Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ShadowTeks Re-Texture prodject

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ShadowTek
Neonate
Neonate

ShadowTeks Re-Texture prodject Empty
PostSubject: ShadowTeks Re-Texture prodject   ShadowTeks Re-Texture prodject EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 6:33 pm

Hi, I made this thread to start my re-texture project , I have figured out (after MUCH time and work) To resize existing textures to x2 there size with GOOD resolution !! After making my own textures for a bit (thus the delay) Ive decided to use the default textures and simply double them in size, but without any loss of resolution ..

Here is a example, note I converted them to jpg to show them here..
oringinal size:
ShadowTeks Re-Texture prodject Streetaref.th

Doublesize same texture, little if any res loss:
ShadowTeks Re-Texture prodject Streetarefupsized.th

what do you guys think?

Plus remember the game will resize to your resolution .. try them out!
(if you know how, convert to tga.. DDS and build ttz file)

EDIT also note converting them to jpg losses res.. the program Im using is called SizeFixer XL
Back to top Go down
ShadowTek
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: ShadowTeks Re-Texture prodject   ShadowTeks Re-Texture prodject EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 7:17 pm

Ok heres a better example, better then the last one (I'll re-do that one) note the file is 12 megs, ones a jpg of image original, the other is a .tiff file (I have to convert to tiff before tga) Im posting this link so you can see a better example of the double size then the one above..

Note when changed to tgs size will not be so crazy, Im just showing you how exact I can resize a image.. (much better then above)

filesonic.com/file/3982968524/difference.zip

add 3 w's in front

Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: ShadowTeks Re-Texture prodject   ShadowTeks Re-Texture prodject EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 12:14 am

They look identical Shadowtek. If you take an original texture, let's say at 512 and all you do is double the size, sure it's 1024 now but the picture is the same, just larger, it won't increase the resolution. You won't be able to use any of the original textures (unless you call Troika and have them email them to you in a doubled size). You're going to have to find higher resolution pictures that are similiar to the original and chop them up to fit and match, just at double the size.

Sorry...
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: ShadowTeks Re-Texture prodject   ShadowTeks Re-Texture prodject EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 5:28 am

Yeah they are the same :/

It's like zooming on a bad picture. It just makes bigger pixels, but if you do not work on that zoomed picture (to make the pixels better, smoother), then it will change nothing :-(

Then again, I'm using a bad laptop so I might not see well the work :-(
Back to top Go down
ShadowTek
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: ShadowTeks Re-Texture prodject   ShadowTeks Re-Texture prodject EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 5:38 pm

Hmm.. the program Im using is supposed to allow you to resize a image up to 400% larger and restore the loss of resolution, I may not be using it incorrectly, I'll keep playing with it to see if I can get it to do what it says..

heres the link to what Im using :
http://www.fixerlabs.com/EN/upsize/sizefixer/sizefixerxl.htm
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: ShadowTeks Re-Texture prodject   ShadowTeks Re-Texture prodject EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 7:58 am

I just might take bunch of high rez pictures to create textures... <_<

maybe !
Back to top Go down
ShadowTek
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: ShadowTeks Re-Texture prodject   ShadowTeks Re-Texture prodject EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 5:23 pm

Hi guys, Ive been taking your advise and learning how to properly make hi-res textures, but doing it right, here is a example of janets hair I did, I think it came out rather well, Im working on the face now and will post some images when Im done to go with the hair.

I doubled the texture size (2048) and completely retextured them with a very nice hi res image.

I hope you like them. make sure you look at a few at full size.

ShadowTeks Re-Texture prodject Smhub10005.th
ShadowTeks Re-Texture prodject Smhub10006.th
ShadowTeks Re-Texture prodject Smhub10007.th
ShadowTeks Re-Texture prodject Smhub10008.th
ShadowTeks Re-Texture prodject Smhub10009.th
ShadowTeks Re-Texture prodject Smhub10010.th
ShadowTeks Re-Texture prodject Smhub10011.th
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: ShadowTeks Re-Texture prodject   ShadowTeks Re-Texture prodject EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 5:48 pm

She looks more natural now. Good job. Though her hair is a little too fibrous for me, almost as if she wore braids. Or is it my poor monitor?
Back to top Go down
ShadowTek
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: ShadowTeks Re-Texture prodject   ShadowTeks Re-Texture prodject EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 6:17 pm

Not sure, I used alpha blending to make it look more real

Heres the preliminary face in progress, as you can see, its not correct yet (I have to work on the mouth, and eyes) but hopefully you can see the difference... It will look better when Im done, this is just a W.I.P.

ShadowTeks Re-Texture prodject Smhub10013.th
ShadowTeks Re-Texture prodject Smhub10014.th
ShadowTeks Re-Texture prodject Smhub10015.th
ShadowTeks Re-Texture prodject Smhub10016.th
ShadowTeks Re-Texture prodject Smhub10017.th
ShadowTeks Re-Texture prodject Smhub10018.th
Back to top Go down
ShadowTek
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: ShadowTeks Re-Texture prodject   ShadowTeks Re-Texture prodject EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 7:25 pm

Attempt number two on the face, still not perfect but a little better.. granted I have a ways to go to get it perfect.. just showing what Ive learned so far.. I'll keep working on it..

ShadowTeks Re-Texture prodject Smhub10019.th
ShadowTeks Re-Texture prodject Smhub10020.th
ShadowTeks Re-Texture prodject Smhub10021.th

EDIT:

I think I got it, obviously this isnt what she looks like, but for now Im trying to master re- texturing NPC's in hi-res what do you think so far?
(faces are the hard part, if I can get that down, the body and clothes are easy in comparison.)

ShadowTeks Re-Texture prodject Smhub10003.th
ShadowTeks Re-Texture prodject Smhub10004.th
ShadowTeks Re-Texture prodject Smhub10005.th
ShadowTeks Re-Texture prodject Smhub10006.th
ShadowTeks Re-Texture prodject Smhub10007.th
ShadowTeks Re-Texture prodject Smhub10008.th
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: ShadowTeks Re-Texture prodject   ShadowTeks Re-Texture prodject EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 11:39 am

Wow, you are making progress. She looks much more life-like.
But... Isn't she a little too tanned?
Back to top Go down
ShadowTek
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: ShadowTeks Re-Texture prodject   ShadowTeks Re-Texture prodject EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 4:12 pm

Yes, this wont be her face, Im just using her to learn on since I have all her textures extracted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ShadowTeks Re-Texture prodject   ShadowTeks Re-Texture prodject Empty

Back to top Go down

ShadowTeks Re-Texture prodject
Page 1 of 1