Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ocean House Follow up

Go down 
+7
Childe of Malkav
PGM1961
kyoden
Zer0Morph
Maxus Corvin
Feral
Claudia
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Ocean House Follow up Empty
PostSubject: Ocean House Follow up   Ocean House Follow up EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 3:19 pm

Because it's may be brand new content to allow people to discover a bit more of the world of darkness, I'm posting this to TFN's new ideas section. But Childe, if you like, you take ! Very Happy

I've talked about it in a raw state to BG01 for Clan Quest Mod (right here, clic me)

The Ocean House map is one of the awesomest and most known of Bloodlines, and I always wondered what would happen after. I always wanted to ask Strauss about the ghosts and the umbra, I always wanted to ask the giovanni about it (but we only speak to the mortals so they know shit :-()...

Jeanette throws the pendant into the pacific no matter what you do, actually, even if you keep it and only give it to Therese (see the emails, yep, Jeanette emails her telling her to look out for her pendant in the pacific). Then if you save Tourette, she tells you she found the pendant, but.. if you kill one of the sisters, it's lost. And having the Fetter isn't enough to save the wife, and make the husband go away (or whatever). So, maybe giving the journal to a policeman, going back with someone to the hotel... Maybe burying the drawing, maybe giving a decent grave, maybe making something to keep the memory alive (using a journalist ? calling Cold Case ?)

Zer0, finding a Giovanni in there, or a Tremere with spirit manipulation (branch of thaumaturgy), or mortal mediums, or mages, or even a Cappadocian... could be a nice thing to do, don't you think ?

I'm kind of proposing an alternative or a twist to Therese's quest, and add something that seems to lack to us, who are so used to play the ocean house that we're not creeped out anymore. What if you actually FOUND someone in there ? D:

By exorcising already the place for Therese, you'd find out she wanted to sell the ghost(s) to the Giovanni meeting, maybe.. for instance...
Choices, choices, choices !

I'd like to have a reason to go back to the Ocean House and tie up the loose strings triggered there.

Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Ocean House Follow up   Ocean House Follow up EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 4:25 pm

Great idea!
*yip yip yip*

Tremere would make sense, they like spooky places Wink Plus, it would give us a reason to display a nice diagramma hermeticae in the game. What, a Magus would need a protective circle to keep the Husband at bay. The ghost of the husband... whatever.

The Giovanni would be a problematic choice, since the quest would have to fail automatically after the Mansion. Or m aybe not, if PC wasn't detected there?

Cappadocian or Harbinger of Skulls would be a juicy little morsel... But I'm a bit terrified of the amount of work they would require to portray well. But they are Necromancers, utilize ghosts and idiots willing to get them some Laughing , have a lot of beef with the Giovanni, which could lead to another subquest. For example, not wanting to get notorious in town, the Cappadocians/Harbingers could use a pawn (guess who) to spoil some major Giovanni ritual... And the quest could be after the Giovanni Mansion as well.

Another option (suspense thickens so it could be sliced and put on a leaf of bread) would be to use... Pisha. She is no small Necromancer, has no love for the Giovanni ( sidequest?), could use a ghost... and the player to get it Wink Downside would be the necessity to find a voice actor matching the orginal one.
Back to top Go down
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maxus Corvin

PostSubject: Re: Ocean House Follow up   Ocean House Follow up EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 7:56 pm

Feral wrote:

Cappadocian or Harbinger of Skulls would be a juicy little morsel... But I'm a bit terrified of the amount of work they would require to portray well. But they are Necromancers, utilize ghosts and idiots willing to get them some Laughing , have a lot of beef with the Giovanni, which could lead to another subquest. For example, not wanting to get notorious in town, the Cappadocians/Harbingers could use a pawn (guess who) to spoil some major Giovanni ritual... And the quest could be after the Giovanni Mansion as well.

The only trouble there would be fitting it in with the existing plot. Likely not difficult, but if you introduce a new character into the plot at this point(as in, after the Fu Syndicate, where Gary has already called you), when would be a good point to have the character introduce themselves, or generally when the character comes into the plot. It seems most would go right from the Syndicate building, to the cab, and thus to the Giovanni mansion(barring any trips for weapons/ammo/blood). So unless there is maybe another phone call, or the character approaches you before you can get to the mansion, or whatever the best idea is.

However, I can think of a lot of things the character would have to say about the situation.

"What did you call me? Gio...vanni? Your naivete might be refreshing, but such a comment does more than you know. The rage it inspires, is likely more than you've ever seen. But that doesn't mean I am going to take it out on you. Such ignorance deserves more than a swift death."

"The knowledge has been buried like the corpses we should be, but wrongly. I don't think it is a unique example, and if it isn't, I am not surprised. But to put it short, the founder of my clan, at one point, decided to embrace a man who, as I see it, sought betrayal from the start. The Giovanni believe that most of my clan has been shown, or have seen final death, but they are as wrong ever, as a clan that studies death, might just find a way to avoid it. Be it a human death, or otherwise."
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Ocean House Follow up   Ocean House Follow up EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 9:28 am

Keep the ideas coming, you're making the cogs in my brain twist and all of this talk about the ocean house is giving me fantastical ideas!!! bounce
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Ocean House Follow up   Ocean House Follow up EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 11:49 am

Personally, I always wanted a Tremere to be in there. There is only one Tremere in the game, which is Strauss, and "so do apprentices from time to time" is seriously lacking. Where are those apprentices ?

Oddly, and because it's me, my ego and myself, I always thought Claudia Vonigner (see RP section) would have very good reasons to be there. Claudia's interested in wraiths, and asking the PC to bring her the pendant instead of Therese... Of course this would allow a few changes in that section of the game, but they are only cosmetics.

See, it would be closer to the quest between Venus and Boris Wink

I kind of want it to be a surprise, somehow, to avoid spoilers and stuff, if Zer0 takes on my idea, so I'll send him a PM with a little script, and I'll make a short version...

After all, those playing Clan Quest Mod may have found my little lul-paw on Strauss's computer... <_<

Back to top Go down
kyoden
Methuselah
Methuselah
kyoden

PostSubject: Re: Ocean House Follow up   Ocean House Follow up EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 7:36 pm

An easy out could be the Nagarajah in the "former hospital"
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: Ocean House Follow up   Ocean House Follow up EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 11:39 pm

Yes, the Nagaraja Pisha obviously knows Necromancy, and would be a much better choice than the Giovanni -- and require much less monkeying with the plotline than bringing in the Tremere (Sorry, Claudia). Smile
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Ocean House Follow up   Ocean House Follow up EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 4:25 am

PGM1961 wrote:
Yes, the Nagaraja Pisha obviously knows Necromancy, and would be a much better choice than the Giovanni -- and require much less monkeying with the plotline than bringing in the Tremere (Sorry, Claudia). Smile
That depends if you need new spoken text for the npc. If you can't use the existing lines or keep the new contacts on email or even letters (if you still know what the hell that is Razz ), it is easier to introduce a new character than finding a voice actor who closely enough matches the original one.

And in any case you'd have to do some "serious monkeying" with the plot line. The person interested in the pendant must contact you before you have the chance to give it to Therese. So from that point of view it doesn't matter if you introduce Pisha prematurely, or have some new Tremere npc contact you. The chantry librarian perhaps (that would be your job, Claudia Wink )

- geek
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Ocean House Follow up   Ocean House Follow up EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 6:55 am

So, you get the pendant for the baron in Santa Monica. The chantry is Downtown. Pisha is Downtown. Here's the question: How are you going to advance the game to get Downtown, when you haven't advanced the game to get Downtown yet? albino

(If you make a Tremere NPC, please, make it killable. I always wanted to kill Tremere Twisted Evil )

EDIT: From this point of view, Pisha is more likely to get the pendant - "Leave the pendant in your mailbox." Pisha@hospital.morgue
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Ocean House Follow up   Ocean House Follow up EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 8:20 am

who said you'd meet the tremere in the chantry ? people have feet !

Give me two days, i'll explain my own idea Wink
Back to top Go down
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Sio

PostSubject: Re: Ocean House Follow up   Ocean House Follow up EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 11:29 am

Claudia wrote:
people have feet !
ANOTHER TREMERE LIE!

*kidding*
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/Sio
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Ocean House Follow up   Ocean House Follow up EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 2:41 pm

Claudia wrote:
people have feet !
I'm sure I can do something about that...

*picks up a big knife and starts maniacal mad scientist laugh*

- geek
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Ocean House Follow up   Ocean House Follow up EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 2:57 pm

Claudia wrote:
people have feet !

You sure?
*gets back to chewing unrecognizable mass held between front paws*
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Ocean House Follow up   Ocean House Follow up EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 3:16 pm

Those are bloodcookies side effects Wink
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Ocean House Follow up   Ocean House Follow up EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 4:11 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:

- geek

Oh NO!!! It's Gimble!!
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Shabutaro
Methuselah
Methuselah
Shabutaro

PostSubject: Re: Ocean House Follow up   Ocean House Follow up EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 4:50 am

Hmm i am excited to see Claudia's finished idea as the Ocean House is my fav part in the whole game Wink
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Ocean House Follow up   Ocean House Follow up EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 1:42 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:

- geek

Oh NO!!! It's Gimble!!

No, no... Easy... It is our old, good Malkav! * In soothing voice* Now if you stood still Malkav, that little stake would let you feel better and be the merry old Malkav we all know and love...

Sorry, but this has reminded me of the scene from Allo, Allo where Herr General von Flockenstoffen explained to General von Klinkerhoffen why he should and take a vacation. In a fruiticake wing of military hospital...

Ah, Clauds, we are waiting?
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Ocean House Follow up   Ocean House Follow up EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 4:52 pm

Sending in gimble to Therese so she embraces him....
ANYWAY STOP HIJACKING MY THREAD !

Bitches Very Happy

Here, take a blood cookie, my good Malkie

So, first, I want to apologize if everything I'll write will seem to have no sense, but know this : I will not re-read myself, I did not write a plan or anything likely, so... just go with it okay ?

My raw, basic, core idea was to use Claudia Vonigner, a medium Embraced by the Tremere clan so the Malkavian wouldn't have her ("a waste of talent", those who want and who aren't playing the RP game on the forum here can send me an email to know the full story).
She would be present in the first part of the Ocean House Hotel (where the keys are) and would talk to the PC, telling him the house is haunted and that she wishes to free the wife from the place, for which she needs a personal item of what ties her to the place (the pendant). Of course the PC can refuse and kill her at anytime during the quest (and he can also piss her off and have her attack him !), which wouldn't change anything for the rest of the game (I'd guess the Pc would have been smart enough not to think about talking about having killed a Tremere to Strauss).

The PC can talk to her again once he has it, as he leaves the Ocean House. Claudia would tell the Malkavian know shit about ghosts and that Therese planned her "business" with some Giovanni that are in town, which works against the interests of her clan and of the Camarilla (in that order :p).
The PC can chose to trust her by the word, in which case she'll give a fake pendant to the PC to give to Therese (or telling her that you managed to have a Tremere exorcising the place for her... lots of little options here), which changes not much about the game per se (Jeanette knowing shit about pendants and Therese being too angry to even think about checking the object, anyway, "there is a ritual for that"), and if the PC wants, he can come back to the Ocean House see Claudia, or talk to her in the Chantry's Library to learn about more stuff (with the usual "that's a Tremere secret" talk), and maybe minor quests (something to drop/get at the Giovanni Mansion ? getting info on Kuei-Jins ?).

The option I thought more likely was the usual mistrust. I won't give you the pendant but I'll help you free the ghost... Components, help with the ritual, occult talk... lots of stuff to make here.

Won't tell you more unless you pay me lots !
Very Happy

Happy ?
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Ocean House Follow up   Ocean House Follow up EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 5:12 pm

I want to play it! I want to... play it. Me and a bonsai Laughing
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Ocean House Follow up   Ocean House Follow up EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 7:32 pm

Why would Therese want to embrace Gimble? If she needs someones trigger finger cut off, she can send her ghoul Vandal...

Yep, I think these basic ideas can make me creative. Perhaps first we have to free the spirits of the children, which means revisiting the laundry room, and possibly find the place on the grounds where the woodshed used to be, as it sais, the "second child was cut up like firewood"...
So perhaps the axe nustn't be sold, but used in the ritual, whatever...
And I might have to ask bg about borrowing parts of cqm, if the pc was stupid enough to let Strauss find out they killed his librarian...

- geek
Back to top Go down
Shabutaro
Methuselah
Methuselah
Shabutaro

PostSubject: Re: Ocean House Follow up   Ocean House Follow up EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 4:25 am

Hmmm i like where this is going^^ more please Very Happy
Back to top Go down
atronac
Neonate
Neonate
atronac

PostSubject: Re: Ocean House Follow up   Ocean House Follow up EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 9:33 pm

Something like thirteen ghosts would be cool or mabye werewolves inhabit ocean house. Or some kinda creepy damion type child.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ocean House Follow up   Ocean House Follow up Empty

Back to top Go down

Ocean House Follow up
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: The Final Nights Forum :: Post Your Reviews and Ideas-
Jump to: