Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ming Xiaos guards

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Ming Xiaos guards Empty
PostSubject: Ming Xiaos guards   Ming Xiaos guards EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 4:29 pm

Hi,

I know, it sounds like I'm one of the people who turn up sometimes and call for more combat right now.Usually I think the game has a good mix of combat and roleplaying aspects, but I believe the guards for the jade dragon, cat, etc. are a bit weak, considered that they guard the keys to an important part of endgame.
What do you think? Are they strong enough? Should they get better weapons? Should we increase their number, and if we do so, perhaps place some of the new ones at another position?

- geek
Back to top Go down
tinga1911
Neonate
Neonate
tinga1911

Ming Xiaos guards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ming Xiaos guards   Ming Xiaos guards EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 7:21 am

The ending of the game is ridiculously easy, though I'm one of those who play for the roleplaying, not for the combat. I have to confess that every now and then there are parts in certain games where I have to ask my boyfriend to help me with the fights (I'm a freak who'd be happy to play a hobbit, just eating mass amounts of cheesecake, smoking a pipe and running around helping people), but with VtMB it isn't so.

And Ming Xiaos guards are too easy as well. If they weren't fighting based on some insane troll logic they'd be much harder, but I think the best bet would be to add to their numbers. After you get downstairs there really isn't much resistance at all so more guards for me!
Back to top Go down
Celsius
Ancillae
Ancillae

Ming Xiaos guards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ming Xiaos guards   Ming Xiaos guards EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 1:11 pm

No, leave it as it is. The ending sequence is too combat-heavy already and we don't need more of sensless AI combatants to slaughter.
Back to top Go down
tinga1911
Neonate
Neonate
tinga1911

Ming Xiaos guards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ming Xiaos guards   Ming Xiaos guards EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 2:27 pm

Celsius: I know the end is very combat heavy, but come on! It's easier than the tutorial. I'm the first one to say yay to more quests and puzzles, but in this case the easiest way to make the ending more difficult is adding to the slaughter. Or increasing their skill or weapons. Of course you can make it harder by keeping your own weapon skills low, but that seems bloody stupid. At first I was scared of the end fights, almost made my bf play them for me, but when it got down to the fighting, it was all daffodils and teddybears. And as I've said, I'm not a skilled player. I usually play all games with the easiest settings, because I'm not interested in the fighting, but this was child's play compared to many bigger fights at Oblivion, Morrowind, Baldur's Gate, etc. Besides, it's nice to have easy snacks offered on a plate right before the boss fight (which is also ridiculously easy if you have the SPAS).
Back to top Go down
Celsius
Ancillae
Ancillae

Ming Xiaos guards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ming Xiaos guards   Ming Xiaos guards EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 8:28 am

I prefer long dungeon crawls to be easy, so I can just run my way through them right to the interesting content. It's just that I am not very interested in slaughtering random asian dudes and collecting some jade statues. Killing Ming Xiao is extremely boring, since you ned to wade your way through dozens of enemies through artificialy formed tunnel-like dungeon (I mean those despicable unpickable doors even if you got lockpick on 10). After completing Bloodlines like 6-7 times I can't say I'm interested in prolonging that sequence or having to play save&reload just to beat it. Or discovering that I don't have enough bloodpacks\ammo to make it through.

Actually, I was thinking of removing the guards completly or cutting them down to half of original quantity. Perhaps put less guards, but more lethal? Either way, I am not experienced in modding Bloodlines, so it's not my call anyway.
Back to top Go down
tinga1911
Neonate
Neonate
tinga1911

Ming Xiaos guards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ming Xiaos guards   Ming Xiaos guards EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 8:44 am

Okay, I see your point. I still think they should at least be more lethal. Nice to find someone else who doesn't play just for the carnage Smile The last guards should maybe be more lethal or more... durable at least. I mean a few rounds from the desert eagle and they're off to never-never-land, it's just too easy.
Back to top Go down
Celsius
Ancillae
Ancillae

Ming Xiaos guards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ming Xiaos guards   Ming Xiaos guards EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 3:10 pm

tinga1911 wrote:
Okay, I see your point. I still think they should at least be more lethal. Nice to find someone else who doesn't play just for the carnage Smile The last guards should maybe be more lethal or more... durable at least. I mean a few rounds from the desert eagle and they're off to never-never-land, it's just too easy.

You should be surprised that a human lasts more than one shot from a Deagle Cool

I know I know, it's just a game.
Back to top Go down
tinga1911
Neonate
Neonate
tinga1911

Ming Xiaos guards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ming Xiaos guards   Ming Xiaos guards EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 8:14 am

Quote :
You should be surprised that a human lasts more than one shot from a Deagle Cool

I know I know, it's just a game.

If I remember correctly, the last guards are Kuei-Jin, at least based on their auras... A human would probably drop from one. And if they aren't already Kuei-Jin they should be. If I were Ming-Xiao, I wouldn't leave the safety of my sanctuary in the hands of mere mortals.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Ming Xiaos guards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ming Xiaos guards   Ming Xiaos guards EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 6:40 pm

So we have two really opposing opinions on this matter. I'll just have to breed the cow you can milk after you slaughtered it for the meat, then. Should be a piece of cake Very Happy

- geek
Back to top Go down
Celsius
Ancillae
Ancillae

Ming Xiaos guards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ming Xiaos guards   Ming Xiaos guards EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 7:52 am

Well, you can always give the player the choice during installation, if he wishes more difficult Asian dudes or not. Other than that, I don't really insist on keeping it as it is. Just try to improve it in a creaive way, not spam the temple with 100+ identical guards.

Or perhaps add some traps, locked doors etc.?
Back to top Go down
tinga1911
Neonate
Neonate
tinga1911

Ming Xiaos guards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ming Xiaos guards   Ming Xiaos guards EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 3:06 pm

Celsius you said it. I don't want 100 identical guards, but I would love for them to be a bit more formidable than they are now. So, our opinions aren't completely opposed Wink
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Ming Xiaos guards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ming Xiaos guards   Ming Xiaos guards EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 8:16 am

Well, suffocating possible intruders in corpses wasnt my idea for a better protection of Ming Xiao either. Twisted Evil
So let's see what other evil ideas my diseased mind will bring up

- geek
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

Ming Xiaos guards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ming Xiaos guards   Ming Xiaos guards EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 8:54 am

Could give them random disciplines I guess. Perhaps improve statistics?
Back to top Go down
tinga1911
Neonate
Neonate
tinga1911

Ming Xiaos guards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ming Xiaos guards   Ming Xiaos guards EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 10:03 am

8people wrote:
Could give them random disciplines I guess. Perhaps improve statistics?

I think that'd do the trick. Does anyone remember are the last guards Kuei-Jin or human? If they are human Ming-Xiao has screwed herself leaving her safety in the hands of mortals Razz And in that case they should be made Kuei-Jin, giving them disciplines seems also a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Ming Xiaos guards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ming Xiaos guards   Ming Xiaos guards EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 1:01 pm

Maybe Obfuscate would serve them well, sneaking around the statues and waiting for someone to take them...
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Ming Xiaos guards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ming Xiaos guards   Ming Xiaos guards EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 5:19 pm

interesting idea
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ming Xiaos guards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ming Xiaos guards   Ming Xiaos guards Empty

Back to top Go down

Ming Xiaos guards
Page 1 of 1