Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need help installing the final nights

Go down 
+7
m0rris0n
Feral
Claudia
Childe of Malkav
Nachtrae
Shabutaro
miggs.castro
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
m0rris0n
Fledgling
Fledgling

Need help installing the final nights - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need help installing the final nights   Need help installing the final nights - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 9:50 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Morrison,

Try installing TFN to your desktop then manually dragging the contents into your Bloodlines folder. It will ask you if you want to overwrite a ton of files so hit YES. Then try running the game from the actual bloodlines executable file, not the shortcut. Try that and let us know.

That did the trick, Zer0Morph. Thanks! I can play a Baali! Woohoo!!
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Need help installing the final nights   Need help installing the final nights - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 10:44 pm

HAHA awesome M0rris0n!! Great to hear man!

I honestly can't say why it didn't work directly from the installer but since this way worked, I'm happy! Have fun and let us know what we did well and what we did poorly. Solid feedback is always welcomed and we do our best to listen to our fans. santa
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Need help installing the final nights   Need help installing the final nights - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 4:24 am

Actually the game allows to use any discipline in dialog. It will use the dementation fonts and color, but no particles, unless you add them. And of course as with the usual Dominate and Dementation, it costs the specified level in blood per use.
This is where the scripts from Entenschreck and me come into it. Entenschreck did a script that adds particles to the face of the dialog partner. And my script for use with presence to determine if an option is valid for the pc. Both are implemented in the latest CE version.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Need help installing the final nights   Need help installing the final nights - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 9:48 am

So one can blow people up with Daimonion 4/Thaumaturgy 5 in dialogue? ;0
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Need help installing the final nights   Need help installing the final nights - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 11:50 am

Karavolos wrote:
So one can blow people up with Daimonion 4/Thaumaturgy 5 in dialogue? ;0
No, it doesn't work that way. But you can make any text-line dependent on any discipline and level, same as you can do for any other feat. But only disciplines, persuasion, intimidation, and seduction show up in different colors and fonts. If you want to make a special effect go along with it, you have to use a python script...

- geek
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Need help installing the final nights   Need help installing the final nights - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 11:54 am

Conditions to have some lines appear in dialogue are just that : conditions. The DLG files are FULL of those fucking conditions of doom. For Jack, many conditions are about your level of advancement in the main storyline. BG01 put in his Killiyan quest that if the PC has Auspex above a certain level, said line appears (in this particular case, the character notices the aura of Killiyan and tells her that she's not human)
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Need help installing the final nights   Need help installing the final nights - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 11:55 am

I had to embed the particles and sound for Obeah into the map then write a python script to play it when the PC chooses the correct dialogue. That's how I made Obeah usable during conversations.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help installing the final nights   Need help installing the final nights - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Need help installing the final nights
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: The Final Nights Forum :: Ask a Question-
Jump to: