Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Setite territory : Rive Droite

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Setite territory : Rive Droite Empty
PostSubject: Setite territory : Rive Droite   Setite territory : Rive Droite EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 9:51 am

On the other side of the river, the Stalingrad tramway stop stops, as its name states, at the Stalingrad plaza. The neighborhood is much more recent, courtesy of the Marshall plan as the place was bombed during WW2. It's considered much more poorer and less "in". Quite residential, it mostly housed rail workers as well as immigrants working in the now-sick industry. There is an university center for logistics, management and commerce, for short specific training, but it's certainly not the same quality and resources as all others "more classical" centers are, even if they are part of one same university (Bordeaux 4, the law university).
Known for its drug traffic and its low employment, Rive Droite isn't that far away from downtown, but it's considered almost another world to Kindred, mainly because there are very few bridges, and the Stone Bridge is quite recent for them.

Claudia gets off the Tram with a sigh and relief. She doesn't like crowded closed places, it seems. She looks around, as if it was long since she last came, trying to find once more her way around.

Back to top Go down
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Nachtrae

PostSubject: Re: Setite territory : Rive Droite   Setite territory : Rive Droite EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 11:35 am

Estela leaves the tram shortly behind Claudia, her eyes taking in the quiet surroundings. “Cheerful place,” she comments dryly. “But at least it's quiet. Is it just me, or was that crowd a lot louder than normal?” Brushing the minor discomfort she'd felt earlier off, the young vampire turns her attention back to the matters at hand. “So, how're you planning on finding your grandsire? Any directions you think he might've taken?”
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Setite territory : Rive Droite   Setite territory : Rive Droite EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 12:00 pm

Claudia gives a slight look to her friend when she mentions the noise, she then raises an eyebrow and approaches, talking a bit lower than when she was out.
(Claudia) You'll get used to it. Your senses grow a bit more sharper after the embrace, it's normal, it's... to adapt your body to your new nature. As for my Grandsire, I'm not sure. Here, let's take a look at the neighborhood map.

As in all tramway stations and all bus stations, there are local maps and global lines tram, even if some are written on by local bored youth. Claudia approaches it to look at the street names and directions. She puts her finger on the "you are here" sticker, and moves her finger around as she sees names and recognizes some places. She seems to think over it several times, before shrugging and letting go.
(Claudia) I guess they change too often... Damn.

Streetwise 2:

Back to top Go down
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Nachtrae

PostSubject: Re: Setite territory : Rive Droite   Setite territory : Rive Droite EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 2:37 pm

A nod answers Claudia's advice, along with a sigh. “I know, I know. My Sire mentioned something like that too, I think. Knowing doesn't always help though. Been a little out of things since my change, so it was a little unexpected.” Estela rubs the ear with the earchain lightly while following Claudia to the map. With tilted head and her hands in the pockets of her jeans, she observes the map with mild interest. And a little bit of enjoyment too when Claudia gives up with a shrug.

“Come on, let me see that,” She says with a grin. Just as her friend had done earlier, she places her finger on the -you are here- spot. Brown eyes quickly move over the map in thought. “You know.... I think it'd be easier to find the snakes than your Grandsire. You said they were real big in pretty much anything the law doesn't allow, right?” The young vampire moves her finger from the sticker to point at the numerous smaller streets while she continued talking. “So, I doubt that they can be found on the larger streets, but instead in areas around here. Otherwise it'd just be to much in the open. Instead, we should probably look in the streets one normally avoids.” A little apprehensive, Estela puts her finger on a small group of small streets and then to a location to their north. “Our biggest bet would be those areas. And then....well, we'd have to ask around. I doubt they'd be the friendliest neighborhoods around though I guess. If possible, I'd rather avoid going there though.... Back streets like that have horrible reputations. With reason in this case I bet.”
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Setite territory : Rive Droite   Setite territory : Rive Droite EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 3:23 pm

Claudia steps back as her friend analyses the map. She observes and listens with great care, and nods.
(Claudia) It's exactly that. I don't come here often enough, so, things have changed. They were opium houses... As for terrible reputation, it's okay. After all, we are the ones who should be giving that reputation to those places.

She chuckles almost gently and shrugs at her own joke, then sighs knowing that it may be a reality. She shakes away dark thoughts and moves to the direction pointed on the map, walking calmly.
(Claudia) Walking there will have people talk. We'll walk around then we'll take a seat in a bench and wait until word gets to their ears. Knowing that scumbag of Remi... It shouldn't take long. If I really must, I'll give a call. I'd rather avoid that, however.
Back to top Go down
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Nachtrae

PostSubject: Re: Setite territory : Rive Droite   Setite territory : Rive Droite EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 5:15 pm

Estela grins and shrugs in a carefree manner. “Hey, I haven't been here often either, let alone in these parts. I just know my way around cities. You see one, you've seen them all. Big streets everybody uses, the small ones one uses to cut on the distance between point a and b, and then you have the streets that sane people avoid because they're full of thing you don't really want to see.” Crossing her arms, she pointed at the map with her thumb. “Spend enough time on the streets and you'll end up recognizing them, even if it's just on a map. You should know I don't just sit in a little apartment with my pencils and paint.” She gives a little wink at her last sentence, smiling politely at the joke Claudia made.

Visibly reluctant about their destination, Estela walks with Claudia. “Just great. It's been my life long dream to go to shady back streets, and have people talk about me behind my back, without me knowing what they say.” She rolls her eyes but still smiles a little. “Oh well, how bad can it be. I assume Remi is one of them?”
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Setite territory : Rive Droite   Setite territory : Rive Droite EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 2:30 pm

Claudia observes with care around her, but it does't mean she's not listening. She comments every now and then as she walks, slowly. She thinks about her uneasiness with understanding the streets and how they work, beyond the simple maps. It's clear she can use a map, but she didn't see what was behind them, where would dealers be found and else.
(Claudia) I think I understand how it works, but it seems I can't put my finger on it. I was never an outside person, unlike you!

She shrugs her nostalgia away and changes hands to carry her basket.
(Claudia) Remi usually walks around a lot, I don't think he's changed. Yes, he's the youngest one. He's also the less fanatical one, but he made himself the choice of being a scumbag.. No matter how nice and everything all of us seem, we are still what we are, and there are no exceptions...

The Tremere sighs, she includes herself even if she doesn't openly says it.
As they approach what looks like a crappy residential area, with three floor houses all the same, with colored curtains and some lights on and off, in a sort of code. Some rails protect the sidewalks from the streets, and a couple of them are occupied by young men in jogging-style clothing, probably spotters. It's certainly alive, as a place, but it's amazingly quiet. Some music is hushed behind closed doors, like if there was a club a couple of blocks away, but the sound does come from there. The Tremere chooses one of these rails, puts her basket case on the sidewalk, and sits on the rail and plays the waiting game. She invites her friend to sit next to it with a smile.

(Claudia) Don't worry too much about it, we are still under Gosuin's land and they know to stay in his good books... There is still a certain idea of hospitality, anyway.

The waiting game works easy enough as one of the spotters moves in one of the building fast enough. Claudia seems particularly interested into watching the windows rather than the entrances. She seems a little distracted every now and then, when she sees silhouettes or some lights moving around. After a while, her attention is drawn to a man that comes out of one of these houses. He looks joyful, in his mid twenties, with short fair hair, what looks like reading glasses, and he also looks in a hurry. He wears a black modern suit. Claudia frowns as she recognizes him, but it's obviously not the person she expected. She signs him, and while he notices her with the same surprise and approaches, Claudia mutters, before speaking at a low tone when he's near enough to hear. He offers a true joyful smile to both kindred and nods as to salute.
(Claudia) That's so my luck.... Ah, Sodalis Lejeune ! I should have known you'd be here. This is Estela, she's a newborn of the Toreador. Estela, this is Dominique Lejeune, a Tremere like me.
(Dominique) I'd never thought I'd see you here, Claudia ! Nice to meet you.
(Claudia) Actually I think Lord Tarcisus is around here with the snakes.
(Dominique) Yeah actually they're reminiscing, from what I heard from Remi who wasn't interested. He should be out shortly to welcome you.
(Claudia) At least I still know my Grandsire... By the way, does Regent Kersten know you're here ?
(Dominique).. Maybe. What was that shit about being unavailable ? I mean, poor Griffin, using him as your average messenger. What dirt you got on him, girl?
(Claudia) What do I get if I don't sell you ? I just asked nicely..
(Dominique) Bah ! You can tell your sugar-daddy if you want, really.
(Claudia) We'll see...
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Setite territory : Rive Droite   Setite territory : Rive Droite EmptyTue May 08, 2012 4:30 pm

(snip until/if Nacht comes back <_<)
Back to top Go down
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Nachtrae

PostSubject: Re: Setite territory : Rive Droite   Setite territory : Rive Droite EmptyWed May 09, 2012 7:24 pm

Despite her reluctance, Estela can't help but smile and shrug a little in an amused way. “Eh, perhaps you will get it eventually. Or not. In which case you'd better hope I'm there or risk getting totally, completely and horribly lost.” Her voice is light and playful, proof that her words are in no way to be taken seriously. As Claudia explains a bit on Remi, the young vampire raises her arms and somewhat folds them behind her head, eyes gazing up to the night sky. She doesn't seem to pleased when their nature is mentioned, for Estela scowls a bit, and it seems like she wants to say something regarding it. However, she hesitates and eventually decides to just hold her tongue. The mildly troubled look remains.

When Claudia stops and takes a seat on the rails, Estela sits next to her. The reassurance that they're still on the territory of the Prince she'd met the night before brings a bit of a halfhearted smile on her face. It lifts some of her worries about this particular place, but others remained, stuck inside her head by rumors, bad news articles and several of her own experiences. “Not everyone cares about things like that I'm sure,” she says after a bit, voicing the reasons of her concerns. “Meh, I probably shouldn't make such a big deal of this right now, all things considered. Habits.” Estela grips the metal railing firmly and leans back just a bit. Her right foot occasionally kicks against the railing while her eyes wander all over the place, attempting to take in the details and peer through the shadows. When she catches movement, she follows the person with her eyes until he disappears in one of the buildings, after which Estela continues her observations.
Spoiler:
Before to long, somebody began to walk in their direction. At Claudia's reaction, Estela raises an eyebrow, curiosity evident in her eyes. Out of politeness, the young vampire slides off the railing and nods back when Dominique is introduced to her, giving him a friendly smile and answer in return. “Nice to meet you too.” As the two Tremere talk to one another, Estela can't help but let her eyes wander to through the streets again, only half an ear on the conversation.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Setite territory : Rive Droite   Setite territory : Rive Droite EmptyWed May 09, 2012 7:58 pm

As Dominique had stated, Remi comes out of one of the houses to greet them. Dominique waves bye bye to both females.
(Dominique) Then I'm running off, have fun girls.
(Claudia) Fine, fine.. fun..

She doesn't sound convinced. She observes her clan brother leave happily. As she sees Remi walking towards them, the Tremere hisses slightly, then sighs.
(Claudia) Good evening, Remi.. This is Estela Aguilar, newly embraced of the Toreador Clan. Estela, this is Remi. Is my Grandsire with your Sire ?
(Remi) Ah, Claudia, long time no see. Estela, then ? Nice to meet you.

He sounds actually very pleased as he observes the young Toreador. The Tremere steps down of the rails.
(Claudia) She's no toy for your kind, and.. we wish not to stay. I am just here for Tarcisus.
(Remi) Ah what a let down ! Yes he's in there with Mephisto.

The Setite signs to the spotters that they are allowed in. He then shrugs.
(Remi) What antipathetic Tremere you make !

He walks away with no further formalism, to go back to whatever he was going in one of the other houses. The Tremere ponders, and resigned, she sighs and closes her eyes an instant.
(Claudia).. Maybe you shouldn't stay. My grandsire gets quite talkative, with Mephisto, and.. They're scary. They show what can be the worst in Kindred and I do not wish you to see that.
Back to top Go down
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Nachtrae

PostSubject: Re: Setite territory : Rive Droite   Setite territory : Rive Droite EmptyThu May 10, 2012 9:56 am

“Huh?” Estela looks at Dominique in a slightly surprised way, having missed the majority of the conversation. When she realizes he's leaving, she nods and waves him goodbye. The young vampire then lets her eyes rest on the new arrival 'Remi'. The hiss coming from Claudia startles her a bit and she looks at her friend with raised eyebrows.
“Evening,” She answers Remi, after Claudia's introduction. Her voice is friendly, but also slightly cautious due to the warnings given to her before. Surprise replaces her caution when he walks off a few seconds later without even a simple 'goodbye'. Estela frowns a little, then shrugs and glances expectantly at Claudia, waiting for her to enter the building. Her words surprise the younger vampire. “What, you want to deny me meeting this famous grandpa of yours that everybody seems to be talking about? From your descriptions earlier, it sounded like I'd already met the worst of the worst...and I'd completely failed to see any of it. Okay, so I kinda see your point I guess. Glad you're willing to look out for me Clau, but I kind of have the feeling that you can't hide the worst from me, or me from the worst, forever.”

