Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Another Steam question

Go down 
AuthorMessage
GabrielvonRichter
Neonate
Neonate
GabrielvonRichter

Another Steam question Empty
PostSubject: Another Steam question   Another Steam question EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 3:36 pm

I had to download the game on Steam, as I lost my install disks for the original retail version of the game (I have the play disk only). I'm on my third computer since I first got Bloodlines, and there's just no telling whatever happened to the old disks. I would buy a new copy, but I have had bad luck with purchasing old games to play again and having them not work properly or even install on the new system. So I went with Steam, who I have several other games through.

I have been trying many mods, including this one, and can't get any of them to work with Steam. I've uninstalled the game and deleted the mods folder literally about ten times now, have tried the latest versions of the mod, and have followed the installation directions to the letter with no luck- every time I install everything and fire up the game, it's just the basic game again. Nothing different at all, as if the mod was not there.

I have turned off the in-game community tab as recommended, and I've turned off the auto update.

I'm running Windows 7.

Has anyone been able to get it to work, and if so HOW?? I have beaten this game every way possible over the years and still love it, but I want a different experience. I'm going insane trying to get the mod to work!
Back to top Go down
GabrielvonRichter
Neonate
Neonate
GabrielvonRichter

PostSubject: Re: Another Steam question   Another Steam question EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 3:50 pm

I might have found a solution to my own problem, I'll post whether or not it works. I'm in the process of reinstalling AGAIN, but trying something different- and something directly against what everyone on other sites says I should be doing. But you can't get any worse than not working, right?
Back to top Go down
GabrielvonRichter
Neonate
Neonate
GabrielvonRichter

PostSubject: Re: Another Steam question   Another Steam question EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 5:33 pm

This time I deleted everything in both Vampire folders- it was spread across both program files sections for some reason. I then installed it into the x86 version only, and now it seems to be running fine, except for a few freezes and stutters, and no music in the club. Everything else is alright, and I can probably just add my own music for the Asylum.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Steam question   Another Steam question Empty

Back to top Go down

Another Steam question
Page 1 of 1