Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Music for Dummies

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Freddish
Fledgling
Fledgling
Freddish

Music for Dummies Empty
PostSubject: Music for Dummies   Music for Dummies EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 9:50 am

I read the post about music modding. Yes, the folders for the clubs are under Default vs. MyMusic.
I still have a question or two about specifics.
When you open dj_asylum.dlg (for example) with notepad, the guide says to replace "Play Music Number" with your song title. If I want to add Nemesis by Shriekback, do I just replace those words? Do I keep the number? Would it be "Nemesis3" for example?
Also (I can see you face-palming here), it's actually Play Music Number with a period after it. Would I change the text to Nemesis. or Nemesis3. or is the period just there?

Small bug thing while I'm here. I just started CE, and it's excellent, but there is no music at all in Asylum. That's why I'm adding my own.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Music for Dummies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music for Dummies   Music for Dummies EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 10:19 am

Hi Freddish,
welcome to the forum. Smile
If there is no music in the Asylum at all, you probably only have downloaded the 1.4 mod, not the 1.45 patch as well. I'd suggest you use that. It will make installation of your own music easier, and deal with some more problems.

In any case, the *.dlg files are only the dialog files for the DJs. You don't have to edit them at all. If you decide to edit the texts, so you can ask the dj for your titles, you can write what you like, as long as you only change the entries where a title or music# is asked for.
Please tell me if you choose to download the patch as well, or if you want to make do with plain 1.4. Then I know how to help you with the placement and naming of the actual mp3 files.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Freddish
Fledgling
Fledgling
Freddish

Music for Dummies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music for Dummies   Music for Dummies EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 10:35 am

Thank you for the welcome and the quick response!
I'm not worried about the titles (could you talk to the dj in the original version? i never did that). I'll download the patch and see what happens.
My saved game is gone. I don't know how I could have done that, but I was still in Santa Monica, so it's okay.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Music for Dummies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music for Dummies   Music for Dummies EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 10:39 am

You can't keep your save iles when you patch and modthe game.

The dj didn't exist in the original version, it was a brand new content added by awesome Childe ;-)
Back to top Go down
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Nachtrae

Music for Dummies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music for Dummies   Music for Dummies EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 10:53 am

I am getting more and more happy with having joined this forum Very Happy
Roleplaying aside, when I get the game and run into a problem, I can be sure of receiving some great advice Smile

Great job cheers
Back to top Go down
Freddish
Fledgling
Fledgling
Freddish

Music for Dummies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music for Dummies   Music for Dummies EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 2:50 pm

Just an update:
I put the music back the way it was and downloaded the patch. My game was there (go figure). I definitely didn't expect it. Music-issue maybe, but, like you said, I thought the patch would require a new start.
The clubs have music now. I'm leaving it alone. I may try to add music for my next play-through, but I'm leery of messing things up at this point.
BTW- agreed, this is already one of the friendlier and more helpful forums I've been on.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Music for Dummies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music for Dummies   Music for Dummies EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 4:14 pm

Ok, so no further questions right now?
If you run into trouble later on, just ask.

- geek

P.S. I like the kind of black humor shown by your avatar What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Music for Dummies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music for Dummies   Music for Dummies Empty

Back to top Go down

Music for Dummies
Page 1 of 1