Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Venus was her name

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Claudia
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: Venus was her name   Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:46 pm

Yeah, give the PC a walkman or something !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jad.3
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny

PostSubject: Re: Venus was her name   Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:14 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Do you think it would be a good idea to include the hubs (only normal music, not combat music), and if possible the character editor?
No, no, NO! I really enjoy the ambience, always.
On the other hand, if it's done like the clubs, I just don't put in any mp3 and I'm ok.

E: Geez, I do love Hollywood, the music of the faded stars...

Last edited by Jad.3 on Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: Venus was her name   Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:10 pm

z.o.o. wrote:
But, I wonder if you shouldn't just let Childe of Malkav have this one, Zer0Morph? Such a thing would place a premium on his mod and help give us consumers an enticement to make a fair choice between his and yours; with yours currently afforded the most prestige due to its novelty. In short, Childe of Malkav's got that killer bit of sexy and you've got the newness.

Hey it's cool with me, less work for 'ol Zer0 and that's ALWAYS a good thing! Smile

As always, I'll let the majority (and Childe) decide on this one, just know if you want it then I'll be happy to put it in.

Eliza wrote:
I am truly awe-struck. Now I'll go and fantasize about having a Barbie theme-song in LaCroix' office. HA! lol!

I was thinking of having "Blue - The Birthday Massacre" play during the entire game, repeating over and over again as the only song you ever hear. Think that would score points?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Jad.3
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny

PostSubject: Re: Venus was her name   Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:17 pm

z.o.o. wrote:
But, I wonder if you shouldn't just let Childe of Malkav have this one, Zer0Morph? Such a thing would place a premium on his mod and help give us consumers an enticement to make a fair choice between his and yours; with yours currently afforded the most prestige due to its novelty. In short, Childe of Malkav's got that killer bit of sexy and you've got the newness.
Only thing I need in CE is the haggle sys, and I'll play it over, and over, and over, and over,...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
redeyesandlonghair
Ancillae
Ancillae

PostSubject: Re: Venus was her name   Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:36 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:

I was thinking of having "Blue - The Birthday Massacre" play during the entire game, repeating over and over again as the only song you ever hear. Think that would score points?

Yakitty Sax for Malkavians plz, gameplay at 2x speed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine

PostSubject: Re: Venus was her name   Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:11 pm

I see, I'll have to install the custom music on about every map...
And no problem if you don't want a change, you can always keep the vanilla music. Even if you decide to put your own music in. Just leave out file_1.mp3

Btw: Does anybody exactly remember what happens with the music in Glaze when you start a fight there?

- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
z.o.o.
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Venus was her name   Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:12 am

8people wrote:
It's not a competition for the fans affection Rolling Eyes There's already a guide for multiple installations if nothing else - it's not like it's a vital component to either one, it's development and expansion that can benefit both.

But 8people, you must understand. Venus has a rather, I mean is a rather alluring figure. All glory and honor be to her prurient visage, for she is the very embodiment of her own beguiling lilt.

-----

Flourishes furtive as the spider's web, the vowels bind the letters with morning's due.
So slight and so delicate is the gilding of the consonants' lattice, not even Aphrodite could boast of a touch so fair.
English, I beg your approach. Entrap me, reprove me, seduce me.
Bite, off, my, head.

-----

Trust me 8people, Venus holds sway over us men. Like her body, her voice is as sexy as all hell!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian

PostSubject: Re: Venus was her name   Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:48 am

So why would you only want one mod to include an expanded version of her, hmm?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
z.o.o.
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Venus was her name   Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:18 am

8people wrote:
So why would you only want one mod to include an expanded version of her, hmm?

Ostensibly? Justice. As you know, the affect Venus has upon one's memory is indelible and as such, her station carries with it much gravity -- gravity enough to compete for one's attention even while novelty commands an aversion to anything but, itself.

Intrinsically? Pragmatism. Any man worth his salt knows the providence of youth itself is not enough to contend with the demands of over-indulgence. In other words, though I may have two hands I only have one d...well let's just say, the next time I rise with the sun and decide to lay down with my back upon the ground, chin facing north, that I don't want to be missing the parts needed to make a satisfactory sun dial. Wink (I went with winky since the cyclops emoticon would have been much too obtuse, don't you think?)

-----

I tried my damnedest to sound like P.B.S. Did I do alright for a Yank?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: Venus was her name   Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:33 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Btw: Does anybody exactly remember what happens with the music in Glaze when you start a fight there?

When I was creating the new music for Glaze, I found that the "Action" music plays over the regular club music so I had to disable it completely. Now only the club music plays wether your fighting or not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine

PostSubject: Re: Venus was her name   Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:12 pm

I guessed, this would happen, as the scheme 2 is started by the dj hearing combat, but the normal scheme isn't stopped.
Do you know, why there are two entries in the glaze2 scheme? A normal music and a combat one. Which one is actually played? Or does the normal one start, once the fight is over?

- geek

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jad.3
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny

PostSubject: Re: Venus was her name   Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:20 pm

Do you know why, when the Thongs kill the poor dj, *I* lose humanity? Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine

PostSubject: Re: Venus was her name   Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:36 pm

Yes. This is an unintended sideeffect of a function Wesp did for the plus patch. It's intended to make your character loose humanity if he kills a civilian in a combat zone. But as it's called by the character dying, not by you killing him, you also loose humanity if he gets killed by someone else. I don't think there is anything to do about this problem, apart from taking the whole function out.

- geek

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ringo
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: Venus was her name   Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:12 pm

It's not too bad, or too illogical. You do enter The Glaze to kick ass and chew bubblegum (more or less), knowing well that it's packed with innocents. If the PC chooses to take the battle downstairs he/she should understand that civiliands will die.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePhilosopher
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny

PostSubject: Re: Venus was her name   Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:56 pm

What's up with all this fetishism about Venus?

And i agree with Ringo, i think it's okay to leave it as it is. Just don't change every single area of the game to fit Glaze's function . Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine

PostSubject: Re: Venus was her name   Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:36 am

About the humanity loss. It would be no big trouble to take it out just for the Glaze dj. But I completely agree with Ringo and the Philosopher. If you want to paint the walls in crimson, you're not the only one to wield a paintbrush. So a humanity loss is ok. Even if it was not your bullet that killed the man...

"I plead NOT GUILTY. How was I to know, these Tong would use their submashineguns when I started shooting them?"

- geek

P.S.
Anybody know the 80s movie "Water"?
concerning bystanders
US Marines colonel: They're scum!
British SAS major: Yes, but this scum has british passports. So if one of them is to die, it will be by a british bullet.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
redeyesandlonghair
Ancillae
Ancillae

PostSubject: Re: Venus was her name   Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:35 pm

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's seen a hero in a movie or a comic book about to fight a villian, and the villian moves the fight into a crowded public area and the hero says something to the effect of, "Crap! I can't fight him here, there's too many innocent bystanders!" and then take measures to get somewhere safer, even letting the villian beat the snot out of him without retaliation until theyre somewhere safe.

And if that hero were to fight the villian and somehow carelessly lose his awareness of his surroundings, and just as the villian shoots some sort of lazer bolt at him and an innocent gets between them, the hero would defenitely be filled with anguish and blame themselves for the innocent's death!

Vampire Herooooooooooooooo!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian

PostSubject: Re: Venus was her name   Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:26 am

I have no problem with the Humanity loss. That's why I always lure the Tong guys upstairs in Glaze.

The one that grates my nerves is when Mr. Suicidal Zhao gets killed, during the Tong attack on his warehouse. Here I am trying to draw their fire and keep him alive (granted, it's for the extra XP) and he keeps running out of his office and painting a bullseye on his chest. Ungrateful jerk.

BTW, redeyesandlonghair... exceptionally creepy avatar. You're dipping into the 'uncanny valley' effect.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
z.o.o.
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Venus was her name   Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:56 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:
P.S.
Anybody know the 80s movie "Water"?
concerning bystanders
US Marines colonel: They're scum!
British SAS major: Yes, but this scum has british passports. So if one of them is to die, it will be by a british bullet.

What the shit?! Whose Propaganda Machine are you on the ass-end of? Not all tail pipes are safe to wrap your lips around, Malkav. If you would like to see our soldiers making a vile spectacle of war, then (click this link) to a current Rolling Stone article detailing their disgusting behavior.

They are a disgrace to my father's Army.

----------

I mean, don't get me wrong. It's your right, your honor, and your priveledge as a free citizen to suck shit to your heart's content, but you didn't have to go and spit it back out onto this forum. This topic was supposed to be about Venus's sexy ass and now it ain't. My feelings are hurt and it's fuckin' with my hard-on. You see what you did? You've done and fucked up my hard-on.

I'm inconsolable.

Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine

PostSubject: Re: Venus was her name   Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:38 am

PGM,
I can't remember right now if there is a humanity loss for Zhao. If there is, then it was probably put in by Wesp in one of the recent patches and got into CE with the merging.
But I don't think Zhao getting killed should warrant a humanity loss. After all, he admits to be an ex Tong; and he is a combattant, if a realy suicidal one.
So if there is a loss, I'll remove it.

z.o.o.,
Sorry if I hurt your feelings.
The film is a british comedy with the usual kind of cynical british humor. I didn't think about what it looks like without the context.

But to be absolutely honest, I have a very dim view on every army, and especially on the politicians who give their orders. And I truely believe that at least the high ranks, and the politicians do have this view on human lives.
Or do you think, anybody would care shit what happens in Libya, if that country didn't have oil?

- geek

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePhilosopher
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny

PostSubject: Re: Venus was her name   Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:37 am

I don't know of any humanity loss for Zhao, but damn he is hard to save. That suicidal freak, i only made him out alive once, and i think it was in vanilla.

Of course they are bombing Libya to get to oil. "let's save the poor libians from the mean dictator" is just an excuse.
What about Somalia? The country is in civil war ever since 1991 and has no central government controlling the entire nation. Yet no one is trying to "save the lives of the poor somalians", because the country doesn't have any oil.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feral
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: Venus was her name   Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:07 am

ThePhilosopher wrote:
I don't know of any humanity loss for Zhao, but damn he is hard to save. That suicidal freak, i only made him out alive once, and i think it was in vanilla.

Of course they are bombing Libya to get to oil. "let's save the poor libians from the mean dictator" is just an excuse.
What about Somalia? The country is in civil war ever since 1991 and has no central government controlling the entire nation. Yet no one is trying to "save the lives of the poor somalians", because the country doesn't have any oil.

Not to mention Chechenia, Rwanda, Tibet, tribal comunities ot SE Asia, Amazonian Indians getting exterminated, half a dozen African countries... Others, dissmissed!

Sorry for my cynical attitude. Or is it realism?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
z.o.o.
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Venus was her name   Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:03 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:
z.o.o., Sorry if I hurt your feelings. The film is a british comedy with the usual kind of cynical british humor. I didn't think about what it looks like without the context.

But to be absolutely honest, I have a very dim view on every army, and especially on the politicians who give their orders. And I truely believe that at least the high ranks, and the politicians do have this view on human lives.
Or do you think, anybody would care shit what happens in Libya, if that country didn't have oil?

- geek

Satire? Oh...Well, in that case allow me to apologize for being so reactionary. I should know better, my knee should never jerk faster than my hand but, in this case it did.

This Lybian engagement of ours doesn't pass muster within the context of the, "Just War Theory." Also, I think World War II was the last time our Congress voted to enable a declaration of war. Every operation/war we've had in the last 66 years hasn't been philosophically, theologically, or even politically valid and this pisses me off to no end, or, to all get out as some would say in the Midwest.

Long answer based on speculation: Oil.

Short answer based on speculation: A bold-faced threat to Iran and also righteous indignation to countries deemed less harmful to our national security.

Our president's reasons are sound but, he didn't get the approval of Congress which taints everything he does for Operation Odyssey Dawn.

Our soldiers are worn out. He can't go all-in. He needs to call and end to our military offensive now and shift our role into one of intelligence and logistics. "Hey foreign NATO coalition and French good dudes. You want bullets? You want bombs? Get 'em while they're hot! What? A discount? Of course. Wink Wink "
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Venus was her name   Today at 12:36 pm

Back to top Go down

Venus was her name
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2