Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Idea for Lasombra, simple and good, i guess

Go down 
+2
Feral
Raziel_br
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Raziel_br
Fledgling
Fledgling
Raziel_br

Idea for Lasombra, simple and good, i guess Empty
PostSubject: Idea for Lasombra, simple and good, i guess   Idea for Lasombra, simple and good, i guess EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 10:48 pm

I have this idea to Lasombra, I think it's good, and nothing much overpower

Obtenebration

1- Shadow Play (Something like the level one of obfuscation or takes one point of stamina from the target)
2- Shroud of Night (Do something like the effect on the Shade, and make harder to attack the Lasombra, something like when he are in there, he have the high level of obfuscation)
3- Arms of the Abyss (He can summon arms, but if this became hard to do, you can just put to the arms push the enemies to the abyss, killing then, like suicide or demention does)
4- Black Metamorphosis (On the book, the lasombra have tentacles, but if it became hard, you can do to the attack takes 2 points of vigor, and this act like he has obfuscation level 2 or 3, when in the shadows)
5- Tenebrous Form, this may be hard and "useless", so you may put the The Darkness Within (Creates one effect like the blood salvo from the tremere)

my english isn't much good, but i think you can undestand...
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Idea for Lasombra, simple and good, i guess   Idea for Lasombra, simple and good, i guess EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 1:28 pm

Welcome to the Forum, Raziel-br, we like fresh blood here * sniffs air*. Such power I sense in one so young...
I hope you will find beaing with us plesurable.

Your idea seems sound, but it will be up to Zer0 or Childe to decide. I fear that adding Lasombra might upset the balance of Disciplines, because you have limited number of slots for them. One might only replace the other, for example Serpentis took place after Dementation... It works across all Clans, so if you scrap Obfuscate for something else, that goes for all.
Back to top Go down
Raziel_br
Fledgling
Fledgling
Raziel_br

PostSubject: Re: Idea for Lasombra, simple and good, i guess   Idea for Lasombra, simple and good, i guess EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 4:21 pm

i know how to do somethings on C#, and I do warcraft 3 maps...
thanks xD

soo, don't have one way to edit the number of clans on that "ComboBox" on character creation screen?
Don't have a list of clan and diciplines on the Vampire's folder?

I thout that, i thout there was an archive who configures the game, listing all the clans and diciplines to the game read before start, for example: \Vampire - Bloodlines\Vampire\vdata\system\disciplinetgt_000.txt, is the Animalism, and if was that, to add a new dicipline, may be creating a new archive and puting and that list..

and on the same folder, also have the clandoc000.txt, were have this example:
(this is wy i thout that)
Spoiler:

I and thout: "To add a new clan, may be coping and pasting that and changing that thing:"
Spoiler:

I tryed to explain on the better way i can, sory about my english, if you don't undestand very well...i'm brazilian

Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Idea for Lasombra, simple and good, i guess   Idea for Lasombra, simple and good, i guess EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 5:18 pm

Don't worry too much about your English, as long as you try and make your ideas clear.. I can understand what you mean (although I do not code).

The problem is that the game itself is limited by the engine (Half Life 2), and it was coded very, very badly. The Engine limits a certain number of things, such as the number of disciplines and the number of clans. For TFN, Zer0 had to chose 7 different clans that, together, had a pool of a certain number of disciplines. This is why there are clans that do not have special disciplines.

See, for the seven basic clans of the Camarilla, these are the disciplines :
General disciplines :
auspex,
celerity
potence
fortitude
obfuscate
animalism
dominate
presence

clan specific disciplines :
protean
dementation
thaumaturgy

The lasombra have, as a clan, Obtenebration (clan specific), dominate and potence. If we want it to work in theory, we'd need to kick one clan that uses a clan specific discipline. Let's kick the Tremere out. We rebuild Thaumaturgy into Obtenebration, Dominate stays... and their auspex becomes potence ? But the balance of number of clans that have auspex versus number of clans that have potence is changed ! And then, it's all screwed.

Forget about the pen and paper (the book) rules on disciplines, they are thrown away to engine purposes ; it doesn't work in the video game (I mean, I would LOVE to be able to use presence to feed...).

Wait for the WoD Online to come Wink
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Idea for Lasombra, simple and good, i guess   Idea for Lasombra, simple and good, i guess EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 5:29 pm

Another brazilian! hoho soon we will take over the forum Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Raziel_br
Fledgling
Fledgling
Raziel_br

PostSubject: Re: Idea for Lasombra, simple and good, i guess   Idea for Lasombra, simple and good, i guess EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 5:47 pm

ok, thanks

OFF: colé!?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Idea for Lasombra, simple and good, i guess   Idea for Lasombra, simple and good, i guess EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 6:14 pm

ThePhilosopher wrote:
Another brazilian! hoho soon we will take over the forum Twisted Evil
At least you South Americans know which game to call Football.
I never understood, why in the US they call a game football, in which you pick up the ball. And it's not even a real ball bounce

Oh, btw, welcome young one. What's your clan, and does your blood taste sweet? Twisted Evil

For your question. Claudia is basically right. There can only be seven clans. But the limitation on disciplines is not about clan specific and general, or a certain number of e.g. Auspex clans.
the limitation is on targeted disciplines (different effects for every level of the discipline, level selectable) and the ones like celerity, or obfuscate, where you have basically the same effect, but with different strenght, and duration. And always use the highest available.

But the basic problem remains. If we want to add Lasombra, we have to throw out another clan, and swap out one of the targeted disciplines for Obtenebration. Of course it would be wise to select one of the clan specific, targeted disciplines to keep the need for swapping things around to a minimum.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Idea for Lasombra, simple and good, i guess   Idea for Lasombra, simple and good, i guess EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 6:51 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:

Oh, btw, welcome young one. What's your clan, and does your blood taste sweet? Twisted Evil
- geek

As for me it has strange aftertaste... And is way too dark for fresh Blood Laughing

Having Lasombra would be fun, as well as Tzimisce. But Obtenebration would be a nightmare to make properly. Vicissitude would be plain impossible.
Back to top Go down
Raziel_br
Fledgling
Fledgling
Raziel_br

PostSubject: Re: Idea for Lasombra, simple and good, i guess   Idea for Lasombra, simple and good, i guess EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 8:29 pm

blood? What a Face
auahuaha

I like to play with Lasombra and Tremere(my favorite one), but when is to interpret, i like Malkavian(crazy) and gangrel(roar, walking like a best, is cool)
xD

but backing to the topic, I saw the P&P clan mod, and they put one question on the begin of creation, it's a good way to solve this number problem
but the dicipline problem, i realy wanted to know..

I want test something there in my home, just for fun, do you know where, or if, I can find the obfuscate?
because on the vdata have all, but don't have: potence, celerity, fortitude and obfuscate...

I don't think it's a good idea, but you may do lasombra and some other clan, on separated Zip(one for clan, i guess it's better), and this archive coming together with the mod, and if the people want, they use it, and only for safe, one other zip to backup the original clan
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Idea for Lasombra, simple and good, i guess   Idea for Lasombra, simple and good, i guess EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 10:52 pm

P&P mod is horrible. They didn't add anything, no new disciplines, no new clans. they just grab an existing skin of some clan, add some randon disciplines and call them a different name (Protean = Vicissitude? wtf)

The "optional clan" could be considered. I fear, however, that it would get far too complicated to sette bugs that might happen.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Idea for Lasombra, simple and good, i guess   Idea for Lasombra, simple and good, i guess EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 5:36 am

Raziel_br wrote:
blood? What a Face
auahuaha
Hey, stop it! The Mad Doctor Laugh is my job around here Razz

Raziel_br wrote:
I like to play with Lasombra and Tremere(my favorite one), but when is to interpret, i like Malkavian(crazy) and gangrel(roar, walking like a best, is cool)
xD
To quote Bertram on the topic of Gangrel: They can walk upright, they just chose not to do it. *Howls to the moon*

Raziel_br wrote:
but backing to the topic, I saw the P&P clan mod, and they put one question on the begin of creation, it's a good way to solve this number problem
but the dicipline problem, i realy wanted to know..
I wouldn't give a single drop of blood for p&p mod. Stale, reused disciplines, along with pc models that show up as zombies in the character sheet affraid

Raziel_br wrote:
I want test something there in my home, just for fun, do you know where, or if, I can find the obfuscate?
because on the vdata have all, but don't have: potence, celerity, fortitude and obfuscate...
Certainly you won't find a separate file for those disciplines. They are not targeted disciplines. Stats like duration, bloodcost etc. can be found in traiteffects000.txt, stats.txt, and some other files in \vdata. If you want to make something like the p&p "Mask of a thousand faces" for one obfuscate level, just forget it. If you really want to do something like that, you'd have to remove one of the existing targeted disciplines, make obfuscate a new targeted one, and then create a new not targeted discipline to replace the old obfuscate.

Raziel_br wrote:
I don't think it's a good idea, but you may do lasombra and some other clan, on separated Zip(one for clan, i guess it's better), and this archive coming together with the mod, and if the people want, they use it, and only for safe, one other zip to backup the original clan
I have thought about bringing in TFN clans for CE or vice versa, or perhaps giving a choice between normal and city Gangrel. But to do it properly, it would mean copying a lot of files in various directories: sonds, particles and other graphic effects, discipline stats in various files within \vdata, clandoc.txt for the actual description of the clans, and their respective disciplines. Not to mention the tutorial...
So it's basically a good idea, but it would more or less result in a mod in its own right.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Raziel_br
Fledgling
Fledgling
Raziel_br

PostSubject: Re: Idea for Lasombra, simple and good, i guess   Idea for Lasombra, simple and good, i guess EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 2:44 pm

I was not saying the P&P mod was good, because something were... wrong...
but I was talking about they idea to put more than 7 clans on the game...
but I undestand it now, I was asking for one impossible thing, but if I not stating to became boring... is possible to you edit one hunter dicipline, and put this to the player upgrade, like the camarilla edition have the blood buff and blood heal?
yes, that will put the hunters weaker, but one more clan... that will be amazing, and is just put the hunters having more killer weapons to compensate scratch

Quote :
Certainly you won't find a separate file for those disciplines. They are not targeted disciplines. Stats like duration, bloodcost etc. can be found in traiteffects000.txt, stats.txt, and some other files in \vdata. If you want to make something like the p&p "Mask of a thousand faces" for one obfuscate level, just forget it. If you really want to do something like that, you'd have to remove one of the existing targeted disciplines, make obfuscate a new targeted one, and then create a new not targeted discipline to replace the old obfuscate.

I'ts possible to use the Garry's Mod to edit something on Mascarade?
I read in somewhere: "The mascarade was made on the same engine of half life"
and the gmod can edit this

Quote :
To quote Bertram on the topic of Gangrel: They can walk upright, they just chose not to do it. *Howls to the moon*

I use the roar when somebody try to stole my stuffs, like a dog do when you try to take his food from him

Quote :
I have thought about bringing in TFN clans for CE or vice versa, or perhaps giving a choice between normal and city Gangrel. But to do it properly, it would mean copying a lot of files in various directories: sonds, particles and other graphic effects, discipline stats in various files within \vdata, clandoc.txt for the actual description of the clans, and their respective disciplines. Not to mention the tutorial...

when we download a new model(skin or whatever), on the ZIP file, already have the folders, and we just drop these things on the bloodlines, so don't need a tutorial...

but to put a new clan, seeing the by point that it has dozens of models, the file would be too heavy, but it may be possible, don't?
Back to top Go down
YamiRaziel
Methuselah
Methuselah
YamiRaziel

PostSubject: Re: Idea for Lasombra, simple and good, i guess   Idea for Lasombra, simple and good, i guess EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 5:56 pm

Another Raziel fan? Nice.. although many years passed since I started liking Kain more than Raziel Smile

Welcome to the forums!
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitistreviewer.com/
Raziel_br
Fledgling
Fledgling
Raziel_br

PostSubject: Re: Idea for Lasombra, simple and good, i guess   Idea for Lasombra, simple and good, i guess EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 5:14 pm

Raziel_br is my nick in a lot of forums...

he is the best

=D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Idea for Lasombra, simple and good, i guess   Idea for Lasombra, simple and good, i guess Empty

Back to top Go down

Idea for Lasombra, simple and good, i guess
Page 1 of 1