Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Can't enter Santa Monica (CE 1.5)

Go down 
+3
Childe of Malkav
Claudia
kharok
7 posters
AuthorMessage
kharok
Fledgling
Fledgling

Can't enter Santa Monica (CE 1.5) Empty
PostSubject: Can't enter Santa Monica (CE 1.5)   Can't enter Santa Monica (CE 1.5) EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 3:40 am

Hello there everyone!

A few hours ago I finished Bloodlines for the first time. About thirty seconds into the credits I got the urge for another run. On my first run I used an unmodded (but patched) version of the game but this time I want to try something else. A bit of research led me here. Unfortunately though very early in the game I ran into a brick wall.
When I try to leave my haven and enter Santa Monica for the first time after the tutorial the game crashes and I get the following error:

no precache:
models/characters/npc/common/prostitute/tfn/prostitute_2/prostitute_2_ref.mdl

I have installed the mod (version 1.5) over a clean installation of the game as per the instructions. I'm using the old CD version of the game and I am running it on W7 x64 in XP comp mode if that helps. I have tried reinstalling the game and the mod a second time but the problem persists. I should also mention that I'm using a noCD crack since I don't have a disc drive on my laptop. The crack modifies vampire.exe and vampire.dll only and it didn't cause me any problems with UP 7.9 or TPG.

I hope there is a way to resolve this. If not I guess I'll just have to run it unmodded again. Can't wait to try a Malkavian!

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Can't enter Santa Monica (CE 1.5)   Can't enter Santa Monica (CE 1.5) EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 3:49 am

Never ever ever install a mod over another!!

CE must be installed over a clean copy or over unofficial patch up to the version used on CE (up 7.8 I think).

Erase everything, reinstall your game, and ditch nocd. Use daemon tools or buy the game on steam.
Back to top Go down
kharok
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Can't enter Santa Monica (CE 1.5)   Can't enter Santa Monica (CE 1.5) EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 4:08 am

Claudia wrote:
Never ever ever install a mod over another!!

CE must be installed over a clean copy or over unofficial patch up to the version used on CE (up 7.8 I think).

Erase everything, reinstall your game, and ditch nocd. Use daemon tools or buy the game on steam.

Hello there and thanks for the reply. But as I stated in my post I did install it on a clean copy.

About the noCD patch I don't really feel like spending 20€ for a game I already own. And daemon tools only works for installing the game but not actually playing it.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Can't enter Santa Monica (CE 1.5)   Can't enter Santa Monica (CE 1.5) EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 4:25 am

Daemon tools works perfectly. You have to put in the first cd image in there (that's how I run it because my cd player doesn't work anymore).

Are you sure it was a clean copy ? Like, just installed, unpatched version ? Not the kind you have when you "uninstall" the mods, you have to reinstall the game from scratch...
It says Tfn, did you install the final nights ?

Its the first time I've seen this problem, are your files corrupt ? Did you install it on the right folders ? (when in tutorial, did you notice differences in the game ? As feeding, blood buff in your charactersheet...)
Back to top Go down
kharok
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Can't enter Santa Monica (CE 1.5)   Can't enter Santa Monica (CE 1.5) EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 4:39 am

Claudia wrote:
Daemon tools works perfectly. You have to put in the first cd image in there (that's how I run it because my cd player doesn't work anymore).

Are you sure it was a clean copy ? Like, just installed, unpatched version ? Not the kind you have when you "uninstall" the mods, you have to reinstall the game from scratch...
It says Tfn, did you install the final nights ?

Its the first time I've seen this problem, are your files corrupt ? Did you install it on the right folders ? (when in tutorial, did you notice differences in the game ? As feeding, blood buff in your charactersheet...)

When I try to run it with Daemon tools it doesn't recognize the CD. I get the "Please insert VTM Bloodlines Disk 1....." message. And yes I am sure it is a clean installation. I uninstalled the game and deleted the folder before reinstalling it. I assume it says tfn because CE 1.5 uses a few things from it (I remember reading in the notes or here on the forum that the creator borrowed some things from TFN) since I haven't installed any other mods than the CE 1.5 I downloaded from the link on this forum.

The game works perfectly during the tutorial. The new disciplines and all. Everything looks good up until the point where it crashes :/
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Can't enter Santa Monica (CE 1.5)   Can't enter Santa Monica (CE 1.5) EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 4:48 am

Okay I'll make a tutorial for daemon ;-)

Now that most common errors have been eliminated, well maybe it's a true problem (I had not had it, ever).

Sorry if I insisted on random user errors, they are so common...
Childe ?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Can't enter Santa Monica (CE 1.5)   Can't enter Santa Monica (CE 1.5) EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 6:37 am

Hi kharok,
welcome to the forum.

A "no precache" error should not cause the game to crash. The path for the prostitute model with tfn in it is correct.
A crash on leaving your Santa Monica haven could be caused by using a troublesome custom music file on the sm-hub.
But I think it more probable that the problem is caused by the vampire.dll.
Go to the -bloodlines\vampire\dlls\ subdirectory. There you should find a file vampire.dll.nocd. Rename vampire.dll to vampire.dll.bak or something, and then rename the nocd one to vampire.dll.
Since I own the DVD version that doesn't need a disk in the drive right from the start, I never had any problem of this kind. The different dll versions are part of Wesps patch and therefore should be tested.
Please try this and keep me updated.

- geek
Back to top Go down
kharok
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Can't enter Santa Monica (CE 1.5)   Can't enter Santa Monica (CE 1.5) EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 6:57 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Hi kharok,
welcome to the forum.

A "no precache" error should not cause the game to crash. The path for the prostitute model with tfn in it is correct.
A crash on leaving your Santa Monica haven could be caused by using a troublesome custom music file on the sm-hub.
But I think it more probable that the problem is caused by the vampire.dll.
Go to the -bloodlines\vampire\dlls\ subdirectory. There you should find a file vampire.dll.nocd. Rename vampire.dll to vampire.dll.bak or something, and then rename the nocd one to vampire.dll.
Since I own the DVD version that doesn't need a disk in the drive right from the start, I never had any problem of this kind. The different dll versions are part of Wesps patch and therefore should be tested.
Please try this and keep me updated.

- geek

Hello there and thanks for the help and the welcome Very Happy

That dll seems to be the same one I have been using so far (they're identical in size, to the byte) so unsurprisingly I still get the same crash. I did notice that the error message sometimes points to .../tfn/prostitute_1/prostitute_1_ref.mdl instead of .../tfn/prostitute_2/prostitute_2_ref.mdl. Probably irrelevant but I thought I should mention it.

Here is the crash log generated from the latest crash if that could help:
Quote :

* * * Vampire Crash Data Log, Generated From Exe Built On: Oct 6 2004 * * *

vampire caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
in module engine.dll at 0023:20041540.

Write to location 00000036 caused an access violation.

Context:
EDI: 0x0001c690 ESI: 0x20a3f490 EAX: 0x00000000
EBX: 0x0000081e ECX: 0x0001c6c6 EDX: 0x00000000
EIP: 0x20041540 EBP: 0x1ec60000 SegCs: 0x00000023
EFlags: 0x00210206 ESP: 0x0018b4dc SegSs: 0x0000002b

Bytes at CS:EIP:
66 89 6c 02 36 8b 54 24 14 eb 07 66 8b 29 66 89

-----[ SysInfo ]-----
Error occurred at 1/3/2012 11:44:02.
8 processor(s), type 586.
37% memory in use.
1024 MBytes physical memory.
1024 MBytes physical memory free.
2048 MBytes paging file.
1024 MBytes paging file free.
2048 MBytes user address space.
827 MBytes user address space free.

-----[ StackTrace ]-----

-----[ ScopeTrace ]-----
SCOPE_TRACE data, stack depth = 6
05. CBaseAnimating::SetModel (prostitute_1) models/character/npc/common/prostitute/tfn/prostitute_2/prostitute_2_ref.mdl
04. CBaseCombatCharacter::SetModel (prostitute_1)
03. CServerGameDLL::GameFrame ()
02. RunListenServer ()
01. CEngineAPI::Run ()
00. LauncherMain ()

-----[ ModuleList ]-----
"Huge list of over a hundred files from different programs"

Back to top Go down
mouser9169
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Can't enter Santa Monica (CE 1.5)   Can't enter Santa Monica (CE 1.5) EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:04 am

Nuke it from orbit.

My next try would be do a fresh install to a different named directory (prefererably on another drive/partition) to make sure there are no artifacts left over or a bad disc sector causing the problem.

Again - just the game, then the mod. In fact, you can install the mod to an empty directory, and then copy/paste the files (do the merge and overwrite choices when prompted) to your new installed directory.

Sorry, that's all I can think of. The different models causing the crash probably have to do with the semi-random placement on the map and which one happens to be referenced first. At least, that's my take on that.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Can't enter Santa Monica (CE 1.5)   Can't enter Santa Monica (CE 1.5) EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 10:13 am

mouser9169 wrote:
My next try would be do a fresh install to a different named directory (prefererably on another drive/partition) to make sure there are no artifacts left over or a bad disc sector causing the problem.

Again - just the game, then the mod. In fact, you can install the mod to an empty directory, and then copy/paste the files (do the merge and overwrite choices when prompted) to your new installed directory.

All of these things are true, and his first suggestion is a good idea. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
kharok
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Can't enter Santa Monica (CE 1.5)   Can't enter Santa Monica (CE 1.5) EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 1:49 pm

Problem solved guys! Since it seemed likely that the noCD patch was the culprit considering nobody else had the same problem I went out looking for an alternative. After a couple of hours of searching to no avail I finally remembered that I never had to use the patch at all when I did my first run using the TPG. So I copied the vampire.exe and vampire.dll from that patch and now the game works like a charm! Of course I can't be sure that I won't run into any problems in the future, but for now I'm back to delving into the madness of the Malkavian.

Thanks a bunch for the help guys. I never expected people to be this helpful on an online forum Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Can't enter Santa Monica (CE 1.5)   Can't enter Santa Monica (CE 1.5) EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 4:47 pm

kharok wrote:

Thanks a bunch for the help guys. I never expected people to be this helpful on an online forum Very Happy
Then up until now you have visited the wrong forums. Cool
And we only do it to make you careless, so that we can easier drain you later on... Twisted Evil

- geek
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Can't enter Santa Monica (CE 1.5)   Can't enter Santa Monica (CE 1.5) EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 5:26 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
kharok wrote:

Then up until now you have visited the wrong forums. Cool
And we only do it to make you careless, so that we can easier drain you later on... Twisted Evil

- geek

Yea, kharok, if that forum is great for one reason only it is exactly this. But you had to solve it by yourselve anyway lol!
*thinks*
Hey! We have conspired with Voraxith to drain this fledgling already, so find your own little... Oooops!
Disregard what I'm saying, I don't know what I'm saying!
*earth melds*

Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Can't enter Santa Monica (CE 1.5)   Can't enter Santa Monica (CE 1.5) EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 7:53 pm

*appears from the dirt*
Wow, congrats Voraxith... Mathusaleh... It must look great on the tag dangling from your collar lol!
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Can't enter Santa Monica (CE 1.5)   Can't enter Santa Monica (CE 1.5) EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 12:37 pm

Hey Voraxith,
when you challenge Feral for alpha status, don't forget to invite me to the show Laughing

- geek
Back to top Go down
carlosgmsousa
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Can't enter Santa Monica (CE 1.5)   Can't enter Santa Monica (CE 1.5) EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 3:07 pm

kharok wrote:
Problem solved guys! Since it seemed likely that the noCD patch was the culprit considering nobody else had the same problem I went out looking for an alternative. After a couple of hours of searching to no avail I finally remembered that I never had to use the patch at all when I did my first run using the TPG. So I copied the vampire.exe and vampire.dll from that patch and now the game works like a charm! Of course I can't be sure that I won't run into any problems in the future, but for now I'm back to delving into the madness of the Malkavian.

I'm having a problem similar to yours, but my game crashes when I try to go to the Elizabeth Dane. How did you fix the problem? I dont know what the TPG is. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks everyone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can't enter Santa Monica (CE 1.5)   Can't enter Santa Monica (CE 1.5) Empty

Back to top Go down

Can't enter Santa Monica (CE 1.5)
Page 1 of 1