Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Probly the stupidest question you'll ever read...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Raitachi
Fledgling
Fledgling
Raitachi

Probly the stupidest question you'll ever read...  Empty
PostSubject: Probly the stupidest question you'll ever read...    Probly the stupidest question you'll ever read...  EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 4:07 am

Hey I'm new to the CE and everything... so things seem very different to me, I cant seem to find the new clothes anywhere... In the older versions when I went into a new town the guy you go to to buy weapons and such would have the new upgraded clothes... (Fat Larry in down town... the gas station guy in Hollywood... and the Asian guy in china town...) anyway, I cant find any of these at all... is this part of CE or am I looking in the wrong places?

Anyway I'm pretty sure I've repeated myself like 3 or 4 times there Embarassed any help or advice would be appreciated Surprised

Peace...
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Probly the stupidest question you'll ever read...    Probly the stupidest question you'll ever read...  EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 6:08 am

Hi Raitachi,

first of all, welcome to the forum Smile

For your question, in CE the dealers mostly sell the same items as in the plus version of the unofficial patches. If you have only played the unpatched game until now, some changes may have occured.
You can find Fat Larry in the alley between Confession and the Chantry. In vanilla, he was located at the parking garage for the Traffic quest.
In the Red spot, you have to talk to the guy. Ask him about Hollywood until he mentions the special. Then ask him about it.
For Chinatown, I don't know if there have been any changes compared to the unpatched game. Now all items are sold by Tzeng, but you have to convince him that you are no cop, and not with Immigrations.

If you don't find the new weapons and armor there, something with your installation is botched.

The correct order for installation is: clean copy of the original game, the CE 1.4 Mod, and then the CE 1.45 patch.
No other patches/mods. And you must not use a save file from a previous installation.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Probly the stupidest question you'll ever read...    Probly the stupidest question you'll ever read...  EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 2:51 pm

Welcome to the greatest (blood)suckers forum on the net, Raitachi!

Well, preatty much what Malkav said...
And don't worry we have seen our share of stupid questions, yours look kind of weak compared to the best of them Laughing Some of those were even mine Embarassed lol!

So, fledgling, now we Antediluvians and Mathusalehs are really thirsty recently... Don't struggle, your blood shall replenish us.

Sorry, couldn't resist it. Crude humor is my second nature.
Back to top Go down
Raitachi
Fledgling
Fledgling
Raitachi

PostSubject: Re: Probly the stupidest question you'll ever read...    Probly the stupidest question you'll ever read...  EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 11:12 pm

lol! Thanks guys Very Happy

At the moment I'm up to down town and I found Fat Larry afro but he only sells the guns and ammo not the armour any idea why?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Probly the stupidest question you'll ever read...    Probly the stupidest question you'll ever read...  EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 4:40 am

Hm, there is only one reason I can imagine, why Larry doesn't offer the armor: You already have it. Do you play CE 1.4, or have you also installed the 1.45 patch? In 1.4 with a very high inspection score, you can have found the heavy cloth already in Santa Monica, but for the patch I have removed all the weapons and armor from the list of findable items.

If you don't have it, I can give you the cheat code for the console: give item_a_hvy_cloth
To activate the console, open the properties of your bloodlines launcher, and after the call for ...vampire.exe" enter a blank followed by -console. To open the console in the game, use the ~. (This is the standard for an english keyboard. I hope it's the same key for you.)

- geek

P.S. I see you're from Down Under, so it probably fell off Larry's truck, due to being upside down lol!
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Probly the stupidest question you'll ever read...    Probly the stupidest question you'll ever read...  EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 5:06 am

For Azerty, the key is ² (just over the TAB key and at the left of the &/1 key)
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Probly the stupidest question you'll ever read...    Probly the stupidest question you'll ever read...  EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 4:45 pm

I know that this is the position, but on a german keyboard there is the ^. And that causes trouble. So I have bound F11 to the console as well to open it, and close it at game start, before an actual savegame is loaded. After that I always have to close the console using the chareditor command.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Raitachi
Fledgling
Fledgling
Raitachi

PostSubject: Re: Probly the stupidest question you'll ever read...    Probly the stupidest question you'll ever read...  EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 3:26 am

I think I've figured it out... I think it was all the patches I had installed they weren't working with CE Embarassed so I uninstalled everything and then reinstalled the game and CE 1.4 then the 1.45 patch like you said and it worked Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

thanks for the help lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Probly the stupidest question you'll ever read...    Probly the stupidest question you'll ever read...  Empty

Back to top Go down

Probly the stupidest question you'll ever read...
Page 1 of 1