Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Quest:Slashterpiece blood guardian and Bloodform possible glitch?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
coldflame
Fledgling
Fledgling

Quest:Slashterpiece blood guardian and Bloodform possible glitch? Empty
PostSubject: Quest:Slashterpiece blood guardian and Bloodform possible glitch?   Quest:Slashterpiece blood guardian and Bloodform possible glitch? EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 12:01 am

Hi all,

I have recently discovered this great mod to start my vampire game again. However I have noticed that during the slashterpiece quest, after the blood quardian has been summoned, fighting it with bloodform from Thaumaturgy was a bad idea. What happened was, whenever I had bloodform active, I could not damage the blood guardian no matter the type of weapons I used. I could only defeat it if my bloodform was not active. I am just wondering is this intended or is it a glitch.

One last thing, when I hover my curser over Haggle in character sheet, manipulation does not light-up as one of the related abilities. Then again this might be more of the vanilla game problem.

Thank you for reading this, any explanation is greatly appreciated.

As per instruction, I only installed Clan quest mod v3 on top of my clean installation of vtmb.
mods packaged with CQM v3: UP 7.9, Camarilla v1.4, comp mod lite

P.S. I have deleted my second question since I've found my answer.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Quest:Slashterpiece blood guardian and Bloodform possible glitch?   Quest:Slashterpiece blood guardian and Bloodform possible glitch? EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 12:48 pm

Hi coldflame, welcome to the forum.

Sorry, I can't help you much, because I have deleted my CE1.4 copy some time ago, after the release of 1.5. There is only so much space on my hd. And I need at least 3 copys of the most recent CE version (one plain install for support matters, my personal version with my own control setup, and some other changes, and the one for further developing and testing.) But in the 1.5 copy, I don't have any trouble with the highlights. So this also might be a problem of one of the other parts of cqm. I have installed clanquest, but only with the pluspatch, and a skin or two. No trouble there either.

For the bloodform, I really have no idea. Haven't played a Tremere for ages.
Claudia, have you heard about any bloodform problems fighting the bloodguardian with clanquest or CE?

- geek
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Quest:Slashterpiece blood guardian and Bloodform possible glitch?   Quest:Slashterpiece blood guardian and Bloodform possible glitch? EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 1:04 pm

Well I never actually fought the guardian with the blood shield, because I haz plays with touchpad, and I haz no coordination to use hotkeys, so I barely use the disciplines Very Happy Then again, maybe I should show you guys exactly how I play, you'd scream and run :p

I'll test it out with CQM too, see if I can reproduce it. Can you tell me exactly what installation have you made ? (even with UI's and all that, skins and everything ; just compmod, CE 1.4 and UP ?)

My guess is that, even if it's a random glitch, it's logical. The blood guardian being made out of blood, if you have lots of blood on yourself, well, if you touch him, he takes back some blood and heals itself with it... blood = HP ?
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Quest:Slashterpiece blood guardian and Bloodform possible glitch?   Quest:Slashterpiece blood guardian and Bloodform possible glitch? EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 1:59 pm

Aphrodite is playing CE 1.5 right now (without CQM, just the regular CE 1.5) and she played the Blood Guardian quest. The only glitch we saw was right before the Blood Guardian died his blood form turned off and he looked like the regular Tremere Male PC. Then we killed him shortly after so no big deal.

She was playing as a Toreador though so we never got to test it with a Tremere vs. Blood Guardian scenario. Sorry...
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Quest:Slashterpiece blood guardian and Bloodform possible glitch?   Quest:Slashterpiece blood guardian and Bloodform possible glitch? EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 2:18 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Aphrodite is playing CE 1.5 right now (without CQM, just the regular CE 1.5) and she played the Blood Guardian quest. The only glitch we saw was right before the Blood Guardian died his blood form turned off and he looked like the regular Tremere Male PC. Then we killed him shortly after so no big deal.
I know of this particular problem, I've also encountered the same effect in the patch only, and in cqm without CE. But I have no idea what to do about it, except perhaps exchange him for the shade...
That will also make the fight a bit harder, as you can't exactly see whre your enemy is.

- geek

P.S.: Possibly a null model instead of a normal one might work? Got to test it sometime.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Quest:Slashterpiece blood guardian and Bloodform possible glitch?   Quest:Slashterpiece blood guardian and Bloodform possible glitch? EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 4:13 pm

It may not be possible. Because the Blood Form is linked to the discipline and it shuts off after taking a certain amount of damage, it may not be "fixable". Maybe if you just use the Blood Form FX on the model but don't tie it to the discipline itself. I dunno.
Back to top Go down
coldflame
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Quest:Slashterpiece blood guardian and Bloodform possible glitch?   Quest:Slashterpiece blood guardian and Bloodform possible glitch? EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 5:01 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Thanks Childe of Malkav Very Happy .

Hi Claudia. If I remember correctly I've got CQM v3 that came with UP v7.9, Camarilla v1.4, Comp mod lite, the UI mod (sorry I can't remember what's it called), CQM music (not the whole music mod), improved weapon sound and all the skin mods and the posters, I think Razz .

Hello Zer0Morph, I think I've encountered that glitch as well but at the time I thought it was just one of those vanilla game things, since vtmb is notoriously known for bugs and glitches. As I am new to all this mod stuff, so I might have miss understood you. Do you mean that bloodform is somehow linked to the bloodguardian skin and if I activated the discipline the bloodguardian would also get the benefit as well?

Cheers.

Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Quest:Slashterpiece blood guardian and Bloodform possible glitch?   Quest:Slashterpiece blood guardian and Bloodform possible glitch? EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 5:59 am

coldflame wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:
Thanks Childe of Malkav Very Happy .

Hi Claudia. If I remember correctly I've got CQM v3 that came with UP v7.9, Camarilla v1.4, Comp mod lite, the UI mod (sorry I can't remember what's it called), CQM music (not the whole music mod), improved weapon sound and all the skin mods and the posters, I think Razz .

Hello Zer0Morph, I think I've encountered that glitch as well but at the time I thought it was just one of those vanilla game things, since vtmb is notoriously known for bugs and glitches. As I am new to all this mod stuff, so I might have miss understood you. Do you mean that bloodform is somehow linked to the bloodguardian skin and if I activated the discipline the bloodguardian would also get the benefit as well?

Cheers.

Thanks, I'll find some time to test it out.

What Zer0 means is that the blood guardian uses the looks of the Blood Shield, without it being turned off after a certain amount of damage (like it does when a Tremere uses blood shield). Of course, if it takes the looks, but also the effects (invulnerability), but it doesn't wear off, well, we're doomed ! ahhhhh !
(Right?)

Anyway, if you want to RP through it, imagine that covering yourself with blood to attack something that's made out of blood is like making a water attack against a grass pokemon. "It's not very effective"

(now that I have made a pokémon ref, I'll run away laughing)

Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Quest:Slashterpiece blood guardian and Bloodform possible glitch?   Quest:Slashterpiece blood guardian and Bloodform possible glitch? EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 12:43 am

Claudia wrote:
What Zer0 means is that the blood guardian uses the looks of the Blood Shield, without it being turned off after a certain amount of damage (like it does when a Tremere uses blood shield). Of course, if it takes the looks, but also the effects (invulnerability), but it doesn't wear off, well, we're doomed ! ahhhhh !
(Right?)

Actually the opposite, lol. You're right that I mean that the blood guardian uses the look of Blood Shield AND the actual discipline, which is why I think it turns off right before you kill him, because it's acting just like the discipline is. I think the key is to give the Blood Guardian the "look" of the Blood Shield but not the actual true discipline, just the effect.

Oh by the way, welcome to the forum Coldflame! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quest:Slashterpiece blood guardian and Bloodform possible glitch?   Quest:Slashterpiece blood guardian and Bloodform possible glitch? Empty

Back to top Go down

Quest:Slashterpiece blood guardian and Bloodform possible glitch?
Page 1 of 1