Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Might be me... (tutorial)

Go down 
+4
Claudia
Anthony
Feral
inarion
8 posters
AuthorMessage
inarion
Fledgling
Fledgling

Might be me... (tutorial) Empty
PostSubject: Might be me... (tutorial)   Might be me... (tutorial) EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 10:41 am

After playing through CE, I started on TFN this morning.

I'm not entirely sure whether the following will conjure a storm of laughter and giggling, or if I really ran into an, albeit highly improbable, issue.

On my first character, I made a grave mistake upon creation. I raised neither Obfuscate nor Daimonion above 1. Which leads to my problem - the "use Obfuscate to sneak past that dude"-part of the tutorial. Zer0, intended or not, this very guy here spent 30 minutes on this tutorial obstacle before giving up and rolling a character with obfuscate 2. If it is an issue of "learn to sneak, dude", I'm fully okay with any ridicule following this post (in fact I couldn't stop loughing (at) myself, years of gaming and I'm stuck on the tutorial), however it seems a little out of line to implement this shadow-ninja-ghost-difficulty sneak encounter in the tutorial.

My skill choice might be the only one in all of TFN that can get you stuck here, but I thought I'd let you know anyways.
Feel free to laugh at this, maybe it's completely possible to sneak past that dude. But if you were to build a trigger that prompts the player with a "You seem as sneaky as an african elephant. Would you rather kill that sabbat mongrel instead?" request after maybe the 10th failed attempt at sneaking past him, at least one of your fans would highly appreciate, lol!

Last but not least, thank you for your work, hope you enjoy your creation as well, now that it's released.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Might be me... (tutorial)   Might be me... (tutorial) EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 12:20 pm

Any character with Obfuscate MUST start at level 2. Otherwise, well, you learned it the hard way. And yes , it is kind of bug that was supposed to be fixed in 1.1
Back to top Go down
Anthony
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Might be me... (tutorial)   Might be me... (tutorial) EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 3:30 pm

The tutorial ask to you for SNEAK further the Sabbat gangmember. Obfuscate 1 make you invisible only if you stand still. When you begin to move, say goodbye to Obfuscate pale
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Might be me... (tutorial)   Might be me... (tutorial) EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 5:12 pm

It's possible to succeed the tutorial with obfuscate 1. The guy moves, you have to move while he turns the back, then stand still in obfuscate, then mov again. Takes a lot of time.. But it is possible !
Back to top Go down
Helm
Neonate
Neonate
Helm

PostSubject: Re: Might be me... (tutorial)   Might be me... (tutorial) EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 10:04 am

It's totally possible just takes a little time
Back to top Go down
Shabutaro
Methuselah
Methuselah
Shabutaro

PostSubject: Re: Might be me... (tutorial)   Might be me... (tutorial) EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 2:22 pm

yea, at first i needed like 13 times to succeed, now i do it within 3 times.. pretty easy once u figured out when to move.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Might be me... (tutorial)   Might be me... (tutorial) EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 12:13 pm

It's technically NOT a bug and I've gotten past that part many times with Obfuscate 1, but as I've lurked around the internet reading about player reviews on TFN I've noticed a pattern that this part of the tutorial is extremely difficult for most players (and rightfully so).

When I was (re)designing the tutorial I didn't take into account that not everyone has 1,000 hrs invested in this game like I do so not everyone will know the game mechanics well enough to bypass this part, error on my part really.

So even though it's not a bug, for the sake of everyone's sanity I would like to "fix" this part of the tutorial to make it somehow much easier for beginning (and even veteran) players. So chalk this part of TFN as a booboo by Zer0.... sorry pale
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Might be me... (tutorial)   Might be me... (tutorial) EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 2:10 pm

Did you make changes on that part of the tutorial? Afaik, getting around that guy, using obfuscate, no matter which level you have, was always the goal of the second discipline room. Ok. if I play an obfuscate character, he starts with level 2, because what is the purpose of obfuscate 1?

- geek
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Might be me... (tutorial)   Might be me... (tutorial) EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 2:26 pm

I'm not sure what you're saying in the first part of your question, but the purpose of Obfuscate 1 is so that you can turn invisible as long as you don't move. It's not a very practical power in practice, in my opinion. But for the tutorial, the changes I made didn't affect that part of the tutorial but when I made "sneaking" harder, the shovelhead's awareness was increased so that's why it's so hard now.

Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Might be me... (tutorial)   Might be me... (tutorial) EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 3:03 pm

I wouldn't say, obfuscate 1 is impractical. I'd go as far as saying: it's outright dangerous. As long as you sit still, there is no warning because of the masque icon. And if you start moving, you can suddenly end up in someone's plain view.
Another question about this. Do you have to keep obfuscate active the whole time? Or is it enough to fire it up once? For most disciplines the tutorial just checks activation, not what else you do with it later. You can activate, and then at once deactivate auspex, and the next door will open.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Might be me... (tutorial)   Might be me... (tutorial) EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 3:11 pm

That's the same way with Obfuscate. You can activate it behind the boxes then immediately deactivate, then just follow the guard until he splits off while you continue to the next door. It's easy if you know how to do it.

Hitting Blood Buff will give you a +1 to Sneak which will help you get past that part too, but I've past it plenty of times with Obfuscate 1 and Stealth 1. It's all in the timing.

But still, I'll figure some way to make it easier for the noobs, LOL j/k (about the noob part I mean, I'll still fix it). Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Might be me... (tutorial)   Might be me... (tutorial) Empty

Back to top Go down

Might be me... (tutorial)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: The Final Nights Forum :: Ask a Question-
Jump to: