Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 The clans: Followers of Set

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine


Posts : 5165
Join date : 2009-11-05
Location : Bochum, Germany

PostSubject: The clans: Followers of Set   Thu May 12, 2011 8:03 pm

I've just read the description of this clan. And now I'm asking myself wouldn't it be fitting for a setite, not to interfere with the brotherhood of the ninth circle?

- alien

_________________
- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Claudia
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4887
Join date : 2010-01-30
Age : 28
Location : France

PostSubject: Re: The clans: Followers of Set   Fri May 13, 2011 12:52 am

Actually I think the Baali would like it more than the Sethites;

The Sethites would step in because dead and deceased do not bring corruption in the world ; they don't owe them, so they can't use them later on ! A sethite manipulates, and killing someone means losing potential favors and blackmail opportunities.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine


Posts : 5165
Join date : 2009-11-05
Location : Bochum, Germany

PostSubject: Re: The clans: Followers of Set   Fri May 13, 2011 3:30 am

I see, and blackmailing someone who intends to "end the world" by killing everybody isn't that easy.

- geek

_________________
- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eye of the divine
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny


Posts : 1375
Join date : 2012-03-13
Age : 28
Location : Essex, United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: The clans: Followers of Set   Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:05 pm

Claudia wrote:
Actually I think the Baali would like it more than the Sethites;

The Sethites would step in because dead and deceased do not bring corruption in the world ; they don't owe them, so they can't use them later on ! A sethite manipulates, and killing someone means losing potential favors and blackmail opportunities.

Baali are attracted to the faithful, they like to turn that faith into worship of them. It wouldn't surprise me if Baali started the Brotherhood and later left to not alert the Camarilla of the bad effects that happen to Kine when they're around for too long.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://eyeofthedivine.tumblr.com
Voraxith
Antediluvian
Antediluvian


Posts : 799
Join date : 2012-03-20
Age : 35
Location : Boise, Idaho

PostSubject: Re: The clans: Followers of Set   Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:22 pm

That's the problem of inserting Independents into Bloodlines. The game and its quests were designed from a Camarilla perspective. The only way to justify a Setite's or Baali's involvement in this particular quest is either a) preservation of the Masquerade to protect themselves, or b) because they have not been properly mentored by another of their clan (thus effectively making them Caitiff), they are forced to go along with the customs of the local Kindred. Either way, I still love the old idea of a Baali in TFN getting messages, either in email or book format, from a hidden clan-mate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eye of the divine
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny


Posts : 1375
Join date : 2012-03-13
Age : 28
Location : Essex, United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: The clans: Followers of Set   Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:34 pm

Voraxith wrote:
That's the problem of inserting Independents into Bloodlines. The game and its quests were designed from a Camarilla perspective. The only way to justify a Setite's or Baali's involvement in this particular quest is either a) preservation of the Masquerade to protect themselves, or b) because they have not been properly mentored by another of their clan (thus effectively making them Caitiff), they are forced to go along with the customs of the local Kindred. Either way, I still love the old idea of a Baali in TFN getting messages, either in email or book format, from a hidden clan-mate.

I'd still like to think a Baali caused all that trouble Very Happy Even if they aren't there to see the fruits of their labours. It also makes me wonder if its happening in other cities as well.

I haven't played TFN yet, I'm waiting on my new PC so I can play it, that sounds like a lot of fun though Smile I will deffo have to give that clan a go now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://eyeofthedivine.tumblr.com
Dragatus
Caine
Caine


Posts : 2151
Join date : 2011-12-05

PostSubject: Re: The clans: Followers of Set   Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:17 am

The Baali bloodline is getting some love in TFN 1.2 with more balanced strengths and flaws, Daimonion being more useful against supernaturals, and a female model. You might want to save the Baali playtrhough for when it's released and play something else instead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Voraxith
Antediluvian
Antediluvian


Posts : 799
Join date : 2012-03-20
Age : 35
Location : Boise, Idaho

PostSubject: Re: The clans: Followers of Set   Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:54 am

I must confess that the one and only time that I've played the game all the way to completion was as a Baali in TFN 1.0 - it was a very enjoyable experience, but I've found that in the cases of linear games that have a definitive end, I tend to lose interest after a while. Hence why I'm still so glued to Skyrim: SOOOOO much to do, with nary an end in sight. Though there was a certain sense of accomplishment in flipping off Nines and hearing Lacuna Coil play over the end credits as LaCroix burned to the ground...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eye of the divine
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny


Posts : 1375
Join date : 2012-03-13
Age : 28
Location : Essex, United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: The clans: Followers of Set   Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:27 am

Dragatus wrote:
The Baali bloodline is getting some love in TFN 1.2 with more balanced strengths and flaws, Daimonion being more useful against supernaturals, and a female model. You might want to save the Baali playtrhough for when it's released and play something else instead.

Ahhh neto I will probably hold out then so I can play a female version.

Voraxith wrote:
I must confess that the one and only time that I've played the game all the way to completion was as a Baali in TFN 1.0 - it was a very enjoyable experience, but I've found that in the cases of linear games that have a definitive end, I tend to lose interest after a while. Hence why I'm still so glued to Skyrim: SOOOOO much to do, with nary an end in sight. Though there was a certain sense of accomplishment in flipping off Nines and hearing Lacuna Coil play over the end credits as LaCroix burned to the ground...

Each to their own I say Very Happy Personally I only completed it as a Nosferatu all the way through, I never managed to get all the way through with any of the other clans.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://eyeofthedivine.tumblr.com
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine


Posts : 5165
Join date : 2009-11-05
Location : Bochum, Germany

PostSubject: Re: The clans: Followers of Set   Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:07 pm

And I never got a Nossie even through Santa Monica. I just can't stand the sewers.

- geek

_________________
- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eye of the divine
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny


Posts : 1375
Join date : 2012-03-13
Age : 28
Location : Essex, United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: The clans: Followers of Set   Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:44 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
And I never got a Nossie even through Santa Monica. I just can't stand the sewers.

- geek

Not many people like the nossies Smile I can understand why and I bet missed out on a lot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://eyeofthedivine.tumblr.com
Voraxith
Antediluvian
Antediluvian


Posts : 799
Join date : 2012-03-20
Age : 35
Location : Boise, Idaho

PostSubject: Re: The clans: Followers of Set   Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:12 pm

Eventually, I want to do a complete Nossie, Malk, and Tremere playthrough. And you can bet your sweet ass I'll be doing another Baali (female, this time) once TFN 1.2 is released. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The clans: Followers of Set   Today at 11:08 pm

Back to top Go down
 
The clans: Followers of Set
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» The clans: Followers of Set
» DOOM CLANS ARE THE BEST
» Old clans and Old favorite parts
» Lord of the Clans Beta
» iPhone app: Clash of Clans

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: Team Camarilla International Forum :: Bloodlines and the p&p Game-
Jump to: