Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Table top game using Bloodlines for setting

Go down 
+12
PGM1961
Karavolos
Duncan.Oliver
Feral
Meowolf
Dragatus
atronac
eye of the divine
Childe of Malkav
ThePhilosopher
Claudia
Voraxith
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

Table top game using Bloodlines for setting - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting - Page 5 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 8:30 pm

Karavolos wrote:
Duncan! Look at this guy trying to take away my rights to talk about whatever the hell I want Crying or Very sad
Please fight for my cause!

You're joking, right? Ever been to a Brujah rant? The guy/gal who wins the debate is usually the one that can stay on stage the longest. You wanna talk, earn it!
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting - Page 5 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 8:34 pm

What good are you now?
Well whatever, ima go and steal things What a Face
Back to top Go down
Voraxith
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Voraxith

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting - Page 5 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 8:54 pm

I kinda figured Duncan would see my side of it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting - Page 5 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 11:08 pm

Voraxith wrote:
I kinda figured Duncan would see my side of it. Very Happy

Actually, the Brujah part of my brain was kinda hoping Kara would punch you. But I guess Ravnos really aren't into that.
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting - Page 5 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 11:12 pm

BTW, the first rule of Diablerie (for me) is DON'T DIABLERIZE ANYONE!!!

But maybe that's just me. One angry person in here (not counting the Beast) is enough for me, thank you.
Back to top Go down
Voraxith
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Voraxith

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting - Page 5 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 1:14 am

Duncan.Oliver wrote:
Actually, the Brujah part of my brain was kinda hoping Kara would punch you. But I guess Ravnos really aren't into that.
Shocked ... affraid ... Sad
Aww... You hurt me, Duncan. You really hurt me.
But actually, my paraphrasing Fight Club was directed more at my fellow Outlander.

As an interesting side note, I Googled myself the other day and your avatar was one of the pics that popped up. For someone I don't really talk to much on here, Google seems to think we talk a lot. Conspiracy, mebbe?
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting - Page 5 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 9:15 am

This' getting interesting Smile

I'll say nothing though, as.. some ideas I keep for the current game \o/
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting - Page 5 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 10:33 am

Voraxith wrote:
Shocked ... affraid ... Sad
Aww... You hurt me, Duncan. You really hurt me.
You'll heal. Just expend a little vitae.

Voraxith wrote:
As an interesting side note, I Googled myself the other day and your avatar was one of the pics that popped up. For someone I don't really talk to much on here, Google seems to think we talk a lot. Conspiracy, mebbe?

When you 'Google' yourself, keep my avatar out of it. Razz

Sometimes I try to Google sci-fi or fantasy terms, and the only references are links to forums where they talk about games. What's worse, sometimes the only thing I can find is a link to myself, talking about the topic on some forum. This makes me feel sorry for other people who Google the same topic, if I am the best authority Google can find.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting - Page 5 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 10:35 am

Conspiracy ?

It wasn't me ! I've got no Alibi ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting - Page 5 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 2:01 pm

Claudia wrote:
Conspiracy ?

It wasn't me ! I've got no Alibi ! Very Happy
That sounds reasonable.

Of course I'm no authority on reasonable... Laughing I have heard the word before, but never in any positive context with my clan

- geek
Back to top Go down
Voraxith
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Voraxith

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 5:06 pm

Oh, my poor poor vampire coterie. Whatever am I going to do to with them?
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 5:11 pm

Voraxith wrote:
Oh, my poor poor vampire coterie. Whatever am I going to do to with them?

Something evil, devious and limb rending, methinks? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Voraxith
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Voraxith

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 5:14 pm

Oh, you mean aside from the fact that the Toreador has been a) tricked into thinking she diablerized someone by a Ravnos antitribu, and b) forced into the body of the Malkavian by a feisty and ill-tempered mage? Oh, okay. Smile
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 5:31 pm

So, no suspicions on me? Yay
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 6:36 pm

Voraxith wrote:
Oh, you mean aside from the fact that the Toreador has been tricked into thinking she diablerized someone by a Ravnos Antitribu

Lies I say.
Cease these lies or your secrets will be revealed to the local prince What a Face
Back to top Go down
Voraxith
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Voraxith

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 5:59 am

Oh, so much fun tonight. They pretty much decimated the beach house, but it was one of the most hilariously one-sided fights ever. One Gangrel, a Malkavian, and a Toreador were all pretty much useless to the scene; but one lone Gangrel rose above the rest, took command, and DESTROYED those fools who hurt Mercurio. Epicosity ensued with Michael Bay-esque demolitions. Too bad they need the Astrolite for later...
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 7:57 am

Wait, what happened with the astrolite?
Back to top Go down
Voraxith
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Voraxith

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 8:54 pm

It went boom. Very Happy

So, I'm thinking of killing one of the characters as a way to sort of remind them that actions do in fact have consequences: especially in the World of Darkness. Any thoughts on the matter?
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 8:56 pm

Unless they can obtain their goal some other way, I say sure.
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 2:40 pm

Killing a player character is fine, as long as the player can see that the death is the result of his own actions and not just your arbitrary decision.
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 5:30 pm

Dragatus wrote:
Killing a player character is fine, as long as the player can see that the death is the result of his own actions or another player's action and not just your arbitrary decision.

Corrected. Other players can get you killed too.

[Player X] I cast Fireball.
[Storyteller] You know Player Y is in the spell radius, right?
[Player X] Yeah, but he's got fire resistance I think.
[Storyteller] Okay. Rolls dice. A few people fall, including Player Y because he only had 10 hit points left.
[Player Y] You jerk! My ring of fire resistance only stops 20% of the damage!
[Player X] Oops.

Not that this is from experience or anything. (bastard Mages!)
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 6:00 pm

Duncan.Oliver wrote:
...Not that this is from experience or anything. (bastard Mages!)
Bloody stupid fighters. Always charging without waiting for the spellcasters to weaken the enemy with area effects. Serves them right, if their ass gets toasted Evil or Very Mad

- geek
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 9:54 pm

Voraxith wrote:
So, I'm thinking of killing one of the characters as a way to sort of remind them that actions do in fact have consequences: especially in the World of Darkness. Any thoughts on the matter?

As you just said, their actions have consequences. If they act or do something stupid, they should suffer from it.
BUT from the way you're writing, it seems almost as if you're planning to kill one, no matter what happens. And that is BAD BAD BAD.

The reason most people like tabletop RPG is that the possibilities are limitless. You're not restricted to a certain pre-made plot or pre-made character. So if the players suddenly decided "hey, you know what? fuck the prince, we're going to the sabbat" there's nothing technically stopping them from doing so. Trying to use "force" as a way to keep them predictable, or to show off you got balls to kill one, destroys all the fun in the game. Remember, the storyteller plays with the player, not against them.

My thoughts? Sure, don't be afraid to kill a character if the situation calls for it. Doing a Deus EX machina to keep your player's characters alive is just as damaging to the fun as putting a fight or anything that no matter what your players do, how much they roll or how inteligently they fight, someone is going to die.

If you really want to kill someone, make more challenging enemies and a more dangerous game overall. Don't point to some guy and say "hey, you're dead, just to show you i can".
Back to top Go down
Voraxith
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Voraxith

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 1:26 am

I typically run under a very strict rule for myself while running a game: the game is supposed to be fun. I let so much shit get by, most Storytellers would have a conniption fit. I absolutely hate killing player's characters unless they know they deserve it/want it for a specific reason. I've played too many games in which the game master just didn't give a fuck how much you loved your character or that you had literally just made it; you died, you died -- no excuses. I hate that! I like giving some wiggle room for the player to actually enjoy the game. However, that being said I will always stand by the idea that actions have consequences, and in a World of Darkness game, that is just the point. When I say I want to kill one of the characters, I simply mean allowing a situation to get entirely out of hand, and let the chips fall where they may. I just wanna see if they'll actually start playing characters that would conceivably exist in the WoD.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 3:29 am

Give them a chance to replace the boom-stuff. But make it absolutely clear that Mercurio has them at the balls...

So if our nice weapon dealing ghoulie needs some dirty deeds to be done...

- geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Table top game using Bloodlines for setting   Table top game using Bloodlines for setting - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Table top game using Bloodlines for setting
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next