Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Future Edition Ideas

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Pietroschek
Fledgling
Fledgling
Pietroschek

Future Edition Ideas  Empty
PostSubject: Future Edition Ideas    Future Edition Ideas  EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 5:06 pm

I know I am... a bit unconventional to certain minds. My ideas, first in short, then maybe some in detail:

Go play Clan-Quest-MOD 2.1 and ask permission, to include the Clan-based Quests? Balance of Madness alone is worthy to install and play a Strauss-Conform Tremere!!! jocolor

Even better, learn from that and outmatch it with creative alternatives. If possible and yes, I am aware, that such is above my own skill-level, too.

STOP BEING ARROGANT: Particles and Sounds/Schemes pushed to maximum Hardware means half the fans, the downtrodden and less rich, may never play your MOD at all. I learned, how to modify and delete replace, yet most gamers are even dumber. geek

The following is my list of hints on hardware issues, I had no time to change it from Clan-Quest to CE. Yet I played through the game with CE 1.5 before "pestering with my feedback". clown

Feel free, to check Pietroschek_Clandoc_Tweak at www.moddb.com (AddOns), too. santa

IT IS SIMPLY ALL I CAN CONTRIBUTE concerning constructive criticism and feedback.

HINTS if you experience lots of game crashes:

1st know, that you should make backups of any original files before meddling or overwriting, just to be able to restore your game!

2nd know, that my suspicions are purely based on my own game running more stable after doing it. No guarantees.

3rd make sure you do a Windows CHKDSK or Scandisk or Linux REISERFS or FSCK scan for errors and autocorrect them. Virus scan, if you are connected to the Internet or forgot to do one on your downloaded MOD, too!!!

4th, if using Windows: Ensure, that your Audio-Codecs are in optimized priority listing. Open Sounds and Audio Devices, find the codecs and a.) configure those which need it and b.) place the more modern on rank 1, 2 or 3. My list has 11 entries and some are OLD. Lame and Fraunhofer are well-known ones you can get in modern, updated versions, in example.

BASIC STEPS, which are often needed.

Start the game with console option.
Check, if console reports errors in files!
Note which files are reported as troublesome.
C:\Program Files\Activision\Vampire - Bloodlines\Vampire\vdata\system

LevelingTemplates and DisciplineTGT files can be deleted without too much trouble. Again, make backups before doing it!

Regular Game Options:
My machine runs better, when using minimum particles & disabling bump-mapping. Contrary to manual I use 1024x768 resolution, not 800x600 as the 2nd wastes shaders and gamma.

MORE DRASTIC MEASURES:

Delete all files from the following folder:
C:\Program Files\Activision\Vampire - Bloodlines\Vampire\sound\schemes

Delete all files from the following folder:
C:\Program Files\Activision\Vampire - Bloodlines\Vampire\sound\music

WAV issue: File properties are too modern for the game is my guess. Schemes make WAVs sound through overlarge settings, results in plenty of crashes, Santa Monica Pier has 2 just by sound.

MP3 vague guess: Game is too old, for more modern LAME compressions and settings? This is for those with music MODs or older PC!

CPU: RTF ReadMe, some MODs tell you, that CPU 2,4 GHZ and RAM 2GB or more are needed! To play them anyway, delete particle file in vdata/system, consider what I wrote about schemes & music files here and try? My crappy old PC has 2,1 GHZ with 1,5 GB Ram and got them running.

I did put my CONFIG.CFG and AUTOEXEC into a folder named Backup originals before use.
They belong into:
C:\Program Files\Activision\Vampire - Bloodlines\Vampire\cfg
Back to top Go down
http://scribd.com/pauper/documents
YamiRaziel
Methuselah
Methuselah
YamiRaziel

PostSubject: Re: Future Edition Ideas    Future Edition Ideas  EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 6:18 pm

What did I just read? Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitistreviewer.com/
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Future Edition Ideas    Future Edition Ideas  EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 12:48 pm

YamiRaziel wrote:
What did I just read? Shocked

LOL, he is undoubtedly Malkavian. scratch
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Future Edition Ideas    Future Edition Ideas  EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 8:32 am

Hm, I don't see the meaning of all this either.
Deleting the sound schemes only makes the game use the original ones from the archives. That means, if the unpacked schemes were unpacked for bug fixes, you get all the bugs from before the patches back. And for CE of course that means disabling the custom sound system. Well it's your choice...

The music files are unpacked by the game installer itself, not by any patch or mod. So deleting these files might even make it more difficult, instead of easier for the game engine. And of course, if a patch or mod changes the sound path for music on a map file, the file is not found and causes errors. And missing music.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Future Edition Ideas    Future Edition Ideas  Empty

Back to top Go down

Future Edition Ideas
Page 1 of 1