Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hello and Help!

Go down 
+2
Karavolos
Toreador
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Toreador
Ancillae
Ancillae
Toreador

Hello and Help! Empty
PostSubject: Hello and Help!   Hello and Help! EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 11:38 am

Hello everyone! I just got VtmB (I've been wanting this game for several years now) and finally got it installed! As you can tell by my name, I'm a huge fan of the Toreador Clan from VtM. I'm obsessed with beauty myself, so I naturally clicked with this Clan's ideals. Also, the fact that they're beautiful creatures and only sire who are beautiful and/or have great artistic ability also made me happy.

I love both Vampire: The Masquerade and Vampire: The Requiem. I tend to like VtR a little more than VtM because of it's lore and cleaner mechanics. In VtR, my favourite Clan is, obviously, the Daeva (though I don't play as a Daeva of the Toreador bloodline).

So, I have a huge problem every time I've tried to run Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines. I ALWAYS get this error, though I haven't done anything wrong (and I got it even before I downloaded the 8.3 patch, which I figured would fix my problems): Unable to load manifest file 'scripts/game_sounds_manifest.txt'. I've Googled this error before and came up with some results, however, none of them helped. One result actually lead me here and I figured you all might be able to help. I read (on here) that the .exe file the person was using was renamed differently, but when I checked mine, it was just 'vampire' (without the quotations). If anyone can help, that would be just amazing as I've wanted to play this game for 6+ years now, ever since I saw it out in stores when it first came out.

P.S. I can take screenshots if that would be of help to anyone.

P.P.S. Also, I saw that there is a rp section on here. I might just hop in because I LOVE to rp!

Thanks everyone!
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

Hello and Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello and Help!   Hello and Help! EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 12:32 pm

Do you have CE installed?

As for the RP you'll have to hunt Claudia down somehow somewhere and nag to set you up What a Face
Check in the chatbox on occasion too if you're interested.
Back to top Go down
Toreador
Ancillae
Ancillae
Toreador

Hello and Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello and Help!   Hello and Help! EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 12:43 pm

No, I don't have CE installed, though I want it REALLY badly! The work you guys put into it is astounding! affraid I just feel so close to being able to play it, and it's driving me crazy. I've looked through all sorts of folders that I have in the directory, but there doesn't seem to be anything wrong. So close, but so far away..

Also, when I've viewed videos of VtMB gameplay, I've been dissatisfied with the male Toreador model. Is it possible to do a reskin of that model with that of the male Ventrue model? If so, could the male Toreador clothes be used for the reskin or would they have to use the original clothes?

Quote :
As for the RP you'll have to hunt Claudia down somehow somewhere and nag to set you up
Check in the chatbox on occasion too if you're interested.

Great! I love to RP and can't wait to get going!
Back to top Go down
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maxus Corvin

Hello and Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello and Help!   Hello and Help! EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 5:52 pm

Toreador wrote:

Also, when I've viewed videos of VtMB gameplay, I've been dissatisfied with the male Toreador model. Is it possible to do a reskin of that model with that of the male Ventrue model? If so, could the male Toreador clothes be used for the reskin or would they have to use the original clothes?

While it certainly is possible to use the Ventrue models for the toreador, what isn't is to change the clothes. If you still would want to knowing this, then I can easily type up a guide to do so. Also, it wouldn't be just reskining the textures, it would be changing the models. Though you could certainly reskin the textures, it isn't really needed.
Back to top Go down
Toreador
Ancillae
Ancillae
Toreador

Hello and Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello and Help!   Hello and Help! EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 6:19 pm

Yes, I would love a guide! Thank you very much in advance Smile
Back to top Go down
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maxus Corvin

Hello and Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello and Help!   Hello and Help! EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 8:46 pm

There are two ways to do it, one of them being quite simple(mostly copy and pasting text).

Editing Clandoc001.txt

All this requires really is opening the clandoc txt file(located in 'Vampire/vdata/system/'), and making a few changes. It can be opened with notepad. Also, I would recommend that you keep a backup of this file(even making a copy of it and renaming the copy Clandoc002 would work fine).

The only thing to decide on, is if you want to switch the models, meaning the Ventrue models are used for the toreador, etc.

Use the find feature, and look for "Player_Ventrue". The lines labeled "M_Body" are the male ones. Select all of these lines, and then right click, choosing copy. Next, scroll up to where it says "Player Toreador". Like the previous, there are lines marked "M_Body". Select these lines, then right-click, choosing paste. So long as you see all five lines, it's pretty much done.

The only thing you might still want to do is have the Ventrue use the Toreador model, and that involves the same process. If you need to, just select the "M_Body" lines for the Ventrue, then copy this:
Spoiler:

Changing the Models

Although this one would allow what you want, it also requires a fair bit of work to do it.

Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Hello and Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello and Help!   Hello and Help! EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 10:10 pm

Hi Toreador, welcome to the forum.

First pretty sucker we have here, I think. Let's taste your blood Twisted Evil

I have no idea how to help you with your problems starting the game. Sounds like a problem due to the new op versions. I guess you run win7 or something. Have you tried using a compatibility mode, XP or Vista? And running it as administrator is supposed to help with some problems as well. I know there is no sound manifest or similar file in the game.

As an addon to what Maxus said: Better don't delete or overwrite the toreador armor lines, just comment them out.
Comment mark in clandoc and similar files is a double slash // the rest of the line is ignored by the game engine. You can see examples of this with the "hands" lines. That makes it easier to switch back if you want, or if you find some downloadable skin to install later.
You can find skin-files on PlanetVampire or on ModDB. Links are on this forum.

- geek

Last edited by Childe of Malkav on Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

Hello and Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello and Help!   Hello and Help! EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 10:11 pm

Sio came first.

Don't fall for Malkav's temptations or you'll spend the rest of your eternity in his lab.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Hello and Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello and Help!   Hello and Help! EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 10:23 pm

Karavolos wrote:
Sio came first.

Don't fall for Malkav's temptations or you'll spend the rest of your eternity in his lab.
Certainly not. I cxan't use a prety sucker as Igor. A good looking igor would be ridiculous. And for guinea pigs, I need vampires with useful disciplines like obtenebration or vicissitude. Even chimerstry could come handy... Twisted Evil

- geek
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

Hello and Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello and Help!   Hello and Help! EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 10:26 pm

Would be fun to make a pretty one into a new Igor and give promises for restoration in turn for loyal service no? What a Face

Sure would make an easier target than me What a Face
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Hello and Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello and Help!   Hello and Help! EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 10:41 pm

Karavolos wrote:
Would be fun to make a pretty one into a new Igor and give promises for restoration in turn for loyal service no? What a Face
Better catch a Nossie or some Tzimisce with bad understanding of Vicissitude for the job of Igor. Perhaps even a Samedi...

Quote :
Sure would make an easier target than me What a Face
Not sure ablout that. These celerity guys just run so fast. Not worth the effort.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

Hello and Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello and Help!   Hello and Help! EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 10:43 pm

As opposed to someone who can grab rocket launchers from a pocket or have Werewolves claw their way out of hot dog stands?

I dare think the Celerity guys are the easier targets here What a Face
Back to top Go down
SaulottheGentle
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
SaulottheGentle

Hello and Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello and Help!   Hello and Help! EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 11:17 pm

*Sneaks in, Grabs Toreador, Flees to Nach's House*

Dont worry Torrie, Nach's house is more sealed than Fort Knox. :3
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Hello and Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello and Help!   Hello and Help! EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 5:59 am

SaulottheGentle wrote:

You mean Alcatraz, don't you? All the security is needed to keep the "volunteers" form getting out...
I know that fiend Twisted Evil

- geek
Back to top Go down
Bloodywolf
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Bloodywolf

Hello and Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello and Help!   Hello and Help! EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 8:44 am

A new Toreador? Humm, preparations must be made.
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

Hello and Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello and Help!   Hello and Help! EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 11:15 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:
SaulottheGentle wrote:

You mean Alcatraz, don't you? All the security is needed to keep the "volunteers" form getting out...
I know that fiend Twisted Evil

- geek

Some people managed to escape Alcatraz tho.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello and Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello and Help!   Hello and Help! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello and Help!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: Camarilla Edition Forum :: Ask a Question-
Jump to: