Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Le Grand Théâtre

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
AuthorMessage
eye of the divine
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:25 pm

Nyx listened with interest as Vigneron continued and elaborated on his explanation. She didn't speak further and when he left she dipped her head slightly in acknowledgement but said nothing else.

William could hear Nyx snort as she suppressed her laughter at his comment directed at Fred.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://eyeofthedivine.tumblr.com
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:45 pm

With the Lupine's departure, Duncan becomes thoughtful.

That was educational.  I don't think that's what he intended, but it's a nice bonus.

One: Nature is their religion-- like some supernatural, militant arm of Greenpeace.  That's why they hate us; they see us as 'creatures of the Wyrm', some force of corruption that hurts nature.  So no, not all humans like William said, just the ones that hurt nature.  I was right though; you can't argue religion with a fanatic.

Two: They do indeed have a pack structure, which I would assume is similar to a wolf pack, with alpha males, etc..  The old ones can live outside the pack structure if they are 'wise ones', like this guy and the woman Nicole, who is currently missing.  Speaking of whom, they seem to assume she's in an urban area, since they can't find her in her usual turf.  I wonder whether they have some other information to back that up, or if they've just searched everywhere else.

Three: Lupines have issues with anger management, similar to our issues with the Beast.  I mean, we've all heard the stories about how they're basically nine feet of fur, teeth, claws and rage; but apparently it's not always under their control.  Can they become lost to their rage, like Kindred can be lost to the Beast?  Interesting.

At least they regard the 'leeches' in Bordeaux as relatively decent.  Or at least, "not as bad as we could be."  I wonder how they regard the Sabbat in Spain?

Yes, very educational.
For a moment, Duncan seems absorbed in his own thoughts; then he turns to the others with a smile.  His earlier annoyance seems to be totally gone.

So, what now?  I'm sure some of those upstairs will be eager to ask us about our recent guest.  The question is, do we really need to waste time humoring them?  The only thing to be learned upstairs is the identity of the bones he delivered, and I'm pretty sure I know that already.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:04 pm

OOC:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bloodywolf
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:58 pm

OOC:

"Look at you, all knowledgeable and stuff. Exhilarating isn't it?"
William gave a short smile at Duncan before turning to Fred.
"I'm quite sure the only thing that needs to happen is us finding a way to spend time."

Once Duncan posed his last question, William seemed to have a moment thoughtfulness of his own.
"I have a feeling I need to consult with my Temporary replacement Regent about something, a little thing I've noticed during the little show upstairs. And Seeing I'm new, I'm actually interested in whom the remains belong to. But I'm quite sure my social interaction limit of the night can handle that last bump of social charade that the harpy kindred like to pull on who has the biggest stick up their arse, so we're pretty much free to do as we please until Nyx's people check out. Although lets keep it at safe places, while we now know that whatever checked us out at the market wasn't a Lupine, it still leaves us at zero clues other than that the sheriff might have sent them to keep an eye on you two," pointing at Duncan and Nyx, "after you came near his haven? You never did really explain what happened."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:11 pm

OOC:

I'm knowledgeable about a lot of stuff; I just don't advertise.  I'm surprised that guy didn't walk out in the middle of your metaphysical discourse.  Is that the official Tremere theory about the nature of Kindred?  It seems feasible, but I doubt you have a lot of proof.

I'd rather avoid the questions upstairs, if possible.  We can continue to El Bodegon, if that still seems like a good place to talk.  I can tell you about the other stuff there; what Lambert said, and the identity of the remains.

As for the alarm at the Market-- yes, I realized the same thing.  If that wasn't connected to this one, that's two distinct dangers we've avoided tonight.  So caution is stull a good idea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Claudia
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:39 am

William:

While they discuss future moves, the neonates see Griffin take the stairs and walk down. He's alone.
I assume they're all inside the theater, near the entrance.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bloodywolf
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:10 am

OOC:

William gave a cheshire gin as he shrugged.
"Actually I made that up right on the spot, based on observations, but... yeah. Once you mentioned a basis, Symbiosis, the rest was easy. But it did give us the desired effect, we annoyed old grumpy, got some more information about the garou out of him, even though most was already known, and we now know what we're dealing with. I mean, can you imagine it? If I told that theory to my old Regent in Brussels... ohh boy, not even my sire could have gotten out of that argument scot-free. Heck I can alread-"

William halted mid sentence as he looked behind the group at a wall with a questioning. He looked at the direction the Lupine walked out, then at Fred and back to the group in general.
"I suggest we find another location to..." The Tremere gaze shifted to the stairs as his look of caution shifted to a small smile as he called out, "Griffin, good evening."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:23 pm

The moment Duncan notices movement on the stairs, he stops talking about their plans and switches the topic to their recent visitor, instead of the group's plans.

I know the Kindred term 'Lupine' derives from the Latin 'lupus'*, or wolf.  However, you called him 'garou', as in 'loup-garou', the French word for werewolf.  Is that the "scientific" term for their kind?

While he waits for William's reply, he nods at the approaching Tremere elder and greets him.
Evening, M. Griffin.  We're discussing the recent guest.

*ST:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
eye of the divine
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:16 pm

Nyx stayed firmly out of the way of William and Duncan's conversation. Her eye drifted out towards the doors after their guest but she doesn't linger there for long as something else catches her attention. 

Turning her head slightly she watched Griffin as he made his way down the staircase, she didn't hide the fact she was watching him, and was surprised the other's had taken so long to spot him. 

Curiously she watched William and Duncan greet him but waited to see if he was bothering to stop or going to greet quickly and make his excuses to leave.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:32 pm

Lupus is a common Latin word that most people who remember highschool know. Granted.

The Harpy notices the voices and approaches, seemingly not in a hurry, with a slight smile.

(Jean-Pierre) Here I was thinking I would find four pile of bones and ashes. Evening.

He greets by affording some time to give all four kindred a look.
(Jean-Pierre) An interesting guest. To answer your question, if you don't mind, the term kindred generally use is "werewolf" [OOC actual translation for "loup-garou"]. Nowadays, if you say Garou, you may be refering to the Canadian singer.

He takes an instant to word a theory.
(Jean-Pierre) Do you think Primogen Kersten's disappearance is somehow linked? I would like to say I can't imagine him kidnapping a female werewolf for a surprise holiday, yet, the thought crossed my mind, much to my dismay.

Last edited by Claudia on Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bloodywolf
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:35 pm

William closes his eyes and tilts his head with a small shudder.
"I'll have to rinse my mind's eye now, thanks for the mental image. The idea they they're besties sitting on the beach in honolulu sipping mojitos does hold a certain comedy to it though. Anyhow, since we haven't got a clue, it's pretty much just guessing. Somehow the regent disappeared without a single trace."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
eye of the divine
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:47 pm

Nyx greeted Griffin with a slight respectful nod of her head, but didn't say much else. She seemed to listen with interest but again had nothing to add quite yet.

Alertness >1+looking at Nyx:

Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:09 pm

If it's not inappropriate to suggest; perhaps a third party of sorts could be involved? Hunters? Setites? Maybe even mean ones?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:16 pm

The young Brujah shakes his head.
Somehow I doubt that Kersten is sitting in the sun, drinking with a werewolf.  If there's a connection at all, it's more likely your Regent has a new test subject, and he's performing secret experiments in a hidden lab.

M. Griffin, could I ask you a question?  It involves your official position, and a matter of etiquette.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Claudia
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:35 pm

Griffin seems to be pleased that they didn't take seriously his idea of a werewolf on holidays with Lyle. He does dismiss a few option given.
(Jean-Pierre) Primogen Kersten isn't stupid enough to mess with a werewolf. Fearless, yes, but even he has some sort of common sense. The Setites are probably smart enough not to annoy the clan, considering our alliances, even if one of them is a known diablerist. I was more enclined to suspect the Sabbat, but in that case we would have found some traces and there would be more chaos. Hunters are more believable, if the werewolf case is linked.

He gives a quick glance at Duncan.
(Jean-Pierre) Certainly.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:47 pm

When Griffin agrees, Duncan poses his question.
It's about Influence. Let's say you find that one of your elders has influence in a certain area, and you ask permission to visit that area. Then you find out another Kindred also has influence there. Is it enough that you already asked permission from someone, or are you supposed to ask permission from everyone who has their fingers in the pie, so that nobody is offended? It seems excessive to have to do that every time you do something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Claudia
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:50 pm

The Tremere thinks it over an instant. He doesn't seem surprised by the question, or he's good at hiding it.
(Jean-Pierre) Well, proper etiquette and procedures would require you to ask formal permission from every kindred involved. But the truth is it depends on the field and the kindred involved. Asking Theodore Jacob about certain smuggling exchanges will be far easier than asking the Prince about municipal elections. I would not pester you if the Setites found out you talked or fed on one of the prostitutes who happens to work for them indirectly.. Of course "no witnesses" rules apply, if you aren't caught red handed and do not leave evidence, you should be safe.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:48 pm

I suppose it would depend on the situation, as well.  Asking permission of four Kindred who have influence among the police would seem a lot of trouble if all you wanted to do was get a ticket fixed, or make a warrant disappear.  Although, if I had influence in a certain area, I'd be greatly annoyed if I was expected to discuss it in committee every time I sent my own people to do something trivial.

Alright, let's take this out of the realm of the hypothetical.  I asked Franz Derijk if I could check the student databases for Bordeaux 3, to see if I could find links between some of the students that have turned up in the river.  The media is stirring up public interest, and it's becoming a Masquerade issue.  But I found out you also have influence in the college, and I was told that you might take offense if you discovered I was nosing around.

May I please have your permission to look for clues?  I don't plan to change anything, and I would be willing to inform you of anything I find.  I could try to sneak around and hope you didn't find out, but quite frankly that's too much trouble, and I don't want to be looking over my shoulder for something this minor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Karavolos
megalomaniac

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:42 am

ST:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
eye of the divine
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:26 pm

Nyx listened with mild interest to the conversation. She did not speak but then again she had nothing as yet to add to the conversation. Idly she checked her phone for any texts or missed calls to see if Pierre had got back to her yet. 
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:13 pm

Fred:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bloodywolf
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:36 pm

William's player does the worm in a thought bubble hovering above William's head, while the character does nothing in particular, unmoving with emotionless face.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Claudia
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:03 am

Griffin nods slightly when Duncan takes out the theory and asks him.
(Jean-Pierre) I see. It also depends on the amount of respect you have towards those who have their fingers in the pie, as you say. You have my permission, as long as you leave no traces. You should be warned that the universities are interconnected, and as such, also under the watch of Nassau's ghoul (and Mr Nassau himself), Primogen Bowens, Mr Colin, and probably Claudia. I also suspect Doctor has some influence as well as Igor. Do not get me wrong, asking so many permissions is nonsense. University borders are not as clear as they once were.

He is refering to the project of merging together the four main universities as just one : the NUB : New Unversity of Bordeaux.
(Jean-Pierre) I have done some researches myself concerning this issue. How should I inform you of my findings?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:27 am

Duncan bows his head in appreciation as Griffin gives his permission.  He nods at the rest of the information, although he raises an eyebrow when the Tremere mentions his own research into the matter.  The young Brujah takes out a card, and writes an email address ion it, before handing it to Griffin.

Here is an email address where I can be reached.  You can send any data through that.

Thank you, sir.  I will leave no trace... my search is very passive, and shouldn't affect anything.  Please don't tell me which colleges those Kindred have ties to.  I believe my defense will rest on the fact that I'm new to Bordeaux, and don't know all of the areas where people have influence.  What's the old line?  "Easier to beg forgiveness, than to ask permission."
ST:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Claudia
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:29 pm

Griffin takes the card, observes it an instant, then browses his jacket for a wallet and puts it inside. As he does so, he words a few thoughts.
(Jean-Pierre) Ignorance is not an excuse in our world, and mercy and comprehension are not very common in our laws and their executors. I will support any action taken in that direction: Kine must remain safe and ignorant. As far as I can observe from him, your Primogen will defend you: such defense is far more credible than just being new in town.

It's unclear whether he is just stating factual Camarilla and City laws, or he is judging them as being wrong. He does seem to believe things will turn sour, because he used "Jacob will defend you", and not "would". He gives a quick glance at the other three.
(Jean-Pierre) Was there anything else ?

He seems open enough to discussion.. Either that or he doesn't really want to leave.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Le Grand Théâtre   Today at 5:40 am

Back to top Go down

Le Grand Théâtre
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 33 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34, 35  Next