Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

College / Akeem's Library

Go down 
+4
Nezumi
ThePhilosopher
Zer0Morph
Jad.3
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

College / Akeem's Library Empty
PostSubject: College / Akeem's Library   College / Akeem's Library EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 3:42 pm

Q: Are those two gonna be ballanced?
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: College / Akeem's Library   College / Akeem's Library EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 3:45 pm

The online college is exclusive to CE only, it won't exist in TFN. The way to raise your stats with money is done by Lore Books in TFN (aka Akeem's Library).

Trip will sell the (4) Low Grade books at Trip's Pawn Shop and Akeem will sell the Mid-High Grade books in downtown LA. The idea was to create 3 new NPCs, one in SM, one in LA, and one in HW, that would sell the books, however we ran out of time and voice actors after Akeem was finished.

I would still like to have the 3 new vendors in future versions as well as make them quest givers too. We'll see how it plays out.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: College / Akeem's Library   College / Akeem's Library EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 6:58 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:

I would still like to have the 3 new vendors in future versions as well as make them quest givers too. We'll see how it plays out.

I foresee more lip files for me in the future...
I am peeved.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: College / Akeem's Library   College / Akeem's Library EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 11:13 pm

ThePhilosopher wrote:
I foresee more lip files for me in the future...
I am peeved.

LOL, actually I may have some good news about lip files. Turns out we can download the Source SDK software via steam and have it calculate the lip files for us. With some minor tweaking I would like to go that route next time. I'll see if I can get it installed and go from there. If I can get it working, then you won't have to do anymore lip files, and I can fire you... LOL J/K Razz
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: College / Akeem's Library   College / Akeem's Library EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 6:48 pm

What books can I expect? Vanilla ones?
Back to top Go down
Nezumi
Elder
Elder
Nezumi

PostSubject: Re: College / Akeem's Library   College / Akeem's Library EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 8:48 am

Zer0Morph wrote:
The online college is exclusive to CE only, it won't exist in TFN. The way to raise your stats with money is done by Lore Books in TFN (aka Akeem's Library).

Trip will sell the (4) Low Grade books at Trip's Pawn Shop and Akeem will sell the Mid-High Grade books in downtown LA. The idea was to create 3 new NPCs, one in SM, one in LA, and one in HW, that would sell the books, however we ran out of time and voice actors after Akeem was finished.

Hm.. I've always wanted to offer my services as a voice actor, too bad I'm Australian and have no recording equipment.. Best I could do would be a surfer or something.. but then I have no idea of the 'surfer' style speech..

Sorry to be off topic but hey..
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: College / Akeem's Library   College / Akeem's Library EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 9:15 am

Nezumi wrote:

Hm.. I've always wanted to offer my services as a voice actor, too bad I'm Australian and have no recording equipment.. Best I could do would be a surfer or something.. but then I have no idea of the 'surfer' style speech..

Don't worry, most of the forum members wouldn't tell apart surfer from a skater. Let alone by accent. lol!
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: College / Akeem's Library   College / Akeem's Library EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 9:16 am

Yeah most members of the forum are not even native English speakers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: College / Akeem's Library   College / Akeem's Library EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 9:31 am

Nezumi,
perhaps we can make a quest, involving some guy who wants to set up a roo-burger booth on the Santa Monica beach bounce

- geek
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: College / Akeem's Library   College / Akeem's Library EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 11:17 am

Jad.3 wrote:

Fortunately no, each book was carefully looked at and the stats were tweaked to make it work with TFN. All the books have been reskinned, stat adjusted, etc... to make it more appealing to players who wish to play a "Finance-Saavy" character earning XP through money.

Right now there are a total of 12 books and if I can make it work, I would like to add even more with the occult items that were thrown out. We'll see if that's possible for 1.1.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: College / Akeem's Library   College / Akeem's Library EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 12:18 pm

Shouldn't be a problem, turning any item_g or item_p into a skillbook. Money items and keys won't work. Armor or weapons probably will, but it would look funny in the inventory.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: College / Akeem's Library   College / Akeem's Library EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 5:41 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Jad.3 wrote:

Fortunately no, each book was carefully looked at and the stats were tweaked to make it work with TFN. All the books have been reskinned, stat adjusted, etc... to make it more appealing to players who wish to play a "Finance-Saavy" character earning XP through money.

Right now there are a total of 12 books and if I can make it work, I would like to add even more with the occult items that were thrown out. We'll see if that's possible for 1.1.
That's what I want to play; and I'm total munchkin, so I wanted to know which books I can count on Wink
Back to top Go down
Nezumi
Elder
Elder
Nezumi

PostSubject: Re: College / Akeem's Library   College / Akeem's Library EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 8:06 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Nezumi,
perhaps we can make a quest, involving some guy who wants to set up a roo-burger booth on the Santa Monica beach bounce

- geek

Heh, roo meat is not as easy to get here then you'd think, selling it overseas is even more difficult.. but for the record, Aussie accents really stand out, its like a stoner accent, it's almost instantly recognisable...>>
Back to top Go down
Ringo
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: College / Akeem's Library   College / Akeem's Library EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 12:12 pm

Nezumi wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:
Nezumi,

- geek

Heh, roo meat is not as easy to get here then you'd think, selling it overseas is even more difficult.. but for the record, Aussie accents really stand out, its like a stoner accent, it's almost instantly recognisable...>>
Mmm, I watched Prisoner: Cell block H every night when they aired it in sweden. Sure I recognise it, but for me, aussie accent is more like middle age jailbird accent.

Lot's of books works for me, Zer0Morph. The more the merrier!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: College / Akeem's Library   College / Akeem's Library Empty

Back to top Go down

College / Akeem's Library
Page 1 of 1