For a few moments, Estela's silent, contemplating what to do now. “Think you'll have time to meet up with me later tonight? You can show me around. I mean, I know Bordeaux well enough, but I don't know about any places that have...well, things for our kind, aside from the Theater. I honestly have no idea where to go or what to do around here. My Sire was only concerned with making sure I could GET here, not with what might happen after. Kinda makes me feel...well, helpless I suppose you can call it.” She runs a hand through her spiky hair, smiling a mildly embarrassed smile.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Setite territory : Rive Droite   Setite territory : Rive Droite EmptyThu May 10, 2012 4:43 pm

Claudia smiles with kindness and nods.
(Claudia) Yes, certainly ! If you want, you can stop by El Bodegon ; it's a Brujah Elysium, which Theodore watches over personally. The ghouls in there are trained to see who isn't here to get drunk or to socialize, so make yourself noticed by the servers, especially inside. I'd gladly present you my grandsire.. But not with the Setites. I know I will not be able to hide you everything, but the Setites and my grandsire share.. a certain ideology on mortals and vampirism, and I do not think you're ready to hear what they must be talking about.

The Tremere takes Estela's hand in a friendly move.
(Claudia) You can also see Laure at her workshop, Arte Fact, on the saint george street. She said she was going to work on some jewelry, she found back some inspiration... But you know, bothering a Toreador while she's creating... Anyway. Theodore's a sweet guy, despite his looks. I'll show you around some other places I know of, but I'm not the most social among "us". If anything, show up to the Regent Hotel, that's the Tremere Chantry. The workers are also trained to notice Kindred, there's a room for us.

Back to top Go down
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Nachtrae

PostSubject: Re: Setite territory : Rive Droite   Setite territory : Rive Droite EmptyThu May 10, 2012 6:27 pm

Estela tilts her head a little and then nods in understanding when Claudia explains why she doesn't want to introduce the young kindred right now. “'I'll be patient then. I'd almost say that I don't have forever but.....meh.” She shrugs, her attempt at a joke only ending up with the girl herself feeling uncomfortable. Pulling on a silly face, she shakes the feeling off and grins gratefully at the given options “So I can choose between El Bodegon, -is that seriously a secret vamp hangout place?- and Laure?” Crossing her arms, Estela considers the two options, then takes a decision. “I think I'll go bother Laure. Never really seen anyone make jewelry before, so I think it might be fun to see, or join if Laure doens't mind. If she's really absorbed in her work, I'll go to El Bodegon.”

Grinning, the young vampire gives Claudia a quick hug. “You might not've been the most social one, but for the foreseeable future, you're going to be stuck with me hovering around you! Better introduce me to as many people as possible if you want some peace and quiet. Perhaps there's someone out there who's able to suffer my presence.”

Having an idea of where to go to definitely returns Estela's cheerful nature. She winks as she steps back. “Make sure to give me a call when you're done here and got some time to show me the ropes a bit, alright?” While waving, the young vampire begins to walk down the path that had brought them to this shady neighborhood.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Setite territory : Rive Droite   Setite territory : Rive Droite EmptyThu May 10, 2012 7:08 pm

Claudia laughs a little, and confirms with a nod that, yes, indeed, the Bodegon is a "secret vamp hideout".
(Claudia) Usually Laure doesn't mind if people watch her work, as long as they don't bother too much. If she did, she'd lock her workshop when she's in it. Your presence isn't something to suffer, Estela, you're fun to be around. But I'll show you around as much as I can.

She nods and smiles.
(Claudia) As soon as I get my phone back, yes, certainly. Be careful on your way back. Oh, and use your transportation card, you know, for the V3 thingies.

She's speaking about the bike rental self-service that the city has put in place, and is usable with the public transport cards to rent for free for 30 minutes. There are stations of those bikes everywhere in town, and Rive Droite isn't the exception. After all, the trams will not run soon anyone for the night.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Setite territory : Rive Droite   Setite territory : Rive Droite Empty

Back to top Go down

Setite territory : Rive Droite
Page 1 of 1