Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Max and the Plaguebearers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mouser9169
Elder
Elder


Posts : 176
Join date : 2011-07-27

PostSubject: Max and the Plaguebearers   Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:20 pm

This has always bothered me.

Can you give him a line like "Remember how you told me a Kindred has to find out for themselves what's going on? Well, Bishop Vick set up Plaguebearer Central right outside your f'n door!"


Also, the reward from the quest gives a healing rate of 150%. Salubri have a healing rate of 115%. IIRC, percent mods don't stack, so this would actually make them heal slower than they did without the item.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tuishimi
Elder
Elder


Posts : 113
Join date : 2010-11-16
Location : South West USA

PostSubject: Re: Max and the Plaguebearers   Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:18 pm

mouser9169 wrote:
This has always bothered me.

Can you give him a line like "Remember how you told me a Kindred has to find out for themselves what's going on? Well, Bishop Vick set up Plaguebearer Central right outside your f'n door!"


Also, the reward from the quest gives a healing rate of 150%. Salubri have a healing rate of 115%. IIRC, percent mods don't stack, so this would actually make them heal slower than they did without the item.

Healing rate? I need to reread that in game! I always thought it gifted you with a longer TIME PERIOD of healing. But what you say makes sense since the original game did not give you the ability to invoke blood heal.

But either way, I don't understand your statement. Isn't 150% still larger than 115%? Why would it make it lower? Some game mechanic bug?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine


Posts : 5164
Join date : 2009-11-05
Location : Bochum, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Max and the Plaguebearers   Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:05 am

I'm not sure exactly how it works, but the healing rate basically is the time you need to fully recover, compared to some base setting.
For most clans it is set to 200%. At least it is 200% for all clans in CE and the plus patch.
So mouser is right. 150% makes for slower recovery than 115%, but of course faster than 200%.

I believe Salubri were one of the last clans, Zer0 made. So it probably slipped his fingers.

you can find the data in \vampire\vdata\system\traiteffect000.txt Search for "Item (Occult Regeneration)".
But remember, if you change it, it will have an effect on all clans

- geek

_________________
- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mouser9169
Elder
Elder


Posts : 176
Join date : 2011-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Max and the Plaguebearers   Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:29 am

The most "elegant" fix would probably be to check clan and assign a reward accordingly (ie: Salubri get something else), but I haven't done much with conversations other than changing existing lines, so I'm not sure where that even happens.

I still want to see a comeback at the end to Max about ignoring that skull painted building he walks by every time he steps out of his chantry. He is one of my favorite characters - so regal no matter what (Dude, that shit is Wack! : Indeed, young one...)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feral
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4367
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 32
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Max and the Plaguebearers   Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:38 am

mouser9169 wrote:


I still want to see a comeback at the end to Max about ignoring that skull painted building he walks by every time he steps out of his chantry. He is one of my favorite characters - so regal no matter what (Dude, that shit is Wack! : Indeed, young one...)

Who said he ever steps out of the Chantry? What reason other than toppling LaCroix would he have to leave safe and undoubtedly hevily warded confines of his Sanctum? He has young whelp doing all the mundane shit and taking any risks, so why would he?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePhilosopher
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny


Posts : 1627
Join date : 2010-08-17
Location : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Max and the Plaguebearers   Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:02 am

Basketball Max probably is too busy playing his lv 85 Mage in WoW

No srsly. I don't think he goes out much. Has neonates to bring him stuff he needs, such as blood. And also has the protection of the chantry. But still, beign ignorant to Plaguebearer HQ right on the end of the street is kinda not like him, and having some witty one-liner to give to him like mouser proposed would be nice, but nowhere near essencial to bother Zer0 with it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Claudia
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4887
Join date : 2010-01-30
Age : 28
Location : France

PostSubject: Re: Max and the Plaguebearers   Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:35 am

ThePhilosopher wrote:
Basketball Max probably is too busy playing his lv 85 Mage in WoW

Warlock. Undead warlock, neonate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePhilosopher
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny


Posts : 1627
Join date : 2010-08-17
Location : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Max and the Plaguebearers   Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:30 pm

Claudia wrote:
ThePhilosopher wrote:
Basketball Max probably is too busy playing his lv 85 Mage in WoW

Warlock. Undead warlock, neonate.

Warlock is for Baali and Sabbat Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feral
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4367
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 32
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Max and the Plaguebearers   Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:57 pm

ThePhilosopher wrote:
Claudia wrote:
ThePhilosopher wrote:
Basketball Max probably is too busy playing his lv 85 Mage in WoW

Warlock. Undead warlock, neonate.

Warlock is for Baali and Sabbat Razz

Undead Usurper, then? Regent plaing Magus... That would be degrading for him. Magus equals Apprentice of Seventh Circle of Mastery. ( Yeah, I read a bunch of Clanbooks... What!? What!? )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePhilosopher
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny


Posts : 1627
Join date : 2010-08-17
Location : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Max and the Plaguebearers   Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:17 pm

...dude... don't you know about WoW?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mouser9169
Elder
Elder


Posts : 176
Join date : 2011-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Max and the Plaguebearers   Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:45 pm

Feral wrote:
ThePhilosopher wrote:
Claudia wrote:
ThePhilosopher wrote:
Basketball Max probably is too busy playing his lv 85 Mage in WoW

Warlock. Undead warlock, neonate.

Warlock is for Baali and Sabbat Razz

Undead Usurper, then? Regent plaing Magus... That would be degrading for him. Magus equals Apprentice of Seventh Circle of Mastery. ( Yeah, I read a bunch of Clanbooks... What!? What!? )

Actually, I'm surprised some Tremere (or even other) vampires and mages (probably both outside their respective "pyramids") haven't paired up and worked together more often. Seems like one of those symbiotic animal things - like the birds that clean out animals teeth, or the honey finding birds (those things are awesome - how many generations did it take for that behavior to become "standard" training for all the young birds of the species - and for all the young humans as well). The vampire gets a powerful ally not hindered by sunlight, the mage gets an ally with access to resources and knowledge he doesn't have. Win-win.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian


Posts : 821
Join date : 2010-07-29
Location : Texas, USA

PostSubject: Re: Max and the Plaguebearers   Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:34 am

mouser9169 wrote:
Can you give him a line like "Remember how you told me a Kindred has to find out for themselves what's going on? Well, Bishop Vick set up Plaguebearer Central right outside your f'n door!"

Remember, in Bloodlines we're dealing with a greatly abbreviated map of Los Angeles. So the Last Round is bound to be more than 2 blocks from Strauss' chantry, which in turn is probably further than a block from Venture Tower. So take those distances with a grain of salt.

Besides... how many Tremere are going to be concerned with what seems to be just more gang graffiti among the rest scattered around L.A.? Even if it is only a few blocks from their chantry. Your character had to find the flyer in Jezebel's/Brother Kanker's haven to make the connection. Maybe Regent Strauss knew about the cult... and used you to eliminate them. That way he doesn't risk catching something funky himself. Razz

mouser9169 wrote:
Actually, I'm surprised some Tremere (or even other) vampires and mages (probably both outside their respective "pyramids") haven't paired up and worked together more often. Seems like one of those symbiotic animal things - like the birds that clean out animals teeth, or the honey finding birds (those things are awesome - how many generations did it take for that behavior to become "standard" training for all the young birds of the species - and for all the young humans as well). The vampire gets a powerful ally not hindered by sunlight, the mage gets an ally with access to resources and knowledge he doesn't have. Win-win.

This would involve sharing information, which the Tremere (and most mages) are definitely NOT in favor of doing. Not going to happen, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine


Posts : 5164
Join date : 2009-11-05
Location : Bochum, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Max and the Plaguebearers   Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:36 pm

Who would trust a wizard? Certainly not another wizard (living or undead)!
I hold it with Terry Pratcett in one of his Discworld novels: "The plural of wizard is war."

- geek

_________________
- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feral
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4367
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 32
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Max and the Plaguebearers   Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:46 pm

ThePhilosopher wrote:
...dude... don't you know about WoW?

Heard that name somewhere... Doesn't ring any bells though. Other than it is a computer game, at least.

Childe of Malkav wrote:

Who would trust a wizard? Certainly not another wizard (living or undead)!
I hold it with Terry Pratcett in one of his Discworld novels: "The plural of wizard is war."

With all due respect you forgot about Tzimisce Koldun/House Tytalus Mages alliance. It was more active and closer during both Massasa War and Omen War than it is in modern times, but it was never dissolved nonetheles. According to White Wolf books, Tytalans even helped shape new Paths of Koldunic Sorcery... Rare and quita exceptional situation, with no few casaulties due to Tzimisce teritoriality and ideas of superiority clashing with Tytalan will and megalomania... But it worked. Courtuasy of the Tremere. Enemy of my enemy is my friend, right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Claudia
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4887
Join date : 2010-01-30
Age : 28
Location : France

PostSubject: Re: Max and the Plaguebearers   Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:14 am

mouser9169 wrote:
Feral wrote:
ThePhilosopher wrote:
Claudia wrote:
ThePhilosopher wrote:
Basketball Max probably is too busy playing his lv 85 Mage in WoW

Warlock. Undead warlock, neonate.

Warlock is for Baali and Sabbat Razz

Undead Usurper, then? Regent plaing Magus... That would be degrading for him. Magus equals Apprentice of Seventh Circle of Mastery. ( Yeah, I read a bunch of Clanbooks... What!? What!? )

Actually, I'm surprised some Tremere (or even other) vampires and mages (probably both outside their respective "pyramids") haven't paired up and worked together more often. Seems like one of those symbiotic animal things - like the birds that clean out animals teeth, or the honey finding birds (those things are awesome - how many generations did it take for that behavior to become "standard" training for all the young birds of the species - and for all the young humans as well). The vampire gets a powerful ally not hindered by sunlight, the mage gets an ally with access to resources and knowledge he doesn't have. Win-win.



Feral, you're wrong, Tremere call themselves Magi (singular Magus), no matter if they are Apprentices, Regents, Lords, Pontifices or members of the Council. They don't call themselves Mages because that's for mortal mages Wink

Some Tremere and Mages have punctual alliances and have some commercial exchanges actually, but because of the global mistrust, around the convenants, the chantries (and I'm talking mage Chantry here), and the fact that mages and vampires can basically kill each other with the mere force of their will.. Well, doesn't scream alliance and friendship, right ? Very Happy
I mean, the possibilities of some alliances would be so beneficial, but most of them don't work out..


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feral
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4367
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 32
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Max and the Plaguebearers   Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:29 am

Thanks for corrective feedback. My memory got a little rusty it seems... Blood Treachery explained this quite well.

As for alliances, well, the Tremere and Order of Hermes are still technically at war with one another. There was no formal truce, not to mention peace since AD 1202. Whhich is the exact reason of Koldun/Tytalan coooperation, however low-profile could it be in modern times. those guys really would do well to get out of their respective sandboxes and get wider perspective... Gehenna approching, Technocracy winning the Ascension War, and they have only old feuds to worry about.

On a second thought, shouldn't the Tremere participate in the Ascension War? They arts are Hermetic after all, and they are slowly beaing subjected to the growing effects of Paradox, Thaumaturgy used to be immune to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Claudia
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4887
Join date : 2010-01-30
Age : 28
Location : France

PostSubject: Re: Max and the Plaguebearers   Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:56 am

No problem Feral, whenever you want Smile *pat pat*

Yes, the House of Tremere is still "banned" and at war with the Order of Hermes.. but.. but the Order of Hermes doesn't exist anymore Very Happy
Anyway, Mages stay within themselves and eventually, kill each other or just die of old age.

As for the Ascension War, I don't really know, they have some implications, but everything published after 97 is so randomly weird, all about the fights of authors to bring a little something more... Blah. they have the Jyhad to worry about too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feral
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4367
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 32
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Max and the Plaguebearers   Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:02 pm

Claudia wrote:
No problem Feral, whenever you want Smile *pat pat*

*rolls on the back exposing tummy and wags* lol!

Claudia wrote:

Yes, the House of Tremere is still "banned" and at war with the Order of Hermes.. but.. but the Order of Hermes doesn't exist anymore Very Happy
Anyway, Mages stay within themselves and eventually, kill each other or just die of old age.

The Order ceased to exist!? In Blood Treachery they were still an organized force and kicking... What has happened?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Claudia
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4887
Join date : 2010-01-30
Age : 28
Location : France

PostSubject: Re: Max and the Plaguebearers   Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:05 pm

Somebody set up us the bomb, that's what happened :-D
Well the order was replaced with the Traditions in Mage, their little convenants and stuff.. There is still the Order of Reason (-> aka technocracy now) but as a whole, Hermes.. Well... Magic died :-(
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian


Posts : 821
Join date : 2010-07-29
Location : Texas, USA

PostSubject: Re: Max and the Plaguebearers   Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:32 pm

Feral wrote:
The Order ceased to exist!? In Blood Treachery they were still an organized force and kicking... What has happened?

It has to do with what Wraith termed 'The Sixth Great Maelstrom', which wrecked the spirit world. Claudia mentioned bombs... The magical 'neutron bombs' detonated in India by the Technocracy to kill the Ravnos Antediluvian weakened the barriers between worlds, and two 'spirit nukes' detonated in the shadowlands (for totally disconnected reasons) flushed everything down the toilet... this spread to the Umbra and killed many mages in Umbral chantries, including some of the biggest leaders of the Tradition factions. While the traditions still exist, they are all the younger, weaker mages; and for all intents and purposes the Ascension War is over because they have no chance of defeating the Technocracy...

[...Or do they? With the external threat abated, many of those in the Technocracy (some decent people, from their point of view) are now free to fight the corruption that is rampant in all of the branches of the Technocracy. (The Order of Reason, which used to be the good guys fighting for the common man, became corrupt; and power became their only goal.) The Technocracy is on the brink of civil war. Some Traditions now work to uncover this corruption, and give the evidence to any Technos that will listen. In this way, even though they can no longer win the Ascension War, at least maybe they can break the Technocracy's power, and end their monopoly on magic and sleepers. This might allow their Traditions to survive into the future, even though they are greatly weakened.]

This is a severely edited version. Also, it is subject to Storyteller adjustment, as always. But this is the basic reason why most of the leadership of the Order of Hermes is either dead, or trapped in another dimension/Umbral Realm/alternate reality. And magic isn't dead, exactly... it's just more difficult than it was, especially in the presence of normal humans ('sleepers').

(Edit.) Or were you talking about how things are in Vampire: The Requiem now?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feral
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4367
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 32
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Max and the Plaguebearers   Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:53 am

Thanks for a briefing. I have read only few Mage books... And it's showing. Laughing

No, I was on good oWoD.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Max and the Plaguebearers   Today at 6:02 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Max and the Plaguebearers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» New in Box Plaguebearers!
» Max and the Plaguebearers
» Scott's Nurgle Demons

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: The Final Nights Forum :: Post Your Reviews and Ideas-
Jump to: