Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 (Fixed) Thanatosis feels OP

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jad.3
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny


Posts : 1982
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 34
Location : near Prague

PostSubject: (Fixed) Thanatosis feels OP   Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:21 am

Three levels, and I can take anything fightable in the game.
One on one, easy. I drain his stats and he goes down.
One on many, easy too, drain one, kill rest.

Will post after Ming Xiao.
Discuss.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4245
Join date : 2009-09-10
Age : 37
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: (Fixed) Thanatosis feels OP   Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:49 pm

I just rolled a Samedi myself and I'm kind've thinking Thanatosis is a bit OP as well. I was thinking about making Necrosis (Tier 2) cost 1 blood instead of free, or diluting the bonuses to Stamina and Strength down a little.

Which would you prefer?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Jad.3
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny


Posts : 1982
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 34
Location : near Prague

PostSubject: Re: (Fixed) Thanatosis feels OP   Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:33 pm

Definitely a blood cost.
How would you temper it down?

Haven't tried Thn 4 yet, but it seems weaker compared to level 3. Perhaps mixing it a bit? To tell the truth I really don't know, I'd love to read what others have to say about it.
Edit: Shorten the duration? Yes, it seems reasonable. Blood cost and, say, 45 seconds for those two?


Last edited by Jad.3 on Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : A lightbulb appeared above my head.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4245
Join date : 2009-09-10
Age : 37
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: (Fixed) Thanatosis feels OP   Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:59 pm

Ok, here’s what I did. I like the 60 second bonus that you get for using Necrosis and Enervation because then you don’t have to spam the attacks (I always hated short duration disciplines for this reason). However, I agree that they were a bit over powered and seemed even better than Tier 4. Here’s the old way and the new way.

Old Way
Necrosis – Cost 0 Blood: 40% Chance to drain 3 Stamina, 40% Chance to drain 4 Stamina, 20% Chance to drain 5 Stamina
Enervation - Cost 1 Blood: 40% Chance to drain 3 Strength, 40% Chance to drain 4 Strength, 20% Chance to drain 5 Strength

New Way (More Balanced)
Necrosis – Cost 1 Blood: 40% Chance to drain 2 Stamina, 40% Chance to drain 3 Stamina, 20% Chance to drain 4 Stamina
Enervation - Cost 1 Blood: 40% Chance to drain 2 Strength, 40% Chance to drain 3 Strength, 20% Chance to drain 4 Strength

How does that look, any better? I think this is more fair personally.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Jad.3
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny


Posts : 1982
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 34
Location : near Prague

PostSubject: Re: (Fixed) Thanatosis feels OP   Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:03 pm

Yes... I like it, seems reasonable.
Well, usually they've short duration 'cause they're powerful. Like Thanatosis Smile That's my piece.

Q: What happens if I hit that 20% and the target has only stamina of 3? Smile


Last edited by Jad.3 on Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Hands faster than brains.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4245
Join date : 2009-09-10
Age : 37
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: (Fixed) Thanatosis feels OP   Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:09 pm

PM me about it... Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4245
Join date : 2009-09-10
Age : 37
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: (Fixed) Thanatosis feels OP   Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:35 pm

Ok I just officially updated Thanatosis with the new settings. I'm going to mark this thread as done.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: (Fixed) Thanatosis feels OP   Today at 8:17 pm

Back to top Go down
 
(Fixed) Thanatosis feels OP
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» (Fixed) Norton doesn't like TFN!
» TV Show and Movie "Feels" Moments
» Xbox One is Fixed
» "All compiler errors have to be fixed before you can enter playmode!"
» Discipline: Thanatosis

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: The Final Nights Forum :: BETA Testing TFN 1.4 (Locked)-
Jump to: