Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General Install Info for TFN & CE 1.5

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
atronac
Neonate
Neonate
atronac

General Install Info for TFN & CE 1.5 Empty
PostSubject: General Install Info for TFN & CE 1.5   General Install Info for TFN & CE 1.5 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 2:17 am

Hey everyone i'm starting this topic because some of us who aren't as tech savvy as the rest of you antedilluvians, and methusulas and whatnot have been having trouble installing The Final Nights and Camarilla Edition mods. I spent at least 4 hours searching on google and to make a long story short the answer was on this website, but the terms were so foreign to me that I was going in circles; So here I present to you, how to install The Final Nights and Camarilla WITHOUT having to waste 4 hours of your precious (un)lives and WITHOUT having to keep uninstalling Vampire:TM to enjoy these mods!! SPECIFICALLY for my direct2drive comrades as we seem to have been left out. Mad LOL just kidding I love your work TCI and you are truly pre-flood vampires worthy of worship.(by another man other than me) cheers

1. Copy your original Vampire:TM folder to your desktop, It should appear on your desktop as Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines Copy (this is so you can always play the original and also for when you want to install future mods.)

2. when the installer asks you where you would like to install the original file is under activision, just hilight the files name, Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines, copy and paste and click next on the installer.

3. When it is done installing go to the original file under activision, NOT THE ONE ON YOUR DESKTOP THAT SAYS COPY YOU SHOULDN"T HAVE EVEN MESSED WITH THAT AFTER YOU FOLLOWED STEP 1, and the file folder (VAMPIRE:TM BLOODLINES) should appear the same on the outside, but once you double click it and click the file that says vampire, WHICH IS INSIDE THE ORIGINAL VAMPIRE:TM BLOODLINES FOLDER, the game should run whichever mod you downloaded, provided you followed the above steps. The ORIGINAL VAMPIRE:TM BLOODLINES FOLDER is now your modded game, and the VAMPIRE:TM BLOODLINES FOLDER ON YOUR DESKTOP is now your original game without mods.

4. If you can't run the game because of memory problems (ENGINE ERROR) go to the file folder of whichever game your tring to run, right click on the vampire text with the ankh next to it (its the thing that looks like a cross, black and red) and click on properties. From properties click on compatibility and make sure all boxes are checked: also make sure your trying to run the game on whichever form of windows that you have (which can be changed in compatibility) click ok, and you should be ready to play, by going to the folder that holds the game your trying to play, and double clicking vampire in that folder.

5. Dont try and copy and paste shortcuts to get to the different versions of the game faster, it will cause an error, just move the modded folders to your desktop and leave the original in the activision folder for future mods.

6. If you followed every step you should not have to re-install/install the game every time you want to enjoy Bloodlines, Camarilla edition v.1.5 or The Final Nights, and direct2drive users like me just follow them directions and you'll be cookin with crisco! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: General Install Info for TFN & CE 1.5   General Install Info for TFN & CE 1.5 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 6:18 am

TL;DR version :

Install fresh copy in one directory

Install mod on one other directory

Open windows explorer

Merge mod files directory over fresh copy directory.

AKA RTFM Wink
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: General Install Info for TFN & CE 1.5   General Install Info for TFN & CE 1.5 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 11:25 am

Copy the whole thing on the desktop? affraid

- geek

P.S.: IMO the whole text is about as readable as Marx gone Kafka lol!
Back to top Go down
atronac
Neonate
Neonate
atronac

PostSubject: Re: General Install Info for TFN & CE 1.5   General Install Info for TFN & CE 1.5 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 1:16 pm

Malkav, do you think its to cluttered? I tried to make the directions so simple a childe of anyone could do it. and I suppose you may be able to put the whole thing on your desktop, but I didnt. The goal of this post was for people like me who don't really understand the technical terms i.e. Claudias' above post the only words I know are directory and merge lol. Im am not familiar whith this marx gon kafka however lol, but thanks for the constructive criticism.

P.S. You did a great job on the Camarilla edition.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: General Install Info for TFN & CE 1.5   General Install Info for TFN & CE 1.5 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 1:28 pm

Directory = folder

Technologically impaired ducks shoul stick to Steam and Sims, maybe...

Your explanation was far more complicated that the actual instructions (install game, install mod in the same place)
Back to top Go down
atronac
Neonate
Neonate
atronac

PostSubject: Re: General Install Info for TFN & CE 1.5   General Install Info for TFN & CE 1.5 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 3:05 am

one year later and Im super glad I wrote this. Thanks past self.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: General Install Info for TFN & CE 1.5   General Install Info for TFN & CE 1.5 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 8:21 am

atronac wrote:
one year later and Im super glad I wrote this. Thanks past self.
Yeah, it could get difficult at weekends, especially after some vodka with hash. Laughing
Back to top Go down
atronac
Neonate
Neonate
atronac

PostSubject: Re: General Install Info for TFN & CE 1.5   General Install Info for TFN & CE 1.5 EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 2:23 am

Man I haven't traded vodka cups or matched with the tentacled one in a whole year. Why has he forsaken me?? How I miss those weekends.... Hold me.. (pets ferals' back) Sad
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: General Install Info for TFN & CE 1.5   General Install Info for TFN & CE 1.5 EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 6:37 pm

atronac wrote:
Man I haven't traded vodka cups or matched with the tentacled one in a whole year. Why has he forsaken me?? How I miss those weekends.... Hold me.. (pets ferals' back) Sad

*cuddles*
*starts wagging and licking sesh*
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: General Install Info for TFN & CE 1.5   General Install Info for TFN & CE 1.5 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 5:21 am

Feral wrote:
atronac wrote:

*cuddles*
*starts wagging and licking sesh*
Hey Feral, it seems you have transformed from big bad wolf to official forum teddy bear Laughing

- geek
Back to top Go down
atronac
Neonate
Neonate
atronac

PostSubject: Re: General Install Info for TFN & CE 1.5   General Install Info for TFN & CE 1.5 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 5:25 am

Shocked + Runs for the hills!+
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: General Install Info for TFN & CE 1.5   General Install Info for TFN & CE 1.5 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 5:39 am

atronac wrote:
Wrong reaction with a dog. It will give chase on instinct...

- geek
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: General Install Info for TFN & CE 1.5   General Install Info for TFN & CE 1.5 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 11:02 am

Not necessairly, you never know what game the dog might be playing scratch
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: General Install Info for TFN & CE 1.5   General Install Info for TFN & CE 1.5 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 11:46 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:
atronac wrote:
Wrong reaction with a dog. It will give chase on instinct...

- geek

*gives a happy chase, yipping with excitement, Feral Claws and Gleam of the Red Eyes on...*

Childe of Malkav wrote:

Hey Feral, it seems you have transformed from big bad wolf to official forum teddy bear Laughing

What could I do...? I am afraid I fall under Fluffy of Doom. If you don't get it, google TVTropes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Install Info for TFN & CE 1.5   General Install Info for TFN & CE 1.5 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Install Info for TFN & CE 1.5
Page 1 of 1