Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question about ghouls

Go down 
+11
aneumann01
Karavolos
Voraxith
Alichino
GabrielvonRichter
Feral
Jad.3
Dragatus
PGM1961
Claudia
Childe of Malkav
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Question about ghouls Empty
PostSubject: Question about ghouls   Question about ghouls EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 3:44 pm

Leaving out the questions of getting it done, and more important, getting away with it. Would it be possible for a human to drain and then kill a Vampire, and use the vitae to become a masterless ghoul?

- geek
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Question about ghouls   Question about ghouls EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 7:03 pm

First drain, then kill.
But it is possible ! Actually it's quite common. Mercenary ghouls without masters... Ghouls who break free from their masters. Or creature finding out its possible to get immortality by hunting kindred. They stake them, feed them, and drink from them Wink

The problem will be storing the vitae over a very long period...
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: Question about ghouls   Question about ghouls EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 11:33 pm

The Tremere could help with blood preservation... if they weren't busy trying to kill you for being a rogue ghoul.

Father Leopold, from the VtM-Redemption video game, was one of these masterless ghouls. That was his plan for Christof, before he broke free -- feed him human blood, and feed off of him indefinitely. Christof (i.e. the PC) ruined this plan. They never did say how the good Father managed to store his vitae, though... it was in those big containers, in his study (2nd floor, Society of Leopold, London). Of course, it was a video game, so they could take a few liberties with the rules.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Question about ghouls   Question about ghouls EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 3:52 am

So I was right in thinking it might work this way. What about the blood bond if you only stake the vamp, but don't kill him before using the vitae?

- geek
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Question about ghouls   Question about ghouls EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 7:39 am

I expect you can drink twice, then you need to find yourself another fledgeling.
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Question about ghouls   Question about ghouls EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 7:49 am

Yes, if I remember correctly, you need the human to drink your blood three times during three days, each day once, to become a ghoul.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Question about ghouls   Question about ghouls EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 8:18 am

Jad.3 wrote:
Yes, if I remember correctly, you need the human to drink your blood three times during three days, each day once, to become a ghoul.

No, that's is to become blood bound to the vampire, and it concerns everyone, not only humans. (Fully blood bound, that is ; pure creepy love. first level being "liking the vampire and tending to agree with him", second being "fraternal love and trust like you'd feel for your brother")

Being blood bounded to the staked isn't a vampire, depending on the ghoul's persona. Keeping the vampire staked and safe "so they can be together forever, and so nothing hurts you my dear, i'll feed you myself".. twisted creepy love Wink

Becoming a ghoul happens the very first time you drink vampiric blood, and you develop the first dot of Potence at that moment, and you stop aging at that moment too. Then, you'll need to have one point of vampiric blood a month to survive and maintain the benefits of being a ghoul. If you don't, you'll age faster until you reach your true age, with the usual side effects of "missing" the drug.
that is, of course, unless you burn the vampiric blood point in your body during that month.... which will need you having more vamp blood faster Wink
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Question about ghouls   Question about ghouls EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 12:36 pm

Unless you are a Ravenant and generate the Vitae all by yourself... Which is kind of cool. Unlike being a slave to some Tzimisce. But hey, everything has it's pros and cons.

Or wait... Would the ravenant have stopped aging in the first place? I think they have a bit different ruleset?

But it is a cool idea: add a bit of Szlachta, Vhozd, or pure and simple Bratoviches. Frenzied maniacs always make things better. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Question about ghouls   Question about ghouls EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 12:54 pm

The Ghouls, Fatal Addiction book is a bit too much, for me. I'd rather have the ghoul have only potence, and maybe one special dot in auspex or obfuscate as aging comes, but having core/family disciplines and all that, bleh.

Childe, yes, ghouls without masters exist, their problem is to obtain vitae to keep on living and to get their fix in time so they wouldn't feel the usual drug addiction problem.
Some ghouls hunt neonates down to take their blood, some sell themselves and their information.
They are usually not blood bound, even if they drink three times, because they were bound before to their first master. Or maybe they leave fast enough to fight the bound, eventually it fades away. It takes a huge amount of willpower, of course.

Tremere ghouls (Acolytes), for instance, may be bounded to the council of seven first (three times the drink of the calice, over three different nights), before being kept alive through their master's blood. Some Tremere arrange their ghouls to be bounded to them before asking if the Chantry may take them and making the calice, but since they were already bound, the calice would do nothing Very Happy plots inside !
Of course a Tremere may take a ghoul on his own without informing the hierarchy, it depends on the local laws and all that.

Read Samuel Haight for more random shit <_<
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Question about ghouls   Question about ghouls EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 1:24 pm

Samuel Haight was kewl!
*NOOOOOO Shocked *
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: Question about ghouls   Question about ghouls EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 9:07 pm

Samuel Haight is what happens when you have crossovers with no restraint or common sense involved. That type of insane uber-character should never happen, even as an NPC. Because then the PCs will want to know why they can't be a werewolf/mage/badass mix. Stupid.

Ghouls: Fatal Addiction was kind of a boring read. But it did have some interesting stuff. Yes, rogue ghouls have to be careful not to become blood-bound; but it seems they are more likely to be immune to blood bonds, which is why some go rogue in the first place. Stick around long enough to find out how things work, and then kill your master and escape. Of course, by then you are addicted, and you start hunting the young vamps to get your fix.

Getting around the storage problem is tricky. Unless you are lucky enough to be immune to blood bonds, you have to balance keeping the vamp alive (to keep the vitae fresh), versus getting rid of it before you start to love it and pet it and oh my goodness why am I keeping you locked up I love you here let me unchain you AGGHH NOT THE THROAT--
Back to top Go down
GabrielvonRichter
Neonate
Neonate
GabrielvonRichter

PostSubject: Re: Question about ghouls   Question about ghouls EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 12:26 pm

It's not only possible, it's in game for several NPCs, including members of the Red List (when you're an Alastor, you have to know these things).

The one who comes to mind is Ossian, the Lupine who's addicted to Cainite Vitae..
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Question about ghouls   Question about ghouls EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 3:01 pm

The red list is just a contest about who has the moar dots and the moar powers.
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Question about ghouls   Question about ghouls EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 4:41 pm

And Enkidu's the winner, YEAH!
Back to top Go down
Alichino
Ancillae
Ancillae
Alichino

PostSubject: Re: Question about ghouls   Question about ghouls EmptyThu May 24, 2012 1:15 am

Quote :

Childe, yes, ghouls without masters exist, their problem is to obtain vitae to keep on living and to get their fix in time so they wouldn't feel the usual drug addiction problem.

They theoretically don't need the blood to survive, but they turn back into humas again, which means their appearance change into your actual age back.
If you are old enough you die.
Back to top Go down
Voraxith
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Voraxith

PostSubject: Re: Question about ghouls   Question about ghouls EmptyThu May 24, 2012 3:47 am

Everything you could possibly want to know about ghouls is covered in two books -- Ghouls: Fatal Addiction, and Liber des Ghoules: the Book of Ghouls. There wasn't much info on the latter anywhere, so I just gave a link to the pdf. That one had some really cool info on ghouls for the LARP aspect. Gods, I miss my old LARP days. I played myself as a ghoul to a Toreador. Didn't last two weeks. Smile
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Question about ghouls   Question about ghouls EmptyThu May 24, 2012 3:47 pm

Voraxith wrote:
Gods, I miss my old LARP days. I played myself as a ghoul to a Toreador. Didn't last two weeks. Smile

Smothered in hugs? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Question about ghouls   Question about ghouls EmptyThu May 24, 2012 3:58 pm

Every 5 minutes, a ghoul is smothered by hugs from a lovey dovey Toreador somewhere.
You can help putting a stop to this by sending 10$ to 555-381912, please help us prevent this awful fate to others Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Question about ghouls   Question about ghouls EmptyThu May 24, 2012 4:07 pm

Every 2.5 minute a hellhound is kicked in a Tzimisce mansion. Every 7.6 minutes, a Vhozd is abused. Send £10 to Gangrel Society to prevent unnecesary suffering of inocents. Actually you may donate crosses, holy water, incendiary ammunition or some such as well, or even volounteer to go and help! For those who volounteer we have FREE Gangrel dogtags! Cool
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Question about ghouls   Question about ghouls EmptyThu May 24, 2012 4:10 pm

You sneaky bastard Suspect
Wait, are you secretly a Ventrue? Surprised
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Question about ghouls   Question about ghouls EmptyThu May 24, 2012 4:13 pm

Karavolos wrote:
You sneaky bastard Suspect
Wait, are you secretly a Ventrue? Surprised

Nah, I just love animals. Well, maybe with the exception of mosquitos. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Question about ghouls   Question about ghouls EmptyThu May 24, 2012 4:36 pm

Karavolos wrote:
Every 5 minutes, a ghoul is smothered by hugs from a lovey dovey Toreador somewhere.
You can help putting a stop to this by sending 10$ to 555-381912, please help us prevent this awful fate to others Crying or Very sad
You use this forum to collect funds? I know you don't care shit about some ghouls, you bloody hypocrite. It's all just for you...
30% and I'll keep quiet.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Question about ghouls   Question about ghouls EmptyThu May 24, 2012 4:40 pm

You soulless man! How dare you accuse me of such atrocities?! Even I have standards! Evil or Very Mad

Malkav:
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Question about ghouls   Question about ghouls EmptyThu May 24, 2012 4:46 pm

So nobody would help fund therapy for Vhozd overcoming childhood abuse? Sad
What about mistreated Ravenants, then?
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Question about ghouls   Question about ghouls EmptyThu May 24, 2012 4:47 pm

Let us join forces, with our combined resources we can do anything!
How much have you got? What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about ghouls   Question about ghouls Empty

Back to top Go down

Question about ghouls
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next