Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Le Grand Théâtre

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
simison
Elder
Elder


Posts : 239
Join date : 2010-09-30
Location : US

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:13 am

Auspex 1, Miri:
 

As for the rest, he continues at a normal volume, it depends on how you want to live your unlife. He is momentarily distracted by the laughing Malkavian Primogen. It is possible to live a life of solitude, but it is frowned upon. If you wish to be an active member of our clan, then I highly recommend you learn what you can.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny


Posts : 1303
Join date : 2011-02-08
Location : U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:34 am

Duncan listens with interest to what Suzanne has to say, nodding occasionally.

Yes, the power the Tremere wield is rather intimidating, yet it can obviously leave them vulnerable, too. Tonight's display showed that. It's easy to distrust the Tremere simply for being Tremere, but I'll wait until I have a little more information before I make up my mind.

He smiles as he adds:
Besides, all elders have their plots. That's a given.

Franz is your sire? Now I understand what you meant. And thank you, for your information. That makes everything clear.

That's the Malkavian Primogen? I see. But from what I hear, they're not sane at all... they just don't show it most of the time. Moments of lucidity do not make one sane.

Duncan listens to the Sherif as he approaches Victor and speaks. He also looks around to judge the reaction to the Malkavian's outburst, while keeping an eye open for anyone who might approach the Prince for presentation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian


Posts : 734
Join date : 2011-02-20
Age : 25
Location : Oklahomo

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:14 am

Miri is momentarily distracted, and glances at the laughing man. When he is approached by another, she looks back to Jerome and nods.
Duly noted.

Auspex 4:
 

She sips from her glass again.
Auspex 2:
 
Any more advice? She clears her throat and clarifies, I mean, insofar as how to be a more active clanmate- Tutelage is something I could benefit with. With a faint smirk, she sips from her glass again, eyes still locked on Jerome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.formspring.me/Sio
simison
Elder
Elder


Posts : 239
Join date : 2010-09-30
Location : US

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:37 am

To be an active clanmate is rather simple. Every now and then, our clan meets and... "discuss" of our interests and desires. As our clan's mandataire, I am the one who is in charge of organizing such events, and would be happy to alert you when the next event takes place. Tutelage, however...

Jerome casts an unsubtle look in the direction of each Toreador that is in the room. That depends on what kind of tutelage and teacher you are hoping to look for. I am a craftsman by trade. He pauses and brings his hands to his front, rubbing his fingers. I use my hands to create tools and items. Would one think there is not much room for art, but there can be.

He stops the motion and nods toward in the direction of Gregory. Mr. Darvault is a master of the written word. He is the eldest of our clan and thus are primogen. He does what he can for our interests and does not seek to take advantage of his station.

He moves on to one of the harpies, he gestured at earlier. Ms. Vandenstree was our youngest member and is harpy. She earned her title by making a mockery of her own sire, Mr. Delacour who is not present tonight. And finally...

He looks in the direction of Laure.
Ms. Nolveaux is a specialist who focuses on fashioning gold into art. She is also a good friend of mine.

He regards Miri again and shrugs. Unfortunately though, I do not of any of them could or be willing to teach you. What is your artistic expression, if you don't mind me prying?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian


Posts : 734
Join date : 2011-02-20
Age : 25
Location : Oklahomo

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:12 pm

Miri grins as Jerome makes his kind offer to alert her to group gatherings. I would love that. I would be sure to make an appearance whenever possible.

Miri glances at Jerome's hands as they move with a smirk. She looks at each Toreador as they are motioned to, listening carefully to each description.

That's all just as well. She sighs. None seem to be inclined into my own expression. She nods her head slightly, regarding the other Toreador again before turning to Jerome, smiling and answering simply, I play music. The piano, or guitar. She laughs, But I don't sing, or so I haven't tried. My voice isn't that... She searches for a suitable word, "delicate," and nods, finishing the last of her glass before replacing it on the table.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.formspring.me/Sio
simison
Elder
Elder


Posts : 239
Join date : 2010-09-30
Location : US

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:10 pm

Indeed? Jerome reflects on Miri's chosen vocation, placing a hand on his chin out of reflex. He looks over the other Toreador. He blinks, confusion spreading across his normally serious features.

...We really don't have a musician among us, do we? Though the question is rhetorical, it is almost comical, revealing that this is the first time the craftsman has noticed that there are none among the Toreador who play. Why is that? Surely, I remember somone wh... Jerome trails off, apparently along with his emotions as his face becomes a blank slate.

Yes, he says again, his voice as flat as the floor. We did have one Toreador who was skilled in playing musical instruments. ...she's gone now. The man's eyes stare toward a wall, but it's clear that he's not looking at anything in particular anymore.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Claudia
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4887
Join date : 2010-01-30
Age : 28
Location : France

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:12 pm

Suzanne laughs low to Duncan's words.

Yeah you got it right !

Anyway, Franz is a misogynist bastard, but he's on the right side and we got to stick together to survive, even if it means trusting the Tremere and agreeing with Ventrue political moves. I've not seen any huge fights or struggles about some decisions taken, but again I'm not the attentive kind of gal.
Actually I don't care much, I'm not planning on Embracing anyone, I have no political ambitions of any kind, and if I have to crush some skulls with the Sherif, that'll made my night.

Oh, I've heard we got some Sethites hanging out on the other side of the river, so it's bad karma to go there. But they rarely cross the Stone Bridge, and Gosuin tolerates them as long as the Masquerade is respected and they mind their own business. Catherina Giovanni, who's over there, knows best about them since they're in the same business.

If you step by El Bodegon, maybe you'll meet Mike too, the one Brujah not present here tonight. anyway if you need anything else, feel free to ask !
And if there's one Harpy who is respectable, that should be Griffin, the guy over there with the hat. If you don't hear from him it means you're on his good side, so that's a big plus.



Gregory Darvault hears Jerome talk about him, he lifts a bit his head, and nods slightly with a polite smile to both clanmates, to make understand he is available if needed, then went back to his notepad where he seems to be writting notes.

Alicia and Franz are discussing quite loudly about how the Tremere should have been decimated since their botched Coup d'Etat in the 40's, how incompetent they were as leaders, and even the Ventrue seem like good chiefs in comparaison.

Alicia's compagnon left her to go for a smoke on one of the balconies, watching over the Regent Grand Hotel with curiosity and admiration.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny


Posts : 1303
Join date : 2011-02-08
Location : U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:38 pm

Setites, hmm? Theodore didn't mention them. I appreciate the warning. I'll try to stop by El Bodegon within the next few nights, and meet Mike. I'd also like to meet this mythical beast you spoke of, this 'respectable harpy'. Maybe I'll talk to Griffin tonight, if I get the chance.

Duncan is smiling as he talks to Suzanne, although this slips a bit when he overhears the theatrical Tremere-bashing from Alicia and Franz. He glances around until he locates Alicia's companion, on the balcony.

Thank you again for the conversation, and for your advice. I won't take up all of your time. I believe I'll circulate a little more, and introduce myself to a few more Kindred. I'm also curious to see the other new Kindred as they are presented to the Prince. At any rate, good evening, Suzanne.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Claudia
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4887
Join date : 2010-01-30
Age : 28
Location : France

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:33 pm

Suzanne gives a smile.
Yeah, he must have forgotten ! For most Kindred the other side of the river has no interest. And for Theodore it's like the woods, he didn't mention the woods either ? Well don't hang out much where there are too many trees, werewolves don't like visitors much. Anyway that's a Gangrel topic, I don't know much about it.

You're welcome, good luck with the Tremere Harpy, I told you he was respectable, not nice ! The other presentations got me curious too.


Griffin barely showed interest or even lifted an eyebrow, but he probably knows he's a subject of conversation. After he had left Alicia and Franz, he sat down on a table and drew a pack of cards from his pocket. He mixes them softly, and doesn't even look at Celine as she puts a glass on his right, on the table. He does move slightly his lips, probably a "thank you".
Celine seems to be busy enough, she picks up, disappears on a side door. She was probably a luxury hotel waitress before entering the world of Kindred, as she is discrete, efficient and anticipates most needs. Alicia's companion didn't need to think about the first tap of his cigarette for its ashes, that Celine had already installed an ashtray next to him. He thanks her with an embarrassed smile, and she goes away after a small bow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny


Posts : 1303
Join date : 2011-02-08
Location : U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:15 pm

After taking his leave of Suzanne, Duncan casually strolls to the side of the room and leans against the wall, in a spot which gives him a good view of Gosuin's room, as well as the rest of the Deambulatoire. From there, he seems content to relax and take in the events around him... at least for now.

Celine passes by on one of her trips around the room, but Duncan declines her offer of blood, although he thanks her with a smile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian


Posts : 734
Join date : 2011-02-20
Age : 25
Location : Oklahomo

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:05 pm

Miri begins to grin, amused by Jerome's initial confusion, but her amusement fades as Jerome's expressiveness dissolves away. There is the faintest passive smirk on her face, she says nothing for some time.

Well, then I certainly look forward to bringing my craft along to our gatherings. She says this as warmly as she can, her eyes smile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.formspring.me/Sio
simison
Elder
Elder


Posts : 239
Join date : 2010-09-30
Location : US

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:40 pm

Jerome nods absentmindedly. Yes, it will be good to fill the void. The Toreador bows his head, while placing a hand over his eyes. He slowly pulls his hand to the left as though wiping a painful sight from his eyes. The effort isn't entirely successful, but Jerome is no longer staring off into nothingness.

So, what is your favorite instrument?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian


Posts : 734
Join date : 2011-02-20
Age : 25
Location : Oklahomo

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:15 pm

Miri perks her eyebrows up and smiles at the question, her eyes shift to the side as she thinks, Mmmm...

She decides on the wording of her answer: I like playing the piano or guitar because it can be played solo, or played as a supporting instrument. I like them, because they allow me to play chords, which is something that a person who plays, say, violin, would have to depend on a trio or quartet, or chord-playing instrument to accomplish. It helps make a sound more complex, more specific to an emotion. I like depth.

She pauses with folded arms, tapping a finger her chin in thought. But in reality, I don't have a 'favorite' instrument, I just love to hear people make music together. She smiles and nods her head once, satisfied with her answer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.formspring.me/Sio
z.o.o.
Methuselah
Methuselah


Posts : 281
Join date : 2010-01-06
Age : 35
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:29 pm

Victor hears The Sherif and cocks his head with the twitch of a lizard. Relegating his gaze to the wall, he murmurs.
“Words! Words! I'm so sick of words! I get words all day through;
First from him, now from you! Is that all you blighters can do?
Don't talk of stars Burning above;
If you're in love, Show me! Tell me no dreams
Filled with desire.
If you're on fire, Show me! Here we are together in the middle of the night!
Don't talk of spring! Just hold me tight!
Anyone who's ever been in love'll tell you that
This is no time for chat! Haven't your lips
Long for my touch? Don't say how much,
Show me! Show me!...”
He closes his eyes, cocks his head in the opposite direction, and turns to face The Sherif. Victor rights his head and opens his eyes with a plaintive sigh.
...I need a girlfriend...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
simison
Elder
Elder


Posts : 239
Join date : 2010-09-30
Location : US

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:33 pm

A noble desire, Jerome quietly compliments. If that is the case, then I'm sure you'll be a welcome addition to our city and clan. Out of all the clans, we Toreador are indeed the ones with a self-appointed duty to be guardians of art. It is fortunate that the Camarilla is more than happy to accommodate our mission along with our other duties as upholders of the Masquerade.

The words are half-hearted though whether it is due to Jerome's sudden change of mood or if he's simply reciting a well-known rhetoric remains to be seen. Another outburst from the Malkavian primogen draws his attention again.
If nothing else, I hope you can enjoy our city's particular cast of characters, he adds light-heartedly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian


Posts : 734
Join date : 2011-02-20
Age : 25
Location : Oklahomo

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:04 pm

Miri bows her head graciously at the compliment and listens to his dry rehashing of the Clan's charge and how she is expected to fit nicely with the other Toreador, Glad to hear it, but Jerome's following little quip causes Miri to chuckle hard for a moment or two.

She coughs once to clear her throat to cut the laughter short.

Indeed, sir, indeed, she smirks and nods in a faux-sagely fashion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.formspring.me/Sio
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny


Posts : 1303
Join date : 2011-02-08
Location : U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:48 pm

As Victor's impromptu poetry recital ends, Duncan applauds a half dozen times, slow and deliberate. The clapping is not loud, but in the silence following the Malkavian's outburst, it is noticeable.

The Sherif whips his head around to follow the sound, a glare ready on his face. But Duncan's manner doesn't seem to reflect derision; instead, Duncan bows his head to Victor, and smiles. Then he resumes leaning against the wall once more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
simison
Elder
Elder


Posts : 239
Join date : 2010-09-30
Location : US

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:02 pm

The fledgeling's good humor proves to be infectious. Jerome's small smile returns, though in some aspects, he still looks like a worn-out man.

What did bring you here to our fair city, if you don't mind me prying?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian


Posts : 734
Join date : 2011-02-20
Age : 25
Location : Oklahomo

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:28 pm

Miri thinks on it for a minute.

Well, I've been all over since... she kind of bobs her head side to side, until she can speak her words, my sire's disappearance. I was made, then left on my own. She shrugs a shoulder.

She sighs, listing, Most cities were either too clique-ish, or too empty. I wasn't right for some, mostly because I have no 'lineage' to speak of; or I wasn't welcome to stay unless my stay was guaranteed to be transitory, as the city was filled to capacity. She raises an eyebrow, recollecting, changing to a matter-of-factly tone. I half expected Bordeaux to tolerate me for a week and see me on my way. She glances at the floor, then back up to Jerome.

But, I tell myself, "Don't make assumptions, Miri! Never make assumptions! It's too limiting to the development and overall health of your character, you shouldn't pigeon-hole yourself!" She laughs softly after she mocks her inner-dialogue for reprimanding her. She smiles and shrugs, So, I'm here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.formspring.me/Sio
simison
Elder
Elder


Posts : 239
Join date : 2010-09-30
Location : US

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:44 pm

Assumptions can indeed by deadly. Especially in our world, Jerome seconds as his eyes sweep through the room. He looks back at Miri.

Do you have a haven already?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian


Posts : 734
Join date : 2011-02-20
Age : 25
Location : Oklahomo

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:59 pm

I... do not. Miri smiles but wrinkles her nose, cringing to admit it. I have some money, and I was expecting to use it to start rent somewhere and see about getting work as live music for a bar somewhere, I suppose.

She thinks. Though I'm not sure what I can get with €200, heh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.formspring.me/Sio
Claudia
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4887
Join date : 2010-01-30
Age : 28
Location : France

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:54 am

(200 € = a good night at the Regent's -yeah seriously I stopped by to check it out-; 4-5 nights in a basic, aeroport hotel -ibis kind of hotels- ; a round train ticket taken at last minute, for two, Bordeaux-Paris ; a Ryanair plane ticket to go to Belgium and back ; about three weeks of regular but not exceptionnal food for three people ; or the complete Saint Seiya, Knights of the Zodiac collection in manga -which is 28 books-)



The sherif doesn't hide his smile towards Victor, then Duncan, and then Victor again. In between a sinful joy and excitement, and a compassionate look, his voice holds the tone of confidence.
I know you do, my Primogen.. I might have a solution, a quiet and beautiful one. I just might present her to your Excellence, in exchange of what I should ask you a favor, as your acquaintance with our Prince could satisfy this particular need.

