Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

zombies!!!!! HELP!!! :)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
aneumann01
Methuselah
Methuselah
aneumann01

zombies!!!!! HELP!!! :) Empty
PostSubject: zombies!!!!! HELP!!! :)   zombies!!!!! HELP!!! :) EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 2:05 am

I threw an idea out that it would be great to see zombies rambling around the graveyard at random as it's been claimed that's exactly what they do. Is there anything I can type in the console to make them come out and walk around?
Back to top Go down
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maxus Corvin

PostSubject: Re: zombies!!!!! HELP!!! :)   zombies!!!!! HELP!!! :) EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 2:51 am

If your post meant that they would be randomly walking around the graveyard when you are NOT doing Romero's quest, then they don't. It would certainly make sense for them to be, though not crowding. Even if there are a large number of graves(never mind the people in the Mausoleum), having to many might be taxing when one would switch from the few that should be there any time you enter the graveyard, and the ones that should appear when doing Romero's quest. They really shouldn't attack you either, at least not to the point that every one you get close to starts yelling "brains!!!". Though it might be funny if they did yell that, instead of the moaning, or alongside it.

Oh, and here's an idea: A quest to find and stop the Zombies from rising.
Back to top Go down
aneumann01
Methuselah
Methuselah
aneumann01

PostSubject: Re: zombies!!!!! HELP!!! :)   zombies!!!!! HELP!!! :) EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 11:26 am

Maxus Corvin wrote:
If your post meant that they would be randomly walking around the graveyard when you are NOT doing Romero's quest, then they don't. It would certainly make sense for them to be, though not crowding. Even if there are a large number of graves(never mind the people in the Mausoleum), having to many might be taxing when one would switch from the few that should be there any time you enter the graveyard, and the ones that should appear when doing Romero's quest. They really shouldn't attack you either, at least not to the point that every one you get close to starts yelling "brains!!!". Though it might be funny if they did yell that, instead of the moaning, or alongside it.

Oh I could dig a quest like that! Now that you mentions it, it does seem strange the game did a lot of Nancy Drew quests but never for the zombies. I guess they wrote it off when you get to the Giovanni Mansion and discovered all the dead relatives lurking around the basement. Yes I hope TFN 1.2 Might give us some wondering zombies in the graveyard and our boy Romero actually out side keeping the piece because that's what he's suppose to be doing anyways. LOL
Back to top Go down
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maxus Corvin

PostSubject: Re: zombies!!!!! HELP!!! :)   zombies!!!!! HELP!!! :) EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 2:13 pm

aneumann01 wrote:

Oh I could dig a quest like that! Now that you mentions it, it does seem strange the game did a lot of Nancy Drew quests but never for the zombies. I guess they wrote it off when you get to the Giovanni Mansion and discovered all the dead relatives lurking around the basement.

It might even be overkill to tie them together for TFN, though it could still work. Namely if the quest would play out like this:

Find out about Zombies From Romero
Line 1|
Complete "You only Die Once A Night"
|
Find NPC outside graveyard, who accosts you, commenting on your actions
|
You find that he is a Giovanni, who contemplates resting control of Hollywood from the Anarchs
Line 2|
Find NPC outside in graveyard, who accosts you upon approach, commenting on your actions
|
You find that he is a Giovanni, who contemplates resting control of Hollywood from the Anarchs
|
???

As for the rest, it could play out a few different ways, including the possibility of having to fight a bunch of Zombies if you go for the Anarch ending(culminating in having to fight the Giovanni as a Semi-boss), or having the Giovanni as an ally to the Anarchs(which might require you to convince him to avoid just taking Hollywood - perhaps he wants control of the local Giovanni's real estate, resources, etc).
Back to top Go down
aneumann01
Methuselah
Methuselah
aneumann01

PostSubject: Re: zombies!!!!! HELP!!! :)   zombies!!!!! HELP!!! :) EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 3:44 pm

Maxus Corvin wrote:
aneumann01 wrote:

Oh I could dig a quest like that! Now that you mentions it, it does seem strange the game did a lot of Nancy Drew quests but never for the zombies. I guess they wrote it off when you get to the Giovanni Mansion and discovered all the dead relatives lurking around the basement.

It might even be overkill to tie them together for TFN, though it could still work. Namely if the quest would play out like this:

Find out about Zombies From Romero
Line 1|
Complete "You only Die Once A Night"
|
Find NPC outside graveyard, who accosts you, commenting on your actions
|
Line 2|
Find NPC outside in graveyard, who accosts you upon approach, commenting on your actions
|
|
???

As for the rest, it could play out a few different ways, including the possibility of having to fight a bunch of Zombies if you go for the Anarch ending(culminating in having to fight the Giovanni as a Semi-boss), or having the Giovanni as an ally to the Anarchs(which might require you to convince him to avoid just taking Hollywood - perhaps he wants control of the local Giovanni's real estate, resources, etc).

Humm...I like it! To make it interesting, I'd say make it a chick. Low level Giovanni looking to take control of something as she feels it's her birth right. Maybe a hint to the fact that the Anarchs took control of Hollywood away from the Giovanni back in the 70's or something. So she wants to take it back from Issac to prove to her father Bruno that she's clever enough to take on more responsibility with the family business?
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: zombies!!!!! HELP!!! :)   zombies!!!!! HELP!!! :) EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 4:28 pm

Maxus Corvin wrote:

Funny you guys mention that b/c putting down the zombies in the graveyard was a quest I had been working on for 1.2 for quite some time now. I don't want to give away any spoilers but it's going to be similiar to what you're talking about.

Also, having a few "wandering" zombies sounds good for 1.2. I don't think the zombies should attack the player however being that you have nothing that they want (being dead yourself n all).
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
aneumann01
Methuselah
Methuselah
aneumann01

PostSubject: Re: zombies!!!!! HELP!!! :)   zombies!!!!! HELP!!! :) EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 4:45 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Maxus Corvin wrote:

Funny you guys mention that b/c putting down the zombies in the graveyard was a quest I had been working on for 1.2 for quite some time now. I don't want to give away any spoilers but it's going to be similiar to what you're talking about.

Also, having a few "wandering" zombies sounds good for 1.2. I don't think the zombies should attack the player however being that you have nothing that they want (being dead yourself n all).

If they go by movement and smell they might attack anything. Seems that zombies go by instinct and reflexes. If they encounter something dead or alive that hits them they're liable to hit back as self preservation is basic instinct. They might even try to follow you around the graveyard to see if you know a way out or you know a way to food as a stray would do. Maybe the only way out of the graveyard is to make sure nothing saw you leave out of that hole in the wall just incase they decide to follow. That might mean if one is directly in sight of you by the wall you might have to take him out so he won't follow and alert others to the escape route.
Back to top Go down
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maxus Corvin

PostSubject: Re: zombies!!!!! HELP!!! :)   zombies!!!!! HELP!!! :) EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 4:59 pm

aneumann01 wrote:

Humm...I like it! To make it interesting, I'd say make it a chick. Low level Giovanni looking to take control of something as she feels it's her birth right. Maybe a hint to the fact that the Anarchs took control of Hollywood away from the Giovanni back in the 70's or something. So she wants to take it back from Issac to prove to her father Bruno that she's clever enough to take on more responsibility with the family business?

Now that is certainly something that I like. More than that, maybe she was actually Bruno's daughter, born(as a mortal) before he was embraced, perhaps in the 40s(to keep in line with what Mira says about him), and she was ghouled as a teenager, and made a Vampire in the 60s.

I'd certainly hope something like this is included, and if a character like this is involved, I'd love to do the writing for her.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: zombies!!!!! HELP!!! :)   zombies!!!!! HELP!!! :) EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 5:34 pm

Interesting proposition. I like the way your minds are turning on this one. I like the idea of "why" more than anything. A rogue Giovanni trying to impress his/her uncle is a great reason for raising an army of dead to take over Hollywood. I like this story line!
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
aneumann01
Methuselah
Methuselah
aneumann01

PostSubject: Re: zombies!!!!! HELP!!! :)   zombies!!!!! HELP!!! :) EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 5:36 pm

Maxus Corvin wrote:
aneumann01 wrote:

Now that is certainly something that I like. More than that, maybe she was actually Bruno's daughter, born(as a mortal) before he was embraced, perhaps in the 40s(to keep in line with what Mira says about him), and she was ghouled as a teenager, and made a Vampire in the 60s.

I'd certainly hope something like this is included, and if a character like this is involved, I'd love to do the writing for her.

Yeah well if it gets a green light, I'll do the voice if necessary. I told zer0 I would help anyway I could for future mods. If I can't pay for the mods at least I can try to contribute in some way. :0)
Back to top Go down
aneumann01
Methuselah
Methuselah
aneumann01

PostSubject: Re: zombies!!!!! HELP!!! :)   zombies!!!!! HELP!!! :) EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 6:00 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Interesting proposition. I like the way your minds are turning on this one. I like the idea of "why" more than anything. A rogue Giovanni trying to impress his/her uncle is a great reason for raising an army of dead to take over Hollywood. I like this story line!

The Giovanni really creeped me out the first time i came across them. Speaking of which. Remember the Giovanni hanging out in the empire hotel? I think that was the CAM edition. That was awesome seeing them up close without the fight. Not knowing enough about the Giovanni's left me feeling like something was missing. These guys are obviously a force to be reckoned with but the introductions on this family didn't get enough attention as I found them to be fascinating! Meeting the mortals of the family was okay but engaging in real dialogue with an immortal Giovanni would be a killer edition to TFN.
Back to top Go down
aneumann01
Methuselah
Methuselah
aneumann01

PostSubject: Re: zombies!!!!! HELP!!! :)   zombies!!!!! HELP!!! :) EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 6:14 pm

Zer0 I don't think my MSG to you sent properly so I'm going to post these other quick scratch pad topics as well. Since you touched on the zombies wondering aimlessly through the graveyard these are a couple other things I was wondering about. I believe I mentioned them else where in the forum, but I wanted to just shorten the ideas down into summaries and past them by you to see what you thought about:

Everywhere- Would it be possible to spot vampires feeding in alley's and dark areas from time to time. I never understood why the game made you feel so alone in the world when you're traveling around the HUBS. There are plenty of vampires around you. It would be nice if you saw feedings going on here and there. The only time you see other vampires on the street is when there's a blood hunt for you and now all the sudden you're not alone at all. LOL

Downtown- would it be possible to have a quest where Larry E-mail's you and asks you to put some of his competition out of business. If you see petty thugs in black tank tops or something or gray hoodies, you'll know they're selling pills, guns and such and maybe if you take a few out, Larry will give you a discount on his high end products. You also get to keep what you find on the bodies. Guns, money and such which would be an extra bonus!

Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: zombies!!!!! HELP!!! :)   zombies!!!!! HELP!!! :) EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 7:41 pm

Pretty sure Larry doesn't have the PC's email.
He also already gives a quest in the Parking Garage to get a briefcase and offers a discount (if the player has enough persuasion anyway) as well as opening his "special stock"; which, unlike popular belief, is NOT counterfeit.
To me it seems kinda unnecessary to implement another quest with the same reward.

In addition enemies don't drop any loot with the exception of their weapon(s), I think implementing it would cause more problem than it's worth; but hey that's me.
Back to top Go down
aneumann01
Methuselah
Methuselah
aneumann01

PostSubject: Re: zombies!!!!! HELP!!! :)   zombies!!!!! HELP!!! :) EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 9:14 pm

Karavolos wrote:
Pretty sure Larry doesn't have the PC's email.
He also already gives a quest in the Parking Garage to get a briefcase and offers a discount (if the player has enough persuasion anyway) as well as opening his "special stock"; which, unlike popular belief, is NOT counterfeit.
To me it seems kinda unnecessary to implement another quest with the same reward.

In addition enemies don't drop any loot with the exception of their weapon(s), I think implementing it would cause more problem than it's worth; but hey that's me.

I do get an e-mail by him wanting to sell me watches or something which is odd but just the same he got my e-mail somehow. You are right that he already gives you some goody options after you help him out so I guess whatever you find on the peddling thugs would be your reward and of course xp to build your character would be great! That's just something different that would enhance game play. It doesn't matter. It's just a thought anyways.
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: zombies!!!!! HELP!!! :)   zombies!!!!! HELP!!! :) EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 6:05 pm

aneumann01 wrote:
That's just something different that would enhance game play. It doesn't matter. It's just a thought anyways.

Of course, of course.
Just pointing out flaws so we can perfect the idea What a Face

At any rate that email from Larry is probably, in my opinion anyway, a spam mail rather than a personal message.
And for the quest Larry would likely have to give you at least money if nothing else since I have a hard time seein' the PC doing it for nothing more often than not.
Given the PC could be overly good or perhaps just loyal to friends/allies/whatever, but I think those are in the (vast) minority and therefore unlikely to potentially risk his/her life because Larry asks nicely.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: zombies!!!!! HELP!!! :)   zombies!!!!! HELP!!! :) Empty

Back to top Go down

zombies!!!!! HELP!!! :)
Page 1 of 1