Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Salubri

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
iamnuff
Ancillae
Ancillae
iamnuff

Salubri  Empty
PostSubject: Salubri    Salubri  EmptyTue May 03, 2011 8:37 pm

just started a character, took a look at Obeah,

i was expcting a full disipline of healing stuff, but instead we get "sight beyond sight" (does what exactly? is it anything like auspex, we also have that)

quell the beast +2 to frenzy checks. is frenzy more of a threat in TFN? i never frenzied once in vanilla or CE (and Salubri get +2 to frenzy checks anyway)

then its the far more useful heal, soak and melee boosters.

so yeah, unexpected, and what exactly does the first power DO?

also, Salubri arm tats? seem to be bugged at the elbow, atleast in cutscenes

Last edited by iamnuff on Tue May 03, 2011 9:25 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : sounded too whiny)
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Salubri  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salubri    Salubri  EmptyTue May 03, 2011 10:06 pm

Sight beyond sight means you can detect the auras of others, and even let's you kind've see in the dark. You can spot the auras of others, Kindred and Kine from a good distance, but can't see through walls like Auspex.

Quell the Beast is VERY handy, especially when you're low on blood or Humanity. Frenzy is a huge threat in TFN, it's very unforgiving especially when taking large amounts of damage or are going hungry. How many times have I died because I was shot or hungry and went into frenzy to lose control of my character and die. Too many! You will find this discipline very handy in large battles.

Tier 3-5 are self explanatory and are extremely beneficial. Only downside of Obeah is that it's visual, everyone can see it's effects so you can't use it around Kine without breaking the Masquerade.

The tattoos may look strange in the cutscene, but look normal in game, not sure why it stretches for cut scenes.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Divine Shadow
Fledgling
Fledgling

Salubri  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salubri    Salubri  EmptyTue May 03, 2011 10:26 pm

Frenzy is fun, once i made a Frenzy Gangrel on Nighmare mod (low humanity and got rid of any item that improves frenzy checks) was actually quite fun to play with.
Back to top Go down
iamnuff
Ancillae
Ancillae
iamnuff

Salubri  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salubri    Salubri  EmptyWed May 04, 2011 6:55 am

"quite fun"

dont you completly lose control of your character?

sounds annoying to me.

think i frenzied once on a diffrent character, fighting that ninja guy in "foxxy boxes"

my character just freaked out and started attacking the walls with his bare hands, i almost died.

worst. survival instinct. EVER

might have been more useful if i was fighting a guy who actually comes in to melee range ever now and then. Sad

but more ontopic, do you frenzy more often in TFN? is +2 to frenzy checks more of a big deal than it seems?

oh, and i noticed that all the diffrent powers are rolled in to one disipline, thats cool, i hate it when i have to active like 4 of them before the fighting starts.

the "sight" part seems to be like auspex except you cant see THROUGH things any more. is that right?

on a completly unrelated sidenote,: did you make stealth harder? it took be about 10 tries to get past the first stealth mission in the tutorial, then again with the "throw a tin can" bit,

the AI seems a little smarter, they just LOOK at the sound, they dont actually move, so its tricky to get him away from the door,
Back to top Go down
Divine Shadow
Fledgling
Fledgling

Salubri  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salubri    Salubri  EmptyWed May 04, 2011 7:05 am

its fun when your character doesnt punch the wall. Activate Fortitude, protean-frenzy and go into a room full of guys with machine guns. Your soak feats are sky high and as u get +5 to your physical attributes while frenzied u are almost immune:) Character tears them to shreds.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Salubri  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salubri    Salubri  EmptyWed May 04, 2011 7:06 am

I always had my characters frenzy in the warrens for some reason. The big guys with aggravated damage hurt me, but going after rats makes me lol :-)

(frenzy-based characters are awesome in vanilla, especially Gangrel)
Back to top Go down
iamnuff
Ancillae
Ancillae
iamnuff

Salubri  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salubri    Salubri  EmptyWed May 04, 2011 7:21 am

Divine Shadow wrote:
its fun when your character doesnt punch the wall. Activate Fortitude, protean-frenzy and go into a room full of guys with machine guns. Your soak feats are sky high and as u get +5 to your physical attributes while frenzied u are almost immune:) Character tears them to shreds.

does it like, seek out the enemies? i thought it just made you attack at random

@Zer0Morph

if your starving then you can't activate a disciple can you?

or do you mean when you only have a little blood left?

do you not die when you blood hits 0 anyway? i never let it get that low, (bloodpacks FTW)

i kinda play on the stright and narrow, i normally have about 6 humanity at min, and i never get masqurade violations (no reason to, most of the violations you get from dialoge seemed REALLY stupid things to say and you never need to activate you disiplines out of combat, (do you ever get attacked in masqurade areas anyway?) and if you need to kill a kine then just headshot them with a shotgun at point blank range, then head for the sewers.

so i dont have a lot of experiance with frenzy.

then again my first character was a brujha who managed to become a ventrue somehow midway through the haunted hotel quest
and my second was a stealth based malk.

the warrens never bothered me, invisible malk with a shotgun takes down anything before it can see you then bloodpacks and bloodheal for any damage i take.

freaky as hell but not really a challenge.

guess we shall see if i can hack it with my new character
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Salubri  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salubri    Salubri  EmptyWed May 04, 2011 1:06 pm

@iamnuff

When I said hungry I meant low blood, but starving could be considered no blood too. Either way, as your character gets hungrier, frenzy checks are made more often increasing the chance to frenzy. Having a +2 vs. frenzy is very nice indeed.

You don't need to say stupid things to Kine in dialogue to get a Masquerade Violation with Salubri. Because the Salubri can heal the sick and deranged they can also incur a Violation when performing Obeah on Kine. It nets you extra XP, but also gives you a Masquerade Violation.
Back to top Go down
iamnuff
Ancillae
Ancillae
iamnuff

Salubri  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salubri    Salubri  EmptyWed May 04, 2011 1:11 pm

cool, might get to see some hunters in TFN then,

but about the frenzy check thing

what i mean is, if your low on blood and think you might start frenzying wouldnt making youself LOWER on blood be counterproductive? i mean, it only lasts like 1 min or so. then you would be even worse off than before you used it, because you would have less blood.

i suppose if you KNOW when your going to need to make a frenzy check, but i cant tell that.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Salubri  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salubri    Salubri  EmptyWed May 04, 2011 1:17 pm

The frenzy checks become more frequent the lower your blood is, they don't become harder. Having an automatic +2 vs. frenzy checks then adding the +2 from Active Obeah basically makes you immune from frenzying. I personally would rather have Obeah activated with 3 blood left in my pool than NOT having Obeah activated with 4 blood in my pool.

Plus that gives you more time to find blood, just don't be seen by mortals before you find blood with Obeah activated. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Salubri  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salubri    Salubri  Empty

Back to top Go down

Salubri
Page 1 of 1