Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Good News for me and for TFN!!!

Go down 
+4
Karavolos
Claudia
Maxus Corvin
Zer0Morph
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Good News for me and for TFN!!! Empty
PostSubject: Good News for me and for TFN!!!   Good News for me and for TFN!!! EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 11:14 pm

Well I did it today. I went on Newegg.com and ordered myself a brand new $150 4:3 LCD 19" monitor so I can play TFN on. I'm tired of playing on my 17" CRTs so they're going into the dumpster. The reason I haven't played Bloodlines for the past several months is because of this monitor koboggle.

I know you're thinking, just play it with the widescreen res patch. No no, sir, I cannot!! The widescreen patch still stretches the screen, at least when I tried it. Sure the main menu looked nice, but in game everything was still stretched.

Either way, I developed TFN for the native 4:3 format and want to continue doing it this way. I'm going to remove Windows 7 and put XP Pro back on and start playing/developing TFN once the monitor ships to my home. It is a grand day for TFN fans because the next step is TFN 1.2.

cheers santa
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maxus Corvin

PostSubject: Re: Good News for me and for TFN!!!   Good News for me and for TFN!!! EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 11:46 pm

I might have to do the same thing at some point. Don't really have a major issue, but still. Anyway...

I'm not sure if this would really be the place for it, but I've been thinking(along with a bit of doing), a few histories, which I've used in CQM(added them in myself), and I believe I added them to my recent TFN install(since I uninstalled the entire game a while back so I could play CQM). I don't know if these would fit with any of TFN clans, and even if they do, they aren't exactly like the existing ones in the game. The main one would be a history that has a female character gain more blood from females(although I'm not really sure if the effect that Malkav suggested really works or not), and obviously less from males.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Good News for me and for TFN!!!   Good News for me and for TFN!!! EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 8:45 am

interesting !! Smile
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Good News for me and for TFN!!!   Good News for me and for TFN!!! EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 9:01 am

yay cheers
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Good News for me and for TFN!!!   Good News for me and for TFN!!! EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 11:38 am

@Maxus,

Like a girl on girl action History? LOL nice. Might work for an Osebo. Right now I'm just brain storming ideas for 1.2. I've got alot of ideas brewing that I've had for quite some time, along with some bug fixes. I will probably start a new game just to play it and get refreshed on what Bloodlines is all about. I'd like to actually finish TFN before starting 1.2 just so I can get a better overall feeling of what could do the mod some good.
Back to top Go down
SaulottheGentle
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
SaulottheGentle

PostSubject: Re: Good News for me and for TFN!!!   Good News for me and for TFN!!! EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 12:10 pm

The History is not bad, but it could also work the other way around, with guys getting more blood (NO PUN INTENDED YOU PERVERTS) from guys and less from females.

There's also that one Salubri history idea I had. Where the person embraced was a nice person, but they didnt exactly have a backbone, so Obeah costs less and Fortitude costs more to raise.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Good News for me and for TFN!!!   Good News for me and for TFN!!! EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 2:38 pm

Small step for Zer0 and a big step for TFN has been made! (No pun intended)

I'm looking forward to 1.2 then.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Good News for me and for TFN!!!   Good News for me and for TFN!!! EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 3:03 pm

Me too guys! Right now I'm in the process of creating .VCD files for all of the blood dolls, both vanilla and CE made ones, and the hookers. The .VCD files make it so that your dialogue options won't appear until they are done talking. Right now if you talk to any of them in TFN, you can see your response options as soon as they start talking which isn't right.

So I'm spending time fixing that, which has always bugged me. I also fixed the "Sunrise Diner" reference bug where the newscaster, Jeanette, and diary all talk about Surfside Diner. That took some sound cutting to do but it sounds good now.
Back to top Go down
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maxus Corvin

PostSubject: Re: Good News for me and for TFN!!!   Good News for me and for TFN!!! EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 9:26 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:

So I'm spending time fixing that, which has always bugged me. I also fixed the "Sunrise Diner" reference bug where the newscaster, Jeanette, and diary all talk about Surfside Diner. That took some sound cutting to do but it sounds good now.

Although you probably are not going to update TFN with any of the patches, perhaps it would be good to integrate some of the fixes? Mainly, the fix that stops some lights from been seen through walls(unless you've already did this for 1.1).

As for the histories, I actually only have three, two of which would likely need some work on their bonuses/penalties. I'll probably make a thread in the Ideas section, and list them.
Back to top Go down
aneumann01
Methuselah
Methuselah
aneumann01

PostSubject: Re: Good News for me and for TFN!!!   Good News for me and for TFN!!! EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 11:54 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
@Maxus,

Like a girl on girl action History? LOL nice. Might work for an Osebo. Right now I'm just brain storming ideas for 1.2. I've got alot of ideas brewing that I've had for quite some time, along with some bug fixes. I will probably start a new game just to play it and get refreshed on what Bloodlines is all about. I'd like to actually finish TFN before starting 1.2 just so I can get a better overall feeling of what could do the mod some good.

OH OH OH Speaking of girl on girl action. This girl wants to play as a Samedi female. I started redoing my Lets play on youtube and I started lamenting over my samedi always having to be a dude :/ . It's all good. I can't wait to see what twisted editions you come up with.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Good News for me and for TFN!!!   Good News for me and for TFN!!! EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 11:57 pm

aneumann01 wrote:
OH OH OH Speaking of girl on girl action. This girl wants to play as a Samedi female. I started redoing my Lets play on youtube and I started over my samedi always having to be a dude :/ . It's all good. I can't wait to see what twisted editions you come up with.

It will probably be awhile before a Samedi female model gets put in TFN. I plan on making that character last because of all the model editing that must be done to do it right. Sad
Back to top Go down
aneumann01
Methuselah
Methuselah
aneumann01

PostSubject: Re: Good News for me and for TFN!!!   Good News for me and for TFN!!! EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 11:58 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
aneumann01 wrote:
OH OH OH Speaking of girl on girl action. This girl wants to play as a Samedi female. I started redoing my Lets play on youtube and I started over my samedi always having to be a dude :/ . It's all good. I can't wait to see what twisted editions you come up with.

It will probably be awhile before a Samedi female model gets put in TFN. I plan on making that character last because of all the model editing that must be done to do it right. Sad

Well than I'd say it's not a priority than if it's a pain in the back side. :-)
Back to top Go down
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maxus Corvin

PostSubject: Re: Good News for me and for TFN!!!   Good News for me and for TFN!!! EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 3:49 pm

Something I've just found myself curious about, given that I have a playthrough going right now, a Baali. I really should get off my...no, I have to stay on it it finish the game, don't I?

As I have yet to get the point in the game where you get the Tremere haven, can't say I know if it is exactly the same as the Tremere in the normal game. But what I wonder is, although it is hardly a spoiler(if that is even applicable), would the Skyline haven be shut off for the player, or still useable like the SM haven? Although, it wouldn't make much sense for the player to have two, let alone three(with the inclusion of Santa Monica, at least for Laptop use, though the Tremere haven't doesn't have the same problem that Skyline does).
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Good News for me and for TFN!!!   Good News for me and for TFN!!! EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 4:17 pm

Skyline is still available for the Baali, I used it as a haven on my Baali walkthrough.
Back to top Go down
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maxus Corvin

PostSubject: Re: Good News for me and for TFN!!!   Good News for me and for TFN!!! EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 4:20 pm

Karavolos wrote:
Skyline is still available for the Baali, I used it as a haven on my Baali walkthrough.

That I know, since I got it after the Dane. I mean if it is still going to be useable after getting the Tremere haven, or if not.
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Good News for me and for TFN!!!   Good News for me and for TFN!!! EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 4:25 pm

Oh.
I think you need to choose between one or the other as I couldn't get the Tremere Haven after getting the Skyline Apartment.
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Good News for me and for TFN!!!   Good News for me and for TFN!!! EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 5:25 pm

You have to pick one. When the prince says he'll give you the Skyline appartment you can decline saying that you'll join the local chantry or somesuch. I'm assuming if you don't decline, you can't get the Tremere haven.
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Good News for me and for TFN!!!   Good News for me and for TFN!!! EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 6:27 pm

That's how it worked for me.
Back to top Go down
SaulottheGentle
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
SaulottheGentle

PostSubject: Re: Good News for me and for TFN!!!   Good News for me and for TFN!!! EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 7:23 pm

Thirded.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Good News for me and for TFN!!!   Good News for me and for TFN!!! EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 10:21 am

Maxus Corvin wrote:
Karavolos wrote:

That I know, since I got it after the Dane. I mean if it is still going to be useable after getting the Tremere haven, or if not.

As a Baali, you can choose either LaCroix's offer for the Skyline haven OR you can convince Strauss that you are a Tremere and get the chantry haven, but not both. Once you choose one, the other is cut off. Does that answer your question?
Back to top Go down
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maxus Corvin

PostSubject: Re: Good News for me and for TFN!!!   Good News for me and for TFN!!! EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 11:10 am

Zer0Morph wrote:
Maxus Corvin wrote:
Karavolos wrote:

As a Baali, you can choose either LaCroix's offer for the Skyline haven OR you can convince Strauss that you are a Tremere and get the chantry haven, but not both. Once you choose one, the other is cut off. Does that answer your question?

Certainly, although I did look at the files already. Although, one thing that should probably change, is the state of the quest. As it is(although you know this already), the quest doesn't change if you chose the Skyline haven. I'd imagine that it does change once you do the two quests(at least, if it requires doing the plaugebearer quests, and dealing with the gargoyle in a way that does not expose Strauss). Shouldn't it either complete upon choosing Skyline, since it leaves the quest open for failure later?

Seems nothing I can see sets the quest state at 5, save for 633(in the regent's dlg file). But the lines that direct to that, require not having the Skyline haven, meaning even with the quest state at 3, it seems to cut off any mention of asking about getting the haven. Could be wrong, as I haven't looked extensively.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Good News for me and for TFN!!!   Good News for me and for TFN!!! EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 2:42 pm

It seems you're right. If you are took the Pyramid Quest and then take the Skyline apartment, the quest doesn't end like it should. Seems like it's an easy fix though by just adding in a second (Baali only) line and if taken, the quest ends in failure. I'll have to look and see where that puts us in Strauss' dialogue though.

Thanks for catching this minor oversight.

EDIT: Cancel what I just said. After further investigation I found that the Quest does indeed fail, but not until you talk to Strauss after taking the Skyline haven. If you take the Skyline haven, you are forced to tell Strauss that you already secured a haven with LaCroix and that fails the quest, so there's no issue.

I did find a minor bug however. When you refused the chantry haven, I had the quest state update twice meaning you failed the quest twice, heh. I fixed it and put it in the TFN 1.2 files.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good News for me and for TFN!!!   Good News for me and for TFN!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Good News for me and for TFN!!!
Page 1 of 1