Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vampire locations

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
FallenRaven
Ancillae
Ancillae
FallenRaven

Vampire locations Empty
PostSubject: Vampire locations   Vampire locations EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 9:28 am

i'm curious about locations where vampires live, mainly in nothern europe (aka finnland, sweden)
thank you for any answers
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Vampire locations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire locations   Vampire locations EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 11:43 am

Cities.

The only official canon knowledge on northern Europe comes from either Dark Ages books (which indicate the Embrace location, for instance, in Jerusalem by Night or House of Tremere, as Etrius is Swedish by birth) or from very, very early books which are contradicted later on by reeditions (mostly "World of Darkness", the very first one).
Read Ashen Thief and a few Dark Ages clan novels, I think it's the one speaking the most about the free Gangrel pagan states and whatnot against christianisation (by Ventrues and Torries, of course, for power's sake)
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

Vampire locations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire locations   Vampire locations EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 2:53 pm

Try the first two "A World of Darkness" sourcebooks, which list prominent Kindred in many cities in various countries. The 1st and 2nd Edition WOD books are based on the Old World of Darkness, and the 'Vampire: the Masquerade' system (like the 'Bloodlines' game). The latest 'World of Darkness' deals with the 'Vampire: the Requiem' system; and I don't think there is much information about vampire locations.

PS - Good luck finding the 1st and 2nd Edition 'A World of Darkness' books in print. DriveThruRPG.com has the 2nd Edition for sale in pdf format for $10. Otherwise, you can find the hard copy on Amazon.com pretty cheaply -- if they mail to your country.

Of course, being a law-abiding citizen, I would never recommend searching the torrent sites, or file storage sites like r***dshare, for e-copies of old WOD and VtM books. 'Cause that's il-LEE-gal. Smile
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

Vampire locations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire locations   Vampire locations EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 4:05 pm

Heavens of the Damned all the way. Very good book, and I think DriveThrouRPG has it. Or some other site.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Vampire locations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire locations   Vampire locations EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 4:07 pm

In anyway, kindred live in cities. Stockholm and whatnot certainly has its Prince and stuff.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

Vampire locations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire locations   Vampire locations EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 9:46 pm

Okay, now that I'm home I dug out my copy of "A World of Darkness" (2nd Edition), and looked up the cold countries. There are only two Kindred listed by name in the far north:

Brunhilde - Gangrel leader of the Valkyries, anarchs who strive to make Scandinavia their own. Many Brujah anarchs, frustrated by their lack of success in mainland Europe, have moved north and allied themselves with the Valkyries. They make the Scandinavian princes very nervous, especially in Sweden.
Louhi - this ancient (and extra crazy) Malkavian is especially worrisome to the Kindred in Finland. There are rumors that she sought a ritual that would blot out the sun. Whether this is true or not, the Finns have as much darkness during the winter as they can handle.

I'm not going to look up any more Swedish or Finnish Kindred who might be in other game supplements. If you are making a Vampire campaign set in any of the Scandinavian countries, I'd suggest making up your own Elder Kindred. If you include too many canon characters from the World of Darkness, your players will expect you to drag out a new 'guest star' every week. Even if you use the same stats as a White Wolf character from some other setting, change the name so that your players don't know what to expect. Keep them guessing. That way the focus will be on your game, not White Wolf's characters.

Feral wrote:
Heavens of the Damned all the way. Very good book, and I think DriveThrouRPG has it. Or some other site.
Havens of the Damned. Good place to find quick NPCs to populate your city, if you don't feel like creating them yourself; but overall I didn't find it that useful.
Back to top Go down
FallenRaven
Ancillae
Ancillae
FallenRaven

Vampire locations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire locations   Vampire locations EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 2:53 am

thanks, i was curious since i live in Stockholm and it's dark from 4 pm to 8 am this time of the year
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Vampire locations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire locations   Vampire locations EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 4:26 am

Well go norther and you get no sun for a bunch of straight nights Very Happy

But once the summer is there, you're all fucked up !

It's the same in southern tips of the countries (Argentina, Chile, Australia, New-Zealand...).
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Vampire locations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire locations   Vampire locations EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 8:11 am

Then they'll probably have migrating vampires in Scandinavia. They travel north for the winter... ...and collide with flocks of migrating birds comming the other way Laughing

- geek
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Vampire locations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire locations   Vampire locations EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 8:21 am

Sure !
The problem of long nights and long days is talked into Nights of Prophecy (but it's Russia and Petersbourg). They bury themselves for the day Very Happy
Back to top Go down
FallenRaven
Ancillae
Ancillae
FallenRaven

Vampire locations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire locations   Vampire locations EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 9:22 am

Claudia wrote:
Sure !
The problem of long nights and long days is talked into Nights of Prophecy (but it's Russia and Petersbourg). They bury themselves for the day Very Happy
Stockholm get as dark as Petersbourg so it's the same problems
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Vampire locations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire locations   Vampire locations Empty

Back to top Go down

Vampire locations
Page 1 of 1