Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Adding Disciplines

Go down 
+2
8people
Tamlinsgrove
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tamlinsgrove
Fledgling
Fledgling

Adding Disciplines Empty
PostSubject: Adding Disciplines   Adding Disciplines EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 1:18 pm

I've recently gotten the hang of, I guess, "modding the mod" through the text files found in the Vampire file (Traiteffects, histories, etc). The one thing that eludes me, however, is how to give a clan a new discipline.
The reason I ask, is because I had a look in my friend's old Toreador clan book. In the section describing well-known members of the clan, I came across this real badass Toreador of the 8th or 9th generation (whose name eludes me atm) who had mastered the Protean discipline and had apparently killed a numbre of Werewolves singlehandedly.
Needless to say, I wanted to recreate this in the game, so I wondered if anyone knew how to do this.
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

Adding Disciplines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding Disciplines   Adding Disciplines EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 1:24 pm

You can simply cheat it in with the console if that's what you're after. There are instructions on several forums, plus I think it's been mentioned on this forum if you use the search function.

You would have to use hot keys to utilise the disciplines however due to engine limitations hardcoded into the game.

Typically non-clan disciplines cannot be learned innately and are meant to be taught - which is a main reason only clan disciplines are available to the PC.
Back to top Go down
Tamlinsgrove
Fledgling
Fledgling

Adding Disciplines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding Disciplines   Adding Disciplines EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 1:32 pm

Thank you for the quick reply.
Sorry for bringing up an old topic, only I thought that this was something that had to be done via the text files, which wouldn't be accessible without this mod.

Anyway, thanks a lot.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Adding Disciplines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding Disciplines   Adding Disciplines EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 3:43 pm

Hey there, sorry for the late reply but I just ran across this post and thought I could offer my assistance.

8people mentioned the "Console" way to allow your Toreador to use Protean however there is another way as well. If you go into the \vdata\system folder inside of the \Vampire directory you will find a file called "Clandoc000.txt". This file can allow you to set up to 5 disciplines for each clan. Technically you can add more than 5 but you wouldn't be able to see it in the character sheet window so the limit is 5.

Simply change one of the current disciplines from "XXXXX" to "Protean" and next time you boot up the game all Toreador (PCs) will have access to Protean. It will look like this....

Disciplines
{
"Blood_Healing" "1" // changed by wesp
/// "Blood_Buff_Dexterity" "1"
/// "Blood_Buff_Stamina" "1"
/// "Blood_Buff_Strength" "1"
"Corpus_Vampirus" "1"
"Celerity" "1"
"Potence" "1"
"Presence" "1"
}

/// means "Disregard this line". You can swap out Blood_Healing, Corpus_Vampirus, Celerity, Potence, or Presence for example. The example was taken from the Brujah PC, not the Toreador, the Toreador will obviously have different disciplines.

Hope that helped.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Adding Disciplines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding Disciplines   Adding Disciplines EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 3:58 pm

If I recmember right, I had up to 6 working in a game of mine.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Adding Disciplines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding Disciplines   Adding Disciplines EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 3:59 pm

Yes, you can see 6 disciplines Smile
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Adding Disciplines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding Disciplines   Adding Disciplines EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 4:21 pm

6 really? Where does the "Skip the Intro" checkbox go then? Wouldn't the 6th discipline run into the checkbox during character creation?
Back to top Go down
Tamlinsgrove
Fledgling
Fledgling

Adding Disciplines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding Disciplines   Adding Disciplines EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 4:37 pm

Awesome, thanks a bunch!
Concerning the Toreador I sought to emulate, it is never explained how he learned to use the Protean discipline. I doubt any gangrel would be willing to teach the discipline which pretty much defines them as a clan to a foppish Toreador, even though this particular one seems like a really nasty piece of work (besides killing at least two werewolves on his own, he has also been playing merry hell with the Sabbat for ages, assassinating their elders and whatnot).

Anyway, thank you, thank you , thank you! cheers
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Adding Disciplines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding Disciplines   Adding Disciplines EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 5:50 pm

Have fun Tam!! affraid

Go easy on the humans!
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Adding Disciplines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding Disciplines   Adding Disciplines EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 6:40 pm

Yep, should make a Nagaraja of this character, not a Toreador Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

Adding Disciplines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding Disciplines   Adding Disciplines EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 8:38 pm

Vampires are individuals foremost, while there is prejudice within many clans, Gangrel are actually one of the fewest disposed towards judging one based on clan. Besides, in most circumstances it isn't obvious on first glance what clan one is, it takes thaumaturgy and/or auspex to determine clan usually. Everything is simplified for computer games unfortunately, but inevitably.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Adding Disciplines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding Disciplines   Adding Disciplines EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 8:54 pm

Auspex cannot help you determine clan, unless the target is thinking about what clan he is from (and he might not be right about what clan he really is).
Thaumaturgy alltheway Smile
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

Adding Disciplines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding Disciplines   Adding Disciplines EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 5:56 am

One of the 'alternative' higher dot skills you can buy is a refined aura reading ability which reveals more about specific auras you are reading. Might be a combi-discipline but can't remember right now.

Quick browse of the wiki I think it's a six-dot Auspex discipline.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Adding Disciplines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding Disciplines   Adding Disciplines EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 6:30 am

I've checked around, the only non surnatural way is to ask around somebody, somewhere must have seen the sire and the guy you are trying to find out the clan together... If not, he's a Caitiff. Actually, your character in Bloodlines is technicly a Caitiff (nobody teached her about disciplines or anything about her clan, I doubt his sire gave her some courses !). So a good phonecall...
Auspex can help you find out the guy's clan, but the guy needs to be aware of it when you are reading his mind. So auspex can save you a quarter for the phonecall Very Happy

The thing with 5+ dots is that they are not standard disciplines because you can "create" your own level 6, your own level 7...
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

Adding Disciplines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding Disciplines   Adding Disciplines EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 8:29 am

You can create your own level 1 to 5 powers as well, and there are others outside of the core rulebook, so what? The discipline I'm looking at is a level six one that exists in this setting, is clearly documented, with examples.

Auspex isn't just mindreading anyway, it's supernatural awareness and perception with telepathic elements and ordinance.

Technically, perhaps, in the game there was a point where you were supposed to be given information on your clan, as a whole the beginning was meant to be a lot more in depth and have a broader tutorial most of it just didn't make it into the final release, which is a shame really - I'd have liked to have seen what they planned at least. Your character is aware of their clan throughout the game as well, can see it in pretty much all the dialogues and (without editing :p) the game only lets you buy clan disciplines, plus Nosferatu and Tremere take responsibility for you and others will treat you as kin if they are the same clan as you. The character only gets left as caitiff in the broadest sense possible of a vampire without knowledge of their sire or their clan depending on how much depth of knowledge you'd expect.
Back to top Go down
Tamlinsgrove
Fledgling
Fledgling

Adding Disciplines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding Disciplines   Adding Disciplines EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 3:45 pm

Hi again. My computer has been acting up a bit lately and I only recently got it sorted. Therefor I couldn't try out the whole discipline changing thing until yesterday.
I followed the instructions given, replacing presence for protean in the clandoc000 text file, but when I started up the game again, nothing had changed (i have tried both with and without histories). The disciplines were still celerity, auspex and precense. What am I doing wrong?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Adding Disciplines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding Disciplines   Adding Disciplines EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 5:32 pm

Hi,

I just checed it out. Clandoc.txt as Zer0 has described it works fine. But you have to start a new game. If you don't want to do that, your only choice is the console.
For a new game you can even add a new discipline to the existing ones, if you don't mind being scolded for cheating by Jack when the tutorial starts.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Adding Disciplines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding Disciplines   Adding Disciplines EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 5:37 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
6 really? Where does the "Skip the Intro" checkbox go then? Wouldn't the 6th discipline run into the checkbox during character creation?

I my version of the character creation sheet, the "skip intro" box is in the description window anyway; so plenty of room for a sixth discipline.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Tamlinsgrove
Fledgling
Fledgling

Adding Disciplines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding Disciplines   Adding Disciplines EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 5:46 pm

That's wierd, because I started a new game directly after I had fiddled with clandoc, I didn't load an old one.
I'll give it another go and let you know if it works.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Adding Disciplines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding Disciplines   Adding Disciplines EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 5:52 am

Hi,

there is one problem I can think of: maybe you browsed too fast througt the file and ended up in the multiplayer section of clandoc000. Make sure you edit the clan "Player_Toreador"

- geek
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Adding Disciplines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding Disciplines   Adding Disciplines EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 7:04 am

This is starting to sound too much like Linux...
Back to top Go down
Tamlinsgrove
Fledgling
Fledgling

Adding Disciplines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding Disciplines   Adding Disciplines EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 9:08 am

That might be it! It does say MP toreador in the doc, quite obvious really.
I offer my most embaressed gratitude.
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

Adding Disciplines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding Disciplines   Adding Disciplines EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 10:04 am

In my programming class last year a boy was getting incredibly frustrated.

After you code something you need to compile it, then run it to see any updates.

This lad was working away on his code, running the program he made, getting angrier and angrier. None of his changes were taking affect! He'd been working on one simple bug for two hours now!

The problem?

He wasn't compiling his code.

Sometimes we all make little mistakes Smile
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Adding Disciplines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding Disciplines   Adding Disciplines EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 3:33 pm

I never figured out what MP stood for, Multiplayer maybe?
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

Adding Disciplines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding Disciplines   Adding Disciplines EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 3:57 pm

Is the pretty standard connotation. Explains why the possibility of the multiplayer patch was released surprisingly early
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Adding Disciplines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding Disciplines   Adding Disciplines Empty

Back to top Go down

Adding Disciplines
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next