Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Another alternative in 'Original Gangster'

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Threefang
Fledgling
Fledgling

Another alternative in 'Original Gangster' Empty
PostSubject: Another alternative in 'Original Gangster'   Another alternative in 'Original Gangster' EmptyFri May 06, 2011 10:15 am

I was playing through the 'Original Gangster' mission yesterday and I've got to admit it seems a lot more difficult now than it ever was, especially if we're trying to keep Zhao alive. I tried several different tactics, from jumping into the fray to draw the Tong's attention away from Zhao to standing in front of him to receive all the bullets; needless to say we both died many glorious deaths. Smile

That was until I figured out that I could prevent Zhao and the Tongs from engaging in a fire fight by stoping Zhao from getting to his office window and firing the first shot (done through a combination of positioning and Phobia), this gave me the opportunity to handle the Tong through stealth as long as none of the Tong got too close to the office otherwise the fire fight would start up again. And personally I found it very enjoyable being stealthy and picking the Tong off one-by-one as they strayed too far from the safety of the herd. Twisted Evil

So after all this what is my idea? Well why not have the opportunity during the dialogue with Zhao to tell him to hide in the corner or away from the windows so our combat challenged characters have the opportunity to handle the mission in a way that suits them and still be able to save Zhao.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Another alternative in 'Original Gangster'   Another alternative in 'Original Gangster' EmptyFri May 06, 2011 10:54 am

That sounds like a good idea, the only problem I can see is making him move after dialogue. I can set the dialogue to execute the script for him to move but I wouldn't know how to write the script. Maybe Childe of Malkav could figure it out.

Another alternative would be for him to never fire at the Tong by making him non-agressive towards them. I could program that, would that do the same thing?
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Threefang
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Another alternative in 'Original Gangster'   Another alternative in 'Original Gangster' EmptyFri May 06, 2011 11:28 am

I think the idea of him being non-aggressive may work since I'm fairly sure he was the one who triggered the shootouts by always being the first to shoot, although I could be wrong.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Another alternative in 'Original Gangster'   Another alternative in 'Original Gangster' EmptyFri May 06, 2011 12:08 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
That sounds like a good idea, the only problem I can see is making him move after dialogue. I can set the dialogue to execute the script for him to move but I wouldn't know how to write the script. Maybe Childe of Malkav could figure it out.

Another alternative would be for him to never fire at the Tong by making him non-agressive towards them. I could program that, would that do the same thing?
I have tried with interesting places. That does not work. Some other script might do the trick.
But if I recall right, Zhao is the Tongs primary target. I think Tong vs Zhao is hostility 10, Tong vs player only 5. If we change that, it might help. Depending on how it's programmed, perhaps I could even make Zhao frightened as the result of a certain dialog option.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Another alternative in 'Original Gangster'   Another alternative in 'Original Gangster' EmptyFri May 06, 2011 12:14 pm

Childe,

I assume giving the player extra XP for protecting Zhao would be in order right? Otherwise what's the point of trying to protect him. (Or at least some sort of incentive, like money, weapons, etc....)
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Another alternative in 'Original Gangster'   Another alternative in 'Original Gangster' EmptyFri May 06, 2011 12:21 pm

Well, in the plus patch you get 2 xp for surviving, and 3 for surviving with Zhao alive. I'm not sure about CE 1.2, and therefore TFN.
My personal opinion is that an extra xp or two for keeping him alive is in order.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Another alternative in 'Original Gangster'   Another alternative in 'Original Gangster' EmptyFri May 06, 2011 1:29 pm

I have started some tests. It's actually easy to make the player the main target, so the Tong almost forget about Zhao once they see the player.
Setting Zhao to fear the Tong doesn't help. The map scripts force him to fight anyway.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another alternative in 'Original Gangster'   Another alternative in 'Original Gangster' Empty

Back to top Go down

Another alternative in 'Original Gangster'
Page 1 of 1