Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ocean House Hotel minor

Go down 
+9
Claudia
Feral
FallenRaven
8people
redeyesandlonghair
Zer0Morph
Eliza
UncleCruncle
Jad.3
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

Ocean House Hotel minor Empty
PostSubject: Ocean House Hotel minor   Ocean House Hotel minor EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 3:23 pm

When you climb the elevator shaft to the top floor, in the first room on the left is a creepy playbox on the nightstand (you know, the one with a primabalerina); I think it should be playable - I mean, I hear it once, then it's done no more. Am I wrong?
Back to top Go down
UncleCruncle
Ancillae
Ancillae
UncleCruncle

PostSubject: Re: Ocean House Hotel minor   Ocean House Hotel minor EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 6:32 pm

As I recall in the very old patches that thing only played once, its just meant to be played once and it's used by the ghost to test one's curiosity and spook the player. I finished yesterday that quest and I remember going in and as I reached my ear to listen closer BAM a vase hit me in the face, damn horror movies don't scare me like this Hotel did geek.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Eliza

PostSubject: Re: Ocean House Hotel minor   Ocean House Hotel minor EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 2:15 pm

I distinctly remember hearing a music box like that outside the hotel, when you walk to the fence left from the entrance. But I can't verify it, it's been a while since I've taken that much time for the Ocean House... I usually just hurry through it. After 20 or so times, it does get a little ... predictable. Wink
Back to top Go down
UncleCruncle
Ancillae
Ancillae
UncleCruncle

PostSubject: Re: Ocean House Hotel minor   Ocean House Hotel minor EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 2:54 pm

Yeah if you face the Hotel entrance and walk left side and reach the fence that song is being played thou I have no friggin idea where is suppose to come from; maybe from that empty parking lot.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Ocean House Hotel minor   Ocean House Hotel minor EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 11:36 pm

I have to admit to you guys, the first time I played the Ocean House Hotel level, I was in my house alone, in the dark, lights out, wearing loud headphones. Boy was that a mistake. Let's just say on several occasions I had to drop the headphones, walk out of the room and turn on every light in the house... and of course catch my breath and wipe the sweat off my brow. I was sh!tting my pantaloons! affraid
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
redeyesandlonghair
Ancillae
Ancillae
redeyesandlonghair

PostSubject: Re: Ocean House Hotel minor   Ocean House Hotel minor EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 1:00 am

There were two things that really got me in that place. The paper talking about the head in the machine was one. The other was the chaotic kitchen...I actually went "GAAAAAAAH!" while that was happening, and once I crawled back into that safe hole it was a while before I came back out.
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: Ocean House Hotel minor   Ocean House Hotel minor EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 4:52 am

When I got the game my boyfriend-at-the-time was boasting about how he'd completed it. I got through the Ocean House Hotel thinking it was superb and was talking about it to him and asked him a question about Hollywood when he suddenly got exceptionally moody. Finally turning round and telling me to "shut the fuck up"

Turns out he got halfway through the hotel, got chicken, quit and uninstalled the game. lol!
Back to top Go down
FallenRaven
Ancillae
Ancillae
FallenRaven

PostSubject: Re: Ocean House Hotel minor   Ocean House Hotel minor EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 10:25 am

first time i play the hotel i was realy scared by the ghost when it ran across afront of me in the crossing so i quit and did some thing other the rest of the night
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Ocean House Hotel minor   Ocean House Hotel minor EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 10:44 am

8people wrote:

Turns out he got halfway through the hotel, got chicken, quit and uninstalled the game. lol!

Poor, poor boy. You should show him some understanding. Not everyone needs to have balls. In fact, half of humanity doesn't pig
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Ocean House Hotel minor   Ocean House Hotel minor EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 10:52 am

I hate horror movies, and zombie games scare me (I'm more of a CS player than a Silent Hill)..

The very first time I played the Ocean house, I was in the exact same conditions as Zer0 ! But I wasn't scared, for once. The washing machine scared me a bit (I was expecting a zombie or so), but everything was ok.
I think that's because I knew it was a Wraith, and I know Wraith the Oblivion Wink
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Ocean House Hotel minor   Ocean House Hotel minor EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 11:00 am

Claudia wrote:
I hate horror movies, and zombie games scare me (I'm more of a CS player than a Silent Hill)..

The very first time I played the Ocean house, I was in the exact same conditions as Zer0 ! But I wasn't scared, for once. The washing machine scared me a bit (I was expecting a zombie or so), but everything was ok.
I think that's because I knew it was a Wraith, and I know Wraith the Oblivion Wink

Knowleadge sets you above those who don't know. Though it could rob you of some awsomeness. First time I was playing the Hotel I spent a lot of time cautiously exploring. Good it was vanilla, and thus no bloodlose, else I would need whole of Vandal's supply, and him to go with me as a Blooddool.
Laughing
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Ocean House Hotel minor   Ocean House Hotel minor EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 11:09 am

Oh even with bloodloss I look around everything, even if after a few times now I can get the level down in 5 minutes, tops.
I even did it for a guy who used to be a friend because he was really scared (the guy did beleive in ghosts and that his appartment was haunted..).
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Ocean House Hotel minor   Ocean House Hotel minor EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 1:11 pm

Claudia wrote:
I even did it for a guy who used to be a friend because he was really scared (the guy did beleive in ghosts and that his appartment was haunted..).

Poor guy, living in a haunted apartment, believes in ghosts in the first place, and is playing Ocean House... hell no!

I will admit, the scariest part for me was when I was in the boiler room in 3rd person and I could see the ghost murderer carrying the axe creeping towards me around the corner of one of the large pipes. I stood there for like 5 minutes with my .38 pointed at the pipe waiting for him to come around. I was literally shaking... but he never came. I went around the corner after gathering a mass amount of courage and poof he was gone.

At that point I realized I was playing the best game I'd ever played in my life.

Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Ocean House Hotel minor   Ocean House Hotel minor EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 1:37 pm

All this is the reason why I'd love to forget all about the game, and have the first experience of the Hotel once more. Eyes on top of the head, shooting into the thin air... Awesome.
I recommend F.E.A.R. to anyone who can take a little scare.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Ocean House Hotel minor   Ocean House Hotel minor EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 1:48 pm

Oh yes the husband just before turning on the electricity ! I didn't see him the very first time I played him because shadows were horrible and my screen was kind of dirty and small :/
(when you see him when you turn around in some dead ends too, I grabed my severed arm and when for him Very Happy)

I remember I touched my screen when I read the journal Sad

Anyway our feelings to the Ocean House has nothing to do with the glitch, does it ?
Back to top Go down
UncleCruncle
Ancillae
Ancillae
UncleCruncle

PostSubject: Re: Ocean House Hotel minor   Ocean House Hotel minor EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 4:11 pm

The elevator scene where the ghost tells to "be careful", first time I played the game I didn't understand what it meant until I've met my final death under a massive weight of steel, this game will never cease to amaze me Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: Ocean House Hotel minor   Ocean House Hotel minor EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 5:21 pm

If you guys have played Thief 3 - The Shalebridge Cradle is excellent competition on atmosphere Smile
Back to top Go down
mouser9169
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Ocean House Hotel minor   Ocean House Hotel minor EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 4:59 pm

Old thread I know, but the Ocean House has got to be one of the top three atmosphere/settings in any game I've ever played.

Like someone said, watching a horror flick didn't get me as scared as going through that the first time. Now I know to put my headphones on and listen to some ZZ Top or Patti Smith or something.

And if I'm playing a clan with celerity I get to skip the whole chasing the ghost around the laundry room/boiler room part. Bonus. But wouldn't want to miss it the first time. (Kind of the opposite of how playing a Malk for your first playthough kind of ruins all the other clans).

Seeing the dude with the axe in the boiler room was probably the tensest moment for me my first playthrough.
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: Ocean House Hotel minor   Ocean House Hotel minor EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 11:50 pm

mouser9169 wrote:
Seeing the dude with the axe in the boiler room was probably the tensest moment for me my first playthrough.

The first time I played the game, upon entering the Ocean House I saw a glimpse of someone to my right, on the ground floor. I investigated, and heard the female ghost say, "He's watching," which kind of creeped me out a bit I also learned to dodge flying objects very quickly. Then I investigated the left side all the way to the end, and I heard her say "He's here." When I turned around and the guy was standing there with the axe, I attacked immediately... and he disappeared. That raised the hackles on my neck. Here you are, a big bad vamp, and your powers are useless.

To this day, after at least 50-60 playthroughs of Bloodlines on various patches & mods, I still follow the same path (right then left), instead of going straight for the main stairs. It sets the mood for the entire 'level'.
Back to top Go down
Kaiva
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Ocean House Hotel minor   Ocean House Hotel minor EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 9:36 am

Kay maybe this is a glitch or it's me. Multiple playthroughs and I've never seen the axe ghost. Ever. And I've explored the place completely.

On another note I couldn't make it through without loud music in the background and I set my playlist to shuffle. First thing I hear is Slip to The Void by Alter Bridge. There is a god and he's screwing with me.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Ocean House Hotel minor   Ocean House Hotel minor EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 10:10 am

It's not about going everywhere, it's about standing in certain places and watching a certain direction. And not moving except turning around yourself ;-)
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: Ocean House Hotel minor   Ocean House Hotel minor EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 4:31 pm

Kaiva wrote:
Kay maybe this is a glitch or it's me. Multiple playthroughs and I've never seen the axe ghost. Ever. And I've explored the place completely.

Like Claudia said, you have to be in the right place. When you first enter the boiler room in the basement (where you turn the power on), look to your right... you'll see a glimpse of him, through the pipes. But when you round the corner he's gone. The same for the first one I mentioned-- ground floor, all the way to the left until the female ghost says, "He's here." Then turn around immediately. He doesn't glow, like the woman-- she's trying to guide you; he wants to scare you... at least at first. By the time you reach the elevator, he gets nasty.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Ocean House Hotel minor   Ocean House Hotel minor EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 4:56 pm

Check out Malkavian walkthrough on YouTube, I think the player shows it too... You can only see the man twice though, right at the entrance and in the boilerroom.

What always had me pissing myself was the "get out!" thing. That and the toy and its drawing...
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: Ocean House Hotel minor   Ocean House Hotel minor EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 5:38 pm

I think the part that creeped me out the most is after you read about the child's severed head being found in the laundry room (if you bother to read the newspapers). Right after that you hear a noise from the laundry room that sounds like a head rolling around in the dryer. The first time through, I almost didn't want to open the dryer.

Stuff being thrown at me -- lamps, vases, etc. -- didn't scare me... it pissed me off.

I think the part that would scare my character the most is the 'ghostly fire' that actually burns you. Imagine being Kindred, and trying not to frenzy during that part.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Ocean House Hotel minor   Ocean House Hotel minor EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 10:11 am

Yep, the drawing is really creepy.
And the fire... looks like just another illusion, but if you get too close affraid

- geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ocean House Hotel minor   Ocean House Hotel minor Empty

Back to top Go down

Ocean House Hotel minor
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next