Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Unofficial Content Options

Go down 
+5
YamiRaziel
Jimmyto
Childe of Malkav
Zer0Morph
malhavoc
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
malhavoc
Neonate
Neonate
malhavoc

Unofficial Content Options Empty
PostSubject: Unofficial Content Options   Unofficial Content Options EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 3:28 am

Now I for one, am a huge fan of mods. The Unofficial Patches for VtM: Bloodlines were godsends to me, reviving an old game that I adored but was quickly losing that lasting appeal. The bug fixes and the extra content in the + versions had me going through things all over again (cause I am just that OCD). CE was icing on my VtM revival. The new mechanics, imagery, disciplines, and more, gave a fresh coat of paint to this older classic game.

I have asked once before in another thread, but this is making it official. I am thinking of CE+ versions to go with the Unofficial Patches+. I am unsure how much work this might involve, but even a few holdovers would rock my world! (Like saving Heather, the Dragon's Breath, maybe a quest or two.)

I only toss this out there as a request and suggestion. I imagine a full + version of CE would take a bit of doing, but one can dream right?

Thanks again to the team that makes this all possible!
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Content Options   Unofficial Content Options EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 5:29 am

malhavoc wrote:
Now I for one, am a huge fan of mods. The Unofficial Patches for VtM: Bloodlines were godsends to me, reviving an old game that I adored but was quickly losing that lasting appeal. The bug fixes and the extra content in the + versions had me going through things all over again (cause I am just that OCD). CE was icing on my VtM revival. The new mechanics, imagery, disciplines, and more, gave a fresh coat of paint to this older classic game.

I have asked once before in another thread, but this is making it official. I am thinking of CE+ versions to go with the Unofficial Patches+. I am unsure how much work this might involve, but even a few holdovers would rock my world! (Like saving Heather, the Dragon's Breath, maybe a quest or two.)

I only toss this out there as a request and suggestion. I imagine a full + version of CE would take a bit of doing, but one can dream right?

Thanks again to the team that makes this all possible!

Malhavoc,

First I must say I love your avatar picture, thats freakin halarious! Everytime I see that I giggle. geek

Hey I'm all for this idea! I just wish someone else would do it, if I wasn't so burned out on modding I'd jump on this asap. The "Saving Heather" idea was brought up awhile back and I spoke with Wesp about it, as best as I could. He wasn't all that forth coming and his explanations on what I needed to do exactly where vague at best.

I asked him to simply email me a .zipped package of what I needed because I couldn't understand his vagueness and he simply replied with more vagueness, no package. I'm not sure if he deep down doesn't want us using his content for CE or if he just has problems in the social skills department, I'm not sure. I don't want to rag on the guy as he's done a huge service for the VTMB Community, but I was a little disappointed on how he handled my request because I was looking forward to "Saving Heather" also.

Same thing goes with the Poster Quest and the Dragon's Breath. For me to put that into CE means I have to tear apart the 6.5+ Mod and I don't want to lead anyone on by saying sure that sounds great and it never comes. I'm not saying I'll never take a stab at it, but truly guys my head is blown at this point on modding Bloodlines. This project has lasted MUCH MUCH longer than I wanted it too, however the reward has been 10 fold!! I have no regrets...

After CE 1.2 is through the Beta Testing Stage I will support CE 1.2, troubleshoot it, fix bugs we catch after release, etc.... but I doubt I will have much interest in "Creating" for awhile. By no means am I saying I won't in the future, infact I know I will, CE has just been too fun, and the CE boards, man I love your posts. We're still getting 5-10 new members weekly and I can't walk away from that.

I guess let's put it this way, if Wesp could provide me exactly what I need to implement those ideas, it's done hands down no question they would be in CE right away. But because I don't have that support from him I have to do it the hard way and I just don't want to right now.

Thats honest right? rendeer
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Content Options   Unofficial Content Options EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 6:42 pm

I can't say for sure, but perhaps Wesp was just busy. He released 6.6 on Monday.

If you send me a copy of his mail, I might be able to do the necessary changes as I have both, CE and 6.5Plus installed.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Content Options   Unofficial Content Options EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 12:59 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:
I can't say for sure, but perhaps Wesp was just busy. He released 6.6 on Monday.

If you send me a copy of his mail, I might be able to do the necessary changes as I have both, CE and 6.5Plus installed.

Actually I sent him a PM on planetvampire and he never responded, thats when I tried to reach out to him in a general post. He responded to those but gave me very vague answers, not enough to really be of any help.
Back to top Go down
malhavoc
Neonate
Neonate
malhavoc

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Content Options   Unofficial Content Options EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 1:56 am

So either he was busy, doesn't know WTF, or doesn't wanna bother with it. All of these possibilities make Malhavoc a sad panda. If he does make a turnaround and help, do you think things might change?
Back to top Go down
Jimmyto
Neonate
Neonate
Jimmyto

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Content Options   Unofficial Content Options EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 2:06 am

Oh man saving heather would be awesome, you know without the whole letting her go thing, i remember the first time i was playing through the game i was just running through the sabbath hideout with celerity and guns killing the ones in the way and passing through to were i needed to go, then i get lower and there's heather screaming and then they kill her, and that just pissed me off so i took out the katana and started killing every scum in there, i searched the hotel for every single one, i killed them all and my thirst for revenge was still not quenched, of course the first time they killed her i kept going back to previous saves thinking "maybe i can save her", but i couldn't...bastards
all I'm saying is being able to save heather would be great, converting her would be awesome...if she wants it that is, but that's just asking for too much.

on a different note, hey malhavoc, Do you like chocolate milk?

Damn...sorry i just couldn't hold back that question, i just see that avatar and it takes me right to it
Back to top Go down
malhavoc
Neonate
Neonate
malhavoc

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Content Options   Unofficial Content Options EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 2:13 am

Jimmyto wrote:
on a different note, hey malhavoc, Do you like chocolate milk?

Damn...sorry i just couldn't hold back that question, i just see that avatar and it takes me right to it
Haha. Nice. BatFact #42: Batman always strikes that face when no one's looking.

I think I have the full comic strip on my HD somewhere. I'll see about uploading it as I can't recall for the life of me where I saw it the first time.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Content Options   Unofficial Content Options EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 2:15 am

If I can get Wesp to play ball with showing me exactly what I need to do to save heather, it will definately be in CE. He already knows how to do it, it's just a couple files or what not, for him it would take 2 seconds to show me what to do, but it would take forever for me to research it from scratch.
Back to top Go down
YamiRaziel
Methuselah
Methuselah
YamiRaziel

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Content Options   Unofficial Content Options EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 1:21 pm

Even if you can't do it, don't worry. The dying Heather ending isn't that bad as well. Actually it shows you that everyone close to you is in danger. Heather dying just illustrates how serious the situation is.
I think that even if you implement the save heather option, I will still let her die. It is a great ending Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitistreviewer.com/
Gaborta
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Content Options   Unofficial Content Options EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 9:15 am

Zer0Morph wrote:
If I can get Wesp to play ball with showing me exactly what I need to do to save heather, it will definately be in CE. He already knows how to do it, it's just a couple files or what not, for him it would take 2 seconds to show me what to do, but it would take forever for me to research it from scratch.

I found a long time ago some information how to save Heather meant for Wesp's patch v4.5 and earlier.
At that time I tried the mentioned changes - they seemed to work.

According to that, two Python-scripts need to be modified:
in file "Vampire\python\bradbury\bradbury.py" the procedure "def heatherCheck():" and
in file "Vampire\python\vamputil.py" the procedure "def heatherHaven():".

OLD heatherCheck()
#Enables the appropriate encounter based upon whether or not the player hast kept Heather as a ghoul
def heatherCheck():
if(G.Heather_Drank == 1 and G.Heather_Gone == 0):
#Heather gets to die now
print "incoming heather"
relay = Find("heather_scene_unhider")
relay.Trigger()
elif(1):
#normal encounter
print "no heather"
relay = Find("non_heather_scene_unhider")
relay.Trigger()

NEW heatherCheck()
#Enables the appropriate encounter based upon whether or not the player has kept Heather as a ghoul
def heatherCheck():
#normal encounter
print "no heather"
relay = Find("non_heather_scene_unhider")
relay.Trigger()

OLD heatherHaven()
#HAVEN: Used to place heather in the various player havens
def heatherHaven():
Find = __main__.FindEntityByName
G = __main__.G
IsDead = __main__.IsDead
heather = Find("Heather")
if(G.Heather_Haven and not IsDead("Heather") and heather):
heather.ScriptUnhide()
if((G.Heather_Gone or G.Story_State >= 75) and heather):
heather.Kill()
if(G.Story_State >= 30 and G.Heather_Haven and not IsDead("Heather") and G.Heather_Gone == 0 and G.Story_State < 75 and not G.Heather_Lure):
G.Mcfly_Present = 1
mcfly = Find("McFly")
if(mcfly):
mcfly.ScriptUnhide()
if(G.Mcfly_Leave or G.Mcfly_Feed or G.Mcfly_Dominated or G.Mcfly_Dementated or IsDead("McFly")):
mcfly = Find("McFly")
if(mcfly):
mcfly.Kill()
if(G.Heather_Clothes and heather):
if(G.Heather_Outfit == 0):
heather.SetModel("models/character/npc/unique/Santa_Monica/Heather/Heather_goth.mdl")
elif(G.Heather_Outfit == 1):
heather.SetModel("models/character/npc/unique/Santa_Monica/Heather/Heather_3.mdl")
else:
heather.SetModel("models/character/npc/unique/Santa_Monica/Heather/Heather.mdl")
G.Heather_Outfit = G.Heather_Outfit + 1
if(G.Heather_Outfit > 2):
G.Heather_Outfit = 0
G.Heather_Clothes = 0
if(IsDead("Heather") and heather):
heather.Kill()
mcfly = Find("mcfly")
if(mcfly):
mcfly.Kill()

NEW heatherHaven()
#HAVEN: Used to place heather in the various player havens
def heatherHaven():
Find = __main__.FindEntityByName
G = __main__.G
IsDead = __main__.IsDead
heather = Find("Heather")
HeatherDancing = 0
if(G.Heather_Haven and heather):
heather.ScriptUnhide()
if(G.Heather_Clothes and heather):
if(G.Heather_Outfit == 0):
heather.SetModel("models/character/npc/unique/Santa_Monica/Heather/Heather_goth.mdl")
elif(G.Heather_Outfit == 1):
heather.SetModel("models/character/npc/unique/Santa_Monica/Heather/Heather_3.mdl")
else:
heather.SetModel("models/character/npc/unique/Santa_Monica/Heather/Heather.mdl")
G.Heather_Outfit = G.Heather_Outfit + 1
if(G.Heather_Outfit > 2):
G.Heather_Outfit = 0
G.Heather_Clothes = 0
if(G.Heather_Gone and heather):
mcfly = Find("mcfly")
if(mcfly):
mcfly.Kill()
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Content Options   Unofficial Content Options EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 6:27 pm

I will check the python files I have now, thanks for the input. What about dialogue anything need modified for that?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Content Options   Unofficial Content Options EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 6:18 am

Zer0Morph wrote:
I will check the python files I have now, thanks for the input. What about dialogue anything need modified for that?

I think I remember something about a line for the character to tell her "Stay at home", when Heather mentions that she's been followed.

Anyway I was going to do some research on saving Heather today. I'll come back to you if i find something out.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Content Options   Unofficial Content Options EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 6:39 am

Gaborta wrote:
I found a long time ago some information how to save Heather meant for Wesp's patch v4.5 and earlier.
At that time I tried the mentioned changes - they seemed to work.

According to that, two Python-scripts need to be modified:
in file "Vampire\python\bradbury\bradbury.py" the procedure "def heatherCheck():" and
in file "Vampire\python\vamputil.py" the procedure "def heatherHaven():".

I'm not sure without the context, but if I read these py files right, the cange just makes sure that the "kill Heather" scene is ignored no mattter what happened before.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Content Options   Unofficial Content Options EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 11:39 am

I've just completed my checks on the files. If I'm not mistaken, you only have to change one line in the Heather dialogue:

Open \Vampire\dlg\main characteres\heather.dlg with a text editor, find { 744 }{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}
and replace it with this line:
{ 744 }{ Heather, promise me to stay indoors until this is over! }{ Heather, promise me to stay indoors until this is over! }{ 761 }{ }{ G.Heather_Indoors = 1 }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ Stay in the golden cage of the sky until I set you free. }

Unfortunateally testing this will be a lot of work Crying or Very sad :
You have to talk to Heather when she tells you that she's been followed (You only get this line the first time you talk to her after the museum and it has to be done before you do the last part of the warrens and speak with Garry affraid ). Then you must tell her to stay indoors ("in the golden cage" if you're a Malk geek ), and play it through all the way to Hallowbrook... What a Face

Right now I don't have any CE save files, so I'd have to play the whole game...
I'll try if I can find a way to "fast forwind" Arrow the game, but if it can't be done someone else will have to do the testing. Right now I'm not in the mood to play it all again I've definitely spent to much time on the game in the last few weeks Laughing Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Content Options   Unofficial Content Options EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 3:39 pm

What about jumping maps, is that possible? Also you can NOClip your way around missions, that help speed things up. I will look into this as soon as I get time.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Content Options   Unofficial Content Options EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 5:21 pm

No matter what i said before, i'm on my way testing it myself. Built me some kind of superman to hurry throug the main quests, so I'll probably be able to get there about this time tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Jimmyto
Neonate
Neonate
Jimmyto

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Content Options   Unofficial Content Options EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 6:46 am

you know what i found strange about the whole heather coming to look for you thing, when you accept her she tells you that she's going to go wait at your house and that she had gone there before, i remember thinking "uhhh...wat" the first time she said that, i was all like wait a minute...i don't know where i live, how is it that you do?

also who is it that sent her your way, was it the prince, was it jack or what
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Content Options   Unofficial Content Options EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 5:46 pm

Just showed Andrej the sunrise and checked on Heather. (Bitch didn't even offer me a drink Smile )

So all you have to do to get the option of saving Heather is add the line to her dialoge file.

I think most of the differences between standard and plus patch are handled by additional or missing lines in the *.dlg files or by if plusPatch then structures in python.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Content Options   Unofficial Content Options EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 8:37 pm

I will double check the python files before I shout "HURRAY!!" but to just make it clear, all I need to do is input the dialogue files? The pythons are already done?
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Content Options   Unofficial Content Options EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 5:10 am

Ok I grabbed UP 6.6 patch and took heather's dialogue and put it in CE 1.2. I checked the 2 python files and both checked out ok so I think we are good to go. I played up to the point where I can give heather the option to stay indoors and that worked perfect.

I wanted to test and make sure she wasn't at the end of Hollowbrook mission but I only got as far as the Giovanni mission before I quit. Either way I think we're in luck now so plan on having the "Save Heather" option for CE 1.2. Smile
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Content Options   Unofficial Content Options EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 11:18 am

Zer0Morph wrote:
I will double check the python files before I shout "HURRAY!!" but to just make it clear, all I need to do is input the dialogue files? The pythons are already done?

For saving Heather, yes it's just the one line of dialogue. You can even change the text (It's a reply of the character, so there are no sound-files or lip-movements you have to worry about). The only important thing is setting G.Heather_Indoors to 1.
As I said in my post from yesterday, I went through Hallowbrook and checked on Heather after I was done with Andrej. And as usual, all she had to say was her stupid "Master?" geek
There is only one setback, if you keep her indoors: she can't get the body-armor.
In the plus patch you can buy it from Mercurio when you start the bloodhunt quest.

Another thing: I think I remember someone asking for the "Dragon Breath". (Nice nasty toy Twisted Evil but I prefer the Steyr) I've just checked out, all you have to do is replace the flaming crossbow file in \vdata\items with the file from the plus patch and make it available from a vendor. (If someone out there wants to do that and needes help, contact me via PM)
Back to top Go down
YamiRaziel
Methuselah
Methuselah
YamiRaziel

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Content Options   Unofficial Content Options EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 11:24 am

I don't think that giving a OP weapons is a good idea.
And saving Heather + body armor.... that sounds greedy Razz

I think that sacrificing Heather for a body armor is a good deal.
Have your precious Heather or get a body armor + a good dying cutscene Very Happy

Next thing you are going to ask is the option to have sex with Jeanette, while saving both Therese and Jeanette. geek
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Content Options   Unofficial Content Options EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 11:38 am

YamiRaziel wrote:
Next thing you are going to ask is the option to have sex with Jeanette, while saving both Therese and Jeanette. geek
Actually you can have that. You need seduction of at least 4 when you accept the "slashterpiece" quest. Then you can get on with her before you set out to cut pictures queen king
Back to top Go down
YamiRaziel
Methuselah
Methuselah
YamiRaziel

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Content Options   Unofficial Content Options EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 3:16 pm

That... sux Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Content Options   Unofficial Content Options EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 4:42 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Zer0Morph wrote:

For saving Heather, yes it's just the one line of dialogue. You can even change the text (It's a reply of the character, so there are no sound-files or lip-movements you have to worry about). The only important thing is setting G.Heather_Indoors to 1.
As I said in my post from yesterday, I went through Hallowbrook and checked on Heather after I was done with Andrej. And as usual, all she had to say was her stupid "Master?" geek
There is only one setback, if you keep her indoors: she can't get the body-armor.
In the plus patch you can buy it from Mercurio when you start the bloodhunt quest.

Another thing: I think I remember someone asking for the "Dragon Breath". (Nice nasty toy Twisted Evil but I prefer the Steyr) I've just checked out, all you have to do is replace the flaming crossbow file in \vdata\items with the file from the plus patch and make it available from a vendor. (If someone out there wants to do that and needes help, contact me via PM)

What exactly is the Dragon's Breath? I mean I know it's a special gun of some sort but does it require new sound files or texture/models?

Edit: Oh and I have to agree with YamiRaziel on the body armor + save your ghoul thing. If you can simply buy the body armor AND save your ghoul why would you ever NOT save your ghoul.

I agree that the player should have to choose, You want to keep your ghoul or get some wicked body armor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unofficial Content Options   Unofficial Content Options Empty

Back to top Go down

Unofficial Content Options
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next