Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Underworld

Go down 
+4
Dragatus
Maxus Corvin
Childe of Malkav
Bloodstone
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Bloodstone
Elder
Elder
Bloodstone

Underworld Empty
PostSubject: Underworld   Underworld EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 5:19 am

With Underworld Awakening out soon. I was wondering what others here think
of the previous films.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Underworld Empty
PostSubject: Re: Underworld   Underworld EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 6:02 am

Hm, the first one is a nice action movie. The action sequencies are well made, though with combatants of both sides mostly wearing dark leather, and fighting at a very fast pace in badly lit environment, I never really could tell who killed whom, but that wasn't even necessary to enjoy the film.
For their lore, I had a good laugh at the uv-ammo and some of the other things.

The second one is just a sequel. Not really good, but not too bad either.

Rise of the lycans is nothing but showoff for the CGI department.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Bloodstone
Elder
Elder
Bloodstone

Underworld Empty
PostSubject: Re: Underworld   Underworld EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 6:23 am

[quote]Rise of the lycans is nothing but showoff for the CGI department.

I agree with you about the 3rd one. Very CGI heavy.

I liked Viktor thought. Nasty.
And I always thought that Selene would make a good skin model. All that black leather.
Back to top Go down
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maxus Corvin

Underworld Empty
PostSubject: Re: Underworld   Underworld EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 6:35 am

The first two I like, since they don't really leave much out. While the third does tell you why the castle shown in Evolution was sitting there abandoned, among other things, it leaves an odd impression. Which is, that after the Lycans attacked that Castle, the three Vampire Elders went into hiding(perhaps quite true, but it leaves out the idea that they would set up somewhere else, though that is obvious, given the first movie). It is obvious from the first movie that at some point afterwards, the plot from the first movie comes into play, about Lucian's supposed death.

As for the new one, I am interested in seeing it.
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

Underworld Empty
PostSubject: Re: Underworld   Underworld EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 10:39 am

I quite liked the first one. The vampires vs werewolves concept seemed quite original at that time, the action scenes were well done, and for a very long time it was unclear who were the good guys and who were the bad guys.

The second one was okay, I guess. It was entertaining enough to watch once.

I haven't seen Rise of the Lycans.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Underworld Empty
PostSubject: Re: Underworld   Underworld EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 5:50 pm

Yep, Voraxith, I think you're right. Kate Beckinsale in vinyl is the best two reasons for watching Underworld. Razz

- geek

P.S. As I grew up before the CD finally replaced the LP, for me the word "vinyl" doesn't so much mean clothes, but the CD's predecessor. But that kind of outfit is probably more apropriate for Imalia, at least pre embrace Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

Underworld Empty
PostSubject: Re: Underworld   Underworld EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 6:25 pm

I liked the first Underworld movie, although any attempt to explain werewolves by scientific means always falls short. Vampires maybe... they become stronger, faster, etc.; although they have none of the supernatural-style disciplines. But science doesn't explain how the Lycans change into a shape that obviously has more mass than their previous shape. Conservation of mass, anyone? Just silly. But I was willing to ignore that, because the movie was kind of fun (and the ladies wuz hotteez).

The second one wsa okay until the final battle scene, and then they went past the point where I could suspend my disbelief. Selene blows a hole in the ceiling and the full moon shines down, waking up the guys who had been bitten by the big wolfie guy. Okay, I can buy that. The battle continues, and lasts maybe a half hour. Then the sun rises, and shines down through the same hole, onto Selene, the main character. Really, guys? During the full moon, the sun & moon are on opposite sides of the Earth; so you have to wait around twelve hours for them to be in roughly the same position in the sky. Not half an hour. Not to mention the fact that the sun was, as I said, rising, and yet it's shining down almost vertically through a hole in the ceiling. I'm sure I'm among a small percentage of people who noticed this glitch -- but the screenwriter(s) should have noticed it too.

In the third movie, I liked the history behind the war, plus I always like seeing Bill Nighy (Victor) and Rhona Mitra (Victor's daughter). But it was nothing we didn't already know from seeing the first movie. That's the problem with any prequel... you already know the ending.

I'll probebly go see the fourth movie too. Not expecting much, but we'll see.
Back to top Go down
YamiRaziel
Methuselah
Methuselah
YamiRaziel

Underworld Empty
PostSubject: Re: Underworld   Underworld EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 8:32 pm

The first movie was really good for its time. Kate Backinsale I love you . The second one was okay. Nothing special, no desire to rewatch it... ever. The third one was better than the second one in my opinion. It gave us Victor... again!
Bill Nighy... really really really good actor. It saddens me that he won't be in the forth movie.
Merry Christmas every one!
Bill Nighy singing Christmas song in Love Actually
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitistreviewer.com/
GabrielvonRichter
Neonate
Neonate
GabrielvonRichter

Underworld Empty
PostSubject: Re: Underworld   Underworld EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 8:00 am

Sorry, a bit late to give my two cents...

First movie- I don't even remember it coming out in theaters. Saw it on the shelf at the local video store when it came out on DVD, thought it looked interesting (at least another vampire movie to add to the collection). I don't think I even really knew who Kate Beckinsale was at that point (only thing I'd seen her in was Pearl Harbor, and I slept through the first two hours of that abomination). Got it home and watched it that night.... and wow. Was, in many ways, how I had always seen the old WoD- urban, dark, colorless and brutal. The war between Caini- err, Vampires and Lupi- err, Lycans was more central than in our version, but made more sense in this setting than Cammys vs. Shovelheads. Interesting characters, well done fight scenes that actually made the combatants look 'supernatural' without looking 90% CGI, and really cool looking Lupi- err, Lycans. Bill Nighy as Viktor ROCKS. Raze and Lucien, kickass. And Kate Beckinsale in black pleather... drunken Michael... ABOMINATION!!!! (how many other WoD vets screamed that at the screen?) But still, quickly became one of my favorite insomnia-night go-to movies.

Second movie- Friend and I (both WoD fanatics) went to see it at midnight when it premiered. Liked it for the most part, especially William and Markus. Cheered like mad when The Abomination died, threw things and swore at the screen when he came back to life. Picked the fight apart in the same way as stated above- you weren't the only one to notice all those issues. We did, however, like the whole death-by-spinning-rotor ending. Wonder what the agg roll for that would be? Either way, she rolled all 10s. Plus, the whole epically hot chick with alabaster skin love scene... Twisted Evil

Third movie- The recasting issue to go with Kraven's 'You who reminded him so much of his precious Sonja' line and cast an actress who looked like Kate/Selene irked me to no end- she's BLONDE in the flashback scenes for Caine's sake. Though a whole movie with Lucien was cool, and I like the way they explained him being the 'head' Lupi- err, Lycan even though he's obviously not William. On the whole, it had its good points (more Viktor, big epic fang-vs-claw climax) but on the whole was doomed to the abyss that swallows all prequels.

This one? Will see it. Probably by myself, as the wife has no desire to see it (hates Her Hotness Kate and all things Vampire). Will probably be disappointed. But you know what? To be honest, most Vampire movies are terrible. I'll give my support to one of the few franchises that's managed to turn out several movies I like and continue to at least attempt to combine a visually attractive film with a well written script instead of just more and more CGI fightscenes and less sense to the plot (Matrix anyone?).

And did I mention I like Kate Beckinsale in black pleather? bounce
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Underworld Empty
PostSubject: Re: Underworld   Underworld EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 6:39 pm

Kate Beckinsale in leather? I'm not a dog but I'll pant anyways!!! bounce affraid

Underworld Underworld-image-kate-beckinsale
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
GabrielvonRichter
Neonate
Neonate
GabrielvonRichter

Underworld Empty
PostSubject: Re: Underworld   Underworld EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 8:06 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Kate Beckinsale in leather? I'm not a dog but I'll pant anyways!!! bounce affraid

I was sold on the epic ass-shot as she walked up the stairs and through the door past the camera, into the 'coven' in the first one.

https://youtu.be/TMYyhBtQ1PU?t=35s
First shot after the studio marquis ends.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Underworld Empty
PostSubject: Re: Underworld   Underworld EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 9:58 pm

GabrielvonRichter wrote:
First shot after the studio marquis ends.

I'm not a lumberjack but I've got wood!!! tongue
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
GabrielvonRichter
Neonate
Neonate
GabrielvonRichter

Underworld Empty
PostSubject: Re: Underworld   Underworld EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 8:06 pm

Looks good out of cotume too. Twisted Evil

Underworld 399729_363571553669007_250626018296895_1479477_1009508124_n
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Underworld Empty
PostSubject: Re: Underworld   Underworld Empty

Back to top Go down

Underworld
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: Team Camarilla International Forum :: The TCI Community Dark Room-
Jump to: