a hand running through her short hair.
“Worse than holding a presentation in front of your entire class, I’ll tell you that.” She grinned widely. “Thanks for dragging me through that.” Noticing the distraction from Laure, she’s smiling at someone, Estela turned her head in the direction the Elyseum Keeper is looking at in a reflex, then turns back after a fleeting glance. It takes a second before a frown creases her forehead and she turns her head again to the woman who’d just entered and is beginning to look….spooked? It doesn’t take great skill to notice that Estela is intently observing the woman as she doesn’t even try to be discreet about it. One could practically see the gears turning in her head. Then. “Madre de Dios!!” The young vampire exclaims loudly in Spanish as she jumps up from her seat, eyes wide and mouth agape in sheer surprise. “Claudia?! Wha…How?” She looks back and forth between Laure and Claudia, surprise, curiosity and bewilderment all evident on her expression. She’d not even begun to consider the possibility of meeting someone familiar but there it is, standing in the very same room as Estela……and surrounded by vampires. Doubt began to make itself know, followed by suspicion.
linguistics 2 or linguistics – Spanish:
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 14 EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 2:59 pm

Scoop barely lifts his head when Duncan addresses him, he does stop his note-taking out of politeness, he nods and smiles under the semi-descent skin, showing a few rotten teeth. He lets hear a raucous, half-playful voice, and joins in the gesture to confirm the "invitation".
Not one bit, we're all kinda free to do as we like in here. What's your opinion on that ?
The Nosferatu uses his pencil to gesture towards Gosuin's room, with a round movement as "a whole". It's possible he means what happened with Estela, but it's more likely he's talking about the global apprehension feeling towards the Tremere Primogen going to explain new apprentices, which, to the look of it, didn't seem planned or agreed with the Council nor the Prince.
Even if his acceptance of Duncan's presence is certainly sincere, Scoop's voice and his body language betrays a certain uneasiness. He's tense, and he has been so episodically all night, so it's not truly new.
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 14 EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 7:15 pm

Duncan nods at Scoop's answer, and seats himself at the table. He looks in the direction Scoop is pointing, and takes in the sight of Lyle Kersten and his two apprentices as they enter Prince Gosuin's audience chamber, and take their places. The Prince and a few of the Primogen watch the Tremere as they enter, their expressions ranging between anticipation and doubt. It's obvious that they are all awaiting a spectacle, rather than the relatively boring presentations that have happened so far this evening. Whether or not Lyle is looking forward to this is hard to tell from the look on his face.

Duncan, whose expression is still far from cheerful (although it's not directed at the Nosferatu), shrugs his shoulders and looks back at Scoop.

Don't see what the big deal is. Kersten's presenting two new Tremere, and it looks like everyone is about to demand an explanation. But there have already been three Toreador presented this evening, and I didn't see anyone press M. Darvault for details. Four Toreador, if you believe the last young lady... which the Prince obviously didn't.

It's obvious that Duncan's earlier outburst didn't totally distract him from what was happening around Elysium. He takes in Scoop's obvious apprehension, and makes a comment:

You seem a bit on edge... I doubt it's anything to be worried about. The Regent seems smooth enough to give a plausible story, which the others will accept, even if they don't really believe it. Or is it me that's the cause of your concern? If so, don't worry -- I have nothing against the Nosferatu. You guys just wear the Beast on the outside, instead of on the inside like the rest of us.

My name's Duncan, by the way. Duncan Oliver. Which you probably already knew, since you were here when I was presented. I met Igor earlier, and I assume the well-dressed gentleman who just left is the Doctor, whom I've heard mentioned. I was hoping to meet him too; I hope he's coming back. Anyway, you're still here for me to meet. What's your name?
Back to top Go down
Raekel
Neonate
Neonate
Raekel

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 14 EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 11:54 pm

"That jackrabbit? She seems like she'd be hard to nail down long enough to talk to, though. I glanced away for only a moment and she was gone." After leaning in to listen better to the whispered tone, her mood seems to be lighten a little, and as Celine approaches, a grin forms. "I'll take another round, little mouse." She speaks with a slight joviality, gaining back that momentarily lost sense of humor. She swirls this flute of vitae as she has the last, well, two she's had, and this time, finally, appears to get the opportunity to enjoy it, taking a slow sip of the thick crimson liquid. "You're not one of us, but you're here anyhow. Do they treat you well? I spent some time something like you for a while, and I'll just say, it wasn't exactly pleasant." Her face takes on an almost sad look as she says it, her brows furrowing and you can almost see the emotions, for what it's worth, washing back over her just at the mention.

As Miriel begins to explain that there was nothing actually wrong except for her timing, she bears a small smile, breaking the reverie.
"Oh, I know. Just hits a little hard when you're trying to get to know people. Trying not to step on toes, what not and such." Sober, lucid, that's how you could describe her tone, and in a sense, she's wearing her heart on her sleeve, at the moment. With the entrance of the two apprentices with the master apparent M. Kersten, and Miriel's observation there in, she replies, "A little puffed up and pomp to him, and I sincerely doubt we've seen the truth of anything at all tonight. Except maybe Duncan's outrage, but I suppose he comes by it honestly. I did kind of break up the party."

As she speaks, Claudia makes her entrance, but something doesn't seem quite the same. Raekel casts her eyes in that direction, taking note in the minor changes of apparel, something makes her think it not quite by choice."Miri, didn't we see her outside? Something seems just a bit off." She pauses in thought as she mentions something strange about all this. She can't quite put her finger on it. "Do you think we should go speak with her, or have I done enough damage tonight?" She smirks as she tries to make light of the situation, but it's obvious that it still bothers her, just a touch. Somewhere in the midst of her speaking, Estela exclaimed 'Madre de Dios.' It wasn't commonly heard before she came across the waters, but she'd heard it. She also knew it wasn't good, in the times she had heard it. Her eyes pass from Miri to Claudia again, and then to Estela, then a return course back through the two.

Back to top Go down
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Sio

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 3:05 pm

Miri cringes, Well, to be honest, I'd run, too. I can only wonder how it must have seemed to be suddenly approached by three strange Kindred, one of whom was blathering like a mad woman a moment ago, she tilts her head this way and that, suddenly self-aware.

She listens as conversation shifts from making impressions, to half-truths, and to ruined first impressions again. Miri's face contorts into a fuck-it-all sort of expression as she waves it all off,
Peh, Mr. Duncan will be back, he's a good man. As to whether or not we're seeing truths this evening, I can be thankful the facade in place is pleasant- After all, M. Kersten is sporting the latest of convenience store-bought hair fashions, and I must say, he looks quite good, Miri mimes pawing at Raekel and mouths a meow with a wink before sipping from her glass.

When Raekel speaks to Celine, Miri simply smiles. She has nothing to add to that particular conversation, she instead sips from her glass, looking between the two.

Miri pauses from her drink as she also notes Claudia's return. She says simply,
Yes, perhaps we should greet her. It couldn't hurt- But then again, who's to say what does and doesn't hurt these nights?

The last of her remark was alluding to events earlier in the evening; her voice is flat and rather serious for what she's saying.

Miri leaves her still very full glass on a table top and approaches Claudia, leaving Raekel to decide whether to follow.

When she reaches Claudia, she greets her warmly,
Ah, Ms. Vonigner, welcome back. Her eyes smile, but then search over her before she asks, Are you well? in a sincere and concerned tone.
Back to top Go down
Raekel
Neonate
Neonate
Raekel

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 14 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 9:08 am

"This is true, everyone has their point of frustration, just seems he met his tonight. Chances are, it probably wasn't even me, really, just me being the last straw." A light smirk plays across Raekel's face as she speaks of Kersten's height of fashion. "Suppose now he can have his familiar closer to that wonderful brain of his." She waggles her brows as an almost comical farce of feigning interest as Miri mimics pawing at her, she appearing thoroughly amused.

"I like pleasure mixed with pain.." She pauses, looking deadpan at Miri for a moment before saying rather flatly, "And music is my Aeroplane. Sorry, I had to. It's just something that ran through my head." She shakes her head as she speaks the whole last sentence, a grin also still splayed on her face. As Miri agrees to going, she follows along, sipping the blood as she goes then eventually leaving the empty glass on a table along the way. She finally bites her lip as she arrives, allowing Miri to lead this dance.

Holding her hands behind her back, Raekel listens as the conversation continues, standing just off to the side so that her eyes can easily travel from one to the next as they speak, not altogether appearing as friendly as Mlle. de Boucher. She knows of Claudia, remembering her from outside, but could not exactly say she knows Mlle. Vonigner, waiting for a better moment, where the openings will be cleaner.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 8:00 am

Scoop takes a few more notes. His body language shows he's attentive to the whole surroundings rather than just Duncan. He responds with a certain carefree attitude, coughing in his sleeve in the middle to clear up his voice.

(Scoop) They're not asking Primogen Darvault for explanations because I bet my last shirt that he has none to give. Toreador are free to move wherever they want, and they don't have some higher ranks they have to report to... Tremere movements are far more dangerous than some Toreador coming to see the "beauty of the city" or the Elyseum Keeper using an Embrace Permission (well deserved if you ask me).

The Nosferatu seems to be more relaxed a few moments when Duncan notices he's on the edge.
(Scoop)Neh it's nothing to do with you, it's more of a "Nosferatu Secret" ! Jokes apart, I can't put my finger on it, its probably nothing. See, I'm not a huge fan of the Warlocks -I'm no hater, 'cause I have no real reason to be- but Primogen Kersten being "smooth" is an understatement. Too bad he's not into public relations and he never leaves his Hotel, this court lacks some happy Kindred. Oh, you got it right, Doctor just left, he's not coming back, said he had something to work on and could care less about Tremere politics.
Everybody calls me Scoop, I'm kind of the Nosferatu version of the harpies, 'xcept my gossips are way more interesting than saying the Sheriff's socks don't match his shirt, if you get what I mean !

Duncan, Auspex 1 if watching Scoop's notes:

Celine lets Raekel take the blood she wants, although for her, it seems it's a bit strange to be talked to. She responds politely with a simple phrase, being "my Domitor treats me right." and goes on her way to retrieve used glasses and leftovers, as usual. The ghoul doesn't hide a certain malaise to have been addressed in such an idle way and she almost acted like she wanted to avoid it, after all, her work is to be unnoticed and, for Elyseum nights, that nobody's missing anything. She acted polite about it, though, and took back her duties without waiting.

Laure Nolveaux's surprise is about as strong as Estela when she shouts in, she stands up and approaches Estela to make her sit down again, with a certain kindness. Her way of speaking about her fellow coterie member shows a certain friendship she has with the Tremere.

(Laure) You know Claudia ?.. Calm down, yes, she's a good friend of mine. Oh, you knew her when you were alive ?.. You're not one of her donors, are you ?
To that last idea, she sounds in between worried and suspicious.

Claudia hears her name and identifies the source, with a huge question mark on her face. She looks at both Estela and Laure and the question mark vanishes in favor of pure shock and her body languages shows it for a few seconds, with her hands moving to her chest and taking a step. Seeing Miri and Raekel approaching, she hides instantly her shock and behavior. She smiles warmly back at Miri while she puts her hair behind her ears and her shoulders, revealing that art nouveau necklace she wore earlier, and offers a curious glance towards Raekel. She seems thoughtful as she speaks, like if trying to remember something, but that doesn't keep her voice from being light and joyful.
(Claudia) As well as a corpse, yes, Miss De Boucher ! I appreciate your concern, but it was nothing to worry about... After all, I am a Tremere, that includes me being strong enough to handle the weirdest facets of our existence.

Last edited by Claudia on Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 14 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 12:55 am

Duncan listens to Scoop, as the Nosferatu explains the politics of the matter. He glances at Scoop’s notebook briefly, but doesn’t try to decipher anything from the page… it would be as useless as trying to decipher the doctor’s prescription before handing it to the pharmacist. When Scoop is done talking, however, Duncan shakes his head.

Still sounds a bit dramatic. And I doubt those two are part of any Tremere plot, unless you call sending the greenest recruits to Bordeaux a ‘plot’. Duncan shakes his head once more, and mutters, half to himself: Do the elders here see me as being that naïve, I wonder?

Glad to meet you, Scoop. It’s good that I’m not the source of your discomfort. Too bad I missed Doctor, though. I was trying to meet all of the primogen, so nobody would take it as a snub if I didn’t say hello. You guys don’t seem too worried about the etiquette stuff, though. Tell your boss I tried, anyway.

Like Scoop, Duncan continues to eye the room as he talks. He raises an eyebrow as he takes in Claudia's surprised response to Estela's outburst... and her abrupt recovery as Miri walks up and greets her, with Raekel in tow. Something about the sight provokes a thoughtful look on Duncan's face. Before the main event starts in the Prince's room, Duncan leans in over the corner of the table, and mutters something else to Scoop in a low voice.

Scoop, Auspex 1 if not watching the Presentation:
Back to top Go down
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Sio

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 14 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 12:16 pm

Miri pauses briefly as Claudia notes her approach. She thought she saw a look of surprise pass, but she couldn't be certain. Claudia's care to remind all of their vital conditions makes Miri laugh out loud and she takes it as a good sign from the Tremere. She smiles, turning to introduce Raekel, only to see Estela in the distance with a surprised look not unlike the one she thought Claudia was wearing a few seconds ago.

The Torrie looks back to Claudia and steps back, making space to unobstruct Claudia and Estela's view of one another,
Oh, she chuckles at how she hadn't noticed before, I've interrupted something. She looks to Estela and back to Claudia, her amusement mounting, Is that what that exclamation was? Man... I thought I heard something, but whether it was just the excitement of this evening finally taking a toll on someone, I wasn't sure, she laughs again, waving all off as if to ask Claudia to disregard her, Some other time, then, Miss Vonigner? an amused smile crosses Miri's lips as she bows out. She beckons Raekel to follow as she begins to step away.

Raekel, if she follows:

Miri doesn't wait for Raekel to react before laughing out loud. She eventually manages to quell her amusement before her attention resurfaces, I meant to ask you a bit ago, she brushes hair from her face, giving Rae an incredulous but amused look, What's with all the 90's pop-culture references tonight?
Back to top Go down
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Nachtrae

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 14 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 4:01 pm

The light touch on her shoulders and the gentle downward push makes Estela jump a little in surprise as she’d momentarily forgotten all about her surroundings. With a bewildered look in her eyes, she turns to look at Laure. “Y-yea, I know Claudia,” she says hesitantly as she sits down on the chair again. It doesn’t take long for her attention to return to Claudia though, even with Laure speaking to her. Realizing this after a second, Estela forces her mind to return to the here and now and looks back to Laure. “Ah, sorry about that. It’s just… wait, what? Donor?” Her eyebrows knit together in momentary confusion. “Why would y…..oh never mind. Stupid question.” Estela sighs heavily, leaning back in the chair. “No, I never donated to her. In fact, I never even knew she was a…well, vampire or Kindred or whatever I should call it.”

Turning on the chair and letting an arm rest on the back, the young vampire glances once more to the person she’d considered a friend while she’d still been human. “I studied in Ecole des beaux-arts here in Bordeaux for a couple years. We used to hang out together with a bunch of other friends. You know, going to clubs, grabbing a movie, visiting historic buildings to get inspiration for class assignments, things like that. Seriously, I never even once expected to see a familiar face here, let alone Claudia.” She pauses for several moments and then suddenly chuckles out loud. “Let alone Claudia in that outfit. I mean chanel? Seriously? It’s like she walked out of a picture taken in the prehistory.” Glancing back at Laure, Estela continues, proving herself to be quite the talker when feeling at ease with someone. “Please don’t tell me that she always wears things like that here. I liked the outfits she wore when hanging out with us a lot more.”
Back to top Go down
Raekel
Neonate
Neonate
Raekel

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 14 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 5:33 pm

Seems the opening will have to wait, as Miriel allows her on. She offers a light, feminine sort of bow, gesturing her on as well. She looks back to Miriel, leaning in conspiratorially as they whisper, her grin growing with each line that she offers. As her companion bursts into laughter, she leans back, equally amused. "I say we choose option B. Our friend from earlier looks as though he could still use his privacy, and I'd hate to intrude just yet. I'll try to catch up with him another night. Try to make it up to him. C just sounds like a dirty proposition for the given locale, as fun as it does sound."

Then Miriel poses the question to her tastes of comic relief. She thinks for a moment, haven't even really considered it herself. She follows a long for a couple of steps before ever really replying, headed towards Suzanne and Adriano, given that option B was the one she'd selected. When finally that response does come, she offers, "I'm reminiscing, in my own way. A lot of good things happened then. I suppose I was just born again at that time, though my time began long before that." Raekel's eyes seem to wander at the thought of that, a soft smile betrayed upon her face, refraining from more reference than that.

Auspex 2:

Back to top Go down
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Sio

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 14 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 9:54 am

Miri feigns disappointment, the corners of her lips tugging into a pout as the two stroll. A shame, really, she sighs, I love shouting for the sake of shouting.

A grin supplants her pout when she sees that Raekel is smiling as she reminisces. She glances away, trying to make more sense of it, Born again? She looks to Rae again, only to see that her lips are all but sealed on the subject; still, Miri is pleased with the impartial answer. She smiles with a kind of vicarious satisfaction from Raekel remembering positive things.

They arrive where Adriano and Suzanne talk. Her lips curl into a mischievous smile as she stalls just a few feet away, saying nothing. She leaves it to the two to decide whether or not to acknowledge any additions to their conversation.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 14 EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 1:13 pm

Once he's sure he has all of the present Primogen's attention, which didn't took much due to them waiting on the Tremere, Lyle gives back the paper knife to the Prince and leaves the subject of Raekel's test certainly for later. His silence on the subject is taken as being the truth by Gregory, after all, unspoken means it's alright. Gosuin briefly looks at his possession, ensuring it's clean, before putting it in a drawer, certainly to avoid anyone "borrowing" it again.
The Tremere Primogen takes a step to the side so the Prince (mainly, but not only him), can have a good look on Elisabeth and Andrew. He then speaks at normal level, yet showing the commanding facet of his personality through his voice and tone. After all, he is a Regent for his Clan, and even if Lyle is not the typical Regent that one can expect, the title still requires certain basic abilities like being able to be heard.
As Lyle walks, Victor de Sainte-Croix spots the cat hair pin and puts his hand on his mouth to avoid a laugh. The Primogen council have their eyes wandering between the three Tremere as the Regent explains.

My Prince, my fellow Primogen...
We, Tremere, are one family within the Camarilla. Right with the Sect's and City's laws, we have our own internal regulations, our own codes, our own oath... One of them concerns the exchange of Apprentices to "the Chantry that fits them most", so their inner talents are best awoken and knowledge shared through Chantries. Of course, that's a Tremere lie, a facade, and I will not insult this court by making you believe some Pontifex made an Astrological chart that guessed Bordeaux is where their destinies are traced. We have our own politics too, after all. 
Anyhow, this one is Andrew Collins, and this one is Elisabeth Walker, they are both of the Tremere clan, even though they are not wearing the mandatory wizard robe. They were sent in to my Chantry due to exceptional circumstances. Somehow, somewhere, someone managed to think it would be a good idea to send these two under my tutelage. He obviously can't believe the clan thought he would be a good teacher to young Tremere, and his tone of voice shows a certain hesitation between crying and laughing about it. The two questions I need to ask my hierarchy is what have they smoked and where can I get some. If Lyle wasn't Lyle, one could bet he's serious. He dismisses the subject fast enough.
Prince Gosuin, I promise I will prove my clan wrong the quickest I can. In the meantime, my hands are tied, I agree to be responsible for their behavior in town until they're weaned, and I would consider it a personal favor to the Council that the Hospitality Tradition applies and you give them the Word of Acceptance, as without it, they are nothing.

Once done, Lyle sets his eyes on the Prince, in a quite cold look, yet still smiling, who looks back at him with confidence. The Prince then gives a brief look towards the other Primogen members, and addresses Theodore as he notices there is one missing.
(Gosuin) Where is the Nosferatu Primogen ?
(Theodore) He said he doesn't give a fuck. Henri nods to confirm.
(Gosuin, sighing) What about you ?
(Theodore, with a smirk, observing the two new Tremere) I don't give a fuck either, I just wanted to hear Kersten trying to save appearances,Theodore looks at Lyle but you don't give a fuck on that either, uh ?
(Lyle, with a very light-hearted tone) Actually I do care for appearances, that's why I embraced Claudia Vonïgner. Gosuin's look of disbelief forces Lyle to be explicit. I'll reveal a secret. Some of our Childer are brought in because of some Tremere's passion, remorse, mistakes or even just to mess up with someone else's plans. Not all of us are great Magi Now he sounds very serious about it, he even lost the smile for a few seconds. Nobody deserves to be embraced Malkavian.
(Gregory) I remember that..
(Theodore) Yes, I lost a bet that day, Xavier should have crucified you on the spot !
(Lyle) I requested an Embrace Permission according to Camarilla Laws, and it was given to me in total legality, so I used it.
(Theodore) Oh you knew she was going to be Degrelle's Childe !
(Lyle) You have no proof I was aware of that.
(Theodore) Yeah playing ignorant-
(Gosuin, with a hand gesture to stop the argument) You can reminiscence some other time, this discussion was held back then and discussing it further leads to nowhere. Primogen Kersten, is there any tricks behind this ?
(Lyle) Of course it's a trick ! Though for once, I have taken no part in it, I am just a poor victim. The dark look given to him by the Gangrel, the Toreador, the Malkavian Primogen and Gosuin himself, makes Lyle smile. He speaks a little more seriously, as to avoid the ire of the Council. There is a trick, it just has nothing to do with any of the Sleepers and, apart from myself, probably no Kindred in this city. To be simple about it, it's pure Tremere struggles to gain more influence within the Clan while playing musical chairs with peons.

While Lyle explains the Tremere internal politics, Gosuin gives another look to the other Primogen. None seem to want to object, though a certain mistrust is present on some faces. Lyle, Gosuin, Theodore and Gregory were the only Primogen that knew about Claudia's specific Embrace conditions, as the others are too young, which explains their silence. The Prince lets back his eyes on Elisabeth, then on Andrew as he speaks with a welcoming smile, although polite about it, it's clear that he would have rather not have new Tremere in his territory. Still, he doesn't show pure displeasure, and he does talk softly and his body language is quite open.
(Gosuin) Very well, then. Welcome to Bordeaux, Miss Walker, Mr. Collins. Pardon our discussion, in this city the Tremere are not known for embracing often nor to receive guests considering your Primogen's unique character.. Please, do enjoy your sojourn.

With a hand gesture, Gosuin allows both Elisabeth and Andrew to leave the room. Andrew, half in shock, nods and waits on Elisabeth so they can both leave. Lyle offers both an approving smile, but he doesn't move. Expecting the two Apprentices to leave, he turns back to Gosuin, and addresses him as the Primogen were ready to leave. His tone of voice is deeper.
(Lyle) About guests, I have another very unpleasant matter to discuss.. Behind closed doors.

Etiquette 2 or Intelligence 4:

Auspex 2:

Perception+Empathy > 7, Perception+Subterfuge > 6:

Scoop stays attentive enough to Duncan so he can answer him, but he is obviously listening to the Prince's room's happenings, and he's not hiding it. He doesn't forget to take notes.
They look green, but hey, don't judge on looks right ? Nah I think you're right, but it's hiding something else... I'll tell Doctor, but don't worry about it too much, apart from Igor and myself, Nosferatu don't really leave the caves, we mind our own business, if someone needs us, we have the S.O.S. Hotline, then we arrange the payments. As he says so, he writes a phone number on a corner of a page, rips it and hands it to Duncan.
As for that name, it rings a bell, I'm interested !

Claudia bows slightly to Miri's excusing herself, before walking with haste towards Laure as she speaks with Estela. Laure looks slightly confused or surprised by Estela's discourse. It's clear the Toreador is not fully aware of what Claudia is up to when she hangs in with mortals.
(Laure) Well yes, she is one of us, although she is Tremere so she might not be truly Kindred. I did know Claudia hunts in University grounds and enjoys giving some classes.. Laure's thinking about it, now she's curious. The kind of clothing she wears among mortals ? What does she wears among students ? Well sure she always dresses like this among us, even if tonight's dress is quite old, since..
(Claudia, as she arrives) Since this is the dress Thomas offered me as a present in the early fifties. I had to change and it was the only choice I had in the Chantry.
Claudia sounds a bit cold and distant on the spot, she sits down with Laure and Estela. Her body language and her eyes betrays a worry and a certain fear, which Laure picks up, even though Claudia would rather keep her secrets from the Elyseum Keeper. She takes Claudia's hand in her own in a very gentle way. It shows both women know each other for a certain time, after all, they formed a coterie together. The Tremere relaxes a little, and observes Estela with a certain sad look.
(Claudia) This should not have happened... However ! Who brought you in ? She looks around her, as if she was trying to find someone, she acts suddenly much more aggressive against the idea of a Kindred Embracing someone she knew from her Masquerade facet. While she looks around, Claudia is distracted by her name being mentioned. She also raises an eyebrow as she spots her Sire's hair being tied up by.. a cat hair pin. A "what in the world ?" can easily be read on her face. Laure pulls a little the Tremere's hand, as to pull her back to the conversation.
(Laure) Her sire is Spanish, and.. Your sire "borrowed" a hair pin, from Mademoiselle De Boucher if my eyes didn't betray me. She lower her voice, like if talking more to herself, as observing rather than admiring. I never saw him with his hair untied before.
To the remark, Claudia looks away, the subject displeases her. She then looks down and talks low, like if she was ashamed, addressing Estela.
(Claudia) Would you ever forgive me for not telling you what I was ?

Auspex 2, Perception + Alertness/Empathy > 5:

As Miri and Raekel approach Adriano and Suzanne, they can hear a few words of their conversation. He's talking to her about a certain "Marc Gillard" and about a certain "Karl Nassau". Further thinking and adding two and two together, Adriano is actually giving news to the Brujah about two men she knows. As he notices both Toreador stepping in closer, he smiles at them in a very welcoming gesture. Suzanne notices it, and turns slightly to take notice of both women. As Adriano addresses them, she walks away with all the elegance of a truck driver, as if this was not her place. Adriano doesn't seem to mind her leaving. His voice is deep, though friendly, he weights carefully each one of his words and he has a slight accent, betraying French is not his native language. As his name indicates and the accent confirms, Adriano has certainly Italian origins.
(Adriano) Ah, my two new Clan sisters ! Good evening, my name is Adriano Guicciardini, but most French speakers call me Adrien. Do not mind Calamity Jane, she has trouble with etiquette..

Suzanne doesn't even care for the odd words given to her, she walks out to the balconies, to join the Sheriff.

Linguistics 3, or Linguistics : Italian:
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 14 EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 5:49 pm

Duncan spares some attention for Scoop's reply, but like the Nosferatu, Duncan's main focus is on the events unfolding in the Prince's chamber. He takes the slip of paper offered to him by Scoop, and puts it in a pocket with a nod of acknowledgment, although he waits to reply.

When Claudia walks over and begins talking to Estela and Laure, he glances that way briefly, and then he resumes watching the Prince and Primogen. After the Tremere apprentices are dismissed, and Lyle Kersten tells the Council he has news for them behind closed doors, Duncan will take that as a signal to speak to Scoop.

I take it that was M'sieur Pierre's number, for the S.O.S. Hotline? Theodore spoke of it earlier. Thank you.

So the name rings a bell... does that mean you know who she is, or you would have to do some research? I have a feeling Igor might know about her; perhaps I should just wait and speak to him. I think it falls in his... area of interest, so to speak.

Duncan watches the two apprentices, to see which way they go after leaving the Prince's chamber.
Back to top Go down
Kogamitsu
Fledgling
Fledgling
Kogamitsu

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 4:55 am

At Lyle's gesture, Elisabeth steps back with an accustomed bow - one of martial artist's, stiff and brief, far from that of nobilities - and leaves the chamber, allowing her back turn towards the Prince and the primogens once she's at the opposing side of the door frames. She lets out an impressed whistle, probably out of relief.

Observing the people around her, Liz's curious eyes turn towards Claudia, as she believes she recognizes her somehow; her Sire must have mentioned her while informing her of the Tremere in Bordeaux. The two Kindred Claudia speaks with, however, are not familiar to her.

Linguistics - English:
Back to top Go down
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Sio

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 14 EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 8:19 pm

Miri looks wistfully after Suzanne as she leaves, A shame we could not make the acquaintance of 'Calamity Jane,' she sighs as she sees Suzanne disappear. Only a moment passes before she smiles with renewed interest, Is that her real name?

It is only another moment before she returns introductions. She is charmed by Adriano's accent and deep tone of voice, and it shows in the way that she looks at him, Mm, Adriano. She plays with mouthing his name, Good evening, M. Adriano Guicciardini- A pleasure, she curtseys, though she is wearing designer denim and not a dress, My name is Miri DeBoucher, and this lovely woman, she turns to indicate, is Miss Raekel Montalbain, she smiles especially warmly toward her before looking back to Adriano with some curiosity, May I ask, what ever gave the two of us away as Toreador? she is asking playfully, but she seems to remember, Did Alicia ruin the surprise, or are you just that good?
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 14 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 3:34 pm

As soon as the two younger Tremere are out of the chamber, Lyle closes the doors, quite silently, actually.

Scoop chuckles as Duncan asks him details on how much he knows about the information he was asked.

(Scoop) Yes that's the Hotline's number, and no problem, the Nosferatu are happy to provide services for a fair price ! That sounded ridiculously rehearsed. You know, Igor's a very smart guy with a bunch of trivia knowledge on.. well about anything that peaked his curiosity. Sneaky Kindred politics, especially considering this woman's story, ain't odd or interesting enough to be one of his subjects...
The grin and the tone of voice show clearly he knows much more, although it can be just gossip, there might be some truth to dig behind the rumors after all. He leaves it hanging like that, up to Duncan's choice to either wait until he gets a hold on Igor.

Andrew steps out of Gosuin's room with a slight bow. Once out and once the doors closed, he observes as well around him, a bit relieved. He still looks somewhat tired. Distracted by Elisabeth talking to him, he follows her sight and her hand movement. He seems to think about what her clanmate said, before replying.

Linguistics: English:
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 14 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 2:48 pm

Duncan nods, as Scoop hints about what he might know. He sees the two Tremere apprentices pause outside of the doors to the Prince's chamber (now closed), and seems to make up his mind.

Maybe you and Igor both have part of the story. But I think it can wait, because I see someone whom I've been trying to meet, and they are momentarily free. I'll talk to you about the matter some other time. Thank you for that phone number, and for your patience. Until we meet again, take care.

Duncan stands, although he waits long enough for Scoop to respond before he walks off. After Scoop's reply (if any), Duncan will give a final nod to the Nosferatu and walk over to where Andrew and Elisabeth are standing. His manner is polite, almost hesitant compared to the confident manner he's displayed this evening, as if he is afraid he will scare away the two apprentices.

Pardon me, but I wanted to catch you before you became involved in important clan matters. My name is Duncan Oliver, of clan Brujah, and I'm new to Bordeaux as well. I had hoped to meet you earlier, but I was interrupted. I can understand the young lady's abrupt departure, before... being accosted by several Kindred, all eager to make her acquaintance, must have been a little overwhelming. But now it's just me, and I assure you I'm relatively harmless.

Duncan smiles and turns on the charm, although not the supernatural variety. His manner seems to be genuinely friendly, rather than fake or forced.

(For those who have not seen him before, Duncan is a medium-tall man (1.83m), with an apparent age in his early- to mid-thirties. He has black hair and striking blue eyes; and he is almost handsome, but not quite-- definitely not a pretty-boy. His dark gray suit is nothing special, although it looks tailored.)
Back to top Go down
Kogamitsu
Fledgling
Fledgling
Kogamitsu

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 14 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 9:30 am

Lingustics - English:

As Duncan approaches and beings to speak, it seems for a very short moment as if Elisabeth was going to leap into Andrew's arms with a startled "EEEP!", but she restrains herself and merely flinches, moving slightly behind the shelter Andrew's frame provides. Her demeanour bears resemblance to that of a frightened mouse.

Eeeh... her every sentence seems to begin with this Highland mumble, Nice to meet you, Mr. Oliver. I'm Liz... Elisabeth Walker, arrived, well... she glances at her digital watch Oh, bugger, still at the wrong time zone, this. Eeh, moments ago, at any rate. Don't mind me, I'm just hanging around... not used to being the centre of attention...

(Her French is terrible; her r's roll like empty beer kegs, her Scottish accent breaks her words and grammar, but she can still be understood without much extra effort.

Elisabeth is, from tip to toe, a native Highlander. Though her figure is of average height, the red biker jacket, black jeans and biker boots work fine to bring out the extraordinary masculinity of her body. When she was still breathing, she must have been an athlete of some sort. Martial artist, perhaps.)
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 14 EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 9:48 am

Adriano listens carefully, both by his senses and his body language, when Miri talks to him. He smiles with a certain amusement to the topic of Calamity Jane.
(Adriano) Calamity Jane in only her nickname, and it fits her like a glove.
He offers both a friendly smile, nodding in acknowledgement as Miri states her name and Raekel's. He lets out a small laugh when Miri asks for permission to know how does he know. He answers with lightness and a certain superficiality.
(Adriano) The pleasure is all mine, miladies ! I would be thrilled if I could just guess one's clan accurately only by their looks and behavior, but it would be a lie ; As you guessed, Miss Vandenstree sold you. What brings you to these parts ?

Scoop just nods towards Duncan to signify he "can" go, although his permission was surely not truly "asked". Not that it should have been asked anyway, and the attitude of the Nosferatu shows he doesn't mind or care either way. He resumes his note-taking without further non-verbal language.

Andrew gives a small smile to Elisabeth when she talks to him.
Linguistics - English:

Andrew has a slight hand movement when Elisabeth moves closer to him. If he wasn't just only about 3 inches/~10cm taller than her, and if he didn't look as the frail adolescent in his late teens that he is, this movement could be taken as a reassuring or protective one, like the one one might have as a driver when hitting the breaks. At least, the body language being involuntary (either that or he's very good at making his body lie), it's genuine. Adding a slight mistrust in his eyes as Duncan speaks, Andrew's guard is up. His French is not native, but he can speak it perfectly, probably from a bilingual family, intensive courses or foreign studies. When Elisabeth mentions the wrong time zone, he checks briefly his own watch, to come to the same conclusion that his own timezone is also wrong. Despite the basic mistrust he had learned to have towards others, he isn't all hermetic about meeting Duncan, and offers him a slight smile as a gesture of good will.
(Andrew) Nice to meet you too, Mr. Oliver, I'm Andrew Collins.. He chuckles a little and addresses a more genuine smile. I'm sorry, I never thought I'd ever hear a Brujah saying he's harmless, and mean it. Andrew gives a glance towards Elisabeth, and speaks a bit lower, as if for himself only. I think I'm beginning to get it..

Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 14 EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 1:00 pm

As Elisabeth flinches slightly and takes shelter behind Andrew's shoulder, Duncan merely smiles slightly. At her introduction, he nods; and as Andrew speaks, Duncan smiles even more.

Enchanted, Mademoiselle and M'sieur. The time difference between here and the American East Coast is six hours, if that helps. The last part is directed at Elisabeth. Then Duncan turns back to Andrew and grins.

Actually, I said relatively harmless. This is Elysium; we're all on our best behavior in here. Although at the moment, I have nothing against any of those present, including yourselves. I'm too new to hold any grudges, and besides -- it's a little early to get on anyone's bad side.

Duncan looks toward the closed doors of the Prince's chamber, and back to the two Tremere.
It looks as though our elders will be absent for the rest of the evening. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Kindred start leaving soon. I just wanted to make your acquaintance before that happens. It's my understanding that it's common for the younger Kindred to sort of make alliances, so that it's not so easy for the older ones to work their plots. Sounds like a good idea to me.

Not sure how that will work with your clan; I don't think Tremere are really known for joining mixed-clan coteries. Still, it's not impossible... I think Claudia is friendly with a few outside her clan. Duncan nods toward where Claudia is speaking to Estela and Laure. She's Tremere, like you. Not exactly typical, though.

Duncan gives a little shake of his head as he faces Elisabeth and Andrew once more.
Anyway, I just recently arrived here from Paris. Where are you two from?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Le Grand Théâtre - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Le Grand Théâtre
Page 13 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 24 ... 35  Next