Auspex 2, Perception 3, Empathy 3:
 


Griffin begins calmly drawing his cards ; it's a basic Tarot card game (here to have a look), elegant, quite old but in good conditions. It's easy to notice Griffin draws the cards as to fortune-telling, since the cards used to play the Tarot and the cards used in Divinatory Tarot are basicly the same -22 Greater secrets, 56 Lesser secrets-. Once in a while he takes a sip of his glass. A keen eye notices he is paying attention to spoken words around him.

Lyle dismissed any questions Gosuin and Theodore tried to ask, something in the lines of "It's Tremere business, you two have no authority in my Chantry, nor over my Clan". They do not insist as Lyle puts his earset on, standing in front of one of the windows as he talks, very low to whoever he calls.

Gregory Darvault seems more attentive to both Jerome and Miri, he stopped writting and seems to be waiting for a better moment to meet them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
z.o.o.
Methuselah
Methuselah


Posts : 281
Join date : 2010-01-06
Age : 35
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:25 am

And the lion says to the lamb, “I see your lips and your knees, they quiver not from fear, but from hunger. Do you see me dearest lamb? I quiver too, for I am cold. Perhaps we can make a trade? I will feed you for your wool, but only if you promise to hold closed your eyes while I shear this favor from your back...with my teeth...”
Victor summons a Hyena's chuckle and it drips from his mouth like sap from a maple tree.
...Heh-heh-heh-heeeeh...
He clasps The Sherif's shoulders and pecks him on the cheek. Victor matches his brother's smile.
...Lambert, Lambert. Vous me fait peur, mon frère...
outofcharacter lol:
 
...Come. We must discuss this further.
Expecting The Sherif to follow, Victor glides to the balcony and leans against it, placing himself not two fingers from Franz (Alicia's companion who has not been presented yet). He glances at Franz (him) and speaks from the corner of his mouth.
Stick around, won't you please?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Claudia
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4887
Join date : 2010-01-30
Age : 28
Location : France

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:31 am

lol:
 


The Sherif follows without a word, but he keeps smiling.
The man on the balcony takes the ashtray and lets some space to both Malkavian, although surprised he doesn't seem to mind much. He lets go the smoke to the other side before talking. His voice is soft and low.

(man) Sure.
He puts his cigarette in his mouth, puts the ashtray a bit further on the balcony, and once both hands are available, he takes his cigarette case and opens it to offer both a smoke. The Sherif refuses shaking lightly his head, but with a "thank you" kind of smile.


(Sherif) If you could intervene to the Prince for my works at the Saint André hospital*, it would clearly make this pretty doll more than eager to meet you.. If the Hospital could be declared as mine only.

*
The Saint André Hospital is a public hospital, a bit South from the Cathedral with the same name. Kind of old architecture, but modern technology, it's the emergency hospital where people go to if they live in Center Bordeaux, rather than University hospitals that are further away
Map !

Back to top Go down
View user profile
simison
Elder
Elder


Posts : 239
Join date : 2010-09-30
Location : US

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:47 am

Hmm, Jerome begins with a small frown. I am afraid I'm not familiar enough with the economic side of this town to be able to give you any recommendations regarding that. However, I know a reliable man who can be of some considerable help. Have you been formally introduced to our primogen?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Today at 12:36 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Le Grand Théâtre
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 35Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 ... 35  Next
 Similar topics
-
» The Grand Brawl - Round 3: The Battle Complex
» Grand Master conversion.
» Grand Fantasia Chat
» Grand Fantasia
» Round 2: Australian Grand Prix 2011 - Melbourne.

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: Roleplaying Vampire: The Masquerade :: Roleplaying Area :: City Elysiums-
Jump to: