Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Crash during character creation process!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Chernaborg
Fledgling
Fledgling

Crash during character creation process! Empty
PostSubject: Crash during character creation process!   Crash during character creation process! EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 1:27 pm

First of all: Hi! I'm a new member and my english is embarassing, so forgive me rabbit
This is the problem, i've installed Final Nights on a fresh, absolutly clean installation of Bloodlines. During the character progress, after few seconds, the screen become suddenly black, the music start to repeat the same note over and over again, and the pc is totally blocked, the only thing that i can do is turn off and turn on again. Any suggestions? pale
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Crash during character creation process!   Crash during character creation process! EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 4:21 pm

More young blood Twisted Evil seems to be a good time for an oldtimer to awaken from torpor Cool
Hi Chernaborg, welcome to the forum Smile

Your problem sounds pretty serious. I'm really not sure what to tell you scratch

Have you tried the unpatched game, if the same thing happens?
How far do you get? Main menuue, creation screen only, intro scene, first steps to Jack?
What version of OS?
Which version of the game? CD/DVD, Steam, D2D?
Does TFN show up in the character creator?

Perhaps I can help you if you answer these questions, or somebody else knows a solution, if the info is provided.

Don't worry about your english, it's quite good, and many of our regulars aren't native speakers. Nobody expects Oxford standards anyway. That would be boring Laughing

- geek
Back to top Go down
everett
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Crash during character creation process!   Crash during character creation process! EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 4:27 pm

i read in various forum that the problem can depend on :

video resolution : lower the resolution of your monitor , similar to the game
os. level ( if you have vista or seven try compatibility mode on winxp sp3 )
if u have aereo or composite desktop disable

if u can adjust the video card option , i suggest you to check for Frequency rate , some force mode option , triple buffer ..and so on

but post all yout configuration , will be more simple
Back to top Go down
Chernaborg
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Crash during character creation process!   Crash during character creation process! EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 8:07 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
More young blood Twisted Evil seems to be a good time for an oldtimer to awaken from torpor Cool
Hi Chernaborg, welcome to the forum Smile

My thanks, Oh Ancient One.

Quote :
Have you tried the unpatched game, if the same thing happens?
How far do you get? Main menuue, creation screen only, intro scene, first steps to Jack?
What version of OS?
Which version of the game? CD/DVD, Steam, D2D?
Does TFN show up in the character creator?

I tried only with the unpatched game ^^ i will try with the patched one.
I crash after few minutes after the game started, let me explain: for example, i spent some times during the creation process, thinking about how to use my free points, and the game crashed, i tried to skip this phase enabling the automatic creation process and i start playing the game, but just after the first meeting with Jack the game crashed again. I am with a CD version of the game and yes, tfn show up correctly in the character creator ( there is none of the "standard" clans, i dont know if it is normal or not). About my configuration...take a look at the end of the post

Quote :
Don't worry about your english, it's quite good, and many of our regulars aren't native speakers. Nobody expects Oxford standards anyway. That would be boring Laughing

- geek
lol! thanks

everett wrote:
but post all yout configuration , will be more simple

Windows XP Service Pack 3 - 1280x1024 - Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU, E 8435 @ 3,06 GHz 2,98 GB RAM, 103 GB free space. NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GS. I don't know if you need something else!
Back to top Go down
everett
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Crash during character creation process!   Crash during character creation process! EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 8:15 pm

well , first off i suggest you to try patched game (official or unofficial , i suggest you the last)

i see that with Xp you use a large amount of RAM , XP 32 bit recognise 3Gb but use only 2Gb

and this may be the first point to think about for your crash.

Try to mount only 2Gb on your computer , or disable by BIOS if possible and see if you still have the problem
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Crash during character creation process!   Crash during character creation process! EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 8:52 pm

Hm, I'm no expert on this field, but I have heard that sometimes double processors can cause trouble with bloodlines. In that case, deactivating one processor could help. On the other hand, I'm running the game with vista on a double core mashine, and never had any troubles of this sort.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crash during character creation process!   Crash during character creation process! Empty

Back to top Go down

Crash during character creation process!
Page 1 of 1