Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Regent Grand Hotel

Go down 
+5
Voraxith
Bloodywolf
Nachtrae
Karavolos
Claudia
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

The Regent Grand Hotel - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Regent Grand Hotel   The Regent Grand Hotel - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 11:30 am

Fred has since grabbed his head and is slightly rocking back and forward (from a standing position).
When Laure asks he looks up, but avoids direct eye-contact.

I only know that my old family met it's end that awful night and that some people deserted the battle, with myself included. I have nothing else to state.

Fred quickly returns his gaze down on the floor and continues his earlier behaviour.

Auspex 2:

Empathy 2 + Basic knowledge of Fred:
Back to top Go down
eye of the divine
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
eye of the divine

PostSubject: Re: The Regent Grand Hotel   The Regent Grand Hotel - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 3:44 pm

Whilst Lyle and Laure have been talking about the attacks Carrion has busied herself playing with her phone. When Lyle speaks to her she looks up and quirks an eyebrow before returning to her phone. She does drift towards the group and settles nearby leaning against a wall instead of sitting down.

Watching Carrion + Perception + Alertness >6:
Back to top Go down
http://eyeofthedivine.tumblr.com
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Nachtrae

PostSubject: Re: The Regent Grand Hotel   The Regent Grand Hotel - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 2:26 pm

Estela listens to the conversations going on, keeping quiet despite the occasional mixture of confusion and curiosity. She lets her eyes wander about the room, briefly observing Fred and Carrion with fairly little interest, though the later does get a weird look for the way she behaves and positions herself. Her gaze then returns to Lyle and Laure.
perception+alertness>4:
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: The Regent Grand Hotel   The Regent Grand Hotel - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 11:08 am

Seeing Fred has nothing else to state, Laure nods and bows respectfully to the Elder. He makes a sign that she's excused, with a smirk.
(Laure) Thank you for your time. By any chance, will Mr. Griffin be available later in the night ? We may need to ask him these questions as well, as you suggested.
(Lyle) Unlike my sire, I don't keep a close record and schedule of what my apprentices do during their nights. To be honest, I have no idea where he might be. Give him a call and pray he's in a good mood.
(Laure) Will do. Good evening.

The Toreador nods, having said good evening to all kindred present than rather just Lyle, she gave them all a look with the exception of Fred since she considers he's with her. Laure affords a more genuine smile towards Estela, but she's curious about her situation. She then steps back a little, getting closer to Fred, and takes him aside letting the Regent speak with Estela and or Carrion as he wishes. She offers the Malkavian a proper smile, even if she doesn't sound much worried, she tries to be polite about it.
(Laure) Are you OK and ready to meet Primogen de Sainte Croix ? I'll understand if you wish not to see the Harpy, he's not the kind type and I don't want you to break down with him.

The Tremere shares a sly smile with Estela, then gives another look at Carrion. He loses the smile an instant as he stares, then recovers it openly. He speaks with a certain joy and amusement as he puts his arm around Estela on a very natural move.
(Lyle) Yes ? Was there someone you wanted to see ?

Carrion:
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: The Regent Grand Hotel   The Regent Grand Hotel - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 11:15 am

Fred looks up and lowers his hands.
I will come, I promised Mister Lehin that I would look after your well-being while we travel together;
even if it pains me in so doing. But putting that aside, shall we go and meet Primogen Sainte-Croix?

Fred begins moving towards the entrance while looking at Laure, if she doesn't move along with him, he will wait at a certain distance before proceeding.

Perception 2 + Empathy 2:

(ST edit : no need to have empathy 4 to guess that Smile)
Back to top Go down
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Nachtrae

PostSubject: Re: The Regent Grand Hotel   The Regent Grand Hotel - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 12:21 pm

Estela answers Laure's smile with one of her own when she makes to leave with Fred. “Good evening to you too.” As the Toreador takes Fred aside to speak silently with him, she turns her attention back to Lyle, an eyebrow rising curiously at his smile, though a corner of her lips curves up in response. The sudden arm around her makes the young vampire tense up and she sends a wary stare at the Regent, trying to gauge his intentions. She relaxes after a few short moments though, allowing herself to be comfortable. Her attention focuses on Carrion then, expression almost challenging or daring her to say something about it.
Back to top Go down
eye of the divine
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
eye of the divine

PostSubject: Re: The Regent Grand Hotel   The Regent Grand Hotel - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 2:04 pm

Carrion head picks up from her phone and she gives Laure and Fred a silent farewell before she continues whatever she was doing. When her phone stops working she doesn't seem that surprised.

Her lips move but she doesn't use her voice as she slips it back into her clutch and pulls out the pad and pen quickly scribbling something down before it also is ferreted away back into her clutch.

Now Lyle and Estela have her full attention, she acknowledges Estela with a curt nod of her head and Lyle with a slight bow. She stands as she did before, quite rigid and her head inclined down but now she has stepped forward in front of Lyle, still at some distance but certainly closer than she was before.

She can't hide the slight smirk from the corner of her lip at their chosen way of sitting. When she speaks there is no emotion to her voice and it seems to be the only time she draws breath.

I was hoping to speak to Claudia but it appears I have missed her. Would you happen to know of her usual haunts? Or mobile number? It is quite urgent.

Auspex 3:

Auspex 2 or Perception + Subterfuge >5:
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: The Regent Grand Hotel   The Regent Grand Hotel - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 6:09 am

(Laure) Alright, let us go then.
Laure walks out of the Elysium and of the Hotel with Fred.

The Tremere frowns, sighs, looks aside, and fakes a certain disappointment and shock.

(Lyle) What's with my childe suddenly becoming more popular than me ? Really, I am starting to take it personally.

He shrugs and smiles, letting go the "joke". He observes with a more inquisitive look the person before him as he continues speaking.
(Lyle) It should be common knowledge that Miss Vonigner has her own haven and her presence here is uncommon. I don't give this kind of information anyway, be it about her or about any other of my apprentices, and you should know that already. Tell me why you need to see her and if it convinces me.. I'll give you a way to contact her.

He seems sincere about his 'trade', only waiting to be convinced, but he's not willing to tell about Claudia's whereabouts just like that. Oddly, it's true that the Regent barely gives any information on other Tremere to other kindred.
Back to top Go down
eye of the divine
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
eye of the divine

PostSubject: Re: The Regent Grand Hotel   The Regent Grand Hotel - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 9:36 am

Carrion observes his body movements cautiously but her hands remain for the moment behind her back.

It's nothing personal, if I thought you would be most helpful in this situation I would ask you.

Her eyes never seem to stay looking at one thing for more than a few moments as she looks at him. For the moment she seems to be ignoring Estela entirely.

Perception + Alertness >6:

Indeed, I was hoping to kill two birds with one stone by meeting Fred and asking here where she was in the hope that one of the Tremere would know.

She takes a moment to consider his request and her own words before answering him.

I need her for her empathy, auspex and knowledge of my clan...

Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: The Regent Grand Hotel   The Regent Grand Hotel - Page 7 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 11:09 am

The Tremere pesters a little when Carrion says he's not the most suited for her, but shrugs and nods, totally over it (was he ever hurt, he was probably faking the feeling of being insulted). He smiles openly when she states the reason why she came to begin with, concerning Fred and Claudia's whereabouts. His eyes widden a little when she mentions her reasons about why Claudia and no other. He sounds impressed, surprised, and most of it, interested. He takes back the arm he put around Estela to lean forward on the sofa, putting his elbows on his knees and putting his hands together, observing cautiously the woman.
(Lyle) Oh, really... I'll give you her number, it's up to you to see if she agrees to work with you and lend you her empathy, her Auspex and her knowledge..

He doesn't seem certain that his childe would accept talking to Carrion or meeting with her, but that doesn't seem to interest him. A certain light behind his eyes show he has just learnt something he could use. He's excited and seems to be thinking already about a plan, like all Tremere seem to be doing anyway.
Back to top Go down
eye of the divine
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
eye of the divine

PostSubject: Re: The Regent Grand Hotel   The Regent Grand Hotel - Page 7 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 1:32 pm

Carrion remain impassive to the whole of Lyle's display right up until she spots his interest in her words.

Perception + Alertness >6:

If I don't ask I'll never know. Thank you for your kindness in assisting me.

She hesitates for a moment but asks regardless.

Excuse me but I seem to have said something that has sparked your interest...Maybe I could be of assistance if it's knowledge you're looking for?
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: The Regent Grand Hotel   The Regent Grand Hotel - Page 7 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 1:38 pm

With a smirk, the Tremere extends his hand as he answers her. The first part isn't really a question, but rather a demand to be satisfied at that one instant.
(Lyle) Hand me your phone, I'll add Claudia to your contacts. You already gave me such knowledge, through your inquiry, but don't mind it, it doesn't concern you.

He acts amused, detached, but also quite joyful. It's like he's been given a new toy.

Perception+Alertness>5:

Intelligence+politics>4:

Estela:

Back to top Go down
eye of the divine
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
eye of the divine

PostSubject: Re: The Regent Grand Hotel   The Regent Grand Hotel - Page 7 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 2:44 pm

Fiddling with her clutch for a moment she extracts her pad and paper instead of her phone. She seems very reluctant to be within Lyle's arm reach but doesn't step backwards.

I'm sorry my phone isn't working at the moment can I just jot it down?

She doesn't sound particularly sorry, more like she's just stating facts. She doesn't hold the pen ready to write yet unsure if Lyle would want to do it himself or insist on seeing her phone.

No it doesn't...

There's a sense that she was going to say more but stopped herself before it left her lips.
Back to top Go down
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Nachtrae

PostSubject: Re: The Regent Grand Hotel   The Regent Grand Hotel - Page 7 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 2:48 pm

perception plus alertness > 5:
Estela follows the conversation with a certain interest, her gaze shifting between the two as they speak and react to one another. She displays some surprise that Carrion wants to see Claudia but makes no comment, instead just waiting for Lyle's response, seeing no need to add anything herself. Though she does give a light smile at the Regent's obviously feigned disappointment.
perception + empathy>4 or perception + subterfuge>5:
Her curiosity peeks up a bit for some reason when Lyle mentions he wants the Nosferatu's phone, though is replaced with a small amount of disappointment when she instead takes out a notepad and a pen.

Estela's attention lingers on the pad though, her expression one of mixed feelings, before she looks away, no small amount of frustration appearing.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: The Regent Grand Hotel   The Regent Grand Hotel - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 9:43 am

Curious, amused, the Tremere says nothing about the phone being broken. He does smile as he leans back into the sofa and puts his hand on Estela's opposing shoulder, giving her a knowing smirk in the wake.
(Lyle) Not working, uh. I see. Fine 06...

He dictates a mobile phone number by memory without thinking about it and not even making an effort. He teases, without expecting an answer actually.
(Lyle) I'm not surprised the Nosferatu don't have her phone number. Claudia isn't the kind to need the Hotline services, is she ? Was there something else ?

Back to top Go down
eye of the divine
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
eye of the divine

PostSubject: Re: The Regent Grand Hotel   The Regent Grand Hotel - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 1:23 pm

Carrion writes the number out silently when she's done she immediately places the pad back into the clutch. She notes Lyle's smile silently. With a small shrug she responds to the rhetorical question.

Everyone calls eventually.

When he moves the topic on she responds.

No, that was all thank you for the assistance.

She gives Lyle another slight bow and a nod to Estela but waits to be excused in case there was anything else Lyle or Estela wanted with her.

Perception + Alertness >4:

Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: The Regent Grand Hotel   The Regent Grand Hotel - Page 7 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 8:00 am

The Regent gives a look to Estela ; for him, Carrion may leave, but he lets Estela talk to her if she wishes to.
Back to top Go down
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Nachtrae

PostSubject: Re: The Regent Grand Hotel   The Regent Grand Hotel - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 12:06 pm

Unlike the time before, Estela doesn't tense up when Lyle puts his arm around her shoulders this time. She turns her head to look at him, answering his smirk with a shrug, feigning a complete disinterest. “Well, those things aren't really built to last like they once were apparently. A drop of water might have hit it and short circuited the whole thing.” It's obvious from her tone of voice that she doesn't believe, or even mean, one word of what she just said.
She returns the nod Carrion sends her, giving a not unfriendly smile in the process, signaling that she has no questions or anything for the Nosferatu.

As Carrion makes her leave, as she would certainly do since no person present had any use for her at the moment, Estela once again turns to Lyle. She tilts her head, curiosity in her expression and doesn't wait long with asking.
“So...what was all that about the attack? It didn't sound like you were talking about last night...?”
Back to top Go down
eye of the divine
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
eye of the divine

PostSubject: Re: The Regent Grand Hotel   The Regent Grand Hotel - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 12:27 pm

When Estela talks about the phone Carrion doesn't miss the tone in her voice and can't help but give Estela a look that basically says "yeah I don't have all night to listen to this prattle." When she's finally excused she makes her way out of the room and hotel, she doesn't rush out but there us a certain stiffness to her posture.

Finally when she gets outside she takes her phone out to inspect it. Happy that it works again she dials the number Lyle gave her and when someone picks up she speaks.

phone:
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: The Regent Grand Hotel   The Regent Grand Hotel - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 1:50 pm

The Regent smiles at Carrion excusing her, then once she has left, gives a look to Estela.
(Lyle) Hm, yes, well, we're at war. We are certainly not in a very crucial territory. We had an massive attack in December of last year (somewhere among the 20th or so). We covered it up, remember, I don't recall, I think we used the 'religious uprise against a blasphemous play' excuse.

It's true. The Camarilla used a cover and in the media, the armed attack on the Theatre was excused as extremist fundamentalists of the Catholic-Neo-Nazi movements's youngsters that decided, totally drunk and heavily armed, to take over the Theatre because it had played a contemporary and modern piece in which objects were thrown at the portrait of Jesus.
The Regent smirks at the memory, then gives another look to Estela, a bit more oppressive and staring, before looking away. He takes back his arm and stands up calmly. He doesn't look at Estela when he speaks.

(Lyle) You should go too, and meet with her. Move with the Nosferatu, it's better that Childer don't move alone if the Sabbat is taking action. I'll go back to work so this mess wears down as fast as it can. I trust you'll keep quiet about everything.

Was that a threat ? Or just an affirmation that indeed, she won't say about what happened... He finally offers a look to Estela, a look of someone who's moping up to a certain extent.
(Lyle) Hurry up. I won't be moving anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Nachtrae

PostSubject: Re: The Regent Grand Hotel   The Regent Grand Hotel - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 4:56 pm

Estela gives a look of surprise as Lyle tells of the attack on the Theater, recognition appearing in her eyes when he mentions the cover up story. She gives a slow nod. “Yea, I think I heard about that on the news. That was seriously...” The young vampire shakes her head, running a hand through her short-ish hair. “Wow. That...well, it must've been quite a bitch to cover something like that up.”

She appears disappointed when Lyle, once again, removes his arm from her, and rises from the seat this time. His words are met with a frown of disapproval from the young vampire. She lets a small huff escape her as she crosses her arms, looking away. “Looks to me like she's already gone. Couldn't wait to leave either, from the looks of it.” She turns back to look at him, rising to stand next to him. There's a look of worry on her face though she seems to try and hide it. Estela opens her mouth to say something, then closes it with a shake of her head and a soft chuckle. “I can clearly see that you're struggling with something, but I have this feeling that you're not going to tell me what it is even if I asked.” She gives a small shrug, raising a hand and placing it on his shoulder for only a moment. “Look, I know I'm probably just a kid in your eyes, but it is said that children always speak the truth because they haven't learned to lie yet. Keeping shit bottled up and only dealing with it on your own can really ruin you.”
Estela looks almost defiant as she speaks, almost daring him to wave her words away as stupid, or perhaps even completely ignore them.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: The Regent Grand Hotel   The Regent Grand Hotel - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 1:47 pm

The Regent observes an instant Estela, then offers her a sly smile, amused. He faces her with a smirk. His look does show that he has heard her and weighted her words.
(Lyle) What I need.. Is another drink. I'm obviously not high enough. I'm doing fine, child, I've been doing OK for centuries.

He taps gently the shoulder, then shrugs.
(Lyle) It was a pain to cover up, and I'm afraid it was their plan to begin with. They attacked our influences and our stability, to weaken us and test our hold on the city, considering we have quite a young Prince, and like him, we're quite young on average, compared to other cities. You're quite the attentive type, but you have a 'friend' to go apologize to. I'll see you later.

He moves back towards the door to the Chantry, calmly, as he pulls off the phone from his pocket and have a look at it.
Back to top Go down
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Nachtrae

PostSubject: Re: The Regent Grand Hotel   The Regent Grand Hotel - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 3:36 pm

Estela listens to his answer, appearing to not be fully convinced or at least satisfied by his claims of being alright. “There's a huge difference between doing 'ok' and 'good'.” Her voice is soft as she says this, almost as though she didn't really intend to speak them aloud. She shrugs and shakes her head a little. “Whatever.” She glances to meet his eyes. “Just know that I'm an awfully good listener, and won't ever willingly share another's secrets.” It's a genuine offer to help him should the Regent ever feel the need for a listening ear.

“I'm a people person. Have always been hanging out with all manner of them.” A small shrug. “You learn to spot the little signs in expressions and behaviors that signal something's off or someone's not having any fun. The young vampire looks down at her stained arms and idly scratches at the dried paint. And as a painter you need to be able to pay attention to detail. Sorta. She looks back up, a smile playing along her lips. But thanks for the compliment.” The smile falters when Lyle mentions Claudia, her expression darkening a little until she sighs. “I can't face her. Not yet. Maybe later....”

She watches as Lyle begins to leave, her eyes fixated on his back. Mixed emotions flash over her face, none appearing to be in agreement with him leaving her alone. Estela hangs her head, wrapping her arms around herself, nails digging into the skin of her arms. There's a brief quiver that runs through her as she speaks up, her voice barely a fearful whisper. “Please don't leave me to my own mind and thoughts......” Rather than a request, it sounds more like a desperate plea.
perception + empathy >5:
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: The Regent Grand Hotel   The Regent Grand Hotel - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 9:53 am

The Tremere stops in front of the door and turns around to observe Estela in great detail. He stays silent for an instant, then finally gives a few words. He sounds quite realistic and calm about it, without a hint of sadness, sorrow or even defeatism. He even shows a slight smile as he lets his eyes go from the phone to the woman.
(Lyle) There's no such thing as 'doing good' when you're Kindred, you can just manage to survive and wrap yourself into your hobbies and passing joys.

He stays silent another instant, before letting out a frustrated growl.
(Lyle) Fine, I won't leave you alone. Stay here, I'll be back.

He steps back into the Chantry, only to come out a few minutes later with his touchpad under his arm along with a wireless keyboard. He sits back on the the sofa, letting the tablet on the side and indicates to Estela she can sit next to him, even putting an arm behind the back of the sofa ; (if she's taken a sit to wait, he'll sit next to her).
(Lyle) After all, you've seen me work already, haven't you.
Back to top Go down
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Nachtrae

PostSubject: Re: The Regent Grand Hotel   The Regent Grand Hotel - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 2:37 pm

Estela raises her head when Lyle, a little reluctantly, agrees to stay with her. Open relief washes over her face, and she smiles lightly in genuine gratefulness. As he disappears through the door, she remains where she is, standing and staring at the door. Waiting almost anxiously for him to return, constantly shifting her weight from her left to the right.
Relief returns to her features when the Regent returns, as though part of her had begun to fear that he'd just said he would and didn't mean it in the slightest. Her smile widens slightly and she seats herself next to Lyle. The young vampire does observe him carefully as she seats herself, possibly looking for signs of his opinion on her reaction to him leaving. Something Estela doesn't appear to be to proud off, despite it having the desired results.

“You mean last night, back in St. Eloi?” Her voice is light and cheerful again, with a slight, curious edge to it, as though the last few minutes hadn't happened. “If so, then yea.” She pauses, tilting her head a little and looking at Lyle with an inquisitive look in her eyes. “You controlled that computer with your mind, correct? I'm guessing you could do the same with that pad or say....a cellphone?” She's obviously hinting at Carrion's cellphone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Regent Grand Hotel   The Regent Grand Hotel - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Regent Grand Hotel
Page 7 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next