Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone has experience in CentOS kickstart installation files?

Go down 
+2
Claudia
Shabutaro
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Shabutaro
Methuselah
Methuselah
Shabutaro

Anyone has experience in CentOS kickstart installation files? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone has experience in CentOS kickstart installation files?   Anyone has experience in CentOS kickstart installation files? EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 12:10 pm

Don't worry, i will always find topics to talk about to keep the Forum somewhat alive without talking only about kindred/CE/TFN Wink

So any of you guys got any experience in CentOS 6 kickstart installation files? As my custom CentOS is fully working besides one little damn rpm package which refuses to let it install during post installation script.. I somehow can't even 2>&1 | tee the error out Sad

So if anyone has XP in it, tell me as i will give a more detailed explanation Wink
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Anyone has experience in CentOS kickstart installation files?   Anyone has experience in CentOS kickstart installation files? EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 12:22 pm

What the hell is that ?
Back to top Go down
Shabutaro
Methuselah
Methuselah
Shabutaro

PostSubject: Re: Anyone has experience in CentOS kickstart installation files?   Anyone has experience in CentOS kickstart installation files? EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 12:29 pm

CentOS is a free operating system distribution based upon the Linux kernel. It is derived entirely from the Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) distribution. CentOS exists to provide a free enterprise class computing platform and strives to maintain 100% binary compatibility with its upstream source, Red Hat.[2] CentOS stands for Community ENTerprise Operating System.

And a kickstart installation file is something where you can customize your installation Wink
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Anyone has experience in CentOS kickstart installation files?   Anyone has experience in CentOS kickstart installation files? EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 12:38 pm

I’ve heard of CentOS and have even used the Ubuntu version of Linux, but I’ve never gotten that involved with Linux in any fashion. I’ve got a friend who makes a living being a Red Hat guru but other than that, I don’t know that much about it. I took a UNIX class in college but I hated it and didn’t understand it very well. I kept trying to use DOS commands in UNIX and nearly failed the class (but I got a “C” so I technically passed).
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Anyone has experience in CentOS kickstart installation files?   Anyone has experience in CentOS kickstart installation files? EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 1:10 pm

Sorry man,
I have played a bit with Linux, but that was about 15 years ago, and even then I couldn't really get it working.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Shabutaro
Methuselah
Methuselah
Shabutaro

PostSubject: Re: Anyone has experience in CentOS kickstart installation files?   Anyone has experience in CentOS kickstart installation files? EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 1:31 pm

Damn^^ well thanks either way Smile Guess i was too positive if the guys on the centos forum can't help me either because the never encountered my problem ^^
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Anyone has experience in CentOS kickstart installation files?   Anyone has experience in CentOS kickstart installation files? EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 1:36 pm

Sorry Shabutaro! Sad
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Nachtrae

PostSubject: Re: Anyone has experience in CentOS kickstart installation files?   Anyone has experience in CentOS kickstart installation files? EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 2:43 pm

I've had some linux classes this year and passed.... We learned a few things about scripts and stuff, but never went into the system to deeply.
So, sorry I can't help you either Sad
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Anyone has experience in CentOS kickstart installation files?   Anyone has experience in CentOS kickstart installation files? EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 2:58 pm

I have Linux at work. All I know about it is the IT's phone number. And Open Office sucks (Excell a bit less so).
So sorry, I can't help you either. Sad
Back to top Go down
Shabutaro
Methuselah
Methuselah
Shabutaro

PostSubject: Re: Anyone has experience in CentOS kickstart installation files?   Anyone has experience in CentOS kickstart installation files? EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 9:38 am

Damn.. why oh why is there no system-to-iso feature like in all .deb based os ... Like Ubuntu.. i make a fresh install. configure it all i want and add the things i want and hit a single line of remastersys -few parameters or relinux -few parameter and done i got my custom live cd.. in rhel you have to freaking script your livecd from scratch.. and many things doesn't work like you want Sad Well.. i will somehow get it done soon...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone has experience in CentOS kickstart installation files?   Anyone has experience in CentOS kickstart installation files? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone has experience in CentOS kickstart installation files?
Page 1 of 1