Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Armors

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TheInvoker
Elder
Elder

Armors Empty
PostSubject: Armors   Armors EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 6:06 pm

What about being able to sell armors when we buy a new one???
I don't need 5 armors Smile
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

Armors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armors   Armors EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 7:48 pm

Good idea, but don't forget better armor reduces Dexterity. So picking locks gets harder. Unless you keep the lowest grade armor.
But your approach to the problem would at least reduce the " I got into office, change armor, get items from safe, change again and go out in less than 30 seconds making no noise" situations. Funny but annoying.
Back to top Go down
TheInvoker
Elder
Elder

Armors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armors   Armors EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 8:28 pm

Feral wrote:
Good idea, but don't forget better armor reduces Dexterity. So picking locks gets harder. Unless you keep the lowest grade armor.
But your approach to the problem would at least reduce the " I got into office, change armor, get items from safe, change again and go out in less than 30 seconds making no noise" situations. Funny but annoying.

i know....i'm only saying that would be nice to have the possibility to sell them. we can still keep them all if we want.
and...as a gangrel i keep the one from downtown that doesn't reduce dexterity since i need stealth and security but i have stamina and fortitude.
With a mental pg,the higher armor the better since instead of stealth it will use dialogues to solve quests (or adavance in them) so dexterity is not so important......just a choice depending on your Vampire!
Back to top Go down
mouser9169
Elder
Elder

Armors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armors   Armors EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 9:10 pm

Feral wrote:

Aarggh... Don't get me going on that. One of the first things I always change, though I really haven't found a "good" replacement for it that I'm happy enough with to really recommend on the ideas board. Best I've come up with so far is ranged combat.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Armors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armors   Armors EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 12:12 pm

Will you buy clothing to walmart, wear them in the sewers and all that, then go back and expect them to buy it back from you ?

It's not "armor", it's clothing, more or less protective. Second-hand clothing is hard to sell, especially if it's "normal" clothing (like, vintage or special style clothing, yeah, but... selling a basic pair of jeans or a warm coat to the first person you see is kind of hard, while ammo or guns, or weapons, or jewelry, that's much more doable due to the fact that there is a black market for it Wink )
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Armors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armors   Armors EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 1:04 pm

There also is a simple technical reason, why you cant drop or sell any clothes: If you are wearing anything better than simple light clothing, and you drop that set from your inventory (or sell it for that matter), the game switches the character model back to armor 0 (lt cloth), but the stats are not changed. So if you were to don the heavy cloth, then drop it from your inventory, pick it up again, put it on, drop it... you can increase your soak pool to infinity.
As there is no known way to fix this bug, Wesp decided to make any cloting items undroppable and unsellable, and I completely agree on this.

And for a more game related reason, I agree with Claudia. You just can't sell your used jeans, or last year's summer dress to just any vendor. You might be able to pawn it off, but the resell value would have to be somewhere near 10$ max.

- geek
Back to top Go down
TheInvoker
Elder
Elder

Armors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armors   Armors EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 2:07 pm

Claudia wrote:
Will you buy clothing to walmart, wear them in the sewers and all that, then go back and expect them to buy it back from you ?

It's not "armor", it's clothing, more or less protective. Second-hand clothing is hard to sell, especially if it's "normal" clothing (like, vintage or special style clothing, yeah, but... selling a basic pair of jeans or a warm coat to the first person you see is kind of hard, while ammo or guns, or weapons, or jewelry, that's much more doable due to the fact that there is a black market for it Wink )

poor explanation....
so tell me why a t-shirt should grant me a +1 soak..... clothes ar not armor,from t-shirts to the most heavy jacket you use to ski.....if someone shot me,i'm dead anyway so it's nonsense that in the game the clothes have different stats.
Since they have...i consider them armors.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Armors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armors   Armors EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 2:12 pm

Ever wore a biker jacket and got hit (a good slap in the back, for instance) while wearing it ? Then a heavy t-shirt ? Then nothing ?
In one case you'll feel nothing, in the other there will be some little pain, and in the third one, you're likely to get a bruise.

Even if you buy a bullet proof jacket, a helmet, biker's protection, or even a SWAT gear, you'll never be able to sell it right off to any salesman for a fair amount. It's USED Wink And it's illegal.

You try and sell for a decent price used armors who have received bullets dude Wink
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Armors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armors   Armors EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 5:26 pm

Of course you can get a fair price for your kevlar vest if there are bullets sticking in it. Shows that it's the genuine stuff, and not some faulty crap lol!

- geek
Back to top Go down
TheInvoker
Elder
Elder

Armors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armors   Armors EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 7:59 am

Claudia wrote:
Ever wore a biker jacket and got hit (a good slap in the back, for instance) while wearing it ? Then a heavy t-shirt ? Then nothing ?
In one case you'll feel nothing, in the other there will be some little pain, and in the third one, you're likely to get a bruise.

Even if you buy a bullet proof jacket, a helmet, biker's protection, or even a SWAT gear, you'll never be able to sell it right off to any salesman for a fair amount. It's USED Wink And it's illegal.

You try and sell for a decent price used armors who have received bullets dude Wink

so why can i sell used weapons?? stolen watches?? medicines that only a real doctor can have?? a used an maybe damaged baseball bat??
It's all used in the game.

you want a game like in real life??? so let me go to Chinatown and buy clothes from there when i want and not when they want me to go....maybe it's too expensive to buy them at the beginning but if i want...
It' very curious that i always find better clothes in the next place i have to go,don't you think??? it's only clothes,i could buy them anywhere
Since the game force me to this,it's fair i can sell the old one when i buy the new one.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

Armors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armors   Armors EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 8:36 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:

And for a more game related reason, I agree with Claudia. You just can't sell your used jeans, or last year's summer dress to just any vendor. You might be able to pawn it off, but the resell value would have to be somewhere near 10$ max.

- geek

What about adding a charity shop? Then you could donate? Laughing And get a sticker reading "Good citizen" or "Good Christian". To see it on a Baali. lol! Or would they be repulsed by Christian stickers?

Last edited by Feral on Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : retarded spelling)
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Armors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armors   Armors EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 11:45 am

TheInvoker wrote:
Claudia wrote:

so why can i sell used weapons?? stolen watches?? medicines that only a real doctor can have?? a used an maybe damaged baseball bat??
It's all used in the game.

you want a game like in real life??? so let me go to Chinatown and buy clothes from there when i want and not when they want me to go....maybe it's too expensive to buy them at the beginning but if i want...
It' very curious that i always find better clothes in the next place i have to go,don't you think??? it's only clothes,i could buy them anywhere
Since the game force me to this,it's fair i can sell the old one when i buy the new one.

Guns and stolen goods, as well as narcotics have fairly good black market value. The baseball bat and the knife have also black market value, even if they're used, but it's still pretty low, compared to their price in regular stores ; Used clothing has no value in the black market.
You can't go to chinatown right away, sadly, and you have to wait for Mercurio to have some of the high class guns before being able to buy them. The game is not pure sandbox, and plus, if you leave SantaMonica before having done what you were asked to, well, the sheriff will run after you Wink
Plus, your character knows he's in danger if he goes to places without knowing wtf is in there (at least a minimum). Vampires are urban creatures who dislike strongly getting into unknown places : the unknown scares the beast anyway -> go safe way and stay where you know.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Armors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Armors   Armors Empty

Back to top Go down

Armors
Page 1 of 1