Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I've completed TFN.. question about masquerade violation system

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ninja81
Fledgling
Fledgling

I've completed TFN.. question about masquerade violation system Empty
PostSubject: I've completed TFN.. question about masquerade violation system   I've completed TFN.. question about masquerade violation system EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 5:20 pm

Hi all, congratulations for the game, TFN is amazing.
I would like to play the clan quest mod.
Is possible to import the masquerade violation system only into the clan quest mod? Please explain me this..
Tnx in adv.

ps I have some knowledge of how to change the game (script etc)
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: I've completed TFN.. question about masquerade violation system   I've completed TFN.. question about masquerade violation system EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 5:55 pm

Welcome to the most awesome internet forum for (blood)suckers, ninja!
Importing one part of a mod into another mod is technically posible, most of the time. But you would have to rearange the code yourselve, so unless you are a programmer...
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: I've completed TFN.. question about masquerade violation system   I've completed TFN.. question about masquerade violation system EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 6:05 pm

Ninja81,

Thanks a ton for playing TFN, I'm really glad you liked it. Smile

Unforunately there is no "easy" way to bring the masquerade violation system into Clan Quest Mod. It would require map editing and python scripting to do it and it would take someone who knows VTMB modding very well to pull it off in a timely manner. There's really only a small handful of people who could do it, of course I being one of them, but the time it would take to do it vs. my real life schedule and the production of TFN 1.1, wouldn't allow me too.

I'm sorry friend.

Hopefully TFN 1.1 (with the new quests) will wet your appetite to do another play through.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
ninja81
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: I've completed TFN.. question about masquerade violation system   I've completed TFN.. question about masquerade violation system EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 6:17 pm

Hi, tnx for quick reply feral and zero, I have some knowledge to modding vampire, is the procedure similiar to the blood loss effect only? If Yes, I would be able to do it.
Just tell me what to put into xxx.bsp usign vpk tool..
Back to top Go down
ninja81
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: I've completed TFN.. question about masquerade violation system   I've completed TFN.. question about masquerade violation system EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 6:56 pm

I'm looking at the BSP, let's see if I can implement it, i come back later bye Smile
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: I've completed TFN.. question about masquerade violation system   I've completed TFN.. question about masquerade violation system EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 7:03 pm

I can't exactly remember what all I did, but I would use a program called WinCompare to see the differences between TFN's main hub .bsp maps vs Clan Quest Mods main hub .bsp maps. Also you will want to run WinCompare to see the differences between the vamputil.py python file and the python files in the main hub folders.
Back to top Go down
ninja81
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: I've completed TFN.. question about masquerade violation system   I've completed TFN.. question about masquerade violation system EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 7:48 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
I can't exactly remember what all I did, but I would use a program called WinCompare to see the differences between TFN's main hub .bsp maps vs Clan Quest Mods main hub .bsp maps. Also you will want to run WinCompare to see the differences between the vamputil.py python file and the python files in the main hub folders.

Many tanx zero, this help me to save part of my time ^^
Is the program WinMerge? I'm not found win compare
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: I've completed TFN.. question about masquerade violation system   I've completed TFN.. question about masquerade violation system EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 8:14 pm

Winmerge yes, sorry not WinCompare... My fault. Smile

Back to top Go down
ninja81
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: I've completed TFN.. question about masquerade violation system   I've completed TFN.. question about masquerade violation system EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 8:15 pm

I'm go to bed now, resume this work tomorrow, I'm sure almost can do this import in cqm.

Last thing, at the present time, with sdk 0.79 and other tool like zvtool, lipedit, vpk etc, is it possible to create a custom map with sdk and to place material and other enetities with the help of other tools to create new quest and fully playable adventures?

Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: I've completed TFN.. question about masquerade violation system   I've completed TFN.. question about masquerade violation system EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 9:45 am

For the custom map idea, you may want to hop over to the Planet-Vampire.com website. They figured out a way to create new maps but it's still in the early stages so I'm not exactly sure where they stand on that. I haven't tried it yet so I'm not sure.

As far as creating new quests and NPCs, absolutely. We've been doing that for some time now, it's alot of fun.
Back to top Go down
ninja81
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: I've completed TFN.. question about masquerade violation system   I've completed TFN.. question about masquerade violation system EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 12:33 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:

As far as creating new quests and NPCs, absolutely. We've been doing that for some time now, it's alot of fun.

Yes i know this, i mean new quest in custom map.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: I've completed TFN.. question about masquerade violation system   I've completed TFN.. question about masquerade violation system EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 2:55 pm

For the matter of comparing map files, I'd suggest notepad++. That can open the bsp files directly, without having to decompile them first. And it has a file compare option as well. But then you have to do the actual map editing in the vpk tool. And for some reason, if you want to copy more than one line at a time, you have to do it like this:
copy the block you need from the map file in notepad++, paste the clipboard in a new text file, then select and copy again from the new file, and paste this into the map file in vpktool. For some reason, if you paste directly, the linebreaks are lost.

As for new maps. When I last talked to burgermeister about it, he told me that it's certainly possible to create smaller new maps. But it's a shitload of work. And he isn't sure that it will also work with larger maps. He said, he had crashes while loading a large map into the sdk.

So for now, if there are new areas, it will only be small ones. Perhaps a new room in an existing building...
Don't expect a completely new hub next month, or something like that Rolling Eyes

- geek
Back to top Go down
ninja81
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: I've completed TFN.. question about masquerade violation system   I've completed TFN.. question about masquerade violation system EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 6:53 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
For the matter of comparing map files, I'd suggest notepad++. That can open the bsp files directly, without having to decompile them first. And it has a file compare option as well. But then you have to do the actual map editing in the vpk tool. And for some reason, if you want to copy more than one line at a time, you have to do it like this:
copy the block you need from the map file in notepad++, paste the clipboard in a new text file, then select and copy again from the new file, and paste this into the map file in vpktool. For some reason, if you paste directly, the linebreaks are lost.

As for new maps. When I last talked to burgermeister about it, he told me that it's certainly possible to create smaller new maps. But it's a shitload of work. And he isn't sure that it will also work with larger maps. He said, he had crashes while loading a large map into the sdk.

So for now, if there are new areas, it will only be small ones. Perhaps a new room in an existing building...
Don't expect a completely new hub next month, or something like that Rolling Eyes

- geek

Tanx for the tricks and as for new map. I was able to import masq system of tfn into cqm, but hunter spawn only after 2 violations of masquerade, near the wall of pawn shop near the under passage, is it normal?

I've copy 3 script in vamputil def checkMasquerade() def loadMasquerade() def branchHubMasquerade(), delete original def checkMasquerade() and edit sm_hub_1.bsp as a test.

For def branchHubMasquerade() I have not found any evidence in sm_hub_1.bsp, is it normal?

Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: I've completed TFN.. question about masquerade violation system   I've completed TFN.. question about masquerade violation system EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 7:43 pm

The first hunter should spawn in the alley way behind the Asylum in SM after 1 violation. I honestly don't remember where the rest of them spawn from. I would have to get some violations to tell you.

As far as the scripts go, yeah that sounds right. You will still want to WinMerge compare the two .bsp files and see what's different, then import my stuff over to CQM's maps, and same with the vamputil.py file.

Other than that I can't remember what all I did. If I remember right though, I kept it relatively simple. Make sure nothing of his is interfering with my stuff or it could break some things.
Back to top Go down
ninja81
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: I've completed TFN.. question about masquerade violation system   I've completed TFN.. question about masquerade violation system EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 10:54 pm

tnx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I've completed TFN.. question about masquerade violation system   I've completed TFN.. question about masquerade violation system Empty

Back to top Go down

I've completed TFN.. question about masquerade violation system
Page 1 of 1