Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Prostitutes and Dementation

Go down 
+5
Dragatus
Karavolos
Feral
Claudia
Childe of Malkav
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Prostitutes and Dementation Empty
PostSubject: Prostitutes and Dementation   Prostitutes and Dementation EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 2:07 pm

I believe that the option to dementate a hooker makes it too easy to feed for a Malk.
As a Ventrue, there is always the chance that your body rejects her blood, and the bloodpoints for dominating her are wasted. But there is no such risk for a Malk.
So I changed the dialog a bit. After you have dementated a few of them, the next one you talk to will react as if you were a Nossie affraid
And the best bit is: you won't know when it happens. Twisted Evil
My reasoning for doing it this way is: They'll notice that something is wrong with the money they got. And since they probably talk to each other, sometimes one of them will recognize the pc as the cheater...

- geek
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Prostitutes and Dementation   Prostitutes and Dementation EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 2:29 pm

That's excellent !

Why can't other dominate users dominate the prostitutes, btw? It's Ventrue only ?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Prostitutes and Dementation   Prostitutes and Dementation EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 3:10 pm

Claudia wrote:
That's excellent !

Why can't other dominate users dominate the prostitutes, btw? It's Ventrue only ?
In vanilla, there isn't even the option to dominate or dementate the prostitutes.
Wesp set up the domination for the plus patch, as level 2, so Tremere can't use it. When I set up the Dementation for CE, I forgot about the failure (=vomiting) chance for Ventrue. And after playing CE1.5 as a Malk, and having too easy a time feeding on the hubs, I have tried to get in a failure chance for Malks as well.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Prostitutes and Dementation   Prostitutes and Dementation EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 6:19 pm

Wonderfull idea...
But then, why can't the Warlocks...?
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Prostitutes and Dementation   Prostitutes and Dementation EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 7:45 pm

Same problem as with the Malkavians pre-this solution.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Prostitutes and Dementation   Prostitutes and Dementation EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 6:44 am

OK, but can't it be coded for Usurpers to have the same abilities in dialouge as the Bluebloods? They are schemers no less, so there is background justification.
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Prostitutes and Dementation   Prostitutes and Dementation EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 12:09 pm

The Dominate condition in dialogue files only works for Ventrue. The current low level Domination that Tremere are given is actually a hack that checks for Thaumaturgy instead. So Tremere can either get only the Dominate 1 options or they can get all the options without for free, which would naturally be unbalanced. Besides, this keeps the Ventrue more unique and that's a good thing.
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Prostitutes and Dementation   Prostitutes and Dementation EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 7:17 pm

I just had a strange feeling that I'm being chased Suspect
Back to top Go down
Voraxith
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Voraxith

PostSubject: Re: Prostitutes and Dementation   Prostitutes and Dementation EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 7:28 pm

Karavolos wrote:
I just had a strange feeling that I'm being chased Suspect
*Quirks a mischievous eyebrow at Karavolos.*

But seriously, I had no idea about the prostitute dialog options as far as Dominate/Dementate go. I personally am of the opinion that considering how those diciplines work in the p&p game and how different they are in Bloodlines, I think that they should allow certain special dialog options in regards to charming and seducing or overpowering. Those elements are very present in those disciplines use in the p&p game, yet almost completely absent (save for mods, apparently) from Bloodlines. For all the clans that have them, by the by.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Prostitutes and Dementation   Prostitutes and Dementation EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 7:57 pm

I think intimidating the prostitutes, then insisting, and catch them as they run off the alleys is AWESOME Very Happy

How come people think intimidation sucks ? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jambat
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Prostitutes and Dementation   Prostitutes and Dementation EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 11:16 pm

Claudia wrote:
I think intimidating the prostitutes, then insisting, and catch them as they run off the alleys is AWESOME Very Happy

How come people think intimidation sucks ? Very Happy

That's horrible, yet I've done it several times with my Brujah. Twisted Evil Just kind of keep cutting them off as they are running to herd them back towards the alleys.

I wish they would add more Intimidation and Seduction lines so you could use them more.
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Prostitutes and Dementation   Prostitutes and Dementation EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 12:03 pm

I do the same thing, except instead of Intimidating them I just punch them in the face. Works just as well and allows you to spend your exp elsewhere.

The bad side is that eventually my unarmed damage will grow too high and a punch in the face becomes and instant kill. At that point I need to adopt a different aproach.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Prostitutes and Dementation   Prostitutes and Dementation EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 3:09 pm

Dragatus wrote:
I do the same thing, except instead of Intimidating them I just punch them in the face. Works just as well and allows you to spend your exp elsewhere.

The bad side is that eventually my unarmed damage will grow too high and a punch in the face becomes and instant kill. At that point I need to adopt a different aproach.
Try looking like a Nossie... lol!
You can ask Philosopher for a nos(e)-job

- geek
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Prostitutes and Dementation   Prostitutes and Dementation EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 4:19 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Dragatus wrote:

Try looking like a Nossie... lol!
You can ask Philosopher for a nos(e)-job

- geek

Full facial and dental work could be even better Laughing
Chat line like"Hi sweety, look at my enormous... fangs Twisted Evil " would be very Tzimisc-ish.
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Prostitutes and Dementation   Prostitutes and Dementation EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 6:09 pm

So i gave that bitch a tentacle rape. Biches love tentacle rape.
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Prostitutes and Dementation   Prostitutes and Dementation EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 6:10 pm

My god, ThePhilosopher is Japanese!
Back to top Go down
Cthulhu
Elder God
Cthulhu

PostSubject: Re: Prostitutes and Dementation   Prostitutes and Dementation EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 6:23 pm

ThePhilosopher wrote:
So i gave that bitch a tentacle rape. Biches love tentacle rape.

INDEED THEY DO...
Back to top Go down
http://www.cultofcthulhu.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prostitutes and Dementation   Prostitutes and Dementation Empty

Back to top Go down

Prostitutes and Dementation
Page 1 of 1