Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Well?

Go down 
+11
Feral
eye of the divine
Karavolos
PGM1961
Claudia
Ayo
mouser9169
Maxus Corvin
Bloodstone
Duncan.Oliver
Dragatus
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SaulottheGentle
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
SaulottheGentle

Well? Empty
PostSubject: Well?   Well? EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 11:07 am

Well? Vtmb_t10

Would you?
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

Well? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well?   Well? EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 11:33 am

I'd press it. Troika can't make one and Obsidian is about as close to being Troika as any developer will ever get.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

Well? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well?   Well? EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 12:39 pm

I will. Batter squirrel in the snout than a deer over the ridge.
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

Well? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well?   Well? EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 3:49 pm

I'd spend money on it. Then again, I'm nuts for anything Vampire-related,.
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

Well? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well?   Well? EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 3:51 pm

Same here. Is there some rumor about some project in the works? Or is this just wishful thinking?
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Well? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well?   Well? EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 5:22 pm

I'd press it.
Back to top Go down
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maxus Corvin

Well? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well?   Well? EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 5:32 pm

Only game of Obsidian's I've played would be the obvious KotOR 2. Based on that, I'd hit the bloody thing so hard, perhaps it breaks.

However, if it was the case, I'd hope WW wouldn't even think about having Activision as publisher. And give Obsidian a reasonable development schedule. Maybe they had one for their more recent games, but still.
Back to top Go down
Bloodstone
Elder
Elder
Bloodstone

Well? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well?   Well? EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 10:55 pm

I'd press it as well.
Back to top Go down
eye of the divine
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
eye of the divine

Well? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well?   Well? EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 8:00 pm

*shrugs*

What's the worst that could happen?

*presses the button*
Back to top Go down
http://eyeofthedivine.tumblr.com
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

Well? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well?   Well? EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 9:08 am

Well? Operation_Upshot-Knothole_-_Badger_001
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

Well? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well?   Well? EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 9:27 am

Imagine a Masquerade game made by Bioware. Oh dear.
Back to top Go down
mouser9169
Elder
Elder

Well? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well?   Well? EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 12:47 pm

ThePhilosopher wrote:
Imagine a Masquerade game made by Bioware. Oh dear.
At least the damn thing would be finished...

"Vampire: The Winnowing": The orphaned son of Caine travels the world in search of four powerful artifacts...

As for Obsidian... for whatever reason they can't seem to crack the whip to get games finished (maybe they've gotten better recently). Either way though, it isn't like Bloodlines was a finished game on release.

Truthfully, what hurts the game's prospects more than anything is the dots. If they went with a more traditional 'level based' ruleset, the game would have a lot more players. White Wolf/CCP/Whoever they are today may be ok with being a niche game that can't keep books on retail shelves, but software publishers like a broader base than that before they'll commit to a big project (and rightfully so).

* Yes, The Witcher had dots, but it was still level based, and there really weren't that many choices. You'd have to work at it to hose yourself in that system.
Back to top Go down
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maxus Corvin

Well? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well?   Well? EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 2:39 pm

Now that I think about it, the only problem with how Bioware might do it, would be that they might want to say far too much about the character backstory, or that the idea the character might just be absolutely nobody before their embrace, wouldn't appeal to them. What would probably work for a VTM game would be some of the ideas used in TES, at least to the effect where the game doesn't force you to be one thing or the other. Maybe it might be able to say a few things about you based on what kind of character you chose at the start(not meaning clan/bloodline), but not be too specific about the character's motivation.

Hmm...another problem would be the possible inclusion of a morality system, and likely having romances in the game. For the morality, I really think it wouldn't work. Even if humanity technically is one, even the most humane of Vampires STILL need to feed, and thus, I don't think you can really play a specifically "Good" Vampire. Playing an "Evil" one is, well, a bit redundant.

As for the romances, although it is nice that there is potential for almost any kind(with some reason, of course), I'd hope it wouldn't be something the game forces on you. Sure, have it obvious a character can become much more familiar with you(and you with them), but don't have the game push for a certain one. Then again, this might be something that most wouldn't even want from such a game. Myself, well, I wouldn't mind, but I'd want options, and like I said, not to be pushed to a certain character based on the gender of my own.
Back to top Go down
eye of the divine
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
eye of the divine

Well? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well?   Well? EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 3:39 pm

:lol: that picture.

Hmm, I don't think it's not do-able but I do think it would need a lot of variety because there are so many different aspects to a game like this.

I think Romancing would be a good option, especially if it shows the player the dangers of what may happen if they pick any NPC. That could be anything from Masquerade violations, betrayals, unintended blood bonds etc. The list is huge when it comes to that.

If they did create a background I think they would allow you to choose but I quite enjoy concocting backgrounds for my characters when there isn't much said about it. I also quite like taking on characteristics so my Skyrim character didn't like gold and favoured three specific weapons.

With regards to morality we still have it in VTM I mean look at humanity and the paths they'd work quite well especially with the hierarchy of sins. This could have all kinds of ramifications with options available to a PC or speech options. I think this is where having background options at character creation would be most handy to be honest because it could dictate what the character would see as a sin.

I also think that using character sheets could work too but I imagine players would have to work hard for the points though.
Back to top Go down
http://eyeofthedivine.tumblr.com
mouser9169
Elder
Elder

Well? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well?   Well? EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 6:17 pm

I don't think there's any 'mights' about what Bioware would do re: character background.

You don't know who you are, then as the story unfolds you discover you are the childe of Caine. No surprises there, that's what Bioware does - and TBH they're good at it. You would then have to go and collect/do four things, possibly several times for different 'chapters'.

Regarding romance - has anyone here read the text between you and Heather? That's pretty much a romance if you want it to be one. I suppose you could add a few lines to nail it down (pun intended), but all the elements are there.

Part of me really does find it odd that there hasn't been some sort of a sequel, or at least another game made in the Masquerade/Requiem universe. Joe Q. Public is eating up anything vampire these days (especially teenage Jane Q. Public). Look at all the free-to-play vampire themed MMO's as an example. Hell, Everquest II has a playable vampire race now.

Yes, I know that supposedly there's a WoD MMO 'in the works', but honestly the dev quotes have me convinced they don't have the foggiest idea of what they're doing: they're trying to make a game that sounds cool to them rather than playing what's out there, finding out what works and what doesn't, and then tailor that to fit their 'vision'. No one is going to play a character sitting around in nice clothes for a few hours... I suppose maybe they could if they were AFK the whole time.

There's got to be some companies out there they could farm it out/license the rights to for a game. But I haven't understood anything WW/CCP has done in a long time. They came out with a great new game system (one MUCH better suited for computer gaming) where you only need to buy two books to play any given 'line' instead of the standard three - and only need one more book for each additional 'system', but won't keep books on shelves for people to see. Then they come out with new books of the old system, and say their 'new' MMO will use the 'old' rules. Madness What a Face 
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

Well? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well?   Well? EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 7:03 pm

mouser9169 wrote:
But I haven't understood anything WW/CCP has done in a long time. They came out with a great new game system (one MUCH better suited for computer gaming) where you only need to buy two books to play any given 'line' instead of the standard three - and only need one more book for each additional 'system', but won't keep books on shelves for people to see. Then they come out with new books of the old system, and say their 'new' MMO will use the 'old' rules. Madness What a Face 
It is simple. They have been Dominated/Blood Bound to destroy their own business and let the vampire craze die down. That is why there are no good games despite mounting demand for good vampire games. All to uphold the Masquerade. lol! 

OK. I know this is crazy, but don't WW/CCP behave the part?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Well? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well?   Well? EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 1:17 pm

Why would the Cam want the vampire hype to die down? The more (bad) vampire novels, films, games... the better. So people will say: Vampires, great topic, but don't you guys from the Soc take it a bit too serious? It's all fiction." Of course I'm not into the politics of the sects and the independent clans, but I know the best way to assertain the truth of any rumor is outright denial. So if the Cam really wants to suppress the vampire hype, they are even more bloody stupid than I ever imagined.

-geek 
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

Well? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well?   Well? EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 2:37 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Why would the Cam want the vampire hype to die down? The more (bad) vampire novels, films, games... the better. So people will say: Vampires, great topic, but don't you guys from the Soc take it a bit too serious? It's all fiction." Of course I'm not into the politics of the sects and the independent clans, but I know the best way to assertain the truth of any rumor is outright denial. So if the Cam really wants to suppress the vampire hype, they are even more bloody stupid than I ever imagined.

-geek 
Don't forget the bloody (pun intended) thing is run by the Ventrue. Nearly as much imagination as in European Commission. Tremere fossils making close second. For Mages Sleepers are to sleep, not think anything at all.
Yeah, that one should be handed down to the Toreador. We would have like ten Twilights a year, bro, and...

affraid 
You know, it is better as it is...
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Well? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well?   Well? EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 4:54 pm

If the pretty suckers think Meyers is a decent writer, or if they can't find one, well, then I'll have a word with them.Twisted Evil When I start talking, they won't like it, and when I'm finished, I can sell them to the godfather as crypt inhabitants...

-geek 
Back to top Go down
Ayo
Ancillae
Ancillae
Ayo

Well? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well?   Well? EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 5:18 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
If the pretty suckers think Meyers is a decent writer, or if they can't find one, well, then I'll have a word with them.Twisted Evil When I start talking, they won't like it, and when I'm finished, I can sell them to the godfather as crypt inhabitants...

-geek 
As a side project, can you do the same for 50 Shades of Grey? My shattered psyche won't be able to withstand a movie on it...
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

Well? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well?   Well? EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 5:21 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:

-geek 
That's the whole point, my insane germanic friend. The worse the vampire fictions are, the less people would consider the possibility of vampires IRL. While an intelligent, well-made and realistic work of fiction might make some people think "hey...what if?".
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

Well? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well?   Well? EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 5:50 pm

ThePhilosopher wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:
That's the whole point, my insane germanic friend. The worse the vampire fictions are, the less people would consider the possibility of vampires IRL. While an intelligent, well-made and realistic work of fiction might make some people think "hey...what if?".
Exactly. Hire writers that turn the vampire fiction into some stupid romance wish-fulfillment for affection-starved teen girls (and their moms), and nobody takes the idea seriously. Plus make the vampiric powers totally different than reality, to throw the vampire hunters off the scent. Sparkly vampires? Or vampires that are vulnerable to silver, like the True Blood vamps? That show is more dangerous to werewolves than vampires.

Plausible deniability, just like in the spy business.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Well? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well?   Well? EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 7:07 pm

No wonder Lyle puts on a team Edward shirt every now and then to get in the soccer mom influence circles Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Well? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well?   Well? EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 7:24 pm

Hm, we can't have badly written vampire stories only. Then people start thinking somebody must have an interest in making vampires totally unbelievable. Who can that be?!scratch 

But creating tons of different ideas for vampire powers and weaknesses is a good strategy for getting the existing hunters off track. And if it sets them on the track of the wolves, that's a positive side-effect.

-geek 
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

Well? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well?   Well? EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 7:32 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Hm, we can't have badly written vampire stories only. Then people start thinking somebody must have an interest in making vampires totally unbelievable. Who can that be?!scratch 

But creating tons of different ideas for vampire powers and weaknesses is a good strategy for getting the existing hunters off track. And if it sets them on the track of the wolves, that's a positive side-effect.

-geek 
I disagree. I am fully supportive of the wolves. They are great. I feel a lot like them at times.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Well? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well?   Well? Empty

Back to top Go down

Well?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: Team Camarilla International Forum :: The TCI Community Dark Room-
Jump to: