Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cathayan Computer Quest (Tung)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kyoden
Methuselah
Methuselah
kyoden

Cathayan Computer Quest (Tung) Empty
PostSubject: Cathayan Computer Quest (Tung)   Cathayan Computer Quest (Tung) EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 9:11 am

Quest started, but when I head to the compute no different options appear. Any tips?
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Cathayan Computer Quest (Tung)   Cathayan Computer Quest (Tung) EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 9:25 am

Same thing happened to Aphrodite when she played. I'm going to look at it tonight.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Cathayan Computer Quest (Tung)   Cathayan Computer Quest (Tung) EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 2:15 pm

Well I took a look at the “Enigmatic Encounter” files during my lunch break today and I can’t find anything wrong. It was working several months ago when I tried it but I won’t have time to test it until tonight. All I did was move the function that starts the quest to the vamputil.py file from the santa_monica.py file. Other than that it is the same.

Childe,

If you get a second could you look over my python functions to see if you can spot anything wrong with them? And of course the haven computer.txt file? I get off of work in 4 hours so I’ll check it out when I get home tonight.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Cathayan Computer Quest (Tung)   Cathayan Computer Quest (Tung) EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 3:04 pm

I've already looked into the files, but I wasn't yet even able to follow where your G variables are set. I'll have another look into it. That is more interesting for me than actually playing right now. I don't want to play high haggle character, because then I can't set the starting points where I want them to be. And if I play a low haggle character, with the attributes I want to have, then I'll never be able to afford any books...

- geek
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Cathayan Computer Quest (Tung)   Cathayan Computer Quest (Tung) EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 8:26 pm

Well, the questline is broken, but I can't see what causes it.
Zer0, you know that the quest can be started without having killed the cathayan, or seen his computer. And even before you go to the warehouse...
Knox' note is also still around, after you have read Bertrams email, and started the quest.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Cathayan Computer Quest (Tung)   Cathayan Computer Quest (Tung) EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 8:41 pm

I figured out what the problem was, I forgot to set the G variable higher in the python file. Once I set that up it fixed everything. Thanks for reporting this guys!!!

Thanks for looking into it Childe! Smile
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Cathayan Computer Quest (Tung)   Cathayan Computer Quest (Tung) EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 9:13 pm

Okay, I got the fish on the hook:
in def bertramsEmail(): you have forgotten to set G = __main__.G, so G.Bertram_Check doesn't get up to 2.
With that change, the first part of the Enigmatic Encounter quest will work fine. But as I stated earlier, the way you set it up, the cathayan can still be alive, and continue his spying, so destroying the reports is worthless as he can write new ones. I think to get that part of the quest done, either the cathayan must be dead, or killing him now has to be part of the quest.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Cathayan Computer Quest (Tung)   Cathayan Computer Quest (Tung) EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 9:18 am

Ahhh I see what you're saying. Hmmmm, yeah I'll need to set it up so that the Cathayan must be dead before getting the quest, good catch!
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Cathayan Computer Quest (Tung)   Cathayan Computer Quest (Tung) EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 10:12 am

Or you do it like I did for CE. Make two starting mails, use the existing one if he's already dead. And make a new one, telling the pc to take care of the cathayan and his computer, if he's not.
If you only want the quest available if the asian vamp is dead, remove the variable from logic auto, and add it to wesps python function that spawns his weapons on death.
Judging by the files, you also took out the time limit on the quest. Is that intended?

Oh, btw, you know that you can avoid the 64 chars limitation on computer dependencies by calling a python function that returns a boolean 1 or 0?
Basically the function looks like this:

def CheckDependency():
if (Conditions met):
do some things
return 1
else:
do some other things
return 0

- geek
Edit: Too bad this editor doesn't like spaces at the beginning of a line, but you know what indentations are needed.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Cathayan Computer Quest (Tung)   Cathayan Computer Quest (Tung) EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 3:45 pm

Ok I just updated this. I made it simple so that Bertram's initial email never comes until 3 conditions are met.

1. You meet Bertram in person.
2. You kill the Cathayan.
3. You have been in Foxy Boxes before, which goes back to 2.

As far as the time limit goes, what Quest State did you cap it at?
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Cathayan Computer Quest (Tung)   Cathayan Computer Quest (Tung) EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 8:13 pm

I see a minor inconsistency here since I more often than not tend to do the quest before I meet Tung the first time.
Given I could easily avoid doing that in the future, but I think we'd need to put up a warning of somekind to new/ignorant players.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Cathayan Computer Quest (Tung)   Cathayan Computer Quest (Tung) EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 12:42 am

Well I currently don't have a time cap on it so it wouldn't affect you negatively, you could always go back anytime and complete it.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Cathayan Computer Quest (Tung)   Cathayan Computer Quest (Tung) EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 10:50 am

In CE, the Quest must be completed before you go to the museum. I think, it's story state 30.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Cathayan Computer Quest (Tung)   Cathayan Computer Quest (Tung) EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 11:32 am

Zer0Morph wrote:
Well I currently don't have a time cap on it so it wouldn't affect you negatively, you could always go back anytime and complete it.

Oh alright.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cathayan Computer Quest (Tung)   Cathayan Computer Quest (Tung) Empty

Back to top Go down

Cathayan Computer Quest (Tung)
Page 1 of 1