Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Healing Mercurio

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tuishimi
Elder
Elder
Tuishimi

Healing Mercurio Empty
PostSubject: Healing Mercurio   Healing Mercurio EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 8:16 pm

...with Obeah... the only problem is I am playing as a Follower of Set. I was trying to piss off Mercurio when all of a sudden the "I can heal you" line popped up... so I selected it and sure enough, I healed him.

It was kind of funny. Smile Here I am trying to be a bad-arse snake woman and... well...
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Healing Mercurio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Healing Mercurio   Healing Mercurio EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 3:42 am

You're right. Zer0 has forgotten to include the conditional for this dialog line. It's no big deal, but if you feel it should be fixed, you can easily edit it yourself. The file is -TFN\vampire\dlg\santa monica\mercurio.dlg
Find the line below, and add the red text at the appropriate place.

{ 996 }{ [Domination]I can heal you. Hold still. }{ [Domination]I can heal you. Hold still. }{ 1001 }{ IsClan(pc,"Tremere") }{ useObeah(); pc.Bloodloss(1) }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }

- geek

Edit: you may also have to remove the [Domination] part from the second and third column. I have never noticed this line. So I can't be sure there.
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

Healing Mercurio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Healing Mercurio   Healing Mercurio EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 11:30 am

Childe, the Salubri are based on the malkavians, so shouldn't the condition be clan malkavian?
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Healing Mercurio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Healing Mercurio   Healing Mercurio EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 11:34 am

I thought the use of Obeah is coded as being the use of Dominate...
Back to top Go down
Tuishimi
Elder
Elder
Tuishimi

Healing Mercurio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Healing Mercurio   Healing Mercurio EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 12:05 pm

Thanks, Childe! No biggy. It didn't really bother me, just surprised me. Smile
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Healing Mercurio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Healing Mercurio   Healing Mercurio EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 4:13 pm

Claudia, Philosopher,
it's a bit more difficult than that.
You are right, Salubri use the Malk model and skins, and Obeah uses the Dominate discipline. But both of these isn't important.
Due to alphabetical order, Salubri use the second to last place in the clan roster, and that's Tremere. And the dialog-use of dominate is limited to Ventrue (Samedi). So Zer0 had to create a python script to be called in the dialog for obeah.
I have checked with the obeah healing for Heather in the clinic, before I posted the suggestion for repairing this problem.
And the limited Dominate use is also the reason why we had to link all the dominate dialog options for Serpentis to Dementation, instead of just using Dominate for Serpentis.

- geek

P.S. Which reaction do I get for all this technical blubbering? This affraid or this Sleep ?
Back to top Go down
Tuishimi
Elder
Elder
Tuishimi

Healing Mercurio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Healing Mercurio   Healing Mercurio EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 4:37 pm

It's all cool. I haven't looked closely, myself, but I wonder how much of the game is in compiled code, and how much control is given over to the interpreted code. Theoretically, you could create a whole new game of only certain, limited aspects of the game are controlled by the DLLs... which means you could possible scrap the python code and start fresh. I wonder what kind of cool things could be done then! Smile

Is that what that other project (the one trying to move VTMB to the more recent valve engine (I think it was)) is trying to do? They would have to rebuild the entire app.

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Claudia, Philosopher,
it's a bit more difficult than that.
You are right, Salubri use the Malk model and skins, and Obeah uses the Dominate discipline. But both of these isn't important.
Due to alphabetical order, Salubri use the second to last place in the clan roster, and that's Tremere. And the dialog-use of dominate is limited to Ventrue (Samedi). So Zer0 had to create a python script to be called in the dialog for obeah.
I have checked with the obeah healing for Heather in the clinic, before I posted the suggestion for repairing this problem.
And the limited Dominate use is also the reason why we had to link all the dominate dialog options for Serpentis to Dementation, instead of just using Dominate for Serpentis.

- geek

P.S. Which reaction do I get for all this technical blubbering? This affraid or this Sleep ?
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Healing Mercurio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Healing Mercurio   Healing Mercurio EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 2:18 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
You're right. Zer0 has forgotten to include the conditional for this dialog line.

Actually I didn't forget the conditional, I placed it in lines 159, 144, and 125. In theory he shouldn't have been able to get to line 991 as a Setite so I'm not sure how he got there. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Maybe I need to load up a Setite and try it myself.

The condition "IsClan(pc,"Tremere") and G.Mercurio_Aid == 0 and pc.GetQuestState("Morphine") == 0" should've kept him from going to line 991.

Weird... scratch
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Healing Mercurio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Healing Mercurio   Healing Mercurio EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 2:48 pm

You're right. He shouldn't have got there in the first place.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Tuishimi
Elder
Elder
Tuishimi

Healing Mercurio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Healing Mercurio   Healing Mercurio EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 2:53 pm

I guess I am just very very special. Yeah. That's it. Special. Smile
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Healing Mercurio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Healing Mercurio   Healing Mercurio EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 2:54 pm

Tuishimi wrote:

I think the Vampire engine is what's special, LOL ::Special as in broken:: Shocked
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Healing Mercurio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Healing Mercurio   Healing Mercurio EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 3:08 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Tuishimi wrote:

I think the Vampire engine is what's special, LOL ::Special as in broken:: Shocked
Yea, something like that. It launches his charater directly into a dialog line that doesn't even exist in vanilla Cool

- geek
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Healing Mercurio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Healing Mercurio   Healing Mercurio EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 4:59 pm

Maybe the numbering of the lines is messed up?
Back to top Go down
Tuishimi
Elder
Elder
Tuishimi

Healing Mercurio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Healing Mercurio   Healing Mercurio EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 6:41 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Maybe the numbering of the lines is messed up?

Nay! No mistake by you!
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Healing Mercurio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Healing Mercurio   Healing Mercurio EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 12:55 pm

Well I created a Setite last night and did everything I could to replicate the issue but could not. I tried every dialogue path possible but still could not get my character to heal Mercurio. Even so I went ahead and added that line to number 996 just in case. I still don't know how you got that line to appear because I can't but oh well.

This "bug" fix will be included in TFN 1.1.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Healing Mercurio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Healing Mercurio   Healing Mercurio Empty

Back to top Go down

Healing Mercurio
Page 1 of 1