Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to properly intall?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dark_Ansem
Ancillae
Ancillae
Dark_Ansem

How to properly intall? Empty
PostSubject: How to properly intall?   How to properly intall? EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 1:11 pm

I have the DVD version (at least, that's what appears to me once the cd tray is loaded: "VampireTheMasque"). how can I install it properly on windows 7 x64?
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: How to properly intall?   How to properly intall? EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 1:18 pm

XD DVD, rsly. Dude, that's called a CD ROM. I know it's as old as a floppy but come on Very Happy

Run the installer and that's about it. Just be careful where you install it.
Back to top Go down
Dark_Ansem
Ancillae
Ancillae
Dark_Ansem

PostSubject: Re: How to properly intall?   How to properly intall? EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 1:27 pm

shouldn't I patch the installer? or engine.dll? after making an ISO of the physical support?
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: How to properly intall?   How to properly intall? EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 1:37 pm

Nope

You install the game, then you install the mod you like over the game.
Back to top Go down
Dark_Ansem
Ancillae
Ancillae
Dark_Ansem

PostSubject: Re: How to properly intall?   How to properly intall? EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 1:40 pm

as simple as that?
will it work in root HDD directory?
do I need the official patch?
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: How to properly intall?   How to properly intall? EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 1:44 pm

Most mods are built upon a version of the unofficial patch of Wesp, which themselves are built upon Official patch. I personally never encountered any problem with installing the game then a mod above it, but you might just want to stay safe and install the OP 1.2 above your fresh install, and before your Mod.

If you want to read awesome instructions on how to install, this is the extensive manual of BG01 :

http://planet-vampire.net/modules/Burgermeister/install.php
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: How to properly intall?   How to properly intall? EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 1:46 pm

Dark_Ansem wrote:
as simple as that?
will it work in root HDD directory?
do I need the official patch?
Just make sure, the mod is installed in the same directory as your vampire.exe file. And you don't need any patches, because all mods are built on one or another version of the unofficial patch, and that includes the official one.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Dark_Ansem
Ancillae
Ancillae
Dark_Ansem

PostSubject: Re: How to properly intall?   How to properly intall? EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 1:47 pm

thanks it lists how to install the 3cd version which is more than enough for me Very Happy right?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: How to properly intall?   How to properly intall? EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 1:53 pm

Dark_Ansem wrote:
thanks it lists how to install the 3cd version which is more than enough for me Very Happy right?
Yep. That's enough. But if you have enough disk-space, I'd suggest multiple installations:
Install the basic game from your cds, make a copy of the whole thing, including subdirectories to some other directory and install the mod on the copy of the original game. This way you can have more than one mod at the same time on your computer. And if you want to try something different, like clan quest, you can do it without having to uninstall and reinstall the whole affair.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: How to properly intall?   How to properly intall? EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 1:54 pm

copy paste, copy paste and rename Very Happy

One of these days I'll make a tutorial video out of it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dark_Ansem
Ancillae
Ancillae
Dark_Ansem

PostSubject: Re: How to properly intall?   How to properly intall? EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 1:54 pm

I did think about that, thanks. and I feel I have enough space Razz
I'll reinstall anyway once I finish "vanilla" game (only unofficial patch) to see even more differences.
Back to top Go down
Dark_Ansem
Ancillae
Ancillae
Dark_Ansem

PostSubject: Re: How to properly intall?   How to properly intall? EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 1:55 pm

Claudia wrote:
copy paste, copy paste and rename Very Happy

One of these days I'll make a tutorial video out of it Very Happy
a bit off-topic: I have read over ModDB that a Bloodlines mod allows attributes to go past 5. is it one of yours? I can't find it again so I can't check Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: How to properly intall?   How to properly intall? EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 2:02 pm

Both, CE and TFN allow for attributes above 5. But you can't rise them hiigher than 5 with xp, it's just that disciplines or magical items which rise the attribute or ability are not capped.

-geek
Back to top Go down
Dark_Ansem
Ancillae
Ancillae
Dark_Ansem

PostSubject: Re: How to properly intall?   How to properly intall? EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 2:04 pm

oh that was it. I must have dreamed of going as high as 20 lol
Back to top Go down
Dark_Ansem
Ancillae
Ancillae
Dark_Ansem

PostSubject: Re: How to properly intall?   How to properly intall? EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 8:39 am

which widescreen mod can I use with Camarilla Edition mod?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: How to properly intall?   How to properly intall? EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 11:35 am

Dark_Ansem wrote:
which widescreen mod can I use with Camarilla Edition mod?
The usual one, respatch, which is included in Wesps patch and any mod that is built on Wesps patch. (I don't know of any other...)

- geek
Back to top Go down
Dark_Ansem
Ancillae
Ancillae
Dark_Ansem

PostSubject: Re: How to properly intall?   How to properly intall? EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 11:50 am

oh right, that one. I had forgotten it Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to properly intall?   How to properly intall? Empty

Back to top Go down

How to properly intall?
Page 1 of 1