Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A newbies thoughts

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ventrueboy
Fledgling
Fledgling

A newbies thoughts Empty
PostSubject: A newbies thoughts   A newbies thoughts EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 7:07 am

Just wondering what the possibilities are for a new haven? Specifically in hollywood
The trek back to downtown is annoying
Also how about unlocking the Tremere haven sooner?

In Hollywood the apartment under Tawni sessions' seems ideal, is it possible to say move the floor plan of a suite in the Empire hotel down to that map? Perhaps as a gift from LaCroix for infiltrating Hollywood or from Isaac for rescuing Ash or something?

There was also mentions of Kings Way but I believe thats a headache and a half right there. You'd have to recolor etc so its lest Sabbat decor

Also is it possible to slightly speed up your movement speed while using Celerity just to really emphasize the difference, sometimes I barely notice when it stops working since im still moving as per usual with just a faint haze

Lastly: (promise) Male blood dolls and seduction victims! Come on!!!!!!!! You know you want to!

Oh and the Malkavian armors for the male, seriously 1 and 4 are fine, 2 and 3 suck, they're useless, at least have some sort of parallel to the female malkavians, like a police officer stripper, sexy cowboy, heck even a gimpsuit, there are plenty around!
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

A newbies thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: A newbies thoughts   A newbies thoughts EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 4:31 pm

Ventrueboy wrote:
Just wondering what the possibilities are for a new haven? Specifically in hollywood

In Hollywood the apartment under Tawni sessions' seems ideal, is it possible to say move the floor plan of a suite in the Empire hotel down to that map? Perhaps as a gift from LaCroix for infiltrating Hollywood or from Isaac for rescuing Ash or something?

There was also mentions of Kings Way but I believe thats a headache and a half right there. You'd have to recolor etc so its lest Sabbat decor

Also is it possible to slightly speed up your movement speed while using Celerity just to really emphasize the difference, sometimes I barely notice when it stops working since im still moving as per usual with just a faint haze

Lastly: (promise) Male blood dolls and seduction victims! Come on!!!!!!!! You know you want to!

Oh and the Malkavian armors for the male, seriously 1 and 4 are fine, 2 and 3 suck, they're useless, at least have some sort of parallel to the female malkavians, like a police officer stripper, sexy cowboy, heck even a gimpsuit, there are plenty around!

1. A new haven, not going to happen. The tools I have are extremely limited so making a new haven is pretty much impossible.

2. Unlocking Tremere haven earlier, see answer 1. I wouldn't even know where to start to make this happen.

3. This is a possibility but I've never tampered with Celerity because I feel it's already incredibly powerful. Level 5 Celerity makes bullets come at you at incredibly slow speeds. Making the hazy trail longer is a possibility but again I've always thought Troika nailed Celerity perfectly. Let me know specifically what you would want changed.

4. The problem here is dialogue. Blood dolls must speak so having male blood dolls (though it's a fine idea) poses the problem of dialogue. Where would I get the .wav files for them to speak, then I'd have to figure out how to move their mouths to mimic the speech.

5. Malkavian armor 2 and 3 need replaced? Cool send me the armors you want and I'll see if they fit well into CE. (Remember I need the icons as well).

...and yes I agree, the male Malkavian vanilla skins suck... Level 1 is ok, but 2-4 blow in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Ventrueboy
Fledgling
Fledgling

A newbies thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: A newbies thoughts   A newbies thoughts EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 7:20 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Ventrueboy wrote:

1. A new haven, not going to happen. The tools I have are extremely limited so making a new haven is pretty much impossible.

2. Unlocking Tremere haven earlier, see answer 1. I wouldn't even know where to start to make this happen.

3. This is a possibility but I've never tampered with Celerity because I feel it's already incredibly powerful. Level 5 Celerity makes bullets come at you at incredibly slow speeds. Making the hazy trail longer is a possibility but again I've always thought Troika nailed Celerity perfectly. Let me know specifically what you would want changed.

4. The problem here is dialogue. Blood dolls must speak so having male blood dolls (though it's a fine idea) poses the problem of dialogue. Where would I get the .wav files for them to speak, then I'd have to figure out how to move their mouths to mimic the speech.

5. Malkavian armor 2 and 3 need replaced? Cool send me the armors you want and I'll see if they fit well into CE. (Remember I need the icons as well).

...and yes I agree, the male Malkavian vanilla skins suck... Level 1 is ok, but 2-4 blow in my opinion.
1. Figured as much but thought i'd ask...sigh
2. Well I thought it might involve moving some dialogue and the reward from Strauss' Gargoyle dialogue to the plague bearer quest...still and all...mih...
3. To use film jargon it'd be a slight increase in frames per second/minute, just making you move a tiny it faster while things are in slow motion. Its just a thought but if it aint broke don't fix it I guess.
4. Well I addressed this in cactus' thread: Dennis, Knox, Brian from the house, Vandal perhaps, maybe the sweeper? The Santa Monica Blue Blood, maybe a Giovanni kid or two? Just thoughts, the voices might be editted to say the right things. Plus a gigolo/rent boy may not need to say much and guys in clubs could/are/can be after only one thing
5. Right so theres two sets that are pretty okay:
http://sites.google.com/site/vtmbcompmodhome/outfit-packs-1/nyx
Outifts 3 and 4 are dull but better than what we have, perhaps if the forth outfit in the snapshot on this page were outfit 3 thatd be better? and:
http://www.moddb.com/games/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines/addons/female-malk-pack
I know it says female but if the outfit 2 were switched in for vanilla outfit 2??? hmmm?
And if we could keep the standard hair and glasses and armors 1 and 4 thatd be cool I think. But okay now I am sounding really pushy and picky so sorry
I have new poster syndrome - I'm like a terrier on drugs that can talk...babblebabblebabble

Also looking forward to seeing what you do with Dominate and if Presence can be used (yellow font?) in conversations for persuade/intimidate/seduce bonuses? Depending on level i guess...

Okay shutting up now!!!

Also re: the poster quests is it possible to alter them so that some of the posters might show male character portraits rather than female, i might be able to whip them up in photoshop if its possible to edit them? See there's a fan following for objectifying the males:
http://www.planetvampire.com/files/paine/bloodlines/filepages/635.htm

Okay shutting up NOW i swear!!!
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

A newbies thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: A newbies thoughts   A newbies thoughts EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 9:19 pm

1. Ya I know its a bummer, Troika never gave us tools to allows us delete/create items in maps or even really edit items in maps period, everything we do we do based on obscure numbers and code, it's very confusing once you actually break open a map entity.

2. Hmmm I do understand what you're saying on this, but on the actual "making this happen" verses "what we actually get in return for our work" probably wouldn't balance out at this point. It's funny but some things can take 5 minutes and make a huge difference, where other things can take 1-2 weeks of intense study and testing and be soooo minor you wondered why you killed yourself for something so small.

3. This is a possibility that I'd be willing to put last on my list of things to do. Depending on the complexity on actually making it work properly would be the determining factor on whether or not it actually saw the light of day for CE 1.2.

4. I don't think any of those NPCs you named ever say complete sentences that we could use that would make sense for a blood doll to say. Which means we would have to cut/slice individual phrases and words if we used their voices.... and you have no idea what a pain in the ass that would be, and how time consuming. See answer #2 on Amount of work vs. Payoff....

5. Ok THIS is something I'm willing to bump towards the top of my list of things to do. I do agree with you 100% the male malk skin makes me cry on the inside, I'm sure most players would agree with us on this. Once I finish the Animalism and Dementation overhaul I will start seriously looking for some new clothes for Mr. Malkavian.

6. Burermeister01 and I had a 3am conversation about this on Tuesday. We found the file that dictates the color of text for all of the unique text options so we are set there. Getting presence to reroute to a new color or font and to NOT use dominate's text option would be the question. Since Burger is the dialogue king (w/ CQM n all) I am letting him forefront this, however I would love to make Presence it's own dialogue option. Something we both would like to see happen for CQM and CE.
Back to top Go down
Ventrueboy
Fledgling
Fledgling

A newbies thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: A newbies thoughts   A newbies thoughts EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 10:07 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
1. Ya I know its a bummer, Troika never gave us tools to allows us delete/create items in maps or even really edit items in maps period, everything we do we do based on obscure numbers and code, it's very confusing once you actually break open a map entity.

2. Hmmm I do understand what you're saying on this, but on the actual "making this happen" verses "what we actually get in return for our work" probably wouldn't balance out at this point. It's funny but some things can take 5 minutes and make a huge difference, where other things can take 1-2 weeks of intense study and testing and be soooo minor you wondered why you killed yourself for something so small.

3. This is a possibility that I'd be willing to put last on my list of things to do. Depending on the complexity on actually making it work properly would be the determining factor on whether or not it actually saw the light of day for CE 1.2.

4. I don't think any of those NPCs you named ever say complete sentences that we could use that would make sense for a blood doll to say. Which means we would have to cut/slice individual phrases and words if we used their voices.... and you have no idea what a pain in the ass that would be, and how time consuming. See answer #2 on Amount of work vs. Payoff....

5. Ok THIS is something I'm willing to bump towards the top of my list of things to do. I do agree with you 100% the male malk skin makes me cry on the inside, I'm sure most players would agree with us on this. Once I finish the Animalism and Dementation overhaul I will start seriously looking for some new clothes for Mr. Malkavian.

6. Burermeister01 and I had a 3am conversation about this on Tuesday. We found the file that dictates the color of text for all of the unique text options so we are set there. Getting presence to reroute to a new color or font and to NOT use dominate's text option would be the question. Since Burger is the dialogue king (w/ CQM n all) I am letting him forefront this, however I would love to make Presence it's own dialogue option. Something we both would like to see happen for CQM and CE.

1. Curse you Troikaaaaaaaa! You didn't even make Auspex cool when you made the game - I mean - do you want to make the Mekhet look back and cry!? C'est la Vie. Thats why I wrote a freakin novella story abot VtMB characters getting nicer attributes and havens...sigh..Troika let us down there a bit. Still they delivered on a fantastic game

2. Mih its not biggy just wondering really itd be nice not to be nearly finished the game and getting a new haven relevant only AFTER youve finished up downtown. I pity the Nos a bit more I guess.

3. Seriously its probably not worth it Razz just wondering

4. Actually brian hits on a female PC if she has a decent seduction stat as I recall, same again for Dennis. Those could be used as cores and men can be a LOT easier than women to seduce. Heck its barely seduction. But yeah it has a lot of splicing i guess, though had I the .wav files I might be able to help, I did a little work with sound and splicing during my radio station production. I cant promise anything epic but mbleh... then there's perhaps getting people to record scripts for you pro bono and send em in though I bet thatd be an even bigger pain than one could put in words...curses...foiled again. Male objectification must wait.

5.Yaaaaay I was right. I'll keep an eye out for decent male Malk skins

6. It'd be cool just to be able to seduce/persuade/terrify the hell out of someone that little bit easier...even just a + option to the calculations of stats would be nifty...mbleh i know so little on this front (obviously) its interesting to learn bits and pieces more.

Also: is it possible to alter the posters packet I can't say I've seen any poster pack add ons. I'm just curious coz I might try to make some with photoshop if anyone can confirm whether its doable or not Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

A newbies thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: A newbies thoughts   A newbies thoughts EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 10:27 pm

Ventrueboy wrote:

Also: is it possible to alter the posters packet I can't say I've seen any poster pack add ons. I'm just curious coz I might try to make some with photoshop if anyone can confirm whether its doable or not Very Happy

Actually thats pretty easy. What you would want to do is grab quick n dirty bloodlines tool, unpack a .vpk file and look for the posters used in game. Extract that content out, convert the .ttz into a .tga (using the same quick n dirty tool), then you can play with the .tga in photoshop all you want.

Make sure to keep the file the same size physically, meaning don't enlarge or shrink the picture, it could cause issues. If you aren't sure what to do after that, email em to me and I can convert them back to .ttz/.tth files and check em out.

I believe vampireheaven or some such site had some poster pack mods available but i'm not sure where, i've never been much on poster modifications, but to each his own.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A newbies thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: A newbies thoughts   A newbies thoughts Empty

Back to top Go down

A newbies thoughts
Page 1 of